Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW, Tacoma, WA transmission rebuild clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
montoya 73 2.0
I will go wherever I can park my jeep to sleep, drink, eat and have fun! Oh yeah, Rebuild a Transmission too! Is Griots garage around there?

Where are you located Crandel Clan? I'm kinda scared, It's like the roosters coming to the wolves den?

It's a 8+ hr. drive for me to Seattle!
Mr.242
I chatted with my bro 6Freak and he is celebrating his son's 18th Birthday tonite. He said he does have room to host and will have a location to have people around to talk a good story, bonfire, and lie.

He has lots of room for camp trailers, tents, etc. AND a couple teenage boys who would make perfect designated drivers if someone needed a ride to a hotel after some beer3.gif

Triad is a good location...might be lacking the bonfire story telling part.

But sounds like we got some TRANNY stuff happen'n for sure.

piratenanner.gif
PlaysWithCars
Where ever you do it, please make sure it has a fence. Need a place that those of us who can't decide if we want to rebuild or not can hang out. (get it? on the fence).

Seriously though, how many trannys can one expect to be able to do in a day?
montoya 73 2.0
One can be done on Saturday and one on Sunday! I've seen it and helped with it.
JRust
I'm good with Dave & Triad or Mike's. Whatever works
6freak
I can offer ,,, ....I have spare room for the good Dr and his wife(comfy queen bed)actually i have 3 spare rooms and an RV that will sleep 6 ,,,an acre of grass for camping lots of room.Big shop,,compressor,,hotels within a few miles,,fire pit for the good Dr`s guitar,,Parts store within walking distance.and just about 5 miles to Griot`s garage(Drew) and mite be able to set something up with Richard Griot`s and get someone`s car polished up,,,,the little women dont work that weekend so she could take all the ladys shopping and site seeing...Just wanted to toss out the option , and most of the PNW guys know where i live and even a few canucks been here...so just throwing it out there ....Let me know

M Crandall biggrin.gif
JRust
I want to claim the RV chowtime.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Sweet! I put my vote with the Crandall's. Them are some funny Sum-biotches. I got dibs on the car polishing! The wife would love me even more if I got the 06' Jeep Commander nice and shinny!!! poke.gif
6freak
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 31 2011, 10:00 PM) *

I want to claim the RV chowtime.gif

you got it bud

Dr Evil
Crandall's it is! I like the family, not affiliated with a shop, part smile.gif

Mike, if the dates are OK with you I will start taking tuition smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Do you guys want me to run an ad in our local PCA mgazine?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2011, 05:05 AM) *

Cool!

We'll start making plans to attend. beerchug.gif chowtime.gif smash.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2011, 05:05 AM) *

Dates are good! got the green lite from the wife,,do your thing ,, and i will get busy cleaning up the shop and getting new light`s installed...That needed to be done anyway
Dr Evil
Alright, it is a done deal. Reserve your spot and parts now! PM for payment details. This is going to RULE!

Jon, feel free to tell anyone you want. biggrin.gif I need to alert the 912 folks as well.
Dr Evil
First post edited to reflect changes smile.gif
messix
hey doc, i've got a spare s/s tranny that had 1st and 2nd gear syncro trouble that i can donate for the cause.

i'm not sure if i can make it down for the clinic though.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 1 2011, 01:05 PM) *

hey doc, i've got a spare s/s tranny that had 1st and 2nd gear syncro trouble that i can donate for the cause.

I think that'll work out since I thought you weren't allowed to attend public events anyway?

happy11.gif
messix
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 1 2011, 01:28 PM) *

I think that'll work out since I thought you weren't allowed to attend public events anyway?

happy11.gif

you've mixed up my status with kelty360, that miscreant punk shouldn't be outside of his mental health workers sight!
PanelBilly
I've figured out where, but I don't see the when.
6freak
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 31 2011, 10:18 PM) *

Sweet! I put my vote with the Crandall's. Them are some funny Sum-biotches. I got dibs on the car polishing! The wife would love me even more if I got the 06' Jeep Commander nice and shinny!!! poke.gif

no promises on the car polishing but i will try ..and then we have to make time to go...maybe sunday
Dr Evil
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 1 2011, 05:21 PM) *

I've figured out where, but I don't see the when.

