Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The neo914-6 Concept
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
neo914-6
After Mike unloaded my car we loaded Jon's Watts car onto the trailer. Tony just finished fabricating Jon's Subaru mount. Jon picked up the Audi engine and Boxster transaxle at my place and dropped it off at Tony's before he picked up his car on the trailer. It worked so well it even seems like we planned this. laugh.gif Actually props go to Mike!

Thanks Jon! aktion035.gif
jonwatts
Always willing to help a fellow club member with plans more insane than my own laugh.gif

Thanks to Mike and Felix and Tony and Joe for loading up my car for me, it made picking my car up very smooth. The only time I broke a sweat all day was rearranging crap in the garage.

The next time my car leaves the garage should be on its way to paint! boldblue.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Dec 28 2005, 10:21 PM)
The next time my car leaves the garage should be on its way to paint! boldblue.gif

Did I hear "WCC06" in July??? biggrin.gif

It will leave under it's own power...
jonwatts
No comment, this is your progress thread wink.gif
John Kelly
Nice to see so much progress Felix! Kudos to Mark for the flare work. I bet he spent at least as much time as I did on the rears, just welding and finishing them up. Looks like the fronts turned out nice! I'd like to see more pictures when you get the car back.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
neo914-6
Went by a body shop where Tony , the owner of TAC had built old Mini's with MR2 drivetrains and a wide bodykit years before the new Mini came along. I found him after seeing his Mini featured in a car magazine and his shop happened to be a close to where I used to live. Unfortunately he only creates body parts for his own cars but hasn't the time to market them and doesn't do full paint. I showed him my project online and he "approved" of the Audi drivetrain owning a couple of TT's himself. Tony has a dino kit 914 and many other interesting cars. He refered me to his friend who is a bigger fan of Audis and owns a shop a few miles away. When I met Joao of Brasil Auto he was impressed that I chose the 2.7tt and began to show me "some" of his collection. Old Triumphs, Benzs, BMW 2002 tii, and a Renault Turbo 1! shocked[1].gif It was in basket form but all there, what a cool car. He said this prompted his friend Tony to build the MR2 turbo Mini's. He does metal work and restoration but only on his cars. Both these guys impress me with their passion for cars. Joao used to race an Audi quattro so he is another source of Audi parts and expertise that I will need for neo914-6... wink.gif
neo914-6
Feb update,

914 is still @ TC Design, not in a big hurry to get it with my V8 914 still in the garage.

Got the internal wiring harness from one of Joao's wrecked A4's. The dash panel and climate control connect but I'll need to verify all of it with the wiring diagrams that I need to load on my laptop.

Got a climate module from the same car but turns out the housing is cracked. Dealer wants $600 for that plastic box. ohmy.gif Another from a 99 A4 "should" fit as part numbers match. Thanks Craigslist

Found out I need an Audi e-throttle pedal so I may not use the 993 pedal cluster or just cut off the integral throttle.

HID lights are coming along well, the signal LED is mounted above the main light. All I need to do is fabricate a bezel to finish the interior. A big surprise product will be available in a couple of months. cool.gif

The single piece doors are progressing as well. I took out a couple inches in regulator rails for the shorter 914 door. I was concerned the forward triangle was going to be too tall based on matching the front to the rear channel angles. I was able to mount it far enough forward to have that nearly full side view. The Boxster/996 regulators apparently are strong enough not to utilize guide rails so mine should be stiffer. Anyone know where to get door motors for less than $250? I need a passenger side.

Rear spoiler is on Muellers list but I may have to finish it when his daughters coming home. I'm glad this is spurning new rear spoiler ideas...
neo914-6
March update,

914 is still @ TC Design due to an unbelieveable delivery delay of the hydraulic table (to precisely position the drivetrain) which still allowed me to work on sub-projects. <!-- emo&;) -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Jon and I will get our aluminum cooling pipes bent to fit in the chassis "ditch" by Tony once the car is up on the lift.

Awaiting another set of CD wiring diagrams as the originals didn't load on my laptop. <!-- emo&:screwy: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Got a second climate module w/o cracks.<!-- emo&:screwy: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> Can't do anything here until I get the car home and the dash off.

