Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Blue6
See ya Thurs afternoon......
Mike D.
Hello Ramblers! Your fearless leaders just had a goodie bag stuffing party and we're just about ready to hit the road! Well, Thursday anyway, I'll be ready then...
And I thought what should I bring...."Car, pants, jacket, shoes, clean underwear..."

But seriously:
*folding chair
*sun screen
*hat
*jacket
*small cooler with drinks and snacks - this is important for the Friday drives and Saturday picnic and drive. Please, everyone, get a some drinks and snacks for yourself to carry in a cooler for our drives on Friday and Saturday. We are stopping for meals but please channel your inner boy scout and be prepared. aktion035.gif cheer.gif driving.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Apr 25 2015, 07:11 AM) *

Is there an updated schedule of events available for drive and arrival timing? thanks

Itinerary is listed in a post on page 23.Thanks!
euro911
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Apr 24 2015, 09:17 PM) *
I screwed up and landed to many jobs, and now cannot get away next thursday or friday, so I am going to miss this WCR.

Well, looks like I lost my 914 ride while at the WCR dry.gif

Anybody have an empty seat available? I have gas $ (and a Go Pro) shades.gif
VegasRacer
Is it time yet? popcorn[1].gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif
JRust
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 26 2015, 11:50 PM) *

I screwed up and landed to many jobs, and now cannot get away next thursday or friday, so I am going to miss this WCR.

I'll have an empty seat available. Should be multiple so you can spread yourself around. I've done a few this way. Nice to get the feel of some different drivetrain's over a weekend. Going to be fun weekend
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 26 2015, 11:50 PM) *

What? I thought the BB was running?? You didn't work on it again did you? av-943.gif Just kidding. I think my punch list is complete sans a car wash. See some of you Wednesday and the rest of ya'll Thrs. piratenanner.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif KMA.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif driving-girl.gif wacko.gif smoke.gif yellowsleep[1].gif lol-2.gif
914werke
OK w00t.gif
been a few yrs since I was able to attend ...
Gonna have to drive my truck down to tow a car home & to make time over the road.
So Ill be looking for a seat. smile.gif
euro911
Thanks, Jamie. Maybe I can get some more in-car footage to add to ERC's video? idea.gif (in addition to your repair session).

The 'BB' is running fine, Kent ... and I was originally planning on driving it there driving.gif

Then things took a turn and Rich was kind enough to transport my Honda Mini 50 down to the event from WA. Problem is that it won't fit in the 'BB'.

The only other German vehicle with enough space to finish the trip home is 'Eileen' confused24.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 27 2015, 11:34 AM) *

Thanks, Jamie. Maybe I can get some more in-car footage to add to ERC's video? idea.gif (in addition to your repair session).

The 'BB' is running fine, Kent ... and I was originally planning on driving it there driving.gif

Then things took a turn and Rich was kind enough to transport my Honda Mini 50 down to the event from WA. Problem is that it won't fit in the 'BB'.

The only other German vehicle with enough space to finish the trip home is 'Eileen' confused24.gif

Hey Mark, Elliott Cannon and myself are here in Paso Robles. I have a 2 car garage that is empty right now and could store it for you until you can come get it. Atleast its closer than WA? Let me know. I give JRust, McMark, Dr.Evil and E-L-L-I-O-T as references (I hope they are cool with that)!! Don't hold it against me.
76-914
What a deal piratenanner.gif . Now you gotta drive your 914, Mark. stirthepot.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 27 2015, 01:55 PM) *
What a deal piratenanner.gif . Now you gotta drive your 914, Mark. stirthepot.gif
It's something definitely worth pondering idea.gif

Unfortunately, I don't think Mr. Cannon will be gracing us with his presence at the next G&R&B dry.gif

Hmmm ...
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 27 2015, 04:39 PM) *

Unfortunately, I don't think Mr. Cannon will be gracing us with his presence at the next G&R&B dry.gif

Hmmm ...