Um, in the title and first post. May 7-8 confused24.gif

Troy, that would be fine. I have the one I a doing for you gutted, the guts cleaned, parts switched out. I intend to clean the case next and then assemble smile.gif

Stay tuned for the raffle.
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 1 2011, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 1 2011, 01:28 PM) *

happy11.gif

you've mixed up my status with kelty360, that miscreant punk shouldn't be outside of his mental health workers sight!

All my mental health workers requested transfers confused24.gif I don't get it. happy11.gif

The good news is....I'm in. I'll probably be bringing two boxes; one out of my car and the other is a reportedly good box that I'd been planning on putting in as is.

BTW Troy, I was gonna let you use the two-post lift I just put in, but now..... bootyshake.gif
Bleyseng
Wow, dates look good so I can be a walk on to this....
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 1 2011, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 31 2011, 10:18 PM) *

no promises on the car polishing but i will try ..and then we have to make time to go...maybe sunday

No worries. I probably cant get it done on sunday as I will be driving home! next time I'm up there!
PanelBilly
Having the date in the title, you expect me to be able to notice things like that?

Can I just bring the transmission I did last time. It's never been in the car, but I was too drunk to remember anything I did. I sure would like to learn something this time.

Hey anybody got one that you want me to assemble? Free labor here, I'll work for beer.....shit then I won't remember what I did

evil circle
Dr Evil
Is it a party where transmissions get rebuilt, or is is a place where transmissions get rebuilt and there is a party? confused24.gif
Mr.242
I've done my tranny.....so, I'll work on anothe topic..............I'll do BBQ
chowtime.gif

Will figure out attendance totals as the date gets closer.....dinner will be served.

Because if we eat at lunch no one will get any work done and the smell factory Dr. will not make it safe inside the garage. hissyfit.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2011, 05:22 PM) *

Is it a party where transmissions get rebuilt, or is is a place where transmissions get rebuilt and there is a party? confused24.gif

Both and then some chowtime.gif .....Drove the six today( Kinda doggy running but it was still good to get her out) Anywho stopped by Griot`s and it sounded pretty promising to get someons car in a bay and shined up...Wouldnt that be cool...who`s gonna be the lucky dog
Sailor
Count me in!! beer3.gif I've got three boxes I'd like to consolidate into....
Dr Evil
I will still need lunch confused24.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2011, 05:22 PM) *

It's always a party in the PNW son! Especially when the Doc is there!

I built my trans last clinic, but I will build another for my future project! screwy.gif
messix
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2011, 08:46 PM) *

I will still need lunch confused24.gif

so i might have to bring down some marinated steak bites to nibble on [the guys that made it to Garrets get together had some... not as good as the bbq and atomic buffalo turds!]
championgt1
I don't have a box that needs rebuilt, but I will be there for the spectacle. beerchug.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif

Griots has a deal called caffiene and gasoline the first Saturday of every month. The 7th happens to be the first Saturday. In January they fired up a Mclaren F1 car. This month they are firing up a Mclaren can am car. It starts at 8am and goes until 10am. Just a heads up.
rohar
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Feb 1 2011, 05:55 PM) *

chowtime.gif

Will figure out attendance totals as the date gets closer.....dinner will be served.