Still awaiting my Audi parts source for an e-throttle pedal. He sold me some down pipes that I will at least use the flanges and maybe pre-cats to the mufflers. Who needs O2? I do if I want my instrument cluster to work. I may bypass them so we'll see.

A little more progress on the single piece doors as I found a certain BMW door panel shape that will work with the GT3 seat. The first set I bought was crap, I couldn't believe the seller fiberglassed and painted the panels with what looked like house paint. They were cheap but the shipping was not. The second set is nice, very modern but won't use the door air bag. Also found a "cheap Boxster door motor I needed.

Rear spoiler is back on my list as Mueller decided to focus on his own projects including raising twins. What's up with that? <!-- emo&:confused: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> <!-- emo&:lol: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Bought a beautiful billet steering wheel extension from Bryan (datapace). He's on the road to a cool project. Now I'm going to have to incorporate some finished aluminum into the interior. <!-- emo&:idea: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Chris (Rockaria) may work on my SEMA signage to a format that can be metal etched by Patrick (ppickerell) for a plaque. I'm toying with the idea of using an old engine bar as a stand. <!-- emo&:rolleyes: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

I gave my 2.7tt basket case engine to Sonu who will rebuild it for 500hp! Another 2.7tt 914 conversion! <!-- emo&:trophy: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> Unfortunately a grand down but worth it as he will be a major asset to finishing my project.

Sonu suggested I use the Audi transmission which adapts to the Boxster cable shifter very easily (same family). Additionally the CV flanges match the 911 CV's and it has an internal speed sensor. With the Boxster I need to design a toner wheel to make it work. Audi tranny is less "sexy" but may be stronger and I could actually save $, what a concept. <!-- emo&:lol: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

I bought an Elise soft top on UK eBay. Not sure when I'll start this project but juggling is my MO. <!-- emo&:wacko: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Rolled metal rocker was a bust with my local metal shop. They didn't have a 40" roller so they formed it with steps. WTF <!-- emo&:confused: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> Search for a local metal shaper is still afoot...

Found a set of BMW (not again!) grilles that will work well in my bumper design for cooling intake. I'm very pleased with the shape and touch of chrome. Can't wait to mold these <!-- emo&:D -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->
Andyrew
Rolled metal rockers? Tell me about this...

Something I could make?
neo914-6
I found someone who can do some of my fiberglass work. Check out Mike's awesome V8 motorcycle. shocked[1].gif
Rand
My Hemi is faster! laugh.gif (Saw it at a car show)

Can't wait to see photos as your project comes to life. It's going to be one awesome car!!
neo914-6
early April update,

TC Design finally received his hydraulic table and will work on the drivetrain mounts next week. smilie_pokal.gif Then Jon and I will get our aluminum cooling pipes bent.

Sent drawings to Marty for SEMA approval

I found a local engineer/fabricator who can to work on my rear spoiler.

Haven't received my Elise soft top from UK, anyone know how long Royal Mail takes?
guiltless
Royal Mail usually is usually really quick. I usually on order CD's though so I can only speculate for a top.
marks914
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Apr 8 2006, 10:59 AM)
early April update,

TC Design finally received hydraulic table and will work on the drivetrain mounts next week. smilie_pokal.gif Then Jon and I will get our aluminum cooling pipes.

Sent drawings to Marty for SEMA approval

I found a local engineer/fabricator who can to work on my rear spoiler.

Haven't received my Elise soft top from UK, anyone know how long Royal Mail takes?

Hey Felix,
I will probably be at SEMA this year too, we should try to hook up. I will have a couple of vehicles there as well.
I think your car is going to really surprise alot of people.
Mark
neo914-6
QUOTE (marks914 @ Apr 9 2006, 03:19 AM)
Hey Felix,
I will probably be at SEMA this year too, we should try to hook up.  I will have a couple of vehicles there as well.
I think your car is going to really surprise alot of people.
Mark

Sounds Great Mark! McMark and others from the Bay Area may be there and we will surely meet the Las Vegas Contingent: Vegas Racer, LVSteve, Chris914n...
neo914-6
Tony at TC Design has made great progress on mounting the drivetrain. smilie_pokal.gif He used the stock Boxster transmission mount bolted on a welded boxed section that will be tied to the shock mount. He also cut some of the rear firewall but much of it will be replaced once fitment is complete. The front motor mounts are about 8" rear of the bar and he plans to use the stock front snub motor mount to reduce radial engine motion. While the work is fantastic it unfortunately will be difficult to reproduce a simple conversion kit. If you ever need a spec track or street cage TC Design is arguably the best in SF Bay Area.

