Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW, Tacoma, WA transmission rebuild clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
TC 914-8
I have a tail shift donor in my 4 runner at Sea Tac ready to drop off Friday on my way home . I have Mikes address, will anyone be there around 11-12 friday? Won't be able to make it over the weekend mad.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ May 4 2011, 09:24 PM) *

Hey does anyone have a working 3 port fuel pump they can bring along? I need one that doesn't leak for my LE

I'll bring one. Not sure if it leaks or not, but it's worth a try.
JRust
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 4 2011, 10:49 PM) *

Hey does anyone have a working 3 port fuel pump they can bring along? I need one that doesn't leak for my LE

Awesome thanks! I have not had good luck finding one that works.
DNHunt
I think I have 1 too.

Dave
Root_Werks
I couldn't wait and started pulling my tranny appart last night.

blink.gif

Actually I pulled the side cover off, shift selector arm out (done that before to replace seals) and then pulled the back sections off. Everything looks really clean and smooth. Nothings marked or scored. It does lead me to a question about gaskets though. Note:I made sure to leave them on and intact.

Mine are yellow or tan-ish in color and I have three of them between the main case and intermediate plate. But my gasket/seal kit only has black gaskets.

I thought I have read they gasket colors (thickness) is a really big deal.

Is my seal/gasket kit worthless?
KELTY360
Mike - I've got a 52" x 39" table top with no legs. Do you have a couple extra saw horses we could use?
6freak
QUOTE(JRust @ May 5 2011, 06:39 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 4 2011, 10:49 PM) *

Awesome thanks! I have not had good luck finding one that works.

I believe i have 2 new ones noy sure its been awile
6freak
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 5 2011, 01:41 PM) *

Mike - I've got a 52" x 39" table top with no legs. Do you have a couple extra saw horses we could use?

yes sir i do Marc.........Jack no ping pong table ?? kevin called me a few days ago ....i didnt have a phone with me ....prolly wanted to drop it of
championgt1
I helped him load it into his truck on Tuesday. beer3.gif
KELTY360
Mike - what's the address? I've been there once before, but I was too busy trying to break greenie's door handle to pay attention to where we were.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 5 2011, 02:32 PM) *

Mike - what's the address? I've been there once before, but I was too busy trying to break greenie's door handle to pay attention to where we were.

I could use an address as well.

Speaking of, you ruined opening Greenies door by the outer handle for the rest of us.

slap.gif

Last event he just about jumped out of his pants when he saw me open the door with the outer handle.

rolleyes.gif

Must I hold another leason on how to open 914 doors? Don't make me do it, cause I will!

biggrin.gif

Some of you guys at the XXX event were lucky I was pre-occupied with my POS 914 smoking all over the place. Else I would have gone off on another windshield wiper arm rant.

happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 5 2011, 02:35 PM) *

Speaking of, you ruined opening Greenies door by the outer handle for the rest of us.

slap.gif

Last event he just about jumped out of his pants when he saw me open the door with the outer handle.

rolleyes.gif

Must I hold another leason on how to open 914 doors? Don't make me do it, cause I will!

biggrin.gif

Some of you guys at the XXX event were lucky I was pre-occupied with my POS 914 smoking all over the place. Else I would have gone off on another windshield wiper arm rant.

happy11.gif

I'm really glad he kept his pants on, wouldn't have been a pretty sight bootyshake.gif

We're probably never going to be able to live up to your compulsive, bordering on anal, tendencies. You're going to make a great fussy old man someday....ask me how I know. stirthepot.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 5 2011, 02:51 PM) *

slap.gif

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

happy11.gif

I'm really glad he kept his pants on, wouldn't have been a pretty sight bootyshake.gif

We're probably never going to be able to live up to your compulsive, bordering on anal, tendencies. You're going to make a great fussy old man someday....ask me how I know. stirthepot.gif

We all know Marc, you once were an old fussy man. Now you're an ancient fussy man poke.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif blink.gif
helios
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 5 2011, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 5 2011, 02:51 PM) *

slap.gif

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

happy11.gif

We all know Marc, you once were an old fussy man. Now you're an ancient fussy man poke.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif blink.gif

Ooo, ZING! laugh.gif

As of now, it is still looking like I'll be able to make it saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed. We'll see how far along i can get it put back together (assuming nothing is trashed).

