Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW, Tacoma, WA transmission rebuild clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PeeGreen 914
Hey Mike, are you going to be at the AX practice?
DNHunt
Mike

Let me know if I can help with anything since I'm kind of close.

Dave
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 5 2011, 10:47 AM) *

... we have two factory six`s to play with that weekend....and if mark got hes going it would be three...fat chance of that rolleyes.gif

Do we really need to go there? confused24.gif

Good news though, I'm hooking up with Jeff (Sixnotfour) this week to get the last parts of my motor, final suspension pieces are on order but back ordered until end of the month. The excuses are going away quickly. Until then I'll be running with you in GTU in the 4-cyl because I think the -6 will be running this year.

One outstanding wish is to build a box for the -6 instead of running the stock -4 box that's in it now. The doctor's clinic is timely.
Root_Werks
Doc,

Saturday was the first time I've touched my 914 in 9 weeks. It's been in winter storage. I still want you to go through the tranny and this clinic would probably be my best opportunity to pull it and let you have at it. Time hasn't been a friend of mine lately though.

Question:

If I show up and drink beer, generally stay out of the way, does it cost the standard fee? (totally willing to pay whatever, not trying to be cheap here). I'm not really interested in learning how to rebuild a tranny. Just want to hand over the mulah and have it done. I'd F' it up.

If I can actually pull my tranny out, but too lazy and stupid to go through it at the clinic, would you be willing to go through it? Of course paying the going rate.

I need to see if I can get my 914 back home and up on jackstands.

Thanks for putting all this together. What a unique event!
Dr Evil
Dan, if I build it there is a fee, and I will do that for you there. No worries. PM and we will sort it out. Maybe I will have my wife build it since she will be there poke.gif If you are short on time, I would understand me doing it. Otherwise, it doesnt make sense as I have taught some pretty dense people how (its ok, they dont know that I am talking about them biggrin.gif ).

I guess since Griots is so close I would like to see it as well, but it would be a short trip.

Jon, when is AX practice? Depends. The weekend is dedicated to teaching/learning with some drinking and eating smile.gif

Dave, you are always welcome. Not sure if I need anything. I'll let you know.
6freak
[quote name='plays with cars' date='Feb 6 2011, 05:08 PM' post='1427858']
[quote name='6freak' post='1427380' date='Feb 5 2011, 10:47 AM']
... we have two factory six`s to play with that weekend....and if mark got hes going it would be three...fat chance of that rolleyes.gif
[/quote]

and a Z-06 that i almost forgot about stirthepot.gif just for fun.....I should be there Jon and thanks Dave
Dr Evil
Anyone want to swap air miles for tuition? I need to get my tickets and you can barter idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Feb 6 2011, 05:08 PM) *

Good news though, I'm hooking up with Jeff (Sixnotfour) this week to get the last parts of my motor, final suspension pieces are on order but back ordered until end of the month. The excuses are going away quickly. Until then I'll be running with you in GTU in the 4-cyl because I think the -6 will be running this year.

One outstanding wish is to build a box for the -6 instead of running the stock -4 box that's in it now. The doctor's clinic is timely.

Nice smile.gif I may ask if I can codrive with you a few events if you don't mind. My brother in law should have his car up and running and it too will be in GTU. I know he wants me to codrive with him but until his car is running I am GTU 914less.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 7 2011, 08:52 AM) *

Dan, if I build it there is a fee, and I will do that for you there. No worries. PM and we will sort it out. Maybe I will have my wife build it since she will be there poke.gif If you are short on time, I would understand me doing it. Otherwise, it doesnt make sense as I have taught some pretty dense people how (its ok, they dont know that I am talking about them biggrin.gif ).

I guess since Griots is so close I would like to see it as well, but it would be a short trip.

Jon, when is AX practice? Depends. The weekend is dedicated to teaching/learning with some drinking and eating smile.gif

Dave, you are always welcome. Not sure if I need anything. I'll let you know.