Can't seem to post pics... confused24.gif
neo914-6
can post pics now! biggrin.gif
neo914-6
Boxster Transaxle! Should have more pics tomorrow...
neo914-6
Progress at TC Design: the engine and transaxle mounts are done, sorry no closeups of the fine workmanship. The drivetrain is out so Tony can work on the front engine mount and fabricate an access panel for the back of the engine. The interesting thing is the drivetrain is designed asymetrical. The Boxster output flange sticks out on the left side and the other side is recessed. The Audi heads are slightly offset as well. confused24.gif Not a problem just an observation...

The turbo outlets to downpipe are oval. Good thing I have the mating down pipe to modify...
mg914
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 14 2006, 11:51 PM) *

Progress at TC Design: the engine and transaxle mounts are done, sorry no closeups of the fine workmanship. The drivetrain is out so Tony can work on the front engine mount and fabricate an access panel for the back of the engine. The interesting thing is the drivetrain is designed asymetrical. The Boxster output flange sticks out on the left side and the other side is recessed. The Audi heads are slightly offset as well. confused24.gif Not a problem just an observation...

The turbo outlets to downpipe are oval. Good thing I have the mating down pipe to modify...

need more updates.... feed me Seymour!!
Virgil
I wish I had time (and money) to tinker endlessly with parts, cars, motorcycles, and metal.... wow. I will be there someday.
neo914-6
May was consumed by a couple surgeries (wife and Tony), more responsibilities at work (I'm told opportunities), and a daughter with more energy than mine. smile.gif Other drama but nothing that needs to be stated.

I finally got the correct S4 wiring harness, this is how it looks like after a couple of hours of "organizing" it. I figured why risk differences in the A4 harness I previously found. Here's a thread on wiring. What's cool is I found another converter that is installing a 2.7tt into a VW truck. Here's his website More collaborative knowledge to help this project move forward! clap56.gif

I installed the power steering pump pulley and found out Jason gutted his on his Boxster 914 so it could run "dry". It's now basically a bearing holder for the pulley. What's interesting to me is the designs are similar and I may be able to use the Boxster pump once I've adapted the Audi power steering column and rack that I also acquired. I know the Boxster pump is designed to pump the distance from a mid placed engine. This is phase 2 or 3 and a trip to Marks I'm sure.

I discovered the Audi S4 pedal assembly is too long and tall so I'm back to the 993/6 assembly but with the Audi E-throttle. With the correct harness everything should work. I even got a tank level sensor that I "may" adapt later...
jonwatts
mmm, nice controls.

so which pedal cluster is that, the audi or the 993?

dflesburg
I think the thing that truely sets your drawing apart is the windows...

If you have one piece glass made like that let me know, I will take a pair, but you will need to make a new guide to fit in the door to hold the front edge....

neo914-6
Drivetrain mounts, cooling pipes formed, downpipes fabricated. Excellent work Tony! smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
man, I look at all that wiring and plumbing and it makes me want to hug my "simple" Type IV smile.gif

good to see some serious progress !!!!
neo914-6
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 20 2006, 01:01 AM) *

man, I look at all that wiring and plumbing and it makes me want to hug my "simple" Type IV smile.gif

good to see some serious progress !!!!

Mike,

Simple is not in your vocabulary! biggrin.gif

revised schedule:
June 06- mount shifter, mufflers, instruments & climate control system, HID headlights
July 06 - mount radiators, plumbing, single arm wiper, single piece windows
Aug 06 - interior, mold bumpers, and fabricate rockers, , tail lights, retractible spoiler, disassemble
Sept 06 -body prep, paint
Oct 06 - re-assembly, shake down, marketing
Nov 06 - transport to LV, SEMA
Brad Roberts
Felix,

I see 06 SEMA?

