Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marv's 3.6 GT project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Marv's3.6six
1/7/06 fab custom -12AN lines from oil cooler to Tstat. You can see the rubber isolator mount for the oil cooler base plate on the right.
Marv's3.6six
1/07/06 Passenger side mono ball.
Marv's3.6six
1/7/06 Bilstein RSR drop spindle strut mounted to elephant racing decambered ball joint.
Marv's3.6six
1/7/06 Tom's thumb
Marv's3.6six
1/7/06 Carbon fiber air deflector test fit.

It does not look like much was done today but we got about 20 hours worth of labor done, lots of stuff not seen like the shift linkage, misc bracketry, clearencing on the tub for oil lines, etc. etc. a very good day!!!!!!!! Its moving along.
East coaster
Marv........Looks killer!

Are you running your oil lines through the tunnel?? I haven't decided where to run mine yet and I'm still thinking there has to be a cleaner way than most of what I've seen.
Marv's3.6six
No not thru the tunnel. Running along the outside GT style, but where most peeps go in the cab & around the pedals I did not want the lines inside. So I went up and inside the left front wheel well then thru the bulkhead panel where the radio antennae wire goes in, then down by the fuel cell, following the wiring harness.
Luke M
Keep up the good work Marv.
Keep us posted on the cooler install, as many of us are doing the same.
I also do not want to run the oil lines inside the cab.
MMMM more pics of the routing please?
Luke
hars914
I ran my lines the same way. It was way better than running them inside. It
also helps with the cooling.
Lou W
Sure is looking good, keep the pictures coming. insert: smiley face with camera smile.gif
Luke M
Hey, Marv
Question on your wire harness. Is it new or did you make one up.
My wire harness is shot and need a new one.
Luke
Markeydoo
Looks Good Marv. Is the fuel cell going where the old tank was or in the front?
Mark
Marv's3.6six
Question on your wire harness. Is it new or did you make one up.

Nope not new, cleaned up the old one & installed a braided sleeve.

Is the fuel cell going where the old tank was or in the front?

Yeppers, PMS fuel cell go's in the stock location. Although did have to give it a little love on the bottom with a baseball bat to clearence for the oil lines to pass by it. ohmy.gif
Marv's3.6six
1/11/06 Oil lines finished in front trunk, top view.
Marv's3.6six
01/11/06 Oil lines lower view, to Tstat.
Marv's3.6six
01/11/06 23mm Brake master cylinder install.
Eric Taylor
God this project is sexy, I love reading the thread and looking at the pictures. keep it coming man! That's top notch work.
Eric
Aaron Cox
marv,

any worries about the hot oil lines running next to your brake fluid resevoir?

AA
Marv's3.6six

No cuz I am using an aftermarket reservoir from Patrick Motorsports that mounts on the cross member wall. Also using a heat sleeve that will wrap the oil lines by the fuel cell & wire harness.

God this project is sexy, I love reading the thread and looking at the pictures. keep it coming man! That's top notch work.

Hey Thanx for the props Eric, I am happy to do so. This is such a great community and a wealth of information, Club members have helped me more than they'll ever know. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Marv's3.6six @ Jan 12 2006, 01:44 PM)

No cuz I am using an aftermarket reservoir from Patrick Motorsports that mounts on the cross member wall. Also using a heat sleeve that will wrap the oil lines by the fuel cell & wire harness.

where did you get this stuff? i need some heat shielding sleave to protect clutch and speedo cables from melting on the header.....
xitspd
ohmy.gif Marv,

Looking good! I am very happy with my PatrickMotorSports fuel cell. Do you know how much fuel it will hold? I have only put in about 10 gallons at a time.

Dan
Marv's3.6six
1/21/06 Battery mount
Marv's3.6six
1/21/06 Changed my mind and decided to mount the rese in the stock location. Fabricated a brake fluid resevoir mount to go in factory location
Marv's3.6six
1/21/06 Grinded out existing holes for oil lines to run under rocker panels.
Marv's3.6six
1/25/06 Brake fluid rese mounted, hood hinges mounted.
Marv's3.6six
1/25/06 rear wheel test fit. Gonna have them refinnished, have to decide, whether to make them black, or Iron glimmer (the darker gray you see on the suspension arm) or red? Hmmm huh.gif
jim912928
the rims...have them match the exterior paint scheme..that would look very stealthy!
Marv's3.6six
1/28/06 Front wheel test fit. The wheel looks pretty mean in black! hmmm, the car looks crazy in person, I'm getting excited. drooley.gif
Marv's3.6six
1/28/06 suspension installed, brake hard lines installed, the hard lines are a pia to bend correctly. huh.gif
Marv's3.6six
1/28/06 Brake bias valve installed.
fiid
I think this is the cleanest project I've ever seen. Wayyy nice. Good Job Marv! ohmy.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
brp914
seems like an odd place for the thermostat. the pump, ergo your engine, has to work pretty hard to shove cold oil all the way up to the front, only to find its not hot enough yet, and goin' all the way back. what if the safety valve in the case didn't work right? rank speculation on my part, but I'd wait til it was warmed up before driving it.