6freak
6829 East Bst Tacoma Wa 98404

253-370-4458 drunk.gif
Silver72
Secured the 80w-90 GL5 today. Got some extra just in case someone needs some.

JRust
I'm still figuring out when I can leave. Kind of hoping I can head up tommorow night. Not sure if I can swing it though. I'm taking my tranny's down to pressure wash them tonight. I've got one more to drain too. Right now I am tired & sitting in my recliner after a long day at work. I think I need another half hour of sitting on my ass before I will feel up to working again happy11.gif
6freak
HERE WE GO
flag.gif poke.gif lol-2.gif aktion035.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif popcorn[1].gif headbang.gif chowtime.gif bootyshake.gif cheer.gif piratenanner.gif drunk.gif biggrin.gif beer3.gif flag.gif
PanelBilly
Spent last evening cleaning peppers and stuffing them with cream cheese. I used rubber gloves this time so I can still feel my fingers! Heartburn, here we come

By the way, I hope there's a bench I can use tomorrow
Root_Werks
I still have to pack up the squareback, but the parts are here and ready to go. We'll be there first thing Saturday morning.

driving.gif
DNHunt
I'm going to bring a load late this afternoon if possible. I got some spare parts and a bunch of beer.

Dave
PeeGreen 914
Anyone from the North end want to pick up some weird guy and a tranny? happy11.gif

I'd like to leave the good car for my wife and don't really want to take the Honda all the way down blink.gif .
Root_Werks
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 6 2011, 08:28 AM) *

Anyone from the North end want to pick up some weird guy and a tranny? happy11.gif

I'd like to leave the good car for my wife and don't really want to take the Honda all the way down blink.gif .

I'd have the room, going to pick up Marks tranny down at the Kirkland P&R. We could swing down and pick you up on the way. Squareback has room.

driving.gif
6freak
friday is wide open for anyone that wants to drop stuff of or just show up and start drink`n strait away hahaha....or work`n on stuff
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 6 2011, 09:23 AM) *

I'd have the room, going to pick up Marks tranny down at the Kirkland P&R. We could swing down and pick you up on the way. Squareback has room.

driving.gif

Okay beerchug.gif I have Chris' tranny as well. Is there room for me plus his tranny? What time do you want me ready?
6freak
[ Is there room for me plus his tranny? What time do you want me ready? blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif LMAO
KELTY360

You're two thirds of the way to the start of a bad joke: "a weird guy, a tranny and ????? were waiting for a bus.......

a chicken maybe? ricola.gif.....or a clown clown2.gif , no, no, a pirate pirate.gif That's it, "a weird guy, a tranny and a pirate were waiting for a bus.....

OK, you can take it from there.
Root_Werks
Jon, we'll swing by around 7:45AM so we can still meet up with mark by 8AM.

So maybe the question is: How many tranny's can you stuff into a Squareback?

laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Getting ready.....these bags are too heavy dry.gif Buy my fricken parts!
Mr.242
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 6 2011, 10:07 AM) *

That's it, "a weird guy, a tranny and a pirate were waiting for a bus.....

The Pirate asks the wierd guy "Aurggggh.... this bus go DOWNTOWN matey?" Which gets the Tranny to say...."Nope, but I do!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why did the Tranny cross the road?

Cuz the Pirate and Weird Guy were both willing to share.

Mr.242
I have officially seasoned the pork ribs and I'm smokin some chicken breasts (I have a medical card for legally smoking them) for pulled chicken sliders to snack on during the lunch time.

The fricken house smells so gosh darn good and there is no BBQ meat to eat.

chowtime.gif Are you ready? chowtime.gif

Oh yea....about 5 dozen oysters for grilling too! wub.gif
Oh man, there will be some good eats!

I feel sorry for all the guys who have to be working on their trannies.

Root_Werks
I think mine should go pretty fast. I've pulled most of it appart and inspected already. Not that I'm a tranny surgeon.

blink.gif

But the unit only has 100k miles on it (the whole 914 only does). It's original and doesn't look abused.

