Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TRANSMISSION REBUILD VIDEO pre order thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
montoya 73 2.0
smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
Dang it! I just ran out of boxes dry.gif I am going to have to order more before I can ship out the last 2 dozen or so. That is OK because I am shipping based on who payed first wink.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2010, 05:10 PM) *

Oh ya happy11.gif

Now, that is a sweet load of evil!

Jen did a great job on the artwork! pray.gif

I owe her big time.

Dr Evil
Just ordered a bunch of boxes that should be here in 7-10 working days smile.gif dry.gif They are usually faster, but I start rounding on the medicine service on Thurs and dont know when I will be free. I will handle it, dont y'all worry smile.gif

Oh ya, we ran out of tape, too dry.gif I know we have more.....in a box some where rolleyes.gif
Cupomeat
Ok, here is a little humor for you all while you wait for the meat and potatoes that is the Transmission Rebuild DVD video.

Cup O'Meat productions recently entered into the NYC 48hr film project and here is the outcome, a parody for the "foreign film" category (which was our assignment for the contest)!

http://www.youtube.com/user/cupomeat#p/u/0/-u5yWfp7j38

In the end, 54 films were submitted in the contest (all completely done in 48 hrs) and we won audience award for our screening, Best acting ensemble, Best supporting actress (Alison Plotkin), Best cinematography and Runner-up Best in NYC for the 48 Hr Film Project.

Enjoy while waiting for the evilness!
Katmanken
Hey Evil one,

Have any extra to sell? I'm working again and the bank account passed the negative zone and is back into the positve zone.

Ken
Dr Evil
Well, today was fun dry.gif The boxes I used to pack up all the videos were priority boxes only, even though they were touted as CD/DVD boxes, they could not be shipped via media mail (much larger bill for me). Sooooo, the bad news is that I had to buy some padded envelopes ($150), had to remove all of the labels off of the old boxes, and had to remove the DVDs from the boxes to repack them. The great news is that I can now ship all of the orders this week (tomorrow or Sat).

Ken, I still have plenty left to ship and will ship all ordered this week, this week.
charliew
I don't mind a readjustment on price. I'm sure most people realize this is a learning experience. These will probably be a good addition to any 914 nut's library. This will fit right beside Ed's and George's book at my house.

Another good printing could be the anatomy of the 914 tub with pictures of a cut apart tub in all the little cavities and showing all the neat waterproofing foam. I know we've got exploded views from the suppliers but the finished product viewed before we start in a area would be neat I think. It would be a quicker reference that going back through all the good rebuild threads.

Edit: I'll just send you a pp tip.
jonferns
Just got my dvd in the mail today (from Eric), just wanted to say that you guys did an awesome job with it!! smilie_pokal.gif

Definitely informative for those of us who don't know what the insides of our transmissions consist of. Thanks Eric for including my car in the making of this film. bye1.gif
Cupomeat
Thank you Jon for letting me use your car!

I hope the copy of the DVD serves you well and is a small repayment of your contribution and time.

I am glad you like it.
Dr Evil
After working my 5am-7pm day today, I managed to got more than half of them re-packed. Looking good to ship ALL of them on Sat! smilie_pokal.gif
infraredcalvin
Been watching this thread, just sent my $35. Awesome job for doing this, I'm looking forward to it!

Pat
BigDBass
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 1 2010, 09:09 PM) *
After working my 5am-7pm day today

Congrats on surviving your first day! I hope it was boring!
Dr Evil
Not boring at all. We were actually swamped more than normal. That is why I was there so late. Many admissions and a full service smile.gif I am hear to work so they are not wasting my time wink.gif
Dr Evil
All packed and ready to ship! smile.gif
carr914
Mike, any left? I don't know why I never clicked on the thread.

Anyway, since I have 2 Dr Evil built boxes, Safety Wire CV bolts, a EvilWerks shirt on the way, I probably need this.

T.C.
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 3 2010, 12:46 AM) *

All packed and ready to ship! smile.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
I have some left.

Do you ever feel like the world is conspiring against you? I was up at 0430 yesterday for work, got home and finished re-packing (first sign) the DVDs by 2430 so that I could finally get them out. The PO here closes at 4pm (better than the 1230 time my old one used to close at. This meant I could catch up on some much needed sleep....or so I thought. I got the boxes loaded into the car (again) for the trip to the PO (again) and when I arrived learned that the PO is closed at noon today for holiday hours! headbang.gif I can't seem to get these damn things OUT! So, if they are open on Mon, I have a half day and will see about shipping them then. dry.gif

Anyone who wants one in this shipment needs to pay by noon Sun. Anyone who paid up til now is already covered smile.gif
bandjoey
OT: hijacked.gif Is doctoring anything like the show Scrubs? And what doctor on the show do you identify with? popcorn[1].gif

