Full Version: Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Heeltoe914
Sounds good to me lets post the address. HAHA
Bossman
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Nov 12 2014, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Bossman @ Nov 12 2014, 06:01 PM) *

Tried the State Park - available sites to short. Will call the hotel tomorrow for sure.

Holy Cow, how big is your RV - I just put in 35 ft rv and 9 spaces showed up.

There is also Bella Vista in Cayucos, but you have to call them directly.

38' plus trailer. Called the hotel this morning and was told they only had two rooms left - booked one just in time. My first run in my first 914 - looking forward to it!
don-6
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 12 2014, 06:41 PM) *

Here is a nice drive I would suggest. I bet the PR Dept. at Fort Hunter would let us stop, gas up and eat. If not, there is gas near by for those with small tanks.

Click to view attachment

I did this run with the Targa California group. Up the coast and over the mountain into Fort Hunter-Ligget. Great roads, and an historic California Mission on the base
We will look at incorporating this into our schedule. driving.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Nov 13 2014, 03:52 PM) *

Sounds good to me lets post the address. HAHA

405 Fairview Ln. Stop by sometime. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 13 2014, 03:34 PM) *

So Elliot, I guess your alright with me volunteering your place as a crash pad for the guys. I mean you never objected to my earlier post and I kinda took that as an open invitation to the SoCal group. So I guess that it can now be revealed, Bed n Breakfast @ Elyut's everybody. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Let me know if we need to bring anything like soap or toothpaste. smile.gif

You can park your RV in my driveway.
Elliot Cannon
Or you can camp in my back yard. av-943.gif
76-914
Bad news! When Joe left the SoCal contingency he took the RV. The good news is we all we be driving our teeners so that driveway is perfect. Once we get "good and schnockered" we can do some time trials. Then at midnight the 6's can have a burn out contest piratenanner.gif
And thanks for volunteering the back yard for us Pet Owners. This is going to be a great event, thanks to you Elyut!
Elliot Cannon
Sorry about the RV. Any teeners found on my driveway will be immediately impounded by my private security staff. Pets will be shot on sight. Other than that, drop by any time. av-943.gif
montoya 73 2.0
What are you doing this weekend Elliot? PM me if you want to get a beer on Sunday.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 14 2014, 12:38 PM) *

What are you doing this weekend Elliot? PM me if you want to get a beer on Sunday.

Drew, do you still have the trailer-bar-b-que ?
montoya 73 2.0
Its in Oregon still. Im going to build a new one, 4×10 trailer. Thinking of adding 2 ice chest pockets on the tongue with the gas griddle on the back.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Nov 11 2014, 12:19 PM) *

Does anyone have any objections if I decide to come out of hibernation and come to the WCR? I think I'm through the tunnel and the light is a few feet away!

"The light" Be extra careful, that light is sometimes an oncoming train!

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 5 2014, 08:22 PM) *

Maybe Mark Britell can help us with that. He works there.

The Cap'n
Chris914n6
Booked. Guy said they had a handful of rooms left with queen beds.

Only have 1,000 things to do to the car starting with pulling the engine smash.gif and replacing the battery tray sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
JStroud
My room is booked!!! piratenanner.gif drunk.gif
markb
Hmmm, I too may come out of hibernation to make this one. smile.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(markb @ Nov 15 2014, 01:01 PM) *

beerchug.gif Do it !
hydroliftin
I booked mine.
euro911
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 15 2014, 02:47 PM) *
beerchug.gif Do it !
By all means popcorn[1].gif
Elliot Cannon

You could just drive down form work right? biggrin.gif
markb
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 16 2014, 03:49 PM) *

You could just drive down form work right? biggrin.gif

Pretty much. biggrin.gif
914_teener
Booked.....

Thought he said two clean beds....my hearing is going...