Because if we eat at lunch no one will get any work done and the smell factory Dr. will not make it safe inside the garage. hissyfit.gif

Need meat? I'm sitting on two cut home grown piggies in the deep freeze wink.gif There's some beef laying around too. The beef ribs are 3" thick.
6freak
QUOTE(rohar @ Feb 1 2011, 10:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Feb 1 2011, 05:55 PM) *

chowtime.gif

Need meat? I'm sitting on two cut home grown piggies in the deep freeze wink.gif There's some beef laying around too. The beef ribs are 3" thick.

for sure THANKS. chowtime.gif ...get with me brother(MR242) he`s in charge of food......Jack we need to figure out what time Saterday we want to start tearing done box`s smash.gif (Any guess Dr)...If nothing else we can start the day off saterday at Griots ....Anyone traveling (drew & Jamie or who ever)that want to show up friday nite is more then welcome driving.gif driving-girl.gif ....short cruz to Griots for coffee in the AM then back to the house .....Im sure the Dr`s gonna want a ride in the six and i cant pick him up at the airport with it so that mite be the only time! who knows..we still have some time to work out the wrinkels

Bar the door kadi this is gonna be a good one
montoya 73 2.0
I'm up for whatever happens! Friday evening you will see me there.
6freak
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 2 2011, 12:35 PM) *

AND THE WIFE????..JUST TRY`N TO GET THE WIFE HELP WITH THE PLANS
Dr Evil
Noel is coming with me so no 914 rides unless you have 2. I will be renting a car for the time so we can tour around. I plan on starting at 9am sharp on Sat. Depending on how Sat goes, Sun can be a little later.
Dr Evil
OK Tacoma-niacs, anyone have some frequent flier miles they want to trade for stuff?? I need to buy a ticket eventually wink.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 2 2011, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 2 2011, 12:35 PM) *

AND THE WIFE????..JUST TRY`N TO GET THE WIFE HELP WITH THE PLANS

The wife isn't going to be with me on this one, She will at WCR 2011. I'm going stag on this event!!! aktion035.gif

I plan on starting at 9am sharp on Sat. Depending on how Sat goes, Sun can be a little later

I figured that the doc would want to start at 9am. He did (tryed) the same thing last clinic. wacko.gif bye1.gif
DNHunt
I've got some spare parts and some tools I can bring over including a 1st gear slider welded to a pipe and a coupe of big sockets. I can provide a bed in giggle. Maybe I'll see about some beer from the local brewery.

I don't think I'll have any projects but, it's great fun watching other people work and there is nothing better than watching other people sweat.
Dr Evil
A bed in giggle? I would rather have a giggle in bed tongue.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 2 2011, 04:46 PM) *

A bed in giggle? I would rather have a giggle in bed tongue.gif

With Dave? blink.gif
championgt1
Mike, let me know if you need a hand getting anything ready. I would be glad to stop by and give you a hand. beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
I'll put it on the calendar, and will probably be there to watch and cause trouble. beer3.gif
6freak
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Feb 2 2011, 09:30 PM) *

Mike, let me know if you need a hand getting anything ready. I would be glad to stop by and give you a hand. beerchug.gif

Thank you I will let you know smile.gif
PanelBilly
I did the Griotts tour last Saturday with the club. Man, they have a fantastic facility. Soap and wax must be doing good.
badboybear
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 30 2011, 07:13 PM) *

The Atomic Turds were from Todd wink.gif chowtime.gif

Let us know dates...we would love to come meet some fellow teeners, meet the doctor and watch, eat food, etc....sounds like a blast.

M&T914
championgt1
QUOTE(badboybear @ Feb 4 2011, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 30 2011, 07:13 PM) *

The Atomic Turds were from Todd wink.gif chowtime.gif

Let us know dates...we would love to come meet some fellow teeners, meet the doctor and watch, eat food, etc....sounds like a blast.

M&T914

May 7th and 8th. Come on up! beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 2 2011, 01:49 PM) *

Noel is coming with me so no 914 rides unless you have 2. I will be renting a car for the time so we can tour around. I plan on starting at 9am sharp on Sat. Depending on how Sat goes, Sun can be a little later.

we have two factory six`s to play with that weekend....and if mark got hes going it would be three...fat chance of that rolleyes.gif

The Griot`s thing will have to be early Saterday AM! ...go early spend and hour and then come back for the clinic by 9am( Just an idea)...If your not from around here your gonna wanna see some of the car`s there , So make time for it...you wont see them anywhere else

I open for idea`s on when we can go see Griots
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.