Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
JRust
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Apr 7 2015, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 7 2015, 06:27 PM) *

I am splitting a room with Chris from Vegas. So my room is available if someone wants my reservation. I'll be canceling it at the end of the week if nobody jumps on it

pm sent

Just called Renee so you just need to call & they will swap it to you. Looking forward to meeting you at WCR.
914_teener
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 8 2015, 05:51 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 8 2015, 02:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 7 2015, 10:23 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 7 2015, 02:13 PM) *

I can't leave until about 10 AM for me on Thursday....that way we'll skip traffic anyway until we are out of LA County.

I know Mike will probably chime in on this eventually. I was thinking of the 101 route near Solvang instead of the Central Valley route. If you are coming from Vegas though that be longer for ya.

Not by much, relatively speaking. +50 miles and 1 hour.
I traditionally stop at the Barstow In-n-Out for food/getting off my butt. So after further consideration, more likely now to be around Oxnard 2-3ish.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chris, I'll be in Vegas overnite Wednesday and would love to meet up for the cruise into SoCal and up the coast if you can stand the company of a lowly Subaru Impreza...

We fly into Palm Springs Thursday morning around 11:00 am If decide to go through PS and the southern route we would like to connect. Either way we could catch you guys.

This is the route I was thinking of.

Except I have to go on the other side of the San Gabriels 210 to 101 through Oxnard.

76-914
FWIW, we plan on eating lunch in Thousand Oaks around noon if anyone else wants to join up there. From there it will be the 101 to the 1 to San Simeon. ETA 1700hrs.
Chris914n6
The more the merrier.

Don't know what route JP took for Route 66, hopefully he'll chime in. I can't speak for the others if they want to deal with the mid day Valley traffic. Stop and go traffic will not make my knee happy.

This is 1:30pm today. Destination is some random shopping center in Ventura on the forward side of the freeways.
IPB Image

Picking up Rick.
IPB Image

Possible compromise rendezvous at the 15 and 210.
IPB Image
914_teener
It seems like it is ALWAYS bad going through the San Fernando Valley until you get to about Camarillo.

Almost makes you wanna take the PCH.
Chris914n6
It's too windy to work on the car..... so I've been playing with ideas.

It looks like Rick should make Ventura County around 3pm. To meet him there we should leave Vegas around 9:14 am aktion035.gif

We'll just need someone local to pick a good lunch stop in the Ventura vicinity and lead us out-of-towners through the twisties av-943.gif Or we'll just copy the caravan leaving before us beer.gif

If Googles accurate, we'll be in San Simeon 7ish.
JStroud
I'm not going to make it, if anyone needs my hotel reservation let me know.
Jeff

Room Gone!
Mike Bellis
I will be arriving in San Simeon on Wednesday afternoon. Just in case anyone else is stupid early.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 8 2015, 01:59 PM) *

Don't know what route JP took for Route 66, hopefully he'll chime in.

Your 'Picking up Rick' map looks about right.
I-15 to Cima Road. Kelso train Station. Amboy on Rt 66. Hwy 62 to I-10.
Going home I took I-10 to Hwy 95 North. (more traffic and less passing zones)
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 8 2015, 10:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 8 2015, 01:59 PM) *

Don't know what route JP took for Route 66, hopefully he'll chime in.

Your 'Picking up Rick' map looks about right.
I-15 to Cima Road. Kelso train Station. Amboy on Rt 66. Hwy 62 to I-10.
Going home I took I-10 to Hwy 95 North. (more traffic and less passing zones)

When you leaving JP? You always pick the best route! aktion035.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 8 2015, 08:53 PM) *

When you leaving JP? You always pick the best route! aktion035.gif

I plan to leave Vegas Wednesday afternoon. I will take I-15 to Hwy 2, the Angels Crest Highway and drop in the L.A. area on the 101.
Then I can join the *official* caravan from the start on Thursday morning. MDB2.gif

(I haven't been to the James Dean memorial since 2006 so that will be part of the route home.)
StratPlayer
John, wife an I are planning on spending tue, night in vegas, then on our way wed. Maybe we can hook up and have a cocktail. beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 9 2015, 07:48 AM) *

John, wife an I are planning on spending tue, night in vegas, then on our way wed. Maybe we can hook up and have a cocktail. beerchug.gif

Looking forward to seeing you Jim. Did Eric get your car done?
StratPlayer
No not yet, they have plenty of time. Looking forward to this....be happy to see you again...
76-914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 9 2015, 11:06 AM) *

No not yet, they have plenty of time. Looking forward to this....be happy to see you again...