Care to elaborate on this? Do you have a business now?

B
Andyrew
Looking great man!!!
neo914-6
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 20 2006, 09:30 PM) *

Felix,

I see 06 SEMA?

Care to elaborate on this? Do you have a business now?

B

Brad,

No biz yet but definitely a 3-D design portfolio. Check my threads. The plan started last year:
I'm here at the SEMA, found a business office PC...

Wow.....

Too much cool stuff, bling, T&A. Pics when I return. Met with Marty (Maltese Falcon) and planned for next year. neo914-6 will be the first 914 shown at SEMA and will be in the breezeway getting lots of traffic next to alot of ricers, customs, and rods.
neo914-6
Bling for Mike Mueller... laugh.gif
neo914-6
Count down to SEMA as the registration is in. I don't know how I got myself into this schedule crunch (well I do actually) but it will be late nights for 3 months and some parts of the project may be postponed time permitting. The last thing I want is a non-runner so I will be asking for more "favors" ... rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

What must happen:
-Fabricate designed body pieces and mount all Audi components in August
-Body & Paint in September
-Work on details and functionality in October

Transport to Las Vegas Oct 29th boldblue.gif
neo914-6
Worked on plumbing yesterday and fitting the radiators. I beaded one end of my formed aluminum tubes and like the Earls tool. I was pleased that I used "most" of the stock radiator bracket. I may need brackets welded in as I've cut out so much metal. The neighbors must love my racket.

Today, I had to lift the engine an inch to pull out the old shifter rod. The engine mount didn't quite match the hole when I lowered it so I had to creatively "persuade" it to align. I have to run the cable lengths to locate the shifter.

I spoke to a fiberglass fabricator today about whether to build a one-off composite bumper or a plug for a mold. I wanted to make the "plug" removable so he can work on it at his shop but will likely build it on the car given the shape. I need to get a fiberglass stock valance and the fender straightened first.

My friend from Art Center gave me some good advise and a lead on a fabricator in LA that I plan to use for the articulating spoiler. He is supposed to be very good, I just hope I can afford him.

Got another lead on a local upholsterer, I need to bring them the back panel and seat for quotes.

Booked an appt with a painter to look a my project. He only does one car at a time. I have several local options but schedule and cost will be the driver.

Got a source on an inexpensive windshield @ $200.

I found a mechanic/fabricator on carsdomain who added 944 power brakes and VW Corrado power steering on his 914. These are definitely in the phase 2 (post SEMA) plans...

sorry no pics...
mrdezyne
Add my name to your list of people to meet up with at SEMA. I will be there with LOWRANCE and our GPS systems but should have plenty of free time to mix and mingle. Maybe we can get a group together one day and go bug the guys at Renegade.
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jun 19 2006, 11:56 PM) *

Drivetrain mounts, cooling pipes formed, downpipes fabricated. Excellent work Tony! smilie_pokal.gif

Hi Felix,

Wow.. those huge "hats" on top of your stock hubs really look like they will cantilevering your wheel bearings quite a bit. What do you think?
neo914-6
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Aug 2 2006, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jun 19 2006, 11:56 PM) *

Hi Felix,

Wow.. those huge "hats" on top of your stock hubs really look like they will cantilevering your wheel bearings quite a bit. What do you think?

Brian,

That's a good topic for discussion. These spacers are made to fit the positive offset wheels many manufacturers are producing. You hardly see the negative deep dish (negative offset) wheels anymore. I just wanted to stay with the modern trend and use available large diameter factory alloys and I liked this design for my car. smile.gif We'll have to see the affects on the wheel bearings...

Did you do your SD to Bay Area run yet?
byndbad914
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 2 2006, 02:53 PM) *

That's a good topic for discussion. These spacers are made to fit the positive offset wheels many manufacturers are producing. You hardly see the negative deep dish (negative offset) wheels anymore. I just wanted to stay with the modern trend and use available large diameter factory alloys and I liked this design for my car. smile.gif We'll have to see the affects on the wheel bearings...

Offset for moment in the bearings depends upon the centerline of the tire contact patch itself, not necessarily where the mounting surface is.