Two queen beds. I started laughing. beer.gif
Mike Bellis
This West Coast Ramble will be epic! piratenanner.gif
Elliot Cannon
I booked my room about 7 years ago. And it's free. (Kinda) laugh.gif
euro911
That's known as Cost Avoidance shades.gif
mtndawg
This is the same weekend as the 356 club's north meets south down the road.
don-6
The 356 Club will be just down the road in Cambria. It will be great to see some other P-cars in the area. Maybe we will cross over and end up in the same locations.
jim_hoyland
Could a printable flyer be posted on this thread ? I can post flyers in the local P shops and leave flyers on 914's at various local events. Just needs to provides the basic: Where, when, etc and a link to this thread or a link to a registration form.

A nice flyer that can be downloaded might ensure a larger turnout ?
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(don-6 @ Nov 17 2014, 08:02 PM) *

The 356 Club will be just down the road in Cambria. It will be great to see some other P-cars in the area. Maybe we will cross over and end up in the same locations.

Kinda like we did for the WCR 2013 in The Dalles. We drove down to Maupin, Oregon at the Deschutes River and the RendezVW Westfaia Meet was going on.

How they saw us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKMQTPsJVZ0
montoya 73 2.0
How we saw them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCI7jKGFjlQ
montoya 73 2.0
this is on friday, when we stopped. You can see NORD at about :33 walking towards the camera. RIP my friend sad.gif beerchug.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT5Funujolg
Mike D.
The 356 club event is why we're not staying in Cambria. There were just no rooms left! And what there was were very expensive. C914SOB's :-)

Working on a flyer, didn't think about posting it though, good idea Jim. Thanks!
76-914
Poster? Maybe a psychedelic poster from the period that they were built. Calling Jim Franklin.
StratPlayer
yo
montoya 73 2.0
Whats going on with party supplies? Can we bring some beer for the parkinglot festivities or is that being taken care of? I can try to work my magic again ti get a local brewery to donate some beer! Since I just moved back to Paso Robles, I can hit up Firestone Brewery!
Mueller
Booked a room...now I have 159 days as of today to save some money and buy a 914!

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 21 2014, 09:03 PM) *

Booked a room...now I have 159 days as of today to save some money and buy a 914!

Just buy one when you get there. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 21 2014, 11:23 PM) *

Didn't they give one away at the Portland WCR ?
Mueller
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 22 2014, 05:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 21 2014, 11:23 PM) *

Didn't they give one away at the Portland WCR ?

Wouldn't matter if they did, I never win anything.... sad.gif
Blue6
Booked the room. Seems the teeners booked all the fancy a$$ north end ocean view rooms. They had to put late reservations in the south end. Leamon, hopefully you will have an empty lift and some time after the 1st of the year. She needs some work.
Socalandy
Booked driving.gif
pisces914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 6 2014, 02:55 PM) *

An early WCC from 2004? Count the record number of cars; we should break the attendance record at 2015 WCR--mark the calendars ! smile.gif

Anyone recognize any of these cars ?

yup - i was there!!! '76 silver one not in the front row - it was awesome for the guys who rented the track that day to let us do a few parade laps - i still have the photo!!

cheers, brad in seattle
pisces914
booked and ready to go - anyone driving down from seattle and south from there

thanks for putting this together

its been a bunch of years sine my last 914 event

cheers, brad in seattle
hndyhrr
I will be there, going to stay in Atascadero at my nieces house. See ya then.
pisces914
how about a track day at buttonwillow?

i hope there is a track or auto-x event!!!
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif
Mueller
Looks like I'll have an extra bed...and still 914-less at the moment so if anyone has an empty passenger seat?!
euro911
Trade an empty bed for an empty seat?

I'm old, so I snore laugh.gif

confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
If you come down the coast through Big Sur (very recommended), If you can find it and don't go roaring past it try this place for lunch. http://nepenthebigsur.com/
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 9 2014, 10:22 AM) *

If you come down the coast through Big Sur (very recommended), If you can find it and don't go roaring past it try this place for lunch. http://nepenthebigsur.com/

Elyut, what's the travel time difference between taking the 101 vs the 15? Google said 30 min's. Is that correct? I'd much rather take the scenic route if it isn't too much longer. And don't forget to check in with your Parole Officer this time. I thought for sure he was going to revoke your parole after that last trip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.