Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2015 March 27-29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 5 2015, 10:47 PM) *

Very pleased biggrin.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif Can we get this thread a highlight color or are we out of colors?
JRust
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 10 2015, 08:15 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Can we get this thread a highlight color or are we out of colors?

Apparently no Admins are coming? So we are relegated to no highlights confused24.gif
G e o r g e
clean up your cache,

it is highlighted in Clear.
JRust
I leave in 9 days piratenanner.gif . Can't wait although I am waiting for parts as I decided to upgrade my front struts, tie rods & misc. Waiting on parts now & if they don't make it in time. They'll just wait until I get back home to swap them out.
RARE 6
Coming from Colorado and have a family event about 30 miles away that day. May try to sneak over for lunch if I can get a pass. Reservation's or prepayment necessary?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(RARE 6 @ Mar 12 2015, 03:02 PM) *

Coming from Colorado and have a family event about 30 miles away that day. May try to sneak over for lunch if I can get a pass. Reservation's or prepayment necessary?

Nope. smile.gif Just show up if/when you can and join the fun.
Hank914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 4 2015, 11:35 AM) *

Damn I'm looking at a good 2300-2400 miles round trip! I wonder road wise for me if I'll be better off heading down I5 through CA & cutting straight over to Vegas. Or cutting through Reno to Vegas. The Reno is shorter & definitely more twisty roads. More mountain ranges to deal with though. So not sure if I'll hit a bunch of snow. Besides the snow all the shit on the roads they put down. So I think a boring drive down I5 is in the cards. Damn I need to get my a/c & heat working for this trip.

Yes, I5 is fairly boring. But the mountain pass after Ashland and the Shasta curves above Redding are a fun 60-80 miles! You can take the curves at 80+ (90?) while the regular cars slow down to 65-70, and the trucks are 55-60. It is a brief hour of fun before the Redding to Sacramento straight will put you to sleep for a couple of hours. Then maybe hit Reno rather than staying on I5.
76-914
icon_bump.gif Two weeks and counting. Obviously, this event isn't sanctioned here or we are the Red Headed Step Child. We still have no COLOR highlighting. WTF.gif
VegasRacer
I don't mind flying under the radar without a highlight. shades.gif
I do hope the admins will give us a Live Event Upload link when the time is right. pray.gif
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
76-914
Nice, John. I like the "in your face NARP" thing. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Crap! This is right around the corner. I only have a few weeks to wash the car. :-)
Coastal6
Couldn't find any place to reply officially to RSVP.
Am I missing something other than what's usually missing?
I'll be there

Jim
VegasRacer
QUOTE(six @ Mar 15 2015, 12:52 PM) *

Couldn't find any place to reply officially to RSVP.
Am I missing something other than what's usually missing?
I'll be there

Jim

The only thing *official* about this event are the posted speed limits. shades.gif

The only thing you missed was the chance to order a shirt.

See you there. beerchug.gif

Coastal6
I never pay any attention to those.
Always too slow.

Thanks for the update
MoveQik
Back to the top! All ready to go...clean shaven and everything!
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 25 2014, 09:53 PM) *

Love Palm Springs! Let's see if we can get the car out of the snow bank THIS year. dry.gif

You serious Rick? I got as far as St Louis last time. Thought it was the starter but I think in the end it was the voltage regulator. Sent me limping home in the daylight without any electrics going.

BTW. It may not have occurred to the organizers but Albuquerque is at the far WESTERN end of Rt 66. To say nothing of coastal California, which for me includes Palm Springs. poke.gif

I know - it is your party. Nonetheless, the title implies a more country-wide venue. I don't trust the car that far quite yet. Last year I did, but I'm not so sure anymore. When I completely understand how it works I will come that far. Have a blast! beerchug.gif

Does Hertz rent 914s?
MoveQik
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 17 2015, 09:57 AM) *

BTW. It may not have occurred to the organizers but Albuquerque is at the far WESTERN end of Rt 66. To say nothing of coastal California, which for me includes Palm Springs. poke.gif

I know - it is your party.

