Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
jim_hoyland
Just finished the name tags; looks like 48 cars and around 75 peeps. Gonna be a great event! 11 days to go..... smile.gif
JRust
Damn times a wasting! Get your cars ready. I'm pushing the envelope waiting for some parts. MY new front strut inserts & ball joints should be here wednesday. McMark is getting my trailing arm setup with his roller bearing setup. Should have that by the weekend. So next weekend will be the suspension should be on 7 my car as ready as it is getting.
Chris914n6
^^ Then I should probably put the engine back in the car av-943.gif and the BMC, and new fuel pump, and pedal cluster, and new gauge cluster, and interior, and something I'm forgetting right now.

Don't worry, I'm a professional, and I have the week free.
mgp4591
Well I changed out my trans and diff fluids, new coolant and an oil change, new brakes and checked all tire pressures so I'm ready to go! Oh, and it really doesn't count- it's on my Subaru... dry.gif
Mueller
I just called the hotel to confirm my reservation and I'm good to go!

No 914 for me this year...mine is still sitting across the street untouched waiting for a new motor sad.gif

I'll bring something German to drive, but hopefully I can bum a ride or two MDB2.gif
StratPlayer
PMB is cutting it close on getting my car done in time for the rally..... Here's hoping I have a 914 to bring to the rally.
mgp4591
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 20 2015, 12:40 PM) *

PMB is cutting it close on getting my car done in time for the rally..... Here's hoping I have a 914 to bring to the rally.

I saw it the other day after you and Gene got back from lunch- it's looking great! Hope it's done in time for you... popcorn[1].gif
Cj Honeycutt
I'm a student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo! I can't wait for this!

Also, Perfumo Canyon! Best driving road ever! driving-girl.gif
JRust
A week away & still no suspension on my car. LOL! Looking forward to next weekend. I need my group 914 fix driving.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 22 2015, 09:01 PM) *

A week away & still no suspension on my car. LOL! Looking forward to next weekend. I need my group 914 fix driving.gif

Better hurry up!
914_teener
I need that beer that Mike owes me...... beer3.gif

The bet.....remember.......fan.......drawing air from below. The bet?
76-914
Almost time for an "Image uploader thread". smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 22 2015, 10:21 PM) *

I don't remember agreeing to a bet. However, I do agree to buy you an adult beverage. smile.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 23 2015, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 22 2015, 10:21 PM) *

I don't remember agreeing to a bet. However, I do agree to buy you an adult beverage. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Every one have a safe journey. I can't leave until Thursday....wife has to work that morning. Taking the 101...gonna try to be through the SF Valley before 12...otherwise we will be late getting in.

Rob
green914
smoke.gif blink.gif wacko.gif just a few minor details to get car ready.
Mike D.
CARAVANS - lets all list the caravans meeting points again.
I think I have a group for some fun roads on the way up from Santa Clarita or the Valley.
10am at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf 28291 Newhall Ranch Rd, Valencia, CA 91355
Let me know if you want to join, we'll be going through Pine Mountain to Blue Star Memorial Hwy to Hwy46, James Dean memorial, etc.

Is any leaving LA on Friday? a Newbie is looking for a caravan, safety in numbers, you know!
Mike Bellis
I will be at 680/580 junction around 2:15pm Wednesday if anyone wants to tag along. Look for the 914 on a trailer. smile.gif
SirAndy
I'll be leaving the Bay Area on Thursday, early afternoon.

Starting in Oakland, going down #880 to #101, then cut over to #1 near Salinas and hitting #1 near Marina.

That should put me at the Hotel around 6pm ...
driving.gif

MartyYeoman
We're leaving mid-day on Wednesday and spending the night in Pacific Grove.
Then it's on the the WCR on Thursday. probably getting in by late afternoon.
Marty
r_towle
What a great looking drive down the coast....