I'll be looking for ya, Jim. Be sure to give those lungs a good rest. av-943.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 9 2015, 12:25 PM) *

I'll be looking for ya, Jim. Be sure to give those lungs a good rest. av-943.gif

Oh no. assimilate.gif I can see this going down a treacherous path. very_first_smiley[1].gif

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 9 2015, 07:48 AM) *

Sent you a PM Jim. type.gif
914werke
Ok off the fence looks like Ill be able to attend at least for an over night. Gonna be blasting down the 5 driving.gif tip a few beer3.gif with you fine crew, then PU a roller and back to to the PNW. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

Money Sent
euro911
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 10 2015, 05:13 PM) *
Ok off the fence looks like Ill be able to attend at least for an over night. Gonna be blasting down the 5 driving.gif tip a few beer3.gif with you fine crew, then PU a roller and back to to the PNW. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

Money Sent
Cool. beerchug.gif

Check your PM inbox, Rich type.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 8 2015, 07:20 PM) *

I will be arriving in San Simeon on Wednesday afternoon. Just in case anyone else is stupid early.

Make that Wednesday evening. Can't leave until 2pm... Should be in San Simeon around 6pm...
76-914
We're ting for 0400-0600. The wife and I are hitting some vintage and antique shops in Cambria on Thursday if anyone else wants to join in. This venture is usually good for 50 brownie points and enables me to attend these events. biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 8 2015, 01:23 PM) *

FWIW, we plan on eating lunch in Thousand Oaks around noon if anyone else wants to join up there. From there it will be the 101 to the 1 to San Simeon. ETA 1700hrs.

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 11 2015, 07:00 AM) *

We're ting for 0400-0600. The wife and I are hitting some vintage and antique shops in Cambria on Thursday if anyone else wants to join in.

Count me in. MDB2.gif

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 8 2015, 09:50 PM) *

I plan to leave Vegas Wednesday afternoon. I will take I-15 to Hwy 2, the Angels Crest Highway and drop in the L.A. area on the 101.

I've got a hotel near the Pier in Santa Monica Wed night. (anybody recommend a favorite joint for crab legs?)
Breakfast on the beach and a nice canyon run should put me in 1000 Oaks for lunch. biggrin.gif Pick a place.
euro911
Just checked - I booked a room for Wednesday night (4/29) through Saturday night (5/2).

Anybody else from So Cal also going up on Wednesday? confused24.gif

popcorn[1].gif
76-914
yep. Me and the wife are leaving Wed as well. Right around 1000hr's. Should have noted that in my last post. slap.gif So, yes we plan on Thousand Oaks area lunch Wed. Sorry if that messed you up John.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 12 2015, 07:34 AM) *

Me and the wife are leaving Wed as well. . . . . Sorry if that messed you up John.

I have all day to cover 250 miles up the California coast in my Porsche. smile.gif I promise I will get along just fine.
euro911
I'm sure you'll pass me up at some point then, John … laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
Bossman
I'll be coming in Wednesday night bringing the truck and trailer in case anyone has a mishap
Mike D.
Hi, Everyone. I know a few have been waiting for this. Sorry so late, but if anyone would like to join a caravan from the Santa Clarita area on Thurs. morning here is route I have planned. I have done this before and it's a lot of fun, with some great views and very little freeway driving. We can also stop by the James Dean Memorial and raise a glass (or a can smile.gif ) I was thinking 10 or 11ish, to give people time from south and east, and near the Magic Mountian Parkway exit.
Let me know if you are interested in joining so we don't leave anyone behind.
Mike D.
Hi, Everyone. I know a few have been waiting for this. Sorry so late, but if anyone would like to join a caravan from the Santa Clarita area on Thurs. morning here is route I have planned. I have done this before and it's a lot of fun, with some great views and very little freeway driving. We can also stop by the James Dean Memorial and raise a glass (or a can smile.gif ) I was thinking 10 or 11ish, to give people time from south and east, and near the Magic Mountian Parkway exit.
Let me know if you are interested in joining so we don't leave anyone behind.
Mike D.
Friday 4/30 we will have 2 separate tours. I have posted a poll to get a general head count for each. Please go check out the Poll and vote!
Thanks beerchug.gif
michael7810
It's a 6 hour drive from Phoenix. I don't think I'll get started early enough to make 10-11-ish. Have fun.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 13 2015, 07:55 AM) *

..... if anyone would like to join a caravan from the Santa Clarita area on Thurs. morning ..... Let me know if you are interested in joining so we don't leave anyone behind.

