Full Version: Official 2015 WCR RGISTRATION Thread! April 30, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 2 2015, 07:57 PM) *

Not unless you are buying. beer.gif

You lost the bet ....remember?

I bet you have $36... poke.gif

For those that have never been, it's worth the visit. Imagine how the 19th Century Aristocrats lived. bootyshake.gif

Maybe you'll even run into Patty Hearst... William Randolph Hearst owned thousands of acres along the coast. He even donated the property known as Fort Hunter Liggett to the Army. The entire area was his private hunting ground.

$36 does sound pricey for a museum tour but I never get down to this area much. I have done the day tour but the night tour sounds like fun.
76-914
agree.gif There are several tours. We've done the Grand Rooms Tour twice! Looking forward to this tour as it is 1hr 40min and includes many new to me places. All others are 40min tours. Looking forward to some great wine as well. beer3.gif
Andyrew
Jerika and I will be doing the tour as well smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
To all taking the tours at the castle, They outdoor Neptune pool is drained but the indoor pool is still full.

Outdoor Neptune pool drained
oldschool
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 2 2015, 07:06 AM) *

so, since I can't stay for the 3 nights, Does anyone want my reservation for Thursday April 30th - Sunday May 3rd at the host hotel? PM me and I will call the Hotel to make the transfer arrangements.

PM sent
dlkawashima
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 3 2015, 09:31 AM) *

To all taking the tours at the castle, The outdoor Neptune pool is drained but the indoor pool is still full.

Outdoor Neptune pool drained

I'll just have to remember to watch my step by the pool ... night tour booked!

IPB Image
euro911
We've been to the Hearst Castle many times, but I never knew the general public got to use the pool confused24.gif

Nice floaties she has there drooley.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 3 2015, 12:04 PM) *

We've been to the Hearst Castle many times, but I never knew the general public got to use the pool confused24.gif

She's not part of the "general public" smoke.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 3 2015, 01:04 PM) *

She could save a small family from drowning with those balloons! w00t.gif
G e o r g e
I have 1 to many rooms as I am probably going Solo,

so if someone would like the Reservation let me know and we can figure out how to transfer it to you.

It was not done directly with the hotel
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Apr 3 2015, 12:53 PM) *

I have 1 to many rooms as I am probably going Solo,

so if someone would like the Reservation let me know and we can figure out how to transfer it to you.

It was not done directly with the hotel

Nice ! There are several new sign ups....
VegasRacer
Confirmed HEARST CASTLE, CA Tour: Tour 5 - Evening Tour

Fri May 01 2015 7:10 PM - Adult 1

I've driven by at least half a dozen times and never taken the tour.
I guess I was waiting to see it with my friends.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 3 2015, 09:37 PM) *

Sandy just asked if we were going on the tour. Can you make reservations online?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 3 2015, 08:43 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 3 2015, 09:37 PM) *

Sandy just asked if we were going on the tour. Can you make reservations online?

Go back one page and Marty posted the link. The friday evening tour is the one to get.
G e o r g e
Room is spoken for
76-914
icon_bump.gif to the top
Chris914n6
Looks like I'm solo this trip.

If someone wants to split a room I have a double queen in the North wing of the host hotel. (Where the cool people are aktion035.gif )

PM me.

No barf.gif
No bootyshake.gif
No grouphug.gif
No sheeplove.gif
No screwy.gif
No stromberg.gif
No bs.gif

cheer.gif Welcome shades.gif
JRust
It looks like I may be rolling solo also. I have two queen beds in my room too. I'd be up for splitting it with someone. Or just letting my reservation go & sharing Chris's.
euro911
I also have an ocean view room with two queens (beds that is) that I can sublet if need be

smoke.gif beer3.gif and cheer.gif are all OK with me ...

laugh.gif
mgp4591
Looks like there will be abundant passenger seats available for those of us who are presently 914 impaired... shades.gif
euro911
Yeah, maybe I'll take Eileen to the WCR … and after the event, just continue northward up to Washington to pick up my '69 Honda Z50 (while gas prices are still kind of low) idea.gif
JRust
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 6 2015, 02:24 PM) *

Yeah, maybe I'll take Eileen to the WCR … and after the event, just continue northward up to Washington to pick up my '69 Honda Z50 (while gas prices are still kind of low) idea.gif

Check with Todd Endlund. He is making the trip down in his truck. Guess it depends where it is in WA. Anyway it's worth checking. He is in the Portland area
914_teener
Anyone got room to bring back a 901 back down to So Cal from San Simeon?

My spare seat is taken with the Wife....can't put her on the roof.