That's OK. I"ll keep it till I come down next. biggrin.gif
Blue6
Mark, I'm bring an enclosed trailer, and would gladly bring your bike down. I'm in Brea. I've met you at a couple of G&R's.
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 27 2015, 06:04 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 27 2015, 04:39 PM) *

Hmmm ...
That's OK. I"ll keep it till I come down next. biggrin.gif
How come I can envision you trying to stuff it into the cargo hold on your plane? poke.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Apr 27 2015, 09:15 PM) *
Mark, I'm bring an enclosed trailer, and would gladly bring your bike down. I'm in Brea. I've met you at a couple of G&R's.
I appreciate the offer and that's another possible solution - we can discuss it over a few beers beerchug.gif It'd be easy enough for me to drive up to Brea and retrieve it afterwards idea.gif

Whatever the outcome, the 'BB's coming smile.gif

driving.gif
hndyhrr
Just about 47 and a half hours and. I am hitting the road! Wooooo Hooooo.
76-914
Hey Mark, Since the BB is going, do you want to meet up somewhere along on the way? We should be in Thousand Oaks/Oxnard area arounds 12:30, Wednesday?
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 28 2015, 06:43 AM) *
Hey Mark, Since the BB is going, do you want to meet up somewhere along on the way? We should be in Thousand Oaks/Oxnard area arounds 12:30, Wednesday?
Sure thing, Kent.

You're probably coming up the '5' though, right?

I'd be heading up the '405' mid-morning, so we could meet in 1k Oaks.

Isn't there a group gathering there for lunch anyway?
mgp4591
Just a last minute request- if anyone has some 911 rotor/hubs they'd like to exchange for cash at WCR, please send me a PM if you would. Not looking for a 5 lug conversion but the real, vented 911 type that many are using on their conversions. I'm looking for some to play with and eventually use and I thought this may be a good opportunity to check into this. If not so be it, it's still gonna be a blast!
PDXMike
Came home from dinner to find that the neighbor kid across the street had backed into my tow vehicle. Didn't look too bad, but the driver's door is sprung pretty good. It takes some lifting to get it shut and the top of the window frame is flapping in the breeze. Would be a long, loud ride down.

Insurance will pick up most of the cost to rent a replacement truck but I'll be picking up the gas for the 16ft box truck and flatbed trailer. They won't let me tow with anything smaller. I'm just thrilled they have something available.

Here's something funny, Penske wouldn't rent a truck and car trailer for a round trip. Has to be one way. Arguing with the phone rep was a bit like headbang.gif . Eventually I just agreed to rent it on one side of Portland and make a "one-way" trip to another Penske location 6 miles away. I will be making a short 1700 mile side trip for a stop in San Simeon along the way.

See you all on Thursday!!

PDX Mike
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 28 2015, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 28 2015, 06:43 AM) *
Sure thing, Kent.

You're probably coming up the '5' though, right?

I'd be heading up the '405' mid-morning, so we could meet in 1k Oaks.

Isn't there a group gathering there for lunch anyway?

I covered this in the PM I sent you but will repeat it here in case there are others. Eddy and I will be in the Ventura area around 1:00-1:30 and ready to cruise once we all connect. Wendy wants to stop somewhere along the way for lunch but it isn't pinned down yet. shades.gif Probably best that we eat before Ventura so we can adjust our ETA if req'd. Google says I have a 40 minute variance in my route so I may grab an In n Out if running behind. biggrin.gif If early I'll park my butt in a restaurant of my wifes choosing, somewhere. Mark, PM me your cell number and I'll call you when I get on the road manana.
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 28 2015, 08:14 PM) *
Mark, PM me your cell number and I'll call you when I get on the road manana
PM replied to type.gif

Packed up & ready to go …

Does anybody have two spare speed nuts that you can bring? I misplaced the ones from my side grilles while I was refurbishing them headbang.gif

… just need a couple to keep the grilles from flying off during the drive(s)
driving.gif
forrestkhaag
I am heading out of Laguna up the 405 around 4:30am to get thru LA morning traffic without too much hassle. Larmo63 may join / at the same time. Hope to see some teeners headed in the same direction.

forrestkhaag
Also, has a list of events or a schedule been established for this event so as to load in a few items for the swap meet? thanks beerchug.gif
hndyhrr
I am leaving tomorrow morning at 5 am from Medford, Or, with a stop in San Jose and one in Scotts Valley,Ca. Driving the blue Rav4 so if some crazy lady honks and waves at you it is me.

See ya tomorrow
hndyhrr
http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:93452.1....9?sp=KCACAMBR17

7 day weather forecast
rick 918-S
We are officially out-a-here! piratenanner.gif cheer.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Apr 29 2015, 07:05 AM) *

I am heading out of Laguna up the 405 around 4:30am to get thru LA morning traffic without too much hassle. Larmo63 may join / at the same time. Hope to see some teeners headed in the same direction.