Sorry Dr. I was asking Crandall if he was going to be there. There is no PCA AX conflicting with this event and that's why I know I will be at the clinic smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 7 2011, 10:45 AM) *

Nice smile.gif I may ask if I can codrive with you a few events if you don't mind. My brother in law should have his car up and running and it too will be in GTU. I know he wants me to codrive with him but until his car is running I am GTU 914less.

whats up with pissgreen914.I thought that was your car?is it not working
KELTY360
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 7 2011, 09:57 AM) *

Anyone want to swap air miles for tuition? I need to get my tickets and you can barter idea.gif

PM sent
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 8 2011, 08:57 AM) *

Um, it's pee green thanks poke.gif . happy11.gif

It runs but not where I would want to AX it yet. Plus I would want a 914 that is at least close to an actual GTU car if I am going to be in the class. Pee Green is going to be mostly stock.......for now
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 8 2011, 10:29 AM) *

Umm....what's the difference? poke.gif stirthepot.gif laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
Pee Green sounds funny while Piss Green sounds gross. Pee Green is a play on words while piss green is not poke.gif chair.gif
6freak
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 8 2011, 11:05 AM) *

Umm....what's the difference? poke.gif stirthepot.gif laugh.gif

LMAO lol-2.gif
6freak

It runs but not where I would want to AX it yet. Plus I would want a 914 that is at least close to an actual GTU car if I am going to be in the class. Pee Green is going to be mostly stock.......for now

So your say`n mines close to a GTU car ,,,maybe you should ask someone with a real GTU car ..... slap.gif ...if im there yes you can drive my almost GTU car
PeeGreen 914
Well, it's a whole lot closer than what I have;)

Sweet, I will have to take you up on that. piratenanner.gif
6freak
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 8 2011, 01:21 PM) *

this is only practice ..so just keep that in mind when you go from 1st to 2nds...I think the car is too stiff in the back (push`s) it will be good to get another like minded person behind the wheel
PeeGreen 914
You know me happy11.gif I'll be nice to your transmission. We need to beat to Kornackis wink.gif
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 8 2011, 01:21 PM) *

Quit your whining and get there and play. piratenanner.gif I'm going to put a 19mm sway bar back on the front of the red car and run GTU until I get the -6 going (if I get the -6 going). John, get a bar for yours and let's go scare the fully prep'd GTU cars like Crandal's. poke.gif

See you guys out there Saturday? I need to finish adjusting valves and get the car off of the jack stands to see if adjusting the shifter got me 2nd and 4th gear back. After the last event I had to use the odd number gears to get home. Still not sure exactly what went wrong.
Dr Evil
So, the CA posse has started getting the funds in.....how about you dead beats? tongue.gif

Back to your thread hijacking biggrin.gif
PlaysWithCars
Sorry Doc. I tried to be respectful and wrap it up w/ some transmission content. dry.gif

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Feb 8 2011, 10:47 PM) *

... to see if adjusting the shifter got me 2nd and 4th gear back. After the last event I had to use the odd number gears to get home. Still not sure exactly what went wrong.

Dr Evil
I'm just messing with you guys. I dont care biggrin.gif poke.gif Your banter keeps the thread bumped wink.gif
6freak
How much interest do people have in going to Griot`s that weekend ...I want to let them know what to expect smile.gif
Dr Evil
Depends, I plan on getting drunk the night before and you will likely be hung over happy11.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 11 2011, 10:27 AM) *

Depends, I plan on getting drunk the night before and you will likely be hung over happy11.gif

Only if we drink the cheap stuff,, beer3.gif + chowtime.gif+ smash.gif = a good time
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif

Is anyone's check in the mail???
r3dplanet
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 13 2011, 08:22 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Is anyone's check in the mail???

Mine is. Sent yesterday.

Hey, do we have a solid location? If so, can someone PM the address and details?

Thanks,
marcus
Daiberl
I will send the check this week, I'm also looking for a transmission to rebuild since I don't want to rebuild the one I have in the car at the moment, I hope to get the car up and running in the next weeks so I don't want to drop the tranny in April (no time, a lot of travel). Who has a tranny which need a rebuild and is willing to sell?
PeeGreen 914
I am sure we can find a few if you need. Triad has a few boxes sitting there and I know of a wall o 901s where I may be able to get one if nobody has one to sell you. beerchug.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 13 2011, 09:07 PM) *

I am sure we can find a few if you need. Triad has a few boxes sitting there and I know of a wall o 901s where I may be able to get one if nobody has one to sell you. beerchug.gif

Perfect! Once I get my car on the road I plan to drive it during the summer (WCR smile.gif ) and then get the tranmission and engine out again during the winter months and do some work which I didn't do this time. Let me know if you found one, no hurry at the moment but before May.
914werke
Juergen I have a few !!
PM me.
rohar
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 13 2011, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 13 2011, 09:07 PM) *

Perfect! Once I get my car on the road I plan to drive it during the summer (WCR smile.gif ) and then get the tranmission and engine out again during the winter months and do some work which I didn't do this time. Let me know if you found one, no hurry at the moment but before May.

