Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW, Tacoma, WA transmission rebuild clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
montoya 73 2.0
it's in the mail, Really!
PeeGreen 914
If you need more people to pay I will sign up after the closing of a sale I have pending, March 30th.

That said, I was just planning on coming down to BS since I have a two transmissions in good shape smile.gif

Just let me know Doc beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Na, I just need the deadbeats that said they were paying to pay whip[1].gif poke.gif

With Drew, that makes 2 cash customers so far rolleyes.gif I am coming out either way, it is a vacation for me.
Daiberl
Check is ready, I just have to send it sad.gif I will drop it into the mail this week, promised!
Dr Evil
AS for my attitude, I am joking. Its better than just bumping the thread biggrin.gif

I love you guys and am honored to be hosted and have an audience thumb3d.gif
Dr Evil
Now is the time to make a suggestion that will save you some head ache later.

Pull your stacks so that we can at least inspect the pinion teeth and make sure your boxes are worthy of rebuild or as parts.
TC 914-8
Hi Doc, I'm In,
and just bought a spare box on Evilbay. it should arrive this week, I have to let the smoke clear before I drop 3 bills so momma dosn't come unglued. If the air miles thing dosn't work out let me know, I have a few 10K I could spare.
The $$ will be heading your way soon.....
helios
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 14 2011, 05:44 PM) *

If you want a rebuilt box I am sure one of us can do it for you.

I may need to reconsider.......it would help with part of my time issue for getting stuff fixed on the car......

Would anyone be up for tackling my trans for me if I kick the doc some scratch???

I'd need to get it pulled, drained, cleaned & delivered before April 15th. After that, I have no time until June. blink.gif
PeeGreen 914
You got it buddy beerchug.gif I live in South Everett if you want to drop the box off at my house sometime. I'd be happy to do the rebuild for you.
helios
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 23 2011, 09:51 PM) *

You got it buddy beerchug.gif I live in South Everett if you want to drop the box off at my house sometime. I'd be happy to do the rebuild for you.

Cool. Thanks Jon. I'll decide for certain w/in the next week and get back to you (and Doc). I should hopefully have enough of the garage cleaned out that I can get the car in this weekend (that's the plan anyways). Sitting outside this winter has taken it's toll on her. sad.gif I've got some work ahead of me if I have a snowballs chance in hell at WCR (assuming I can even get away from work).
helios
This should help maintain my sanity. For a couple weeks there, I sort of had the car for sale........ chair.gif Don't know what the hell I was thinking.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(helios @ Feb 23 2011, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 23 2011, 09:51 PM) *

Cool. Thanks Jon. I'll decide for certain w/in the next week and get back to you (and Doc). I should hopefully have enough of the garage cleaned out that I can get the car in this weekend (that's the plan anyways). Sitting outside this winter has taken it's toll on her. sad.gif I've got some work ahead of me if I have a snowballs chance in hell at WCR (assuming I can even get away from work).

You don't want to sell your car silly poke.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Get off your ass Chris. I may not be able to attend the Clinic either.

I just had a family thing come up that will need the money instead. Nothing crazy, just need to funnel the money elsewhere. But there is a glimmer of hope I still can make it!

I still want the trans Jamie (sent Doc the money) and I still want the parts Doc. It's the registration and travel money that is being sent elsewhere.
Loser_Cruiser
My father and I are planning to attend. One of is going to be a paying student the other an observer, one box as of now. When is the dead line to pay? I start work next week, so I will have to wait for my paycheck or sell some parts before then. Anyone looking for some stainless heat exchangers in washington? smile.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Feb 24 2011, 10:03 AM) *

My father and I are planning to attend. One of is going to be a paying student the other an observer, one box as of now. When is the dead line to pay? I start work next week, so I will have to wait for my paycheck or sell some parts before then. Anyone looking for some stainless heat exchangers in washington? smile.gif

Are the stainless heat exchangers for a 2.0??? If yes I might be interested, are they in good shape?
Loser_Cruiser
Not to hijack but to answer No. They are the 1.7/1.8 flavor. In very good shape though.
Dr Evil
FYI, if you want to do two people working on the same box, that is cool for the price of one. Basically, dont abuse me smile.gif If you are all in it to build one box and learn, that is fine and no need to pay for two people. The payment is for one or more boxes. One or more per person, etc.