PM me.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jan 31 2015, 08:14 PM) *

Thursday we will have a fun route planned from the LA area to the Hotel with little or no Freeway time. smile.gif - Everyone should feel free to make local plans for a fun route.

When and Where does this caravan start? idea.gif
euro911
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 6 2015, 07:18 PM) *

PM me.
A 901 car, or a 901 transmission? poke.gif
euro911
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 6 2015, 09:21 PM) *
Thursday we will have a fun route planned from the LA area to the Hotel with little or no Freeway time. smile.gif - Everyone should feel free to make local plans for a fun route.

IPB Image

I remember that day … those were good times mueba.gif
euro911
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 6 2015, 03:35 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 6 2015, 02:24 PM) *
Check with Todd Endlund. He is making the trip down in his truck. Guess it depends where it is in WA. Anyway it's worth checking. He is in the Portland area
Hmmm … I didn't think of that idea.gif

Anyone coming down from the Seattle area with a truck, van or enclosed trailer (with enough spare room to transport a small minibike)? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
76-914

What he said.........
914_teener
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 7 2015, 12:12 AM) *

PM me.

Uhhhh....that would be a gear box. A 901 car...I would have to carry the wine and cheese up North.

Speaking of traveling, have been doing a little thinking about this trip. It has been said that a real 914 owner that prepares to break down, won't break down. With that said here is a list of items that I am taking with me "just in case"

D-jet.

Spare MPS
Spare ECU
Plastic caps in case something fails (this happend to Bnrat at the WCR)
Spare points and condensor

Nice to have but don't: Spare distributor

Tools:

As many as I think I need and will need to change out parts that I have.
LED Flashlight
Aluminum tape
Duct Tape

Engine:
Spare spark plugs
Extra Oil-2 quarts
Wire

Everthing else that would fail catastrophically like engine components I couldn't fix anyway.

The other thought I had was making sure that the route I took had cell service. I know if you come off from the 5 in the Central Valley from the Lost Hills....that the service is spotty and somewhat if downright boring drive which makes me want to take a coastal route.

Any other thought from the 914 collective?

I know Mike and Don were talking about a "interesting route" up there and I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts to the above or suggestions?

Thanks Guys...and Gals.
Chris914n6
^^^
I add...

a towel to lay on under the car
rags for clean up
vinyl gloves to keep hands clean
extra water in case you are stuck somewhere a while
flat tire provisions

and a clutch cable as they have been known to randomly snap.

Otherwise if your car has been solid up to this point what's another 3 days.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 7 2015, 07:45 AM) *

What he said.........

If it starts a little later, say noon, it would give us more southern folks a chance to rendezvous driving.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif
Maybe make a lunch stop out of the meetup point?
euro911
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 7 2015, 02:04 PM) *
^^^
I add...

a towel to lay on under the car
rags for clean up
vinyl gloves to keep hands clean
extra water in case you are stuck somewhere a while
flat tire provisions

and a clutch cable as they have been known to randomly snap.

Otherwise if your car has been solid up to this point what's another 3 days.
… and one of those little trunion block thingies (?) - a new cable is useless without one (unless you're lucky enough to find the old one somewhere in the roadway back where your cable snapped).

IPB Image

Why does my OS keep changing Trunnion to Grunnion? mad.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 7 2015, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 7 2015, 07:45 AM) *

What he said.........

If it starts a little later, say noon, it would give us more southern folks a chance to rendezvous driving.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif
Maybe make a lunch stop out of the meetup point?

I can't leave until about 10 AM for me on Thursday....that way we'll skip traffic anyway until we are out of LA County.

I know Mike will probably chime in on this eventually. I was thinking of the 101 route near Solvang instead of the Central Valley route. If you are coming from Vegas though that be longer for ya.
914_teener
Good suggestions though. Thanks.

Where does that trunion go Mark?
Elliot Cannon
If anyone at the WCR breaks down, I am about 45 minutes from the hotel. I have tools, jack stands (of course), a lift in my garage and a truck with a hitch and tow bar. If need be I can rent a trailer and come pick you up (if it comes to that). I will only be at the WCR on Saturday but will be available all week end long if you need help. My cell is 805 nine, seven, five, 6616. driving.gif
Cheers, Elliot
euro911
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 7 2015, 03:15 PM) *
Good suggestions though. Thanks.

Where does that trunion go Mark?
Cable passes through it at the clutch release arm:

Click to view attachment

You might want to carry a 1" long spacer, two nuts (for the cable end) and a couple of 11mm wrenches with you too idea.gif
Larmo63
I am now registered, and I'm bringing my guitar again…!!!

