Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
euro911
laugh.gif - slap.gif

Yeah, I'm in for a new badge ... not a toe-tag though.

Maybe you can make the measly $6.00 optional, for those who do want a nice engraved 914World tag.

Since one is regularly $10.00 (or $15.00 shipped) - what's not to like? confused24.gif
dlkawashima
Bits and pieces cribbed together from other people's artwork ...

Click to view attachment
BuddyV
The lodge was booked solid.... but I am confirmed at a local, way-overpriced-but-extremely-cool-on-the-beach place nearby!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the registration info....

aktion035.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif

Click to view attachment
Mike D.
HI Everyone! We're getting really close to opening the Official Registration for the event. Still working out the final details for the awards banquet. As soon as that is set in stone we will be up and running!
This is going to great event and fun for everyone. beer.gif Can't wait to see everyone there!
-Mike D.
Disorganiser 1 :-)

ps - do we have a wine and cheese smilie?
euro911
Check your PM inbox, Mike type.gif
MATCHBOX914
Can we get a count of Swappers for the meet and what your bringing. party.gif
Blue6
I'll be bringing up a pair of 911 frt calipers ( never used since rebuild by PMB), a 911 5 lug front susp and brakes, rear 5 lug conversion, early targa top, early dash, 2- 8 grand tachs, misc gauges, center console, and what ever else I remove from the car before then.
JRust
Seriously a swap meet at WCR confused24.gif . I can see the appeal somewhat. Problem is for the weekend & event's. Who the hell is bringing a load of stuff. Won't most of us be in our 914's. I know my car will be loaded with my stuff just to make it through the weekend. I won't have room to bring anything home. Guess there will be some closer that it may work? I guess I'll go on a nice drive during the swap evilgrin.gif
Mike D.
The more Don, Leamon and I have been "planning", we've nixed the idea of a formal swap for the event. However, as there is plenty of "stand around in the parking lot and BS" time over the course of the weekend I see no reason why you couldn't set out a few items to swap if you want. My car will be full of wine and cheese... melted cheese :-)
MATCHBOX914
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jan 26 2015, 10:39 PM) *

The more Don, Leamon and I have been "planning", we've nixed the idea of a formal swap for the event. However, as there is plenty of "stand around in the parking lot and BS" time over the course of the weekend I see no reason why you couldn't set out a few items to swap if you want. My car will be full of wine and cheese... melted cheese :-)

There will be one room available for those on the list.
jim_hoyland
The highway along the central coast from Carmel to San Lois Obispo was made for porsche driving, a ton of fun...

jim_hoyland
Plus great views and many great photo-op sites; this one is at Ragged Point, just north of San Simeon.
Mike D.
icon_bump.gif
REGISTRATION INFO IS UP ON THE FIRST PAGE!

Yes, I'm Yelling! cheer.gif party.gif cheer.gif
pisces914
registered for me and wifester - thanks guys

track day or auto-x in the mix?! buttonwillow is the closest! driving.gif
Mike Bellis
Registered! piratenanner.gif

Ma plus 2...
VegasRacer

Click to view attachment

You sent $70.00 USD
to heeltoe914@aol.com

rocking nana.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif flag.gif
Larmo63
Will there be search parties for those of us who aren't sure how close our car would get to San Simeon before blowing up? help.gif The 2056 is ready to go in, but I still have so much more to do. My trusty 1.7 is running pretty good around town.

Do people bring acoustic guitars? I might leave the lady home and ride with my Martin safely in the passenger seat……

Gawd, this does sound fun!
Elliot Cannon
Is there an itinerary yet? When and where we gonna do what we gonna do? biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
Registered piratenanner.gif beer.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 29 2015, 11:01 PM) *
Do people bring acoustic guitars? I might leave the lady home and ride with my Martin safely in the passenger seat……
Gawd, this does sound fun!

I carry my old beaten Stella that's been around the country a few times, in the Neverland II (RV) smile.gif Wont sound like the Martin but its got Character!
Still unsure Ill make this trip but if'n I do Ill be camped in the lot. rolleyes.gif beer3.gif
jim_hoyland
Payment sent....90 days and counting.
MartyYeoman
Registration information submitted and the appropriate funding deposited. driving.gif
JRust
Registration sent for me & a guest. As well as 4 extra shirts. Not sure if my guest will be my wife or one of the kids at this point.
strawman
Registered my wife and I. My 914 won't be ready (has it REALLY been six years?!?!?), but we'll still bring a fun German car...
mgp4591
QUOTE(strawman @ Jan 31 2015, 09:29 AM) *

Registered my wife and I. My 914 won't be ready (has it REALLY been six years?!?!?), but we'll still bring a fun German car...

