Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TRANSMISSION REBUILD VIDEO pre order thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
bandjoey
Paypal on the way today. Thank
gothspeed
Hey I am not sure if I posted my interest in one of these DVDs. Are they done and available yet??
Dr Evil
They are in editing right now. We are hoping to have them done by weeks end (Hershey). The initial order will be for 250 of which 97 have been pre-sold smile.gif 3 more and I can claim 100.
jaminM3
Me too. I've been waiting for this...
rudedude
paypal sent just now so you're closer to 100

Jule
Dr Evil
I have officially hit 100 orders! Only 900 more to go until 1000 idea.gif wink.gif

Thanks all. Here is a shot of the case insert smile.gif Noel came up with the idea and Eric and Co. designed it.
Click to view attachment

I am not feeling like they will be done this weekend, but should be by the end of the month. Eric is doing the editing in addition to having a job, being a dad, husband, and so many other things.
MDG
oh the anticipation!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Are you doing the whole red carpet gala for the opening?
bandjoey
AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PHOTOSHOP SOME HAIR ON MR CLEAN'S ... chin... so we don't have to aks over and over, is this really Dr Evil? lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
MDG
Oh, that's the Doc alright. It's actually a still from scene in the video where he debates the best fluid for your tranny. new_shocked.gif
pcar916
Paypal sent... I feel smarter already piratenanner.gif !
jaminM3
Paypal Sent...

free bump!
Cupomeat
Ok, just to give a status on this.

Life conspired to get in the way and I missed my self imposed completion date of the Hershey Swap meet.

SO, I have edited almost all of the technical chapters, except the Shift fork adjustment (tonight, I hope) and then I work on the intro, lead out and caps.

Overall, it looks very good and damn, it is very informative, even the 4th or 5th time I see each section.

Have a great weekend.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 20 2010, 02:38 PM) *

AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PHOTOSHOP SOME HAIR ON MR CLEAN'S ... chin... so we don't have to aks over and over, is this really Dr Evil? lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Actually, I have created a digital map of his face, then wrote a HD pattern matching program based on the MP4 codec. I then created a 3d image of Gary Colman and replaced Dr. Evil's face with Gary Coleman in all chapters but the final. In the final scene, I used Tammy Faye Baker's face (in full crying mode).

No, not really, (but it sure would be cool!)

You will all be happy to know you see a lot of his hands and very little of his face!
RJMII
Oh, that's the Doc alright. It's actually a still from scene in the video where he debates the best fluid for your tranny.

I'm glad I wasn't there for the 'shooting' of *that* scene.

You will all be happy to know you see a lot of his hands and very little of his face!

agree.gif

I should toss up another teaser pic from my phone. Those camera angles that you were getting looked like they were really focused on the work.

The high def stills are going to be quite beneficial as well! Are they going to be in a format on the DVD to where we'll be able to look at them on a PC in full resolution? Or... what do you have planned there?
Cupomeat
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 23 2010, 03:18 PM) *

Oh, that's the Doc alright. It's actually a still from scene in the video where he debates the best fluid for your tranny.

agree.gif

I should toss up another teaser pic from my phone. Those camera angles that you were getting looked like they were really focused on the work.

The high def stills are going to be quite beneficial as well! Are they going to be in a format on the DVD to where we'll be able to look at them on a PC in full resolution? Or... what do you have planned there?

When they are contextual to the subject matter, I have them directly in the video. Ether with a pause, or when they show more than the current video.

The real question is how do I give them to the viewers to look at outside of the Video... I'll talk to Mike and see what he thinks as posting them to a web site might be the best way, and anyone who wants them can download them.
Dr Evil
That is cool with me smile.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 23 2010, 12:39 PM) *

agree.gif

When they are contextual to the subject matter, I have them directly in the video. Ether with a pause, or when they show more than the current video.

The real question is how do I give them to the viewers to look at outside of the Video... I'll talk to Mike and see what he thinks as posting them to a web site might be the best way, and anyone who wants them can download them.