re: the wheel color: imho, red would divert attention from the beautiful body work, especially with a neutral color like silver.
J P Stein
QUOTE (brp914 @ Jan 29 2006, 12:03 PM)
seems like an odd place for the thermostat. the pump, ergo your engine, has to work pretty hard to shove cold oil all the way up to the front, only to find its not hot enough yet, and goin' all the way back. what if the safety valve in the case didn't work right? rank speculation on my part, but I'd wait til it was warmed up before driving it.

Careful, now, you're thinkin' too much. Conventional wisdom & indepentent thinking seldom coexist peacefully. laugh.gif

BTW, there is no saftey valve on the scavenge side of the engine. Nor is there in that thermostsat.
Trekkor
Here's mine. I've seen one mounted behind the front bumper, visible through the fog light grill.

I've never heard of any actual problems with this set up.
Only speculation and debate. rolleyes.gif

The oil goes into the tank from this circuit which already has 8 or more qts, depending on the tank you will use.

Starvation is a non-issue.

KT
grasshopper
wow!!! your car is looking great!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Marv's3.6six
1/29/06 Fabricating lower valence, ABS spoiler.
Marv's3.6six
1/29/06 Lower valence with spoiler, front view.
Marv's3.6six
1/29/06 Side view. biggrin.gif Turned out wicked looking!
nein14
Looks Great!!!!! close attention to detail! keep the pics coming smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
nice!
Is that a regular GT front valence? Or some kind of spoiler?
Where did you get it?
Marv's3.6six
Jeroen: Is that a regular GT front valence? Or some kind of spoiler?
Where did you get it?
Its custom fabricated all steel, and is visible in the very first pic of this thread, I had it modified for the GT flares.
nein14: Looks Great!!!!! close attention to detail! keep the pics coming
Thanx, its the details that make the whole. My goal is to make an updated GT car, virtually no frills no bling, kinda like in my mind like the factory would build it using updated technology.
brp914:seems like an odd place for the thermostat. the pump, ergo
Not really a problem, been done on many a 911 & 914 racers.
fiid: I think this is the cleanest project I've ever seen. Wayyy nice. Good Job Marv!
Thanx, I really like doing all the fabrication, my business has a fully equipped machine shop, so fab is a breeze.

Thanx guys for all the support! The club has saved my ass a few times on this project.
markb
Absolutely beautiful. smilie_pokal.gif
Van914
Marv,
Love the front valance and spoiler. Too bad someone can't take a mold and reproduce. I need one like that.
Van914
Racing916
Marv any thought of fabricating front valances and bumpers like that I would be interested if the $$$ was right.
Steve

The car looks great by the way, love the the silver!!!
Gint
Beauty! Hey, what are you putting along the bottom of that spoiler? Rubber? Source, etc...?
Lou W
That will be one gorgeous car smilie_pokal.gif
Marv's3.6six
1/30/06 Front baloney skin test fit, perfecto!!!! no spacers needed laugh.gif
Marv's3.6six
01/30/06 Rear tire test fit, 1/4 or 3/8 spacer needed!! biggrin.gif Car looks tuff with tires. Time to send the wheels off to Al Reed for a little love.
Eric_Shea
Where did you get the braided covering for the wire loom?
Marv's3.6six
Where did you get the braided covering for the wire loom?
My buddy Tom found it, its available here Cableorganizer.com
Beauty! Hey, what are you putting along the bottom of that spoiler? Rubber? Source, etc...?
Its ABS plastic spoiler lip made for Acura NSX made by Dali Racing
Marv any thought of fabricating front valances and bumpers like that I would be interested if the $$$ was right.
Thought about it, yes, but it would be too esspensive to reproduce, plus I like that I gots the only 1 wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.