Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TRANSMISSION REBUILD VIDEO pre order thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Dr Evil
Gear swaps are addressed smile.gif thumb3d.gif
Dr Evil
For those of you who did not see it, here is the link to the thread where I posted a PDF of the supplemental notes. All 31 pages wink.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1319278
Dr Evil
The latest on an ETA for the videos:

"By Friday I'll have the DVD mastered and to the repro person,
so end of next week you should have a package at your door."
Eddie914
I am in.

Paypal will go out today.

Thanks,

Eddie
Nie Zu Alt
Mike,

Nice to meet you at the Denver transmission rebuild clinic. I'll PM you with the details of where to ship the video.

Thanks,

Doug
Dr Evil
THIS IS AWESOME! Eric is just finishing up the final touches that make it entertaining and not just educational. I saw the intro last night and am very happy. Still on schedule for completion this week smile.gif I will start addressing the boxes shortly!
montoya 73 2.0
Put my shirt in there too! poke.gif
Dr Evil
Shirts are on the bottom of my to do list dry.gif
pilothyer
Doctor.....Pay Pal sent for the Trans Rebuild Video......Thanks...Jerry
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 25 2010, 04:55 PM) *

Shirts are on the bottom of my to do list dry.gif

I figured but I had to try. Oh, the wife says hi and to show you this;

Click to view attachment
kenikh
I'm in for one. Will pay on demand! aktion035.gif

EDIT - Never mind; found the Paypal info in post 1. Money has been sent!
Dr Evil
Howdy Folks! I have great news, the editing is done and will be going to the reproduction guy this week for a hopeful ship date of this weekend! I have already addressed the boxes that I will use to ship these so I just need the DVDs smile.gif

Thank you for your patience. I believe that you will be rewarded with an entertaining and informative product that is of high quality and value. Eric would not produce less. There were some snags that occurred that cost us much time as Eric had been doing this in addition to having a real life with his wife, kids, and job, but all is well smile.gif
KELTY360
Hell yes! This will be a collector's item. Probably become the centerpiece of my DVD collection - well, along with Debbie Does the Doctor sheeplove.gif

Paypal sent.
kenikh
Sweet. I cannot wait!
Dr Evil
OK, here is the latest. Eric called and let me know that the DVD is so big it is going to need to be put on two disks! This put a little kink in production costs, but I was not really in this to make much. Just trying to pay for car parts wink.gif The video is done done and will be submitted for reproduction tomorrow. It should take 2-3 days and then they will be on my door step where I can ship them out to you wonderfully patient people smile.gif
rick 918-S
Cool!
76-914
I can't speak for others here but I would like to pay my portion of any cost over run that you experience because of the required extra disk or shipping cost. I appreciate the hell out of what you have done and I'm sure the DVD's will pay for themselves, one day soon.
tradisrad
is it too late to get in on the DVD pre-order? I can pay pal today
Dr Evil
That is a kind offer, but I have enough in revenue to cover it wink.gif There are still a few copies left in the first round that have not been spoken for.
Cupomeat
Thanks Mike for keeping people statused, and truly, this has been quite a ride trying to get this video out. sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif wacko.gif

I spoke to the repro people and gave them the two disks and artwork today.
They were supposed to return with the new choices for 2 disk packaging today, but I'll bug him tomorrow morning if he hasn't sent me anything by 9AM.

Thank you all for your patience and I surely hope you are pleased with the product. This was much larger than I ever imagined it would be and I am not sure if I was crazy to agree to do such a thing given my jam packed life.

Good night
76-914
Thank you too, Eric. And anyone else involved in this effort. We appreciate it. But alas, it will be the Dr. who shall be immortalized. Future teeners will write songs about him. Seriously, thanks again. I was bummed about missing your workshop, but now I am complete.
jonferns
Can't wait to see the finished product Eric smile.gif
peteyd
Hey, Could I take a copy of one also. How do you want payment?
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Jun 16 2010, 02:31 PM) *

There is a great shot of your car driving off for the ending.

It sounds and looks great!

Thanks again!
jonferns
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jun 17 2010, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Jun 16 2010, 02:31 PM) *

There is a great shot of your car driving off for the ending.

It sounds and looks great!

Thanks again!

Awesome smilie_pokal.gif

Looking forward to getting my copy
stepuptotheMike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg
Cupomeat
OK, PROGRESS, PROGRESS, PROGRESS!