Is there not room left on the DVD for a chapter of pictures? It would be real easy for anyone who wanted a pic printed for detail reasons to pop the DVD into a computer, rather than just a DVD player, and print one of the pictures at full resolution. Just an idea. idea.gif
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 26 2010, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 23 2010, 12:39 PM) *

agree.gif

Is there not room left on the DVD for a chapter of pictures? It would be real easy for anyone who wanted a pic printed for detail reasons to pop the DVD into a computer, rather than just a DVD player, and print one of the pictures at full resolution. Just an idea. idea.gif

agree.gif
codices
Just this moment sent PayPal. Thanks.

Dave Chamberlin
Cupomeat

Hmmm, stirthepot.gif

I really like this Idea but do not know how to do it. The software I use for finalization of a Video DVD does not allow for additional "Data".
I am looking into it now and will let you know what I find. If you know how to do this, please PM me and we'll talk.
charliew
I'm willing to wait but if it gets too costly to produce I can always go to a thread and copy the prints I want.
obscurity
Any thoughts on when this video might ship?

Just Curious
John
Dr Evil
Hoping for May 15 or thereabouts. smile.gif We are very close.
westo2
I'm in, sending paypal.
Gint
Sure would be cool to have them before the Denver tranny clinic... poke.gif hands.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 27 2010, 11:52 AM) *

Hmmm, stirthepot.gif

I really like this Idea but do not know how to do it. The software I use for finalization of a Video DVD does not allow for additional "Data".
I am looking into it now and will let you know what I find. If you know how to do this, please PM me and we'll talk.

Eric, sorry for the delayed response--just saw your post.
We use a variety of editing software at work and one of them this PowerProducer which sells between $50-$80--this one is made for the novice. Producer allows you to create a clickable menu that points to different chapters. One of the chapters can be pictures. I wasn't too sure what your thoughts were for the layout of the DVD and how it will play through? Anyway, if you get the basic Disc done and a disc of pictures I could try it out in Producer to see how well that would work. I sent a PM with my cell if you want to connect.
PowerProducer Link
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tac27
I would also like to purchase a copy; please post when the video is completed and ready for shipment.

Than you!

Tim
Las Vegas
gothspeed
I just bought a sideshift trans just for this DVD biggrin.gif!!!
bandjoey
The outtakes. The outtakes boss. drunk.gif Eagerly waiting my copy.
The problem to printable pictures is that when the Dvd is rendered and the disk is burned, the DVD is locked to adding jpegs or PDFs to the same disk. The data can be in a Chapter but They are rendered into a 'movie' the end user still faces a screen print of a paused video.

Experts can chime in on this but I think a 2nd Cd would be needed to open a great printable pic.
jimkelly
i want one to, too, also

** update

$35.00 sent via paypal to MakeMy914Go (at) Yahoo (dot) com

i am thinking for my v8...
2nd gear stk (1.889)
3rd use flipped 4th V gear (1.08) - ratio between stk 3rd (1.261) and stk 4th (.926)
4th use 5th zd gear(.710)
5th use H gear (.059) - as overdrive - got a good deal on an H on ebay $205.00

thanks jim
computers4kids
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 5 2010, 01:54 PM) *

The outtakes. The outtakes boss. drunk.gif Eagerly waiting my copy.
The problem to printable pictures is that when the Dvd is rendered and the disk is burned, the DVD is locked to adding jpegs or PDFs to the same disk. The data can be in a Chapter but They are rendered into a 'movie' the end user still faces a screen print of a paused video.

Experts can chime in on this but I think a 2nd Cd would be needed to open a great printable pic.

With PowerProducer this not the case, this program allows for data and video files to be on the same disk!
I just created a DVD with video and also a chapter of pictures. When the title menu opens you can choose to play the entire video or video chapters...or choose the chapter of pictures. The pictures do play as a slide show, but the pictures are also stored in their original format in a folder on the finialized DVD disk as you can see in the screenshots below.

When you're using PowerProducer, one of the options is to "backup the original photos on disk. So along with your two typical folders that DVD players understand as seen below, a 3rd folder is created called slideshow which has the original photos.

So you can watch the pics in a slide show or video in a computer or household DVD player, but if someone wanted to they could pop the DVD into a computer and right click the DVD icon in "MY Computer" and choose "explore" and they can then see the full resolution picutres in their natural form that can be viewed or printed.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
I think a 2nd CD will be the best solution. I may burn them myself to save on over head. I will talk with Eric about it.

