Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marv's 3.6 GT project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
KELTY360
drooley.gif Are you going to the moon with that thing?
rick 918-S
beerchug.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 9 2013, 06:59 PM) *

Very nice! Are you going to put it on the track?

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 9 2013, 09:37 PM) *

drooley.gif Are you going to the moon with that thing?

Track no... maybe DE. But autocross yes that was the original idea when I started this project in 2005 yikes it's been a long time.. Maybe I will go to the moon.

The car has been since the beginning an autocross car.. most all the work has been to get the car balanced and setup to handle great even the trans is setup with close ratio 2,3,4 gears. lightweight and balance should be really fun.
mepstein
Marv - Love the build. Glad to see it's getting finished. What did you do to fix the door gap?
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 10 2013, 07:16 PM) *

Marv - Love the build. Glad to see it's getting finished. What did you do to fix the door gap?

I was wondering the same thing...what did you do to fix the door gap? agree.gif
siverson
Sweet. Looks like you are getting close.

-Steve
Luke M
Someday my 6 will look this nice.
More updates please....

beerchug.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 27 2013, 10:04 AM) *

Someday my 6 will look this nice.
More updates please....

beerchug.gif

Thank You.

Update: waiting for ECU to be returned it is out for modification... found out the ECU is a 96 model and is unable to accept a custom chip without some type of mod.
R8CERX
Marv-any more updates?
I just found your thread and what a history--
I got a 914-6 similar to yours...well... minus the full steroids/hormones that your car is on.. looks awesome...

Live here near your work and home... would love to connect!
Marv's3.6six
Would love to meet up with you guys....but I want a running car first.

There has been work, but has been slow going. Have the ECU sorted and installed. Have turned over the engine with the tiny battery and I am impressed with the juice that little guy has, really cranks. Oil pressure comes up good while cranking (with zero leaks) a really good sign. Have not yet started the engine.

Purchased some additional Patrick 3.6 modified parts to make the intake system fit and look like a porsche factory installation.

Have invested in some serious seat belts Schroth Racing PROFI II 4 point with ASM technology. These are one of the only street legal DOT approved systems available.

The project has had a delay due to Don having to move his shop a few blocks, he lost his lease. I think the building was sold. He had to be out by June 1 so worked stopped some time ago and should resume in a few more weeks.

I am hoping to be complete by late summer.
rick 918-S
Very nice Marv!
Maltese Falcon
Nice metallic / Ceramic exhaust headers.
Did I say Nice color match to the silver car as well?
Excellent build Marv !
Marty
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 6 2013, 11:44 PM) *

Nice metallic / Ceramic exhaust headers.
Did I say Nice color match to the silver car as well?
Excellent build Marv !
Marty

Thanks Marty. I agree YOUR headers are beautiful in ceramic.

BTW did you ever develop that spot caliper we talked about (in August 2006)?
Maltese Falcon

Marv now I need to build three of these kits for the big reds.
Yours , SIXX. and a set for our 914-8 gtt. (see separate thread ).
Just need some prototype time !
Marty
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 10 2013, 09:00 PM) *

Marv now I need to build three of these kits for the big reds.
Yours , SIXX. and a set for our 914-8 gtt. (see separate thread ).
Just need some prototype time !
Marty

Just need protoype time? Not a problem... Let's see I took my car apart in 2005, car is not finished yet..... I can wait a little longer. wacko.gif
Marv's3.6six
Come on guys 10 more views and we are @ 50000. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
12 more and it's 5100.
bulitt
Extraordinary Car, and you win the award for patience and perseverance smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot Cannon
Marvs' car? Three words. Cee, gee, eye. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Socalandy
waiting popcorn[1].gif for more pictures drooley.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 31 2013, 09:36 PM) *

Couple of pics sent to me this week by Nik @ Precision Motion.

1) My GT finally back on a lift at the new PM shop.