Can't wait until the DVD hits the mail box. You go down as one of the all time 914 Masterminds. Thanks
Dr Evil
Scrubs is a pretty close satire of what it is like. I would be the JD character.
Bills914-4
Hey Mike I hope its not to late to order one
I just sent PayPal

Thanks Bill D.
Dr Evil
Not too late. I will package yours up right now.
BigDBass
I think the Post Office is closed Monday, as it's the federal holiday observing Independence Day since the 4th is on a Sunday. So don't waste your valuable half day time and frustrate yourself visiting the closed office!
Dr Evil
headbang.gif

IF I can get out of the hospital by 1700-1800 I can ship during the week as the PO is open until 1900.
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 2 2010, 02:10 PM) *

I am hear to work wink.gif

Mmmm idea.gif Is good thing you not major in engrish doctah Jones. You gramma is atroshus poke.gif poke.gif
Dr Evil
Yuck Fou, Mr. Scot-t tongue.gif
Dr Evil
I have clinic hours on Tues afternoon so I should be able to get the DVDs to the PO since I am due to be off at 5pm. Here is to hoping!
Dr Evil
Alrighty, all orders in by 8pm tonight will be in the first shipment tomorrow smile.gif
kharma
Payment sent beerchug.gif

-Jim
Dr Evil
Got it, packed it, addressed it, its in the to-go pile smile.gif
th_curran
I hope I'm on this list. biggrin.gif

Tom Curran
Dr Evil
Tom, yours is special as it is coming with those gears and a check wink.gif BTW, I can sell your X gear if you are interested. I'll contact you.
bernbomb914
i'm in doe's it cover the ring and pinion?
Jeffs9146
So your shipping new orders now???

When will the last of the old orders go out?
Dr Evil
THEY SHIPPED! I can not believe that I actually got them shipped! The lady at the PO was so nice. It took her almost 1 hour to process them all and the receipt is about 15ft long blink.gif Everyone who got their orders in before 8pm EST yesterday had theirs shipped smile.gif First class mail.

Two of you got your orders in too late to ship today so they will have to wait until later this week or next week when I or my wife have time to ship them.

Bernie, I specifically DO NOT cover R/P adjustments and such as hardly anyone has the tools and it would have made an already jam-packed DVD even longer (like a third disk). If you want me to refund your paypal, let me know and I will. No hard feelings.

I am so happy to have shipped these biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
Rleog
Congratulations. This will eventually prove to be much more difficult to have accomplished than your first professional journal publication.

Thanks, Doc!
Rick L
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Cupomeat
Congratulations, Mike, for getting this phase done!

Now, what is next, LOL!!!

av-943.gif
jmill
It showed up in the mail today. aktion035.gif

I'm going to watch this as soon as my sons softball game is over. The packaging had me rolling. lol-2.gif

Thanks for all the work it took to make this happen. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
They have made it to WI smile.gif
Justinp71
Can I put my name down to order one? I'd like to get one if its not too late...
Dr Evil
You can. Send $35 paypal to makemy914go (at) yahoo (dot) com
carr914
PayPal sent, better late than never. Is this come autographed like Steve does with issues of Excellence?

T.C.
jcambo7
On March 13th I sent you a payment for the video. I dont remember if I sent you my address but I will pm it to you!
stepuptotheMike
Got mine and just finished watching it.

Going to have to tally all of the choice phrases in there... biggrin.gif

Very informative and I feel like I can go out and rebuild my box now.... that is once aquire some of the necessary tools.

Fun to watch.... the sound kind of blipped up and down on me a little bit but it might have been my computer.

Mike
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 8 2010, 06:14 PM) *

They have made it to WI smile.gif

...and the farthest reaches of PA, here in the dusty streets of Swamplands, PA...
A little disappointed that Disk 2 had come loose from its spindle and was rattling around in the box but unlike some big-name DVD's for which I've paid way more, no damage is evident.

Thanks !
jsayre914
i got mine too piratenanner.gif

thanks mike.
Richard Casto
Mine came in today. I watched the first disk during dinner (wife and kids out of town, otherwise my idea of "entertainment" wouldn't fly). Will watch the second in a bit. And yes, its hard to not laugh out loud at some of the things Mike says. My favorite so far is the comment about the first time you make love to a woman. biggrin.gif
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jul 8 2010, 09:09 PM) *

Mine came in today. I watched the first disk during dinner (wife and kids out of town, otherwise my idea of "entertainment" wouldn't fly). Will watch the second in a bit. And yes, its hard to not laugh out loud at some of the things Mike says. My favorite so far is the comment about the first time you make love to a woman. biggrin.gif

there are some good ones in the reassembly section to.... I won't ruin it for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.