Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: diggin into hell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
michelko
QUOTE(Hammy @ Jan 13 2007, 12:59 AM) *

michelko, how did you strip the underside? What did you use?

Looks great!!

Por-Strip, big load of elbow grease and wire wheel on an angle grinder will do the work. Then metal-ready and Por15 and you are ready. But be sure it is a pita to work over head for a long time. Rotissery would be the solution.

smilie_flagge6.gif
ClayPerrine
I am going to relocate this to the classics folder, and leave a link here.

This is some wonderful stuff!!!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
showalml
Hi everyone this is my first post on this website lol and I am about to start digging into hell. My 914 has body rust somewhat like this but on the passenger side. This thread was really informative and it makes me feel better that someone is doing such a great job at this! The pictures really are great and make me a little less nervous about doing it myself. I will hopefully be getting assistants from a longtime (40yr) metal frame guy.
seanery
What a great thread!! I just read the whole thing - amazing job!!
6freak
QUOTE(michelko @ Nov 13 2004, 10:41 AM) *

patch in place

does anyone make this piece that goes on top of the long...not the inner fender piece the other one...Thanks
smile.gif...post#180
6freak
Click to view attachment

ok thats better..piece on the bottom???
Cairo94507
drooley.gif Very nice.
michelko
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 7 2013, 09:34 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Hi,
i think you can get the whole long but not for cheap. I fabricated this piece from scratch. Not realy complicate.

Michael
6freak
QUOTE(michelko @ Mar 11 2013, 12:04 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 7 2013, 09:34 AM) *

Click to view attachment

. I fabricated this piece from scratch.

thought so! ...thanks ..nice work by the way
smile.gif

housepumpinpc
I feel inspired by this thread.I WILL HAVE THAT CONSLE PAD CUT OUT AND NEW ONE WELDED IN. Starting in the am.
veekry9
QUOTE(michelko @ Sep 7 2005, 02:32 PM) *

Hi guys, after all that grinding, welding, bondoing, sanding, filling, wetsanding, i did the last small step: the paint!!

first shot after the wetsanded filler

Click to view attachment

I have to ask.Looks quite familiar.
What brand of primer filler did you use?
michelko
Hi, long time since this, i think it was dupont. Maybe i have the old can stored in the shop. Will have a look.

Michael

QUOTE(veekry9 @ Oct 9 2014, 05:00 PM) *

QUOTE(michelko @ Sep 7 2005, 02:32 PM) *

Hi guys, after all that grinding, welding, bondoing, sanding, filling, wetsanding, i did the last small step: the paint!!

first shot after the wetsanded filler

Click to view attachment

I have to ask.Looks quite familiar.
What brand of primer filler did you use?
Tbone425
Wow...just...wow, thats All I've got to say (My first post here)
Geezer914
Nice job, done the right way. You have to take your time and pace your self. Accomplish little goals each day or it becomes overwhelming. That is when people give up and the car never gets finished. smash.gif welder.gif first.gif : driving.gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Aug 18 2015, 02:23 PM) *

Nice job, done the right way. You have to take your time and pace your self. Accomplish little goals each day or it becomes overwhelming. That is when people give up and the car never gets finished. smash.gif welder.gif first.gif : driving.gif

Great Thread,

Up until now I did not think the 74 I have was repairable, but it look very simular in condition to this car when started.

But after reading and watching through the 30 some pages I am now thinking it is worth saving.

Thank you, michelko
rush
Very high quality, style in the pics, and perfect comments...Thanks, Steve
Chip
QUOTE(SpecialK @ Jul 31 2005, 08:14 AM) *

<!-- QuoteBegin michelko+Jul 31 2005, 06:49 AM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (michelko @ Jul 31 2005, 06:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> nother view
its amazing what you can do with some sheet metal and a hammer <!-- QuoteEnd --> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!-- QuoteEEnd -->
"...its amazing what you can do with some sheet metal and a hammer."

<!-- emo&:worship: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Think of what he could do with a scalpel. He should go into plastic surgery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.