2) ECU mounted in its proper (final) location and wiring loom being finished up.
Marv's3.6six
Here we go first startup documented. This baby sounds wicked, the big six sounds angry and also sounds like an early 911 S motor. A big milestone and 8 years in the making. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIBAqCObSiw
Cairo94507
Congratulations! Sounded nice and of course looks nice too.
Ferg
smilie_pokal.gif Awesome!
Very nice...congrats!
Rod
Nice work!!!! Can't wait to see this thing moving smile.gif
puffinator
Where did you get the exhaust system or did you have the exhaust system custom made? Sounds great and I am looking for an exhaust system for my -6
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(puffinator @ Aug 23 2013, 06:26 AM) *

Where did you get the exhaust system or did you have the exhaust system custom made? Sounds great and I am looking for an exhaust system for my -6

The exhaust system is an older system based on a Magnaflo type muffler. 2 in 2 out for early 911. I purchased it used about 10 years ago off the Bird Board, it is loud earplugs are necessary.
uncle smokey
Just read the whole thing again. Fantastic car and glad you got it done.
914Timo
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 1 2013, 06:36 AM) *

Yes, please !! More pics !! That is very nice and sounds good. Congratulations about the first start !! Love the wheels wub.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(uncle smokey @ Aug 23 2013, 10:48 AM) *

Just read the whole thing again. Fantastic car and glad you got it done.

Not quite done. Have a sizeable punch list to complete. First drive will (hopefully) be next Friday the 30th. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Marv's3.6six
5 days before G&R last week my car was being corner balanced, then on to an allignment, had a full detail.... It was time for the first test drive by Don.

Oh Schnit the car will only go into 2nd and 4th gears. Don tries all his tricks, no luck. Don involves Jim Patrick together they try all their tricks... no luck.

Schnit again another G&R without my car. I knew showing up at G&R without my car again I would incur the ribbing of Elliot about my imaginary car. Off I went without the car and my tail between my legs. Surprisingly Elliot was nice about it, I can only assume he was on his meds that day.

Friday before G&R Don removed my trans and was off to the river, with a side trip to Patrick Motorsport. Don had arranged with Jim Patrick to come to his shop this week and diagnose the problem on the spot. I received a text Friday from Don that the "problem solved."

Big Props to Don at PMP to go out of his way (about 200 miles and a full day) and to Jim Patrick for agreeing to meet Don and fixing the Vellios shifting issue on the spot.

Hopefully I will be driving soon. smile.gif
siverson
Nice! I'm getting closer on getting my car back together as well...
brp986s
Hey Marv, I bought your 3.2 back in ahem..mumble mumble...2006? I had my own setbacks, including a 2 year 915 Wevo conversion at a well known shop in Burbank! Just the box, nevermind the axles, linkage, and assorted other confusing nonsense that I had to figure out myself. Well, good to hear that your project has come to fruition and I hope to see it one day.
SLITS
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Nov 16 2013, 08:58 AM) *

Hopefully I will be driving soon. smile.gif

And I believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, magic, the small of a woman's back and long wet kisses.

DBCooper
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 16 2013, 11:47 AM) *

And I believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, magic, the small of a woman's back and long wet kisses.

Cool, I believe in those things too!

AZ914
Marv,
Most excellent! looking forward to your first drive report!
gothspeed
Marv, if I can ask, what is the paint brand and color code for the Carrera GT Silver you used? smile.gif
Marv's3.6six

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFMfGJYV_o
bulitt
....Dude!......... smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot Cannon
smilie_pokal.gif See! I told ya it would run some day. Fantastic Marv. Will we see it at the G&R finally? driving.gif first.gif
EdwardBlume
Congrats! Now drive over to Best Buy and get an new video camera! aktion035.gif
Ferg
driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 21 2013, 04:56 PM) *

Congrats! Now drive over to Best Buy and get an new video camera! aktion035.gif

agree.gif
Chris H.
smilie_pokal.gif Looks like it's moving pretty good Marv!
Marv's3.6six
Yes it moves. I have been waiting to see this since 2006. Kris from Precision shot the video from his phone I can only hope that he was so excited that he was shaking. I hope to go out and see the car and drive it for the first time, maybe today.
2mAn
Just went through the whole thread. Congrats!
Cairo94507
How exciting - I hope you take some good video and photos to share with all of us. bye1.gif
Marv's3.6six
First shakedown drive yesterday 12/28/2013. Initial thoughts OMG this is going to be fun. There some issues to work out with the brakes but the car feels remarkably balanced at low to moderate speeds, there has been zero suspension setup yet. The tranny needs some braking in as it shifts a little stiff. Also the close ratio gears and LS diff in the trans are new to me. It will take some getting used to. First drive in the car since about 2005. yay.
Marv's3.6six
Butt shot of the hot rod. It looks the business. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.