So you can have a really wide wheel with a major backspacing so you need a big-arse spacer, but the moment may be no different than the stock wheel. Probably just have a rubbing issue on the inner fenderwell instead <for instance>.

Easiest just to assume that where the plane at the center of the tire is is where the reaction force is thru, not where the plane at the end of the spacer is.

btw Felix, what is up with the headlight in turnsignal bucket deal??
TonyAKAVW

First batch of lenses will be arriving here about a month from now. As far as I know thats the 'critical part.'

-Tony
byndbad914
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Aug 2 2006, 04:57 PM) *

First batch of lenses will be arriving here about a month from now. As far as I know thats the 'critical part.'

-Tony

Hey Tony... are you having them made from glass? I thought you guys were talking something injection molded - but did you find a plastic than can take the heat? I am waiting to buy a fiberglass hood to see if yous guys can make this work - then I can ditch my headlight assemblies altogether on the tube car. If so, I get the big hood, otherwise I need the one with headlight cut-outs smile.gif

Would be nice to 86 those headlight buckets altogether!
guiltless
So which Audi engines will mate up with the Boxter transaxle?

This is an inspiring project for me. After seeing this, and contemplating some engine options, I am pretty sure I am going to be ditching Suby Power.
TonyAKAVW
The lenses are being made from plastic by injection molding. The die is steel, and pretty much any plastic or ruber can be used. I am not sure of the name of the material being used, but I told him (my father inlaw) that it must withstand high heat, UV, and be crystal clear. He seemed to have no problem with those requirements.

I'm really suspecting that the HID headlights won't put out nearly as much heat as standard incandescent or halogen bulbs. The color temperature of the HID bulbs are much higher, so their spectral content in the infrared is lower than for a halogen. Also, they are much more efficient, meaning thatless energy is lost as heat. So I'm betting that heat isn't going ot be as much of an issue as people think.

-Tony
neo914-6

I'm really excited about Tony's lenses, they will certainly add a "production" look to this car. boldblue.gif Having many sets available will make replacement feasible. My old Mercedes has clear plastic surrounds for the fog light that yellow over time but my bet is modern plastics are better formulated.

I am waiting to buy a fiberglass hood to see if yous guys can make this work - then I can ditch my headlight assemblies
Tim, the lights will work as they are plug and play but how the lenses hold up are the question. I will keep mine vented inside the fender to help manage the heat.

Add my name to your list of people to meet up with at SEMA.
Let me know if anyone will be there Sunday 29th, I may need help setting up and have an "assistants" badge.

So which Audi engines will mate up with the Boxster transaxle? This is an inspiring project for me. After seeing this, and contemplating some engine options, I am pretty sure I am going to be ditching Suby Power

We know the 2.7TT and probably the 1.8T. Sonu used the stock A4 gearbox but it is very similar to the Boxster. You'd have to really like the Audis since the Suby engines are easier to transplant.

byndbad914
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 2 2006, 07:19 PM) *

I am waiting to buy a fiberglass hood to see if yous guys can make this work - then I can ditch my headlight assemblies
Tim, the lights will work as they are plug and play but how the lenses hold up are the question. I will keep mine vented inside the fender to help manage the heat.

kosher - just want to see if the covers work, then the conversion would be a clean setup. No cover would look a little funky me thinks... my car is a POS but I must have a lens that works happy11.gif Won't be painted, but that signal bucket better look sweet laugh.gif
neo914-6
I'm on a 90 day mad SEMA schedule so excuse me if I don't post, email, or call you back. I have a daily diary and may post it as a blog but here are the highlights:

Ordered a Rennspeed full fiberglass hood, I cannot work in the Getty CF for my design. It cannot be "filled" to match the pattern. A metal hood would have cost me more and add more time. I can always have one fabricated later.

I mounted the fog lights below the signal pods, as a "backup". If the single Hella HID's don't provide enough light, I can easily replace the fogs with another set of HID's.

After removing the stock dash, I test fit the Audi dash. It's a nice fit but I still have to align the climate system ducts. The steering column is ~2" to the right relative to the instrument panlel and the pedals are even further right. If I correct the alignment to the instruments it will be more awkward for the legs. I may move the steering column only an inch left which will require a longer shaft and a fabricated mounting plate.