I'll be bringing a spare tailshifter for sure. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 13 2011, 09:02 PM) *

I will send the check this week, I'm also looking for a transmission to rebuild since I don't want to rebuild the one I have in the car at the moment, I hope to get the car up and running in the next weeks so I don't want to drop the tranny in April (no time, a lot of travel). Who has a tranny which need a rebuild and is willing to sell?

I gotta call bullshit on this... Tabor pulled his transmission in the morning of day one of the Sonoma clinic, rebuilt it and put it back in and drove home on day two... Man-up and do the same for gosh sakes! Tabor's been known to wear skirts now and then!!! blink.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 13 2011, 10:53 PM) *

I gotta call bullshit on this... Tabor pulled his transmission in the morning of day one of the Sonoma clinic, rebuilt it and put it back in and drove home on day two... Man-up and do the same for gosh sakes! Tabors been known to wear skirts now and then!!! blink.gif

Oh Please Rob.... You can always use a spare tranny happy11.gif blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 13 2011, 10:55 PM) *

I gotta call bullshit on this... Tabor pulled his transmission in the morning of day one of the Sonoma clinic, rebuilt it and put it back in and drove home on day two... Man-up and do the same for gosh sakes! Tabors been known to wear skirts now and then!!! blink.gif

Jon on his day off... lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
You promised you wouldn't post that WTF.gif happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, but in Sonoma, we were at an actual shop where I could do that. This is not a common phenomenon at these clinics (too time consuming). Jim had to sleep at the shop the first night.
montoya 73 2.0
My check was going to be in the mail (glad I didn't) but I had forgotten about Valentines day (today) and had to come up with something on Saturday. I landed up spending 500 bucks on the wife (Samsung Galaxy Tab) instead of sending it to you! Sorry Doc, Will get it in the mail ASAP!
Dr Evil
Thats cool, I aint a putting out smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 13 2011, 10:57 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 13 2011, 10:55 PM) *

Jon on his day off... lol-2.gif

Taking Casual Friday to a whole new level. icon8.gif
Silver72
Count me in. I have three boxes...one in the 72 and two in strorage. I just want to get one rebuilt and installed in the 72 and will donate (the otheer two) what is left over to the cause. Let me know what to bring in the cold frosty beverage side...and quantity.

PM you Dr. Evil to get the check in the mail.

Mark beer.gif
helios
DAMN IT!!!! mad.gif

I still need to rebuild mine, this would've been the perfect opportunity. Got the money.....but now I won't have the time as I'll be working a lot of OT (7 days a week most likely) during that time.

Had a blast at the last one. Would've liked to meet up with Montoya & Jamie again. Oh well, maybe next time.

And I think I'm going to miss WCR because of work too. sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
If you want a rebuilt box I am sure one of us can do it for you.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Silver72 @ Feb 14 2011, 05:56 PM) *

Count me in. I have three boxes...one in the 72 and two in strorage. I just want to get one rebuilt and installed in the 72 and will donate (the otheer two) what is left over to the cause. Let me know what to bring in the cold frosty beverage side...and quantity.

PM you Dr. Evil to get the check in the mail.

Mark beer.gif

PM returned. You should hang onto the spare boxes until you prove that yo uhave enough parts wink.gif You will be $$ ahead.
Dr Evil
First post updated to show first paid attendee smile.gif
helios
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 14 2011, 05:44 PM) *

If you want a rebuilt box I am sure one of us can do it for you.

I was at the last one, and helped assemble a couple of them. I also bought the "good" dr's video, so I should be in good hands there. The event was so much fun.....I'm just pissed that I'm going to have to miss it.
rhodyguy
TACOMA!!!! WOO WOO!!!!
championgt1
bye1.gif Kevin
Dr Evil
So, ah, so far I have ONE person paid.....are you guys interested?
One person bartered with air miles.
6freak is free because he is hosting
Mr. 242 is bartered with luxury lodging for the week.

Daddy needs some scratch! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.