Glad that people getting things figured out. Chris, Jon and I will take good care of you.

If anyone can not make it and needs one built, I can do it there.

As for deadline, I think I will have enough soon to make it worth while so just do the best you can.

Drew, PM me if I can help you.
helios
Check is in the mail. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
1st post updated smile.gif
Dr Evil
Now that I have the ability to burn my own DVD, I will be including a copy with tuition for those of you who do not already have it smile.gif
Silver72
Dr....Sent email to your yahoo account
914werke
Tore down 2 tail'ies yesterday in anticipation . smile.gif Some interesting finds.
Root_Werks
The tipping point for me attending is finding an H for my 5th. Anyone have one? I don't want my 914 on jackstands for more than a couple of days this summer.

driving.gif

If I can't find an H gear, the tranny will stay in this summer and I'll just have to tackle it another time.

smash.gif
Dr Evil
I can get one, PM me.
JRust
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 9 2011, 10:53 AM) *

The tipping point for me attending is finding an H for my 5th. Anyone have one? I don't want my 914 on jackstands for more than a couple of days this summer.
driving.gif
If I can't find an H gear, the tranny will stay in this summer and I'll just have to tackle it another time.
smash.gif

I could use one too. Maybe even 2 but I doubt I can spare the coin before. Maybe a group buy on "H" gears??? What say you Evil confused24.gif
PlaysWithCars
How about a 'U' fourth? How hard and $$$ are they to come by? Playing with the gear charts I've convinced myself that an A-GA-N-U-ZA box is the right compromise for me to keep a decent cruising box with good splits for my 2.4E motor. I have all of the gears but the 'U'.

Also, at some point in the future I know I will "need" (at least that's how my wife always says it with her fingers quoting in the air around the word need). Anyway, I will "need" a locking differential. If I set up the box now with an open diff, how much rework is there to put another diff in it at a later date? Should I just wait to do it all at once?
Dr Evil
I am working on an H gear for Dan. Sale is pending, I have to buy the whole tranz.

A U gear is harder to come buy than an S gear. Take an S gear and flip it and you have a U. However, a U gear is one tooth away from a V gear, which is a stock 914 gear. I doubt you would feel the difference....other than in your wallet.

Why anyone would want a locked diff is beyond me, unless you mean an LSD. If you plan on messing with your diff, time to do it is when the tools and people are available, IMHO.
PeeGreen 914
I have an X gear sitting around if someone needs it.
Dr Evil
The current list of gears I have:

A (shaft)
C (first gear only)
GA (shaft)
Ka (flipped ZD)
M
N
O
Q
R (flipped V)
V
W (flipped Q)
X
Y (flipped O)
Z
ZA
ZD
914werke
Turns out I got an H & a W out of that the 1st box smile.gif
Dr Evil
It is definitely on! I just got confirmation that the missus and I will be arriving at Sea/Tach on May 6th at 11:26pm. Gonna be a long day, but thanks to KELTY360 we have tickets TO the clinic. Now I am working on getting return flight tickets. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
May be able to get you comp tickets.
Dr Evil
Let me know. I want to have the tickets all settled by the end of the week (Sun night). My other source trying to get comp tickets is getting closed out of the dates I need. I will buy the one way return tix if I have to, or I can trade labor for them smile.gif
Root_Werks
The Evil one was able to secure an H gear for me. So my check is in the mail and I'm in for the Clinic.

Mike, I wanted to thank you for helping source parts, time and other resources for this clinic. I hope you make some good money off this event. You're putting alot of effort into it.

