Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW, Tacoma, WA transmission rebuild clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Silver72
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 17 2011, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Silver72 @ Mar 17 2011, 09:01 AM) *

It will be fun driving the 914 down to T-Town with two spare gear boxes riding shotgun.

I'll be heading down in the squareback so I should have room for a couple more trannies. I can haul them down for you if you want.

driving.gif

That would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
6freak
just because it needed a icon_bump.gif
Root_Werks
My timeline:

Go get my 914 and driving.gif for a few weeks. Around the last week in April, pull the tranny and clean it up for the clinic.

I'll send my starter out for re-furb while I'm at it and probably do a new clutch.

smash.gif
Eddie914
I am definitely in for the clinic since my current transaxle went KABLAMOO yesterday at the track.

I will be bringing at least two. The previous trans started getting very noisy and dropping lots of junk in the oil about two years ago. I replaced it with the ebay unit that went KABLAMOO yesterday when it lost reverse and 1st (backed out speedo unit?)

I will be trading for another replacement tomorrow. Depending on how it tests. I may bring three.

Will Dr. Evil be bringing a supply of seals or gaskets?

Thanks

Eddie
Dr Evil
I can bring gasket sets, but since I make no money on them and you can source them from places like GPR yourself, feel free to do so if it is jusst as easy for you.

Are you a for sure builder? I look forward to the autopsy of your broken box smile.gif
6freak
piratenanner.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif chair.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif headbang.gif aktion035.gif drooley.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif confused24.gif grouphug.gif sheeplove.gif santa_smiley.gif av-943.gif shades.gif stirthepot.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif flag.gif
Root_Werks
Dr. Evil, I'll order up my gasket/seal set before the clinic.

smash.gif
Dr Evil
First post edited with updated attendance list smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 30 2011, 04:39 PM) *

I feel so left out, sad.gif he said with his nose pressed against the window looking at all those trannies on the other side. hissyfit.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 30 2011, 06:29 PM) *

I feel so left out, sad.gif he said with his nose pressed against the window looking at all those trannies on the other side. hissyfit.gif

I hear you're use to checking out trannies blink.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 30 2011, 09:29 PM) *

Marc, I added you. It is easier to adjust the list when I have a check to go with the name....you paid in other ways blink.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 30 2011, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 30 2011, 06:29 PM) *

I hear you're use to checking out trannies blink.gif

Yeah, nothing beats a straight main shaft. bootyshake.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Check Sent!! smile.gif
Dr Evil
I have some very bad news mad.gif We had our scheduling meeting last night and shit got bumped around. Even though I told the upper years that I spent money and had obligations, they scheduled me for med service during my time off for this clinic and will comp me in week after next. I didnt need the week after next off!

I am so sorry about this. I guess this is what I get for trying to do too many things at once. I will of course refund all of the $$ as soon as I can regenerate it (some will be delayed, if you dont mind then speak up so I know who needs it back first).

This blows sad2.gif
Root_Werks
You've got a lot on your plate Mister Evil.

No rush on mine, get it back when you can.

Can you take $20 from it for shipping and still send me my "H" gear?
PeeGreen 914
Post this tomorrow and I'll believe you.
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 1 2011, 04:01 PM) *

Post this tomorrow and I'll believe you.

agree.gif
Dr Evil
April fools smile.gif
DNHunt
I need to find an M 3rd and an S 4th to put in my spare box or a some of the early 911 boxes.

Dave
Jakeodoule
Dammit I'm selfish! My first thought was cool! when he reschedules I'll be able to go!
mad.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 1 2011, 06:13 PM) *

April fools smile.gif

DAMN YOU!! slap.gif I almost made it through the whole day without being dooped
Dr Evil
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 1 2011, 11:12 PM) *

I need to find an M 3rd and an S 4th to put in my spare box or a some of the early 911 boxes.

Dave

I have am M gear for ya , Dave.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 2 2011, 03:01 AM) *

April fools smile.gif

DAMN YOU!! slap.gif I almost made it through the whole day without being dooped

happy11.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Apr 1 2011, 11:50 PM) *

Dammit I'm selfish! My first thought was cool! when he reschedules I'll be able to go!
mad.gif

Are you busy the whole week? We want to come down to Portland and check things out so I will be trying to hook up with you and Todd.
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 2 2011, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Apr 1 2011, 11:50 PM) *

mad.gif

Are you busy the whole week? We want to come down to Portland and check things out so I will be trying to hook up with you and Todd.

I will be in MN that weekend. It is undecided when I'll be leaving. Pretty sure I'm going wed and coming home sun. Got a big family thing going on. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Let me know when you will be around.
DNHunt
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 2 2011, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 1 2011, 11:12 PM) *

Dave

I have am M gear for ya , Dave.

Great, Mike, Thanks! I'm looking for an early 911 5 speed box. I really like my A,F,M,S,ZD box I have in the car now. I want to build a spare. I'll cut a check for the class Monday.