Someday I will come for this one.

rich
michael7810
Hate to say it but I won't be able to make it this year. Work trip came up and I won't be back in time. I was really looking forward to this. I wish you all many safe and enjoyable miles in your 914s and hope to see you next year.
Cheers,
Mike
Andyrew
We will be leaving Thursday about 5:30. Probably get there about 10-11, so most of you will be asleep (Hopefully...)

Still havent decided on the Fiesta ST or her auto Genesis Coupe turbo. Leaning heavily towards the Fiesta, but she's no good with the clutch so it'll be me driving all the time.

Gotta remind myself to put the spare back in the Fiesta...
Chris914n6
The LV "Hangover" Caravan for out-of-staters on Thursday.

Meet, eat, then depart Mountain Top Cafe @ 1:00pm. Then driving.gif Angeles Nat Forest. Possible second meet & gas up in Valencia (Santa Clarita) Ventura around 2:30pm. 101/1 up the coast. Then what Mike D. said beer.gif
San Simeon about 9, or just in time for more drinking biggrin.gif

Times subject to adjustment depending upon participants. PM me if you want in.

//replaced map image
IPB Image
Mueller
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2015, 11:52 AM) *

I'll be leaving the Bay Area on Thursday, early afternoon.

Starting in Oakland, going down #880 to #101, then cut over to #1 near Salinas and hitting #1 near Marina.

That should put me at the Hotel around 6pm ...
driving.gif

I might take off from work at 12 and leave directly from Livermore to hopefully miss some of that traffic!

Have a funeral to go to on Thursday at 11:00..will go back home with the family and leave from there at ??

914_teener
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 23 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Meet, eat, then depart Mountain Top Cafe @ 1:00pm. Then driving.gif Angeles Nat Forest. Possible second meet & gas up in Valencia (Santa Clarita) around 2:30pm. Then what Mike D. said beer.gif

IPB Image

Are you sure you guys don't want to cut over on the 126 to Ventura and then up the coast side?
sb914
The wife and I are leaving the OC at 10:00am Wednesday morning,
Anyone leaving around that time in the area ?
76-914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 23 2015, 04:42 PM) *

Other side of the hills but same ETD.
wes
Just wondering is there a count of how many people are attending, sounds like a pretty good crowd.
pisces914
QUOTE(wes @ Apr 24 2015, 09:27 AM) *

Just wondering is there a count of how many people are attending, sounds like a pretty good crowd.

see page 1
Andyrew
Looks like 67 people, probably around 20 914's.
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 23 2015, 05:39 PM) *
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 23 2015, 04:42 PM) *
Other side of the hills but same ETD.
I have a room reservation for Wed evening, but not sure exactly what time I'll be on the road confused24.gif ... plus I'll probably be in the Westy, so I'll be driving S L O W dry.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(wes @ Apr 24 2015, 09:27 AM) *

Sorry, I haven't updated in while...more people and more cars! 82 people

Strawman
dlkawashima
jim_hoyland
76-914
Bossman
green914
wes real
michael7810
McMark
mgp4591
rick 918s
Mueller
olsib914
914 Teener
sb914
JRust
Marty Yeoman
Blue6
Hydroliftin
PDXMike
Mikey914
JStroud
seaside6
Elliot Cannon
Andyrew
euro911
Socalandy
911Ixc
72wrx
George
Larmo 63
Hndyhrr
rdauenhauer
Forrestkhaag
SirAndy
Montoya 73 2.0
streetover
Chris914n6
Cj Honeycutt
Greg G
Reece C.
Jim
Sherwood

AND everybodys Plus 1

It's a party! aktion035.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 23 2015, 05:11 PM) *

Meet, eat, then depart Mountain Top Cafe @ 1:00pm. Then driving.gif Angeles Nat Forest. Possible second meet & gas up in Valencia (Santa Clarita) around 2:30pm. Then what Mike D. said beer.gif

IPB Image

Are you sure you guys don't want to cut over on the 126 to Ventura and then up the coast side?