I would like to split a room with somebody….? PM me?
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 7 2015, 12:22 AM) *

IPB Image

Is that Howards car? It always puts a smile on my face when I see Howard's picture or his car great memories. .. for those of you who didn't know him you missed the opportunity to know a great guy. Cheers Howard✌
914_teener
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 7 2015, 03:25 PM) *

If anyone at the WCR breaks down, I am about 45 minutes from the hotel. I have tools, jack stands (of course), a lift in my garage and a truck with a hitch and tow bar. If need be I can rent a trailer and come pick you up (if it comes to that). I will only be at the WCR on Saturday but will be available all week end long if you need help. My cell is 805 nine, seven, five, 6616. driving.gif
Cheers, Elliot

Thanks Eliyut!

Rob
JRust
I am splitting a room with Chris from Vegas. So my room is available if someone wants my reservation. I'll be canceling it at the end of the week if nobody jumps on it
hndyhrr
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 7 2015, 06:27 PM) *

I am splitting a room with Chris from Vegas. So my room is available if someone wants my reservation. I'll be canceling it at the end of the week if nobody jumps on it

pm sent
Larmo63
Dang, I've been trying to snag one of these rooms, I'm always late….
76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 7 2015, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 7 2015, 12:12 AM) *

PM me.

Uhhhh....that would be a gear box. A 901 car...I would have to carry the wine and cheese up North.

Speaking of traveling, have been doing a little thinking about this trip. It has been said that a real 914 owner that prepares to break down, won't break down. With that said here is a list of items that I am taking with me "just in case"

D-jet.

Spare MPS
Spare ECU
Plastic caps in case something fails (this happend to Bnrat at the WCR)
Spare points and condensor

Nice to have but don't: Spare distributor

Tools:

As many as I think I need and will need to change out parts that I have.
LED Flashlight
Aluminum tape
Duct Tape

Engine:
Spare spark plugs
Extra Oil-2 quarts
Wire

Everthing else that would fail catastrophically like engine components I couldn't fix anyway.

The other thought I had was making sure that the route I took had cell service. I know if you come off from the 5 in the Central Valley from the Lost Hills....that the service is spotty and somewhat if downright boring drive which makes me want to take a coastal route.

Any other thought from the 914 collective?

I know Mike and Don were talking about a "interesting route" up there and I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts to the above or suggestions?

Thanks Guys...and Gals.

I'd add an alternator, variable resistor w/ 1M & 1F spade ends, VOM, short piece of 8mm FI hose, ass't hose clamps, ass't fuses, fuel pump, couple of relays, etc.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 7 2015, 02:13 PM) *

I can't leave until about 10 AM for me on Thursday....that way we'll skip traffic anyway until we are out of LA County.

I know Mike will probably chime in on this eventually. I was thinking of the 101 route near Solvang instead of the Central Valley route. If you are coming from Vegas though that be longer for ya.

Not by much, relatively speaking. +50 miles and 1 hour.
I traditionally stop at the Barstow In-n-Out for food/getting off my butt. So after further consideration, more likely now to be around Oxnard 2-3ish.

IPB Image

IPB Image
euro911
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Apr 7 2015, 05:17 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 7 2015, 12:22 AM) *

IPB Image

Is that Howards car? It always puts a smile on my face when I see Howard's picture or his car great memories. .. for those of you who didn't know him you missed the opportunity to know a great guy. Cheers Howard✌
Yep, that's Suzie up front. Howard was a class act. I still miss him. beerchug.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 7 2015, 10:23 PM) *

I traditionally stop at the Barstow In-n-Out for food/getting off my butt. So after further consideration, more likely now to be around Oxnard 2-3ish.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chris, I'll be in Vegas overnite Wednesday and would love to meet up for the cruise into SoCal and up the coast if you can stand the company of a lowly Subaru Impreza...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 8 2015, 02:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 7 2015, 10:23 PM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chris, I'll be in Vegas overnite Wednesday and would love to meet up for the cruise into SoCal and up the coast if you can stand the company of a lowly Subaru Impreza...

We fly into Palm Springs Thursday morning around 11:00 am If decide to go through PS and the southern route we would like to connect. Either way we could catch you guys.
rick 918-S
We have an open room at the host hotel. I booked two rooms thinking my son and daughter in law would be coming. Alan and Terry were thinking about attending but the stars did not align for them. I will be cancelling the room first part of next week unless someone wants it.
76-914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 8 2015, 06:17 AM) *

We have an open room at the host hotel. I booked two rooms thinking my son and daughter in law would be coming. Alan and Terry were thinking about attending but the stars did not align for them. I will be cancelling the room first part of next week unless someone wants it.

I'll speak up for Larmo, since he can't get his ass out of bed. He wants the room Rick. As soon as he gets up he'll chime in. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.