Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: diggin into hell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
michelko
QUOTE (Lou W @ May 22 2005, 12:14 AM)
michelko   Posted on May 15 2005, 02:00 AM and the seat adjuster newly plated.

Now i am waiting for the ordered stainless steel fuel lines.
I am thinking on relocating the fuel pump. I can´t get a working old style pump, and the new stile didn´t fit in the engine compartment dry.gif .

Where are you getting the new fuel lines from?

Are you going to paint over the por15 that you applied on the interior floor boards?

Keep up the great work. smilie_pokal.gif

the brother of my girl friend is working in a pipe building company.
he ordered the pipe for me. This one are called "ermeto" pipes in germany.

don´t know if i should paint over the por 15? nobody will see this after the sound deadening material and the carpet is in. confused24.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
michelko
QUOTE (Lou W @ May 22 2005, 12:19 AM)
michelko   Posted on May 22 2005, 01:10 AM last week i drilled the holes for the front sway bar.
this weekend i cutted out the sheet metal to put in the reinforcement plates.

Did your car have the original factory swaybar upfront?

nope. i bought a used 911 swaybar. and new reinforcment plates from a 914 parts dealer in germany. I grinded down the sway bar to bare metal and por15ed it. I think i will bring the drop links to the sand blaster, it is to much work to clean them by hand dry.gif . maybe i will get them plated or they will also be por15ed.

smilie_flagge6.gif
Lou W

don´t know if i should paint over the por 15? nobody will see this after the sound deadening material and the carpet is in. confused24.gif

Are the fuel lines similar to what is being offered by one of our members?

Yeah, that makes sense, your'e not going to see it once it covered.
Lou W
nope. i bought a used 911 swaybar. and new reinforcment plates from a 914 parts dealer in germany. I grinded down the sway bar to bare metal and por15ed it. I think i will bring the drop links to the sand blaster, it is to much work to clean them by hand dry.gif . maybe i will get them plated or they will also be por15ed.

Oh, ok, I was trying to figure out if you were stiffening the mounts for the stock swaybar, or adding one. I'm trying to decide if powder coating the sway bars would work, If not, then I'll probably just paint them. I'm getting ready to powder coat parts of my suspension, and now would be the time to do it.
michelko
QUOTE (Lou W @ May 22 2005, 12:29 AM)

Are the fuel lines similar to what is being offered by one of our members?

Yeah, that makes sense, your'e not going to see it once it covered.

don´t know if they are similar confused24.gif I measured the old ones: sucktionline is 10mm outer diameter, returnline is 8 mm. After i decided to relocate the fule pump to the front i am using now both line 8 mm. now iw ill have a return line and a pressure line, sucktionline is realy short, i think 30-40 cm from tank to pump.

smilie_flagge6.gif
michelko
Hi ogether,
yesterday i gotm the stainless steel piping for the fuel lines.
Very nice to work with. I made both lines of 8 mm pipes.
michelko
nother view
michelko
i decided to make two parts of each line and conect them with high pressure fuel line. much easyer to handle
michelko
with grommets installed
michelko
i flared the ends of the pipes so they should hold the pressure, hope so. dry.gif

i did also some wire work. the trunk cables are new wraped with tape and i made the connection for the licence plat light new
michelko
nother
michelko
last but not least i did the rest of cleaning and rust treatment in the engine compartment. Next step will be the tie coat primer and then a shot of nice blue colour (bought 1 l last friday).
michelko
nother
michelko
nother one
michelko
and the new (NOS) trunk hinges in colour
michelko
smilie_flagge6.gif
tat2dphreak
how I've gone this long without reading this thread is beyond me! you have done an amazing job!! pray.gif

this thread gives me faith to do what I have to do!
SirAndy
congrats! smilie_pokal.gif

looks like you're getting really close to drive her again ...
beerchug.gif Andy
michelko
little update on the fuel pump relocation process. i fabricatet some sheet metal to mount the fuel pump at the stock position of the late cars.
Printet on paper and cutted it out with the angle grinder.
michelko
some bending
michelko
more
michelko
nother shot
michelko
welding a little
michelko
grinding
michelko
pump with rubber mounts
michelko
assembled
michelko
in place
michelko
access hole
michelko
fuel compartment.

smilie_flagge6.gif
TravisNeff
Great Job! smilie_pokal.gif
watsonrx13
Michelko great job. One question, where are you going to position the fuel filter? Thanks for the pics as I'm going to be moving my fuel pump to the front soon....

Again, congrats on the excellent progress... smilie_pokal.gif
michelko
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Jun 2 2005, 03:12 PM)
Michelko great job. One question, where are you going to position the fuel filter? Thanks for the pics as I'm going to be moving my fuel pump to the front soon....

Again, congrats on the excellent progress... smilie_pokal.gif

dont know how to go with the fuel filter confused24.gif . There are two way in my opinion.
I have a new original filter (cube) but the fittingsof this are 8mm outside. Suktionline of the pump is 12 mm, this wont fit witout an adapter! Pressure side of the pump is 8mm so the filter will fit, but i think it was never ment to work under pressure!
Nother idea is to use a modern jetronik filter. they are used in the presureline of the pump.
Have to buy one and test it.

smilie_flagge6.gif
Quebecer
Freaking amazing !! smilie_pokal.gif

Never seen such clear pictures and explanations for relocation of the fuel pump.

Thanks a whole bunch for your great contributions to this site.
tat2dphreak
great job man!! that is slick! smilie_pokal.gif
michelko
today i did some priming with the tie coat primer (por 15 system). Tomorow i will do the second layer and next weekend i will shoot the blue.
michelko
michelko
michelko
michelko
michelko
michelko
and the holder for the fuel pump
michelko
nother view
michelko
last one for today.

have a nice weekend.
Gint
Lookin good (as usual). Must be warming up in Germany eh?
sgomes
QUOTE (Gint @ Jun 4 2005, 08:58 AM)
Must be warming up in Germany eh?

laugh.gif I was thinking the same thing. You kinda went into hibernation for the winter. As soon as things warmed up it seems like you had a lot to catch up on! You make us look like a bunch of misfits.

smilie_flagge6.gif pray.gif
michelko
QUOTE (Gint @ Jun 4 2005, 08:58 AM)
Lookin good (as usual). Must be warming up in Germany eh?

Yes it´s realy nice weather the last two weeks.

We made a motorbike tour to france a week ago, and the temperature was on two days nearly 30°C (dont know in farenheit confused24.gif )

Here is a shot of our base camp. we drove 1300km in 5 days
CptTripps
Great work man...really well done.

Makes me wish I'd done my engine bay!

Keep it up...
michelko
Boy o boy its done, i painted the engine bay.
I am proud like shit about the result

wub.gif
michelko
wett
michelko
qewrwer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.