Dave
Root_Werks

April fools smile.gif

lol-2.gif rolleyes.gif

That's a good thing since I ordered up gaskets and such mere hours before.

Looking forward to the clinic!

smash.gif
DNHunt
Mike

PM and address to send a check. Include the cost of an M gear also.

Thanks

Dave
Dr Evil
1st post edited to include folks smile.gif
6freak
It needed a icon_bump.gif ...3 weeks away
Loser_Cruiser
Just got my gasket kit from gpr! Pretty excited smile.gif
Dr Evil
Coming fast!
Root_Werks
smash.gif

If it would stop raining for even ONE FRIGGEN DAY, that'd be nice. I've driven the 914 only twice in the past 6 weeks. rolleyes.gif I was hoping to get a little more seat time before pulling the tranny out.

driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 14 2011, 04:18 PM) *

smash.gif

If it would stop raining for even ONE FRIGGEN DAY, that'd be nice. I've driven the 914 only twice in the past 6 weeks. rolleyes.gif I was hoping to get a little more seat time before pulling the tranny out.

driving.gif

AutoCross in the rain Saterday .on slicks...weeeeeeeeeee driving.gif
Mr.242
Okay 914 peeps, we're talking eats and BBQ for this event. I will gladly do the prep and cooking for this event. I'll bring the Binford and have her set up for a good grubbing.

Need input on what you would like to see: Lunch or Dinner on Saturday?

I can do Baby Back Ribs or Pulled Pork Sandwhiches.

I believe I can do a whole slab of ribs + slaw + cornbread per person at $20 a person.

Dinner would be my thought, allows tending and cooking all day. Allows trannies to be complete and hands to be cleaned up. When I did my rebuild clinic it was a simple sandwhich and kept working thru the day.

Who's in? chowtime.gif

(Dr. Evil, I will also get you some oysters for the Saturday snacks too)
Dr Evil
Noel will LOVE that smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 15 2011, 07:25 AM) *

I bet she will......haha

food wise im up for anything
Root_Werks

Are you bringing Noel up with you? Just wondering if this is a wife friendly event. Michelle usually loves to tag along to any 914 anything I do.

smile.gif
helios
With any luck, the motor & trans will be coming out tomorrow. Got my CFR engine/trans support to aid in the drop/install.

Here goes nothing. sawzall-smiley.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 15 2011, 04:43 PM) *

Are you bringing Noel up with you? Just wondering if this is a wife friendly event. Michelle usually loves to tag along to any 914 anything I do.

smile.gif

My events are ALWAYS wife friendly. All are welcome. Noel will likely get board, I will likely be somewhat less vulgar (more boring) with women around, I'll drink less, but Noel can keep the split tails company biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I just updated the 1st post with all the paid/compensated participants. Please review and let me know it anyone is missing.
Dr Evil
I highly recommend pulling your side cover plate to inspect your pinion gear prior to the clinic to see if there will be a problem with your gear box. I have spare R/P but will not bring them with me unless I know that they are needed.

If you dont know how to pull the side cover, let me know and I will post a how to.
Loser_Cruiser
Please post it smile.gif or point me to it! Thank you.
JRust
Just ordered a couple gasket kits. I've got a few spare tailshifts for parts. Although 2 of them say core on them & one of them has no input shaft blink.gif . Which means maybe the case could be used if someone has a bad one. LOL! Felt a little dumb as I didn't notice it until I got home. It has the diff in it still. didn't really notice it being any lighter than the other trannies either idea.gif . Maybe I'll fine more in there than I expect screwy.gif .

Either way I should have parts to spare. Including the one you asked me to bring DR happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Let me sell my shit first! wink.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 15 2011, 05:36 PM) *

Let me sell my shit first! wink.gif

Hell you tell me what to sell my stuff for anyway evilgrin.gif . I'll gladly wait until your stuff is gone.
helios
Supply & demand......

Evil's supply runs out, Jamie's price doubles. lol-2.gif
JRust
QUOTE(helios @ Apr 15 2011, 06:09 PM) *

Supply & demand......

Evil's supply runs out, Jamie's price doubles. lol-2.gif

Nah! I bring extra just in case. This is going to be a great weekend. Really sneaking up on us too piratenanner.gif
helios
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 15 2011, 07:03 PM) *

Nah! I bring extra just in case. This is going to be a great weekend. Really sneaking up on us too piratenanner.gif

I know it. I finally got the car in the garage..........barely. And I've already started working the 65+ hour work weeks. Fortunately I've got Saturdays off (for the most part), so I'm going to try to get it pulled tomorrow.....with a bit of luck. Then I still need to get the thing cleaned up and either get it to Jon, or arrange transport of the trans to Jon's.

We'll see, I may even be able to make it on Saturday......but I likely won't know until 9pm the night before.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.