Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Rick & Sandy on on there way..Safe Travels..
Larmo63
StratPlayer found his keys to the Nepal Orange '76.

….they were right where he put them!
Larmo63
Rooms are nice, the view is okay, it is a bit colder than SoCal here, all in all a nice place to have this event.
SocalKaren
Mini caravan,Ventura April 30th, heading North to WCR.
socalAndy, Jim, Rick and Sandy Ollah
SocalKaren
Nice sunglasses Sandy!
SocalKaren
Rocket appreciates the nice beds!
oldschool
hissyfit.gif MAN! due to T-shirt production and....Camera work. I missed it.
Mike Bellis
I would like to extend a big thank you to the organizers, family and froends for making this a great WCR!

It was a great weekend. Got home about an hour ago, unpacked and glad I am off work tomorrow.

Sir Andy, I need to pace myself when drinking with you... drunk.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I also would like to thank this years ring-masters of the circus we call our world family members WCR meet! Every year i look forward to seeing my porsche family and every year you never disapoint me. From the first member i met (joe sharp in tahoe) to the most recent (cj in san simeon), you all remind me of the passion for our cars and give me the motivation i need. Thanks again for the awesome weekend that every year i second guess about spending the money to attend, but its totally worth every penny!!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 3 2015, 01:59 PM) *
Sir Andy, I need to pace myself when drinking with you... drunk.gif

biggrin.gif
914_teener
Just got home. Finally lost the ignition switch stopping in Fillmore stopping for a cup of coffee and to drain the radiator...so to speak. Turned the key and no joy. As fortune would have it, parked on purpose on a hill...turn the key and popped started it like the old days when I couldn't afford a new battery. biggrin.gif

It was great seeing old friends and community members that I have not met before. Especially the guys from up North that drove a long way to this event. It was a beautiful site (San Simeon) and my wife and I had a great time. The drives and country scenes were absolutely spectacular. It is not often folks of such diverse backgrounds can get together to talk about our common interest.....our cars.

Special thanks to Sir Andy...who makes this site possible along with others. The sponsors for the event, PMB, 914 Rubber, Original Customs, and especially Tina, Don, Mike, Erin and Leamon who put it all together.

Sorry for the long post, but it takes a lot of work to do this and just wanted to express our appreciation.

Rob and Susan

euro911
I had an awesome time from start to finish … except getting sick barf.gif a few hours after the award dinner, but that's another story for another time.

Major kudos to the event coordinating team, everything was superbly executed from beginning to end beerchug.gif

It was really good to see old friends as well as meeting new ones. In addition, it was a real pleasure to finally shake hands with established members that were only avatars, forum posts and phone conversations for so many years shades.gif

I'll add that WCR 2015 is gonna be hard to beat, but looking forward to 2016 and [hopefully] many more to come …

Thank you all for making it another great event to remember ! party.gif
Andyrew
Fantastic event, very well organized! We especially liked the wine tour!

Met some great people and had some wonderful conversations, look forward to the next one! Maybe I can convince Jerika to setup a napa/murphys/lodi wine tour smile.gif

smile.gif
JRust
Thanks to all the organizers! You guys put on a great WCR. Turnout was awesome & things were well planned start to finish. Absolutely great weekend. I just made it home safely biggrin.gif
Blue6
Ok all you West Coast Ramblers, looking for the owner of a heavily cracked dash top, probably a core. Last night someone left it by my trailer. Unknown if it was supposed to go to someone, or if it was discarded. LMK....
Also thank you to everyone that participated, and special thanx to the event organizers. Outstanding time ! biggrin.gif
Mike D.
Hi all, home safe and sound! 2 beers and 2 margaritas for relaxation. beer3.gif

I really want, again, to thank everyone who came out to the event. YOU are the ones who make these events great. I also know of several folks who really wanted to come out and thank you guys too. All the chatter keeps the thread on the first page and really brings awareness for the WCR.

I also want to thank all our sponsors again, and those who stepped up at the last minute and helped.

Mark D. / McMark brought a bunch vintage WCR/WCC items, and Original Customs shirts that we gave away. Thanks!

John P. / VegasRacer, who is a collector of really cool car art and custom P-car license plates, gave us some Route 66 shirts and a great WCR '09 license plate. If you were there in '09 then you already have one.

John / Kapt'n Crusty donated some vintage 914 Ramble hats and a great piece of 914 art, that went home with VegasRacer, of course!