That sounds like a good option for us landlocked mountain dwellers. The more ocean views I get the better I'm thinkin'. But others here know the roads better and that's what it really comes down to- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ROADS!! aktion035.gif
JRust
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 20 2015, 11:40 AM) *

If yours isn't done Jim. You are driving my 914 for at least one of the tours. Your wife can ride along & I'll hop in a spare passenger seat. That is assuming I don't fuch it up again before you get the chance confused24.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 23 2015, 03:11 PM) *

I'm not married to it. So far only Me and Mike (mgp4591) are known to be coming from Vegas/the South East. I can drive this route home, I have to stop in Pasadena anyways. If there is more interest in a coastal route then as long as the time frame works.
Taking Pearblossom instead of Angeles Mtns cut an hour from the drive if an earlier depart time is needed.
forrestkhaag
This event will be a blast / and as a former employer of many, the orginazation required to pull if off is a tremendous flag.gif effort. Special thanks to the org.

I am driving up Thursday and my lovely wife is following in her SUV (custom 914 tow bar install tow truck) on Friday. beerchug.gif

Of course Larmo63 will be strutting around the grounds with his newly installed thru-hood gas cap assembly ( completed in my shop in Laguna) and well done in one session to-boot. the hole saw is headed for my hood soon.............

See you all there. flag.gif

StratPlayer
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 24 2015, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 20 2015, 11:40 AM) *

If yours isn't done Jim. You are driving my 914 for at least one of the tours. Your wife can ride along & I'll hop in a spare passenger seat. That is assuming I don't fuch it up again before you get the chance confused24.gif

Talked with eric today, he assurred me that I will be able to pick up the car monday evening. Cutting it close, we're leaving tuesday. So it looks good for me having my teener for this event. Thanks Jamie for the offer.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 24 2015, 06:25 PM) *

Talked with eric today, he assurred me that I will be able to pick up the car monday evening. Cutting it close, we're leaving tuesday. So it looks good for me having my teener for this event. Thanks Jamie for the offer.

I hope you're putting it on a trailer. That's a long maiden voyage...
G e o r g e
I screwed up and landed to many jobs, and now cannot get away next thursday or friday, so I am going to miss this WCR.

Second room is available, I will cancel my reservation Sunday.
forrestkhaag
Is there an updated schedule of events available for drive and arrival timing? thanks
Mueller
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Apr 24 2015, 09:17 PM) *

I screwed up and landed to many jobs, and now cannot get away next thursday or friday, so I am going to miss this WCR.

Bummer, I looked forward to meeting you in person.

76-914
Looking forward to a few days off. piratenanner.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 25 2015, 07:22 AM) *
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Apr 24 2015, 09:17 PM) *

Bummer, I looked forward to meeting you in person.
Yeah, me too, G e o r g e ... slap.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 24 2015, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 24 2015, 06:25 PM) *

I hope you're putting it on a trailer. That's a long maiden voyage...

Yes its going on a trailer to the ramble.
montoya 73 2.0
*Update: I must interupt your regularly scheduled programming for this important news! Elliot Cannon, I repeat Elliot Cannon is not in San Simeon waiting for everyone to arrive at the WCR! He is still in Paso Robles! That is all...return to your usual programming.
Mike Bellis
Where is the WCR event uploader thread? Sir Andy? I think it's time... smile.gif
McMark
It's up!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 26 2015, 01:36 PM) *

It's up!

piratenanner.gif KMA.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 25 2015, 02:55 PM) *

*Update: I must interupt your regularly scheduled programming for this important news! Elliot Cannon, I repeat Elliot Cannon is not in San Simeon waiting for everyone to arrive at the WCR! He is still in Paso Robles! That is all...return to your usual programming.

Heh, heh! That wasn't really me. av-943.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 23 2015, 11:40 AM) *

CARAVANS - I think I have a group for some fun roads on the way up from Santa Clarita or the Valley.
10am at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf 28291 Newhall Ranch Rd, Valencia, CA 91355
Let me know if you want to join, we'll be going through Pine Mountain to Blue Star Memorial Hwy to Hwy46, James Dean memorial, etc.

I will see you there with a clean windshield and a full tank of gas. coffee.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.