See you in May!

smash.gif (Me working on my tranny) smash.gif
Silver72
Check is in the mail. Looking foward to the event.
Dr Evil
Just purchased return flight tickets smile.gif Leaving around noon on the 15th.
6freak
let me know if you need a ride from the airport ...you can drive my truck that weekend so you wont need a rental....your choice ...look`n forward to this clinic/party/BBQ/good time............think`n about renting a honey bucket anyone have any idea what they rent for$$.......greasy shoe`s on the new carpet the wife would be pissed! so to save everyone from haveing to remove shoes every time they need to pee I will just rent a honey bucket

smile.gif Mr.C

Any special request ? let me know ASAP

think`n about having the Six on blocks...removing trans, rebuild and replace .. confused24.gif maybe to much
KELTY360
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 14 2011, 07:20 AM) *

.........think`n about renting a honey bucket anyone have any idea what they rent for$$....

As I recall from the BBQ at Garrett's, it was about $125; dropped off on Friday, picked up on Monday.

United Site Services - 253-475-6392
Root_Werks
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 14 2011, 08:28 AM) *

.........think`n about renting a honey bucket anyone have any idea what they rent for$$....

As I recall from the BBQ at Garrett's, it was about $125; dropped off on Friday, picked up on Monday.

With the number of attendies, I'd pitch in $10-20 for one.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 14 2011, 07:48 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 14 2011, 08:28 AM) *

With the number of attendies, I'd pitch in $10-20 for one.

agree.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 14 2011, 10:20 AM) *

let me know if you need a ride from the airport ...you can drive my truck that weekend so you wont need a rental....your choice ...look`n forward to this clinic/party/BBQ/good time............think`n about renting a honey bucket anyone have any idea what they rent for$$.......greasy shoe`s on the new carpet the wife would be pissed! so to save everyone from haveing to remove shoes every time they need to pee I will just rent a honey bucket

smile.gif Mr.C

Any special request ? let me know ASAP

think`n about having the Six on blocks...removing trans, rebuild and replace .. confused24.gif maybe to much

I can help you do this. I intend to drop-rebuild-reinstall one on a persons car that I made arrangements with. I will show everyone the evil-way of doing it.....all day long sheeplove.gif
Sailor
Check is in the mail. beer3.gif
Mr.242
Hey 6Freak....we need to take Dad's tranny out and rebuild it too!

I'd pay for him to get his done!

Wahoo Dr. Evil. I'll help get ya around too.

-Mark
6freak
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Mar 14 2011, 08:36 PM) *

Hey 6Freak....we need to take Dad's tranny out and rebuild it too!

I'd pay for him to get his done!

Wahoo Dr. Evil. I'll help get ya around too.

-Mark

OK! lets get it done......I`m NOT gonna yard mine out!.. I will rebuild the side shifter for future installation ...I think were gonna drive Dan Root`s car in the shop tear he`s trans out rebuild and replace ...one`s enough plus all the other Dr will have to help with ..Plus beer drink`n time drunk.gif

Honey buckets on me fella`s ..maybe i will tape a tip jar to the door biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Actually, I had planned on pulling my tranny and prepping it as much as I could (Cleaning etc) and bringing just the tranny down.

Trying to keep it as easy as possible for Dr. Evil.

smash.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, it is someone else getting the pull-build-install.
6freak
Silver72 get`n the R.R.R done ..cool smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif headbang.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif BREAK TIME piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif biggrin.gif beer3.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif

Mike Crandall
6829 East B Street
Tacoma WA 98404
HM 253-475-8116
Cell 253-370-4458
Silver72
beer3.gif
Silver72
It will be fun driving the 914 down to T-Town with two spare gear boxes riding shotgun.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Silver72 @ Mar 17 2011, 09:01 AM) *

It will be fun driving the 914 down to T-Town with two spare gear boxes riding shotgun.

I'll be heading down in the squareback so I should have room for a couple more trannies. I can haul them down for you if you want.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.