Nice to know I won't be the only one without my car- trying hard but don't think it's gonna be ready. Now it's between the bike (again!) or the Subaru... no fun German cars for me yet. dry.gif
Andyrew
At this point what hotel are people using? (Since the original one is booked...)

NO itinerary at this point? Will events start Thursday or Friday? (Determining if we should drive up early Friday or stay the night Thursday. Only going to miss one day of work at this point.)
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 31 2015, 03:07 PM) *

At this point what hotel are people using? (Since the original one is booked...)

NO itinerary at this point? Will events start Thursday or Friday? (Determining if we should drive up early Friday or stay the night Thursday. Only going to miss one day of work at this point.)

Nice! piratenanner.gif
Mike D.
I just have a rough schedule right now. Most everything will be Friday and Saturday.

Thursday we will have a fun route planned from the LA area to the Hotel with little or no Freeway time. smile.gif - Everyone should feel free to make local plans for a fun route.
Thurs. night is just check in, meet and greet, parking lot chit chat.
Friday there will be two separate tours as I have been informed that many folks don't care too much for wine or would prefer to drive more. So we plan to have a longer driving tour and a more local wine tasting tour. Then in the afternoon some games and car show. And Dinner is on your own.
Saturday is going to be a group tour with several photo op stops up and down Hwy 1. We are working out some specific details for this tour. A picnic lunch will be provided on this tour. Afternoon is more games and general parking lot malaise. Saturday Evening will be the awards banquet dinner and raffle/prizes etc.
Sunday is Bye Bye.
No Race, No Track time, Sorry to racers. But there will almost always be something going on. And time for you to look around and do some things on your own if you'd like.
If you want to visit the Hearst Castle, I recommend going on their website and pre-purchase tickets for a tour so you don't have to wait two hours when you get there.

Lots of fun with great 914 Friends!
Andyrew
Mike, thanks for the breakdown, that helps a lot
forrestkhaag
Susan and I are in!
bmendel
Anyone else notice that the 356 Club's Annual North Meets South is happening the same dates about 10 miles away in Cambria?
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(bmendel @ Feb 2 2015, 11:15 AM) *

Anyone else notice that the 356 Club's Annual North Meets South is happening the same dates about 10 miles away in Cambria?

356 meet in Cambria already discussed

I wont have my car either, Looking for a empty seat on the Wine Tour! poke.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 2 2015, 12:11 PM) *

If I do the wine tour you are welcome in my car ... smile.gif
euro911
... just as long as you can keep your wine down in the twisties poke.gif
mgp4591
As long as we're begging for rides, I'll be needing one also PLEEZE. Jamie, looks like your seat is filled so I didn't even ask! And I never spill my drinks- usually water anyway... biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 2 2015, 07:23 PM) *

As long as we're begging for rides, I'll be needing one also PLEEZE. Jamie, looks like your seat is filled so I didn't even ask! And I never spill my drinks- usually water anyway... biggrin.gif

Yeah I hope to have my wife with me. If not that hopefully one of my kids. Always hard to predict what will be happening then. We've got a family vacation to Disney World in a couple weeks. So my wife's vacation time will most likely be eaten up. Mine is no big deal so just depends what my son has going on. One of my girls is possible too but a little hard that time of year with her. So the odds are probably just as good I may be by myself rolleyes.gif . Bringing my son to Route 66. So won't be a big deal if he can't make WCR. Basically I don't know what the hell is happening other than I plan to be there evilgrin.gif
MartyYeoman
Clear as mud, Jamie.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 2 2015, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 2 2015, 12:11 PM) *

If I do the wine tour you are welcome in my car ... smile.gif

thumb3d.gif YOU THE MAN! Thank you Jim.

On a side note, I may need to go back up to Oregon that weekend to retrieve some of my stuff at the ex's. I'm trying to put it off till the following month. I have to play nicely for a few more months!!!!! KMA.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Feb 3 2015, 09:38 AM) *

Clear as mud, Jamie.

I do try to be as clear as I possibly can't Marty happy11.gif
McMark
Can't remember if I registered. Is there a list somewhere? tooth.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 4 2015, 10:11 AM) *

Check your paypal account. smile.gif
76-914
Payment sent to heeltoe@areyoukiddingmeAOL.com
jim_hoyland
What are people using for lodging since the first place has booked up ?
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif

Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 8 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Ah Reno. I can almost see my Creamsicle up on the trailer evilgrin.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 4 2015, 10:11 AM) *

I get a list together and post it on the main page. We shame everyone into registering! biggrin.gif
green914
Registration fees sent! biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 8 2015, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 8 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Ah Reno. I can almost see my Creamsicle up on the trailer evilgrin.gif

Click to view attachment

as you wish!
914_teener
Check in the Mail tonight.

See ya guys there. Not sure how I am getting the car there...flat tow or drive yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.