I just got back from the production house and OK'd the art proof and checked the DVDs.

Reproduction will start tonight and the package will be shipped tomorrow to Dr. Evil.

What a ride this has been.

I hope you really enjoy these! They look great!
Cupomeat
Here is a little teaser as I have the first copy from the repro guy (The Proof).

Click to view attachment

Here is the FRONT COVER

Click to view attachment

and the inside (with 2 DVDs)

Enjoy!

(sorry, the only camera I had with me was my GoPRO motorsports, so you get lots of wide angle fun here!)
BigDBass
I can't wait to have all this transmission info go right over my head when I watch it. popcorn[1].gif
Gint
These going to ship before I move this weekend? monkeydance.gif I don't want to find out the hard way that the post office won't forward a DVD. Or do you want my new addy Evil?
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 22 2010, 07:02 PM) *

These going to ship before I move this weekend? monkeydance.gif I don't want to find out the hard way that the post office won't forward a DVD. Or do you want my new addy Evil?

Dr. Evil is in the middle of moving and doesn't have internet set up (as of today), so PM me your address and I'll mention it to him for an address change for your packaging.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 22 2010, 05:40 PM) *

I can't wait to have all this transmission info go right over my head when I watch it. popcorn[1].gif

I think you watch the video in sequence, everything will be clear and logical. Now, if you are not used to the internals and start jumping the chapters, all bets are off (even if you watch the chapter wrap up)
Gint
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jun 22 2010, 07:20 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 22 2010, 07:02 PM) *
Dr. Evil is in the middle of moving and doesn't have internet set up (as of today), so PM me your address and I'll mention it to him for an address change for your packaging.

Will do. Thanks. I forgot Mike was moving thins week. I'll be in the same boat next weekend/Monday.
Cupomeat
I was just informed that the shipment of DVDs has been sent to Dr. Evil.

May they fly like the wind...
montoya 73 2.0
Well Hell, Now I have to buy a trans to rebuild it! Doc, who do we go to now to buy parts or can we still come to you for now?
Dr Evil
Hey Guys, Noel and I just finished the shittiest move of our lives, but we are here and things are awesome smile.gif

For good, inexpensive, used parts I recommend going to GPR. Call Jonathan and let him know what you want. I have been setting him up a little bit to handle this side of things to keep you all happy smile.gif

Gint, I will send to your new address.
montoya 73 2.0
Good to hear you made it over. Hope all is well!
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 24 2010, 04:47 PM) *

Hey Guys, Noel and I just finished the shittiest move of our lives, but we are here and things are awesome smile.gif

For good, inexpensive, used parts I recommend going to GPR. Call Jonathan and let him know what you want. I have been setting him up a little bit to handle this side of things to keep you all happy smile.gif

Gint, I will send to your new address.

Don't movin just suck beer3.gif
charliew
I know it's a little early today but if I haven't recieved a package by the 1st should I start to go back and see if I actually paid or forgot? I'm in no rush but maybe I forgot to pay. I usually pay as soon as I decide to buy something so I don't forget though.
jmill
A lot of us are chomping at the bit for this bad boy. Dr, can you post a list of those who paid and will receive a copy? I'm most likely not alone hoping my name is on it.
Dr Evil
I will not post a list, but I will let you all know when the orders have shipped. They were shipped to me this past Fri for a Mon delivery date. If you paypaled me or sent a check, then you should be on the list. If after I send them out you still have not gotten one, then I can check my list. I have it organized so that all I need is your name. I will be busy, but Noel will be home and has offered to stuff the boxes and ship them. They WILL be out this coming week.
Cupomeat
I received the 6 copies (for the participants) from the repro guy on Saturday and they work and look great!

I have been promised that Mike will receive his big shipment today.

I hope you enjoy them as I took great pains to make this into something worthwhile. beerchug.gif

Dr Evil
The boxes JUST showed up! Packing tonight, shipping tomorrow smilie_pokal.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2010, 11:33 AM) *

YAY cheer.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2010, 11:33 AM) *

WHEEEEEEW!

You like?
Dr Evil
Oh ya happy11.gif
rick 918-S
Schoooool!
stepuptotheMike
Dibs on that one....right there... biggrin.gif

Mike

Click to view attachment
jsayre914
av-943.gif

that was funny
Dr Evil
I just packed the first 50 or so. My hands are barking! smile.gif

Plenty are still available!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.