I might be able to get away with a few basic parts, slap my H and X gears on, assemble and done.

Tranny shifted perfectly, never made noise etc. So I'm hoping once Dr. Evil has a chance to look it over, he says the same thing. "Slap it back together!"

smash.gif
aircooledtechguy
I'll be coming first thing in the morning just to watch, poke fun and hang out. Does anyone have in their parts stash a good working fresh air box for the front, or at least a good fan that they could bring with them tomorrow?? I'm in the market and will be happy to buy one if someone brings one for me. I let the smoke out of mine and they never seem to work once that happens. . . headbang.gif

See you all soon!!
914werke
Nate Ive got one Ill bring.
The truck is loaded with boxes, parts and & a little Lube! biggrin.gif
6freak
Jamie forgot his seal kit does anyone have and extra 3 of them ......or any
messix
i'll down about 6:30ish
helios
QUOTE(6freak @ May 6 2011, 06:26 PM) *

Jamie forgot his seal kit does anyone have and extra 3 of them ......or any

Oh SoB! I knew I forgot to do something......oh well, I can at least get it inspected and get any internal parts lined out that I'll need. headbang.gif
montoya 73 2.0
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Come on guys, Give us who couldn't come a little bit of that funky stuff?!
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 6 2011, 02:35 PM) *

I have officially seasoned the pork ribs and I'm smokin some chicken breasts (I have a medical card for legally smoking them) for pulled chicken sliders to snack on during the lunch time.

My mouth is watering thinking about it. I'm so happy you have some goodies for lunch since I need to leave before dinner time
rohar
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 6 2011, 08:01 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Come on guys, Give us who couldn't come a little bit of that funky stuff?!

Came up in a GIS for tranny clinic:

IPB Image

I'm gonna need some eye bleach, what surrounded that pic cannot be unseen.

JRust
I'll be heading up but late. I am in Portland waiting for my kind brother to bring me the gasket kits I forgot. Guess I at least remembered them before it was to late. Just have to kill a couple hours. I'll be up late Mike. I'll just hop in the trailer to crash. Although it may be close to when you get there with the good DR happy11.gif . Expect me somewhere around 1am
messix
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 6 2011, 02:35 PM) *

i'll be down late please save me a plate of the good stuff.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 6 2011, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 6 2011, 10:07 AM) *

That's it, "a weird guy, a tranny and a pirate were waiting for a bus.....

The Pirate asks the wierd guy "Aurggggh.... this bus go DOWNTOWN matey?" Which gets the Tranny to say...."Nope, but I do!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why did the Tranny cross the road?

Cuz the Pirate and Weird Guy were both willing to share.

lol-2.gif

You seem to know a lot about trannies Mark. Not that there's anything wrong with that. shades.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ May 6 2011, 08:34 PM) *

I'll be heading up but late. I am in Portland waiting for my kind brother to bring me the gasket kits I forgot. Guess I at least remembered them before it was to late. Just have to kill a couple hours. I'll be up late Mike. I'll just hop in the trailer to crash. Although it may be close to when you get there with the good DR happy11.gif . Expect me somewhere around 1am

Sorry to hear you're hung out to dry Jamie, but thanks. I would have forgotten mine if I hadn't read about yours. See you tomorrow.
Root_Werks
Hit'in the road!

driving.gif
helios
Out of the shower. Time to load up the car and head out. See ya crazy bastards in a little bit! beerchug.gif
montoya 73 2.0
okay, it's 11 and you guys should be all torn down and cleaning your parts. Some of you have wiped down your parts and made nice little rows. Then the doc will come by and mess it all up! Hahahahaaaaaaa! He is fun isn't he? Gawd I wanted to be there.
Tom
evilgrin.gif It's 6 and no pics! sad.gif Put the beer down and post some, please!? biggrin.gif
Tom, wishing I was there.
Daiberl
I couldn't make it today, I had 2 people showing up to look at my 996, one finally bought the car!! If that would have happen 2 days earlier I would now also rebuild a transmission sad.gif But glad that the car finally sold. Hope you all have fun doing your transmission!!

- Juergen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.