I cut out areas of the front bulkhead to fit the climate control unit and so far looks like it will fit albiet with very little leg room for the passenger. Oh well the seat is non-adjust anyway, LOL.

I fit the 996 radiators, the stock mount brackets worked well after I trimmed them. I even used the stock inlet and outlet ducts, see the bumper thread for a pic. I cut down the Boxster Y tubes and will get the right fittings and hoses later. I used an Earl's tool to create hose beads on the tubes TC Design bent to the trough under the car. It required a huge wrench.

The stock intercoolers are ~1" too wide and the inlet/outlets won't work, I may buy some from Bell Intercoolers.

I worked on the doors, the 996 regulators are quite a challenge but will make them work...
byndbad914
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Aug 2 2006, 05:29 PM) *

I'm really suspecting that the HID headlights won't put out nearly as much heat as standard incandescent or halogen bulbs. The color temperature of the HID bulbs are much higher, so their spectral content in the infrared is lower than for a halogen. Also, they are much more efficient, meaning thatless energy is lost as heat. So I'm betting that heat isn't going ot be as much of an issue as people think.

-Tony

I think you are right about that. My friend works for Honda and had a new S2000 the other night and we drove around a bit, got back, and I asked him to leave the headlights on real quick. Jumped out and felt the plastic and no heat at all. So, plastic should be fine assuming it doesn't sun fade (I figure you already considered that in material selection...)
neo914-6
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Aug 7 2006, 06:59 PM) *
I think you are right about that. My friend works for Honda and had a new S2000 the other night and we drove around a bit, got back, and I asked him to leave the headlights on real quick. Jumped out and felt the plastic and no heat at all. So, plastic should be fine assuming it doesn't sun fade (I figure you already considered that in material selection...)

Tim,

last Dec '05:

Tony,

The specs are:
*Same size and shape as original (except the diamond diffuser features)
*Quality UV resistant, non-yellowing clear plastic
*Crystal, preferably optically clear, no features on both sides of lense
*Original channel features of the outer seal but not necessarily the "flutes" in the channel
*Original mounting for two screws
*Low cost per lense, delivered (need quote)

Thanks,
Felix
guiltless

So which Audi engines will mate up with the Boxster transaxle? This is an inspiring project for me. After seeing this, and contemplating some engine options, I am pretty sure I am going to be ditching Suby Power

We know the 2.7TT and probably the 1.8T. Sonu used the stock A4 gearbox but it is very similar to the Boxster. You'd have to really like the Audis since the Suby engines are easier to transplant.

I was thinking more along the lines of the W12. I know there are a TON of issues to work out (which I am well on my way to working out), I just want to see how bad the tranny issue would be.
neo914-6
QUOTE(guiltless @ Aug 7 2006, 10:04 PM) *

I was thinking more along the lines of the W12. I know there are a TON of issues to work out (which I am well on my way to working out), I just want to see how bad the tranny issue would be.

What's a W12? blink.gif

BTW, I started to trim the Audi dashboard to fit. Climate Control, yeah! beer.gif devil.gif
guiltless
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 7 2006, 11:36 PM) *

QUOTE(guiltless @ Aug 7 2006, 10:04 PM) *

What's a W12? blink.gif

BTW, I started to trim the Audi dashboard to fit. Climate Control, yeah! beer.gif devil.gif

Picture 2 vr6's stuck together at an angle. It is 12 cylinders packed into a space just larger than a standard v6. 450hp N/A. Audi puts it in the A8L and VW puts it into the Phaeton.

I can't wait to see the dash. I would have never thought to integrate the Audi climate control.
AndrewBlyholder
Love the Neo914 project. I've had similar dreams, but I've several years from starting on anything. My long term goal is to create a comfortable highway cruiser with all the modern amenities, like good climate control/AC. My wife's family is in LA so we do the highway 5 boggie down from SF several times a year. I'd love to do that in a 914.

So I'm most interested in your new climate control system. I see you're splicing in an Audi system, but how much of it? Including the heater mixing box? If so, how are you mounting that? In the front trunk or behind the front bulkhead in the passenger compartment? AC? Condenser location?

Sorry so many questions,

Thanks,

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.