He just sent me the rough cuts of the first 5 of 15 chapters. I will need to put a PG-13 disclaimer for language and some sexual references biggrin.gif It is actually better than I remember. It is great having someone with "the eye" shooting and editing it. It wil be a quality product, with out a doubt. smile.gif

As for a dead line, Eric is busting his ass to get it done in time to either send me them before I leave to WCR, or to ship me 50 copies there and 200 copies to my home smile.gif I think this is a fairly solid target. We are only waiting for the graphics designer to return from vacation to finish up the art work. That will be the last thing as Eric is currently wrapping up post production and sending me the chapters for final approval and editing.

Man, I hate the sound of my recorded voice. I was getting over a cold as well so I sniffle a little. Then there is the gurgles from Jim's tummy (I havent heard them on the video yet, but we busted out laughing a few times during taping when all of the sudden you would hear, "Grrrrrrrumphffffffffffooooooooooooooommmmm"
Tman914
Yo Dr. Evil count me in for one DVD sir
thanks just let me know where to send the money ( pay pal )
Dr Evil
Paypal is MakeMy914Go (at) Yahoo (dot) com.
Bartlett 914
Funds are on their way.
maf914
Mike,

Money has been sent via paypal for one video. Thanks.
Dr Evil
Hey Bobbie Brock!

You paypalled me a while ago, but I have no address for you and you have not answered your email. Please email or PM me so I can sort this out smile.gif
bag5rcg
Sounds like you could burn a "Bloopers" CD too

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2010, 10:01 PM) *

I think a 2nd CD will be the best solution. I may burn them myself to save on over head. I will talk with Eric about it.

He just sent me the rough cuts of the first 5 of 15 chapters. I will need to put a PG-13 disclaimer for language and some sexual references biggrin.gif It is actually better than I remember. It is great having someone with "the eye" shooting and editing it. It wil be a quality product, with out a doubt. smile.gif

As for a dead line, Eric is busting his ass to get it done in time to either send me them before I leave to WCR, or to ship me 50 copies there and 200 copies to my home smile.gif I think this is a fairly solid target. We are only waiting for the graphics designer to return from vacation to finish up the art work. That will be the last thing as Eric is currently wrapping up post production and sending me the chapters for final approval and editing.

Man, I hate the sound of my recorded voice. I was getting over a cold as well so I sniffle a little. Then there is the gurgles from Jim's tummy (I havent heard them on the video yet, but we busted out laughing a few times during taping when all of the sudden you would hear, "Grrrrrrrumphffffffffffooooooooooooooommmmm"

Dr Evil
Na, not much footage for bloopers. I am going to post links for the notes rather than a second disk. I dont want to succumb to feature creep wink.gif
ericread
Is there an anticipated ship date now?

np - I'm just looking forward to seeing the video.

Eric
BigDBass
Paypal sent for tranny pr0n!
Bill Smith
Please put me on the list for one

Bill
jk76.914
Add me in for one. PayPal sent.

Jim Kelly
Steve
What's the new date when these will be shipped out? Just curious since your post says April. I am looking forward to the family harrasing me for making them watch this DVD on the big screen!! chair.gif
Dr Evil
They are anticipated to be done this weekend. I am in Tahoe so I am not talking with Eric. Pretty much a production thing at this point and then I ship when the case arrives smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 7 2010, 09:05 AM) *

Hey Bobbie Brock!

You paypalled me a while ago, but I have no address for you and you have not answered your email. Please email or PM me so I can sort this out smile.gif

Hey Mike, This post made me realize that you might not have my info either! I pay pal'd you March 9. (early on) but w/o details. PM me when you need shipping info. Thx, Kent
detoxcowboy
I will take one when the finshed product is ready to ship...
Steve
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 15 2010, 12:10 AM) *

They are anticipated to be done this weekend. I am in Tahoe so I am not talking with Eric. Pretty much a production thing at this point and then I ship when the case arrives smile.gif

No hurry for me! Have a great time at the WCC, wish I was there partying with you!!
keske968
Will this DVD talk about changing the gear ratios as well or is it just a standard rebuild?
Mike Knox

icon_bump.gif

Hey Mike

I just sent you my $$$ via Paypal. THANKS for this effort. I'm sorry that I couldn't make WCR and meet you face to face.

One of these days my car will no longer be a project, but will be a driver!!

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.