Let me know the time and place details when you nail it down, and I will be there. flag.gif
mgp4591
driving.gif icon_bump.gif driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
Is it too late to register? Looks like i'll be able to make it after all ...
driving.gif
montoya 73 2.0
just registered myself. cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

"Road glue pic" Tahoe 2010
don-6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 15 2015, 09:33 AM) *

driving.gif

Not too late Andy. Register as soon as possible.

Don
montoya 73 2.0
Don, PM sent.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(don-6 @ Apr 15 2015, 12:52 PM) *

driving.gif

Not too late Andy. Register as soon as possible.

Don

lol-2.gif

aktion035.gif dance.gif german01.gif
green914
We will be leaving from Sacramento on Wednesday driving.gif
Elliot Cannon

driving.gif

Don't show up without Amoy. wub.gif smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 15 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Don't worry, you'll have a hard time getting her off your lap ...
laugh.gif
euro911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 15 2015, 07:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 15 2015, 07:32 PM) *
Don't worry, you'll have a hard time getting her off your lap ...
laugh.gif
"When you lay down to nap, and she sits on your lap, that's Amoy"

poke.gif
streetrover
biggrin.gif
I'm in! Better late than never! beerchug.gif
76-914
9 days till we hit the road. piratenanner.gif Costco called and said my tires are in. One of my last unfinished "to do's" before we hit the road. I totally stoked for this one. Can't wait.
Mike D.
We have had a great response from Vendors/Sponsors for the WCR. You guys are in for some real treats at the raffle. In addition to these listed below we also have donations from Cap'n Krusty, Perry Khiel & McMark!
BIG THANKS to all you guys for making our event something special.
Mike D.
DAILY ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
914 West Coast Ramble April 30-May 3rd, 2015
Thursday April 30th:

5:00 - 8:00 PM - Sign-in at Hospitality Suite 106. Receive your Welcome Bag, T-shirt and Information Packet.
Hang out and make new friends.
Friday May 1st:

8:00 – 9:00 AM – Continental breakfast served and late Sign-in

9:00 AM – Driver’s Meeting for Driving Tour

9:14 AM – Leave for Driving Tour. Drive is approximately five hours with lunch stop in between. (gas up before-hand). Lunch will be held at a café and it is no host.

9:30 AM – Driver’s meeting for Wine Tour.

10:00 AM – Leave for Wine Tour. (gas up before-hand) We will stop at an overlook for a photo op, then on to our first winery. Tasting fees are between $5. & $15 and usually waived if you make a purchase. We will visit one more winery, then we will have lunch at our third winery stop. Lunch at winery will cost approximately $20pp, which is not included in the registration fee. There is an optional fourth winery after lunch for those who wish to drive Peachy Canyon. Approximately 4-5 hours.

Open lunch period for those not going on the drives – lots of restaurants in the area.

4:00 PM – Afternoon games and prizes, optional casual swap meet – in front of hospitality suite.

Open dinner period – lots of restaurants in the area.
Saturday May 2nd:

8:00 AM – Continental breakfast served

9:14 AM – Driver’s Meeting

9:30 AM – Leave for 356 Club visit

10:00 – 11:00 AM – Visit with 356 Club at Del Mar Park, Morro Bay

12:00 PM – Picnic at W.R. Hearst State Park in San Simeon, final judging for People’s Choice
Awards. Please turn in your ballots before you leave lunch. After lunch, scenic drive on Hwy 1 North to photo destinations. Approximately 3 hours (after lunch).

6:30 - 9:00 PM – Awards Banquet, hand in your Satisfaction Survey
Sunday May 3rd:

9:14 AM – no host group breakfast Have a safe drive home!
jim_hoyland
Great schedule Mike; looking forward to this WCR !
Heeltoe914
But if you guys think we're letting all the surprises out of the bag you're wrong!!!!!!!! cheer.gif beerchug.gif But you must be there for the fun and experience. Registration is still open. Hotels still have rooms in the area. And there's still time to get your 914 on the road and going.... Looking forward to seeing you all soon....
914_teener
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 17 2015, 02:25 PM) *

We have had a great response from Vendors/Sponsors for the WCR. You guys are in for some real treats at the raffle. In addition to these listed below we also have donations from Cap'n Krusty, Perry Khiel & McMark!
BIG THANKS to all you guys for making our event something special.

Thanks guys....Mike, Leamon, Don.....and other halves and our member/sponsors

Should be fun, looking forward to it.
76-914
OK, I decided. My wife told me that we want to do the wine tour.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 18 2015, 04:21 PM) *

OK, I decided. My wife told me that we want to do the wine tour.

Free points. happy11.gif still twisty roads for us and wine for the better half How can a guy loose. grouphug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.