Forest.....you not honestly gonna try and bring those KYB's up to San Simeon are you?

I'd save the space for beer.
Mike Bellis
I'm here along with Jim Hoyland and green 914. No AT&T cell service out here. Bring you verizon phones
montoya 73 2.0
Stay-cation starts now!! See you all tomorrow.
Blue6
Forrest, u go ahead and bring those KYB's. I know a guy that will be there tomorrow, and in his trailer are 2 cases on ice...... smile.gif
StratPlayer
Anybody have a blank 914 key. I seen to have
Lost my keys to the car, I'm in need of blank key so a locksmith can make me a new key. anyone coming to the rally that is coming to the ra
lly that has a blank key please bring it for me
Bossman
Finally made it. 8 hours in the truck with a "navigator", kids and a dog I'm to tired to unload the car tonight. Time to open the ice chest.
Larmo63
I'm leaving REAL early.

I just hope I get a little sleep. Why am I so excited to see all of you goobers???
streetrover
A quick look at the satellite photo of the hotel doesn't seem to show any trailer parking. confused24.gif Where would be best to park a very long trailer hitched to a very long truck?
Bob
Bossman
In the field next to the hotel - with the other trailers!
streetrover
QUOTE(Bossman @ Apr 29 2015, 09:14 PM) *

In the field next to the hotel - with the other trailers!

SUPER! Thanks!
JRust
I am officially on the road. Stopped at work in Eugene to finish a few things. Put a mattress in the back of the van. So I am driving tonight until I am tired. The hitting a rest stop to sleep. Of course I forgot to throw a damn blanket in the back headbang.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 29 2015, 03:54 PM) *
I'm here along with Jim Hoyland and green 914. No AT&T cell service out here. Bring you verizon phones
Where the heck are you guys? We arrived not too much later that youse guys and see your cars confused24.gif

The trip up was fine - met up with Kent (76-914) and Wendy in Ventura and blasted up the coast at astounding speed at times driving.gif

Wireless internet connection up in my room (209) SUCKS ... had to come to the lobby to check my mail & post here mad.gif

Had happy hour drinks beer3.gif & dinner chowtime.gif with Kent, Jim (Stratplayer), Jerry (Green914) & their wives.

Going back up stairs now ... two lovely German Frauleins are my neighbors cheer.gif smile.gif cheer.gif
JRust
In Red Bluff at a Denny's for breakfast. Stopped for 2 naps during the night. I think I'm about 6 hours out depending on traffic? Still up for meeting anyone for a Caravan in Route. I'll be on I5 for another 11+ miles. GPS has me on the 505 after that I think. My cell is 5four1 5one0 00eight6
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 30 2015, 07:40 AM) *

In Red Bluff at a Denny's for breakfast. Stopped for 2 naps during the night. I think I'm about 6 hours out depending on traffic? Still up for meeting anyone for a Caravan in Route. I'll be on I5 for another 11+ miles. GPS has me on the 505 after that I think. My cell is 5four1 5one0 00eight6

You are going to be right in the middle of commute traffic until you get past San Jose.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 30 2015, 07:40 AM) *

Just pulled into red bluff.guess I'm an hour behind you..

StratPlayer
forget about a key, I have spare keys at home, having my daughter fed ex the key overnight to me. Prob!em solved.
StratPlayer
forget about a key, I have spare keys at home, having my daughter fed ex the key overnight to me. Prob!em solved.
Coastal6
I may be asking to much....
But is there a schedule for the WCR posted anywhere?
I can't seem to find it.

Thanks WTF.gif
hydroliftin
QUOTE(six @ Apr 30 2015, 11:11 AM) *

I can't seem to find it.

Thanks WTF.gif

See page 15, about 1/2 way down.
Coastal6
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Apr 30 2015, 11:29 AM) *

I can't seem to find it.

Thanks WTF.gif

See page 15, about 1/2 way down.

Thanks!
montoya 73 2.0

I can't seem to find it.

Thanks WTF.gif

Page 23 is better or up to date!
Coastal6
Couldn't find anything on pg15 but I wasn't sure if I should count back from 28 skipping odd numbered pages or just divide the number of pages by 914 and add 6.
Page 23 was much more informative.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.