Someone else also threw in a couple of R66 shirts that went into the raffle. Erin couldn't remember who. Thanks smile.gif

BIG BIG thanks to Mark W. / mikey914 and the entire 914Rubber.com family! "Seven!" beerchug.gif It was great to finally meet you guys. Thanks for all the great give aways and for livening up the eternal raffle! We were so lucky to have TOO many donations!

Eric S. at PMB for the give away that Everyone wants, including me.

Jaime / Oldskool, American Printworks, came through with our great T-shirts when it was crunch time. Thanks.

Jenna B. at Sierra Madre Collection
Mark T. at Stoddard
Alex W. at PreTech Motorsports
Dave B. at TREMotosport
Alex and family at Resotration Design
Craig at Camp914
Steve M. at Fourteener Magazine (I've got that article coming, I promise!)
Perry K. at 914Limited
Carrie S. and 914Central

SirAndy, for whom none of this would be possible!

Don and Tina Cameron for all the help
Leamon Stansell (123skylights.com for the banner and stickers) for all the experience and help.
And of course my wife! Never forget the wife in a thank you speech! biggrin.gif

This is like an Oscar speech, I probably forgot someone, but I hope not.
Love this event, I had a great time and look forward to someone else doing this next year! smile.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
green914
Just want to say thank you to all the organizers and sponsors of the 2015 WCR. We had a great time smilie_pokal.gif awesome event.
Big thanks to Mark for getting our car running so we could enjoy some of the driving.

Thanks,
Jerry & Cynthia
Mueller
Thanks to the sponsors and thanks to the organizers...

I had a GREAT time....

Thank you Jim H for letting me drive your 914 on Friday...

Thank you Sandy for letting me drive the 996 Turbo all day Saturday, my drive home was boring....now 385hp is not enough for a daily driver!

Very inspirational event, I will be making more of an effort to get my car(s) on the road ASAP.

I hope to bring the wife and kids next time...it was a very expensive trip for me..well, not me directly..the wife took the twins to SF for the weekend and was not shy with the Amex card!

Oh yea, and thanks to those that had to remind me I am damn near bald...what I heard from more than one person: "I thought that was you, you had more hair last time I saw you!"

I also showed massive amounts of restraint..someone was selling a decent set of 2Liter Fuchs for $300 that I passed on, it was so tempting!
forrestkhaag
A great time for all and we appreciate the efforts put forth by the organizers. Susan and I had to miss the banquet and awards ceremonies due to other social plans in Cambria however we were fairly confident that, based on my car's condition, no certificate-paper would be wasted on our not being there......

Congratulations to all involved / Thru the blurry eyes of a 914nut, it looked like a mileOcars!!.

beerchug.gif Click to view attachment
sb914
Looks like more cars than were there.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 4 2015, 01:28 PM) *

Looks like more cars than were there.

No that's exactly how many cars that were photo-shopped photographed...
Andyrew
Yes, there was certainly 58 914's by the garage that day rolleyes.gif
sb914
That looks pretty suspicious , I don't recall all those cars in the first lot. But who knows I can't remember what I had for lunch smoke.gif
Socalandy
Had an Awesome time and a big thanks to the organizers and attendee's!!! looking forward to next year driving.gif
Larmo63
Nice Photoshop.
Mike D.
I got home with only 3 of the 4 Fourteener Motoring Magazine subscriptions that were given out at the raffle. If you are the fourth person send me a PM with your info.

Thanks, Now back to your regularly scheduled program.....
streetrover
Again...many, many thanks and kudos to the organizers of this event! Erin, Tina, Mike, Leamon and Don...you all did a magnificent job! I had a great time and returned home happy after having met many wonderful people! Is there now a new thread where we can post the pictures we took from the drives and gatherings? Also, I saw several folks with go-pro video cameras....I would love to get my hands on some video of the drives. 40+ 914's in a row along the coastal highway was truly inspirational! Oh and the twists and turns of Nacimiento (sp) Rd was awe inspiring! driving.gif

Bob
montoya 73 2.0
Post your pics or vid on the live event uploader.
streetrover
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 4 2015, 07:06 PM) *

Post your pics or vid on the live event uploader.

That'd be great! Is there a link?
don-6
Weird Cultural Reunion 2015! piratenanner.gif
Seaside6
Fantastic event. The organizers and organization was first class. Kudos to the team.

Great people and great cars in attendance. A good time was had by all I came in contact with.

Hopefully my car will be ready well before the next one.

Thanks for letting my non-914 hang around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.