ABQ has been tried for this event in hopes of pulling people in from points further east. No one from the east showed up and we lost most of the folks from CA. sad.gif

Can't wait for this year's event! beerchug.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif
euro911
Does Hertz rent 914s?
They might rent Caymans smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 17 2015, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 25 2014, 09:53 PM) *

Love Palm Springs! Let's see if we can get the car out of the snow bank THIS year. dry.gif

You serious Rick? I got as far as St Louis last time. Thought it was the starter but I think in the end it was the voltage regulator. Sent me limping home in the daylight without any electrics going.

I know - it is your party. Nonetheless, the title implies a more country-wide venue. I don't trust the car that far quite yet. Last year I did, but I'm not so sure anymore. When I completely understand how it works I will come that far. Have a blast! beerchug.gif

Does Hertz rent 914s?

I have had to bail once. Tracked down some local SCCA car guys and left the car with them in Lincoln NE. Rented a car to finish the drive to the event and flew home from Denver. The next weekend I went out an rescued the car with a trailer. stuff happens. You have to be ready to roll with the punches.

The first trip we took with Sandy's car was to Moab last fall. We lost the starter on the way home. I push started the car the last day and didn't turn it off until we hit the garage.

Think about it this way. Will the car run until the next oil change? That is all your really asking of the car. Get in and drive it like you stole it. driving-girl.gif

West of ABQ. Tucomcari aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Madswede
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 17 2015, 11:28 AM) *

ABQ has been tried for this event in hopes of pulling people in from points further east. No one from the east showed up and we lost most of the folks from CA. sad.gif

'tis true, sadly no one came from East of the ABQ to last year's event here. Regardless, maybe Eric's little buzz through town will inspire a little more local help/participation and we (being the NM folks in general and maybe the Texans ... HINT HINT) will pull together and host another Rt66 sometime in the future. Always has been one of my personal favorite events! I can't be there this year, but hope to see some of the same peeps at RRC! Have fun over in Palm Springs you guys n gals! driving.gif
forrestkhaag
lovely wife is out due to Larmo's babe is out / I remain in / just tested the ride with a quick turn from Laguna Beach to Scottsdale and back the next day.... then, today, OC to Pelican and back....... tested the little red warning light on the fuel gauge...it works.. coasted into a fuel stop on Warner / back on the road to Laguna / See you guys in PS
MoveQik
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 17 2015, 09:31 PM) *

lovely wife is out due to Larmo's babe is out / I remain in / just tested the ride with a quick turn from Laguna Beach to Scottsdale and back the next day.... then, today, OC to Pelican and back....... tested the little red warning light on the fuel gauge...it works.. coasted into a fuel stop on Warner / back on the road to Laguna / See you guys in PS

You should have looked me up while in Scottsdale! biggrin.gif
euro911
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 17 2015, 09:31 PM) *
Sorry to hear, but a boy's ride can be just as fun. My wife accompanies me on the runs from time to time, but not often.

I stopped in at Pelican this afternoon as well ... I picked up the brake reservoir hose (for the hydraulic conversion Kent is going to do on the 'BB') smile.gif

I mounted and balanced the set of new Kumho's onto a set of crappy looking ATS Classics last night. Gonna try to clean them up before the run FERG.gif - but having fresh rubber was a must.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Madswede @ Mar 17 2015, 10:40 PM) *

'tis true, sadly no one came from East of the ABQ to last year's event here. Regardless, maybe Eric's little buzz through town will inspire a little more local help/participation and we (being the NM folks in general and maybe the Texans ... HINT HINT) will pull together and host another Rt66 sometime in the future. Always has been one of my personal favorite events! I can't be there this year, but hope to see some of the same peeps at RRC! Have fun over in Palm Springs you guys n gals! driving.gif

Biggest problem for us guys and gals up north is the weather. I think I have signed up for every one since the start. Last year we had 6' of snow in the ground 14' long in front of the place we store cars. screwy.gif This is the first Route 66 event we are able to attend and the earliest we have ever be able to get the car out of storage. BUT! it doesn't mean we won't get hit with a massive snow storm before next Tuesday... unsure.gif

See ya all in PS!!! biggrin.gif assimilate.gif
worn
QUOTE(Madswede @ Mar 17 2015, 07:40 PM) *

I gave it my all last year, but didn't get very far. Mostly I am pissing and moaning. Not only am I not sure about the car, but the broken vertebra from snow shoveling hasn't completely healed, so there is some question about the driver as well. As if there ever wasn't. laugh.gif
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 18 2015, 04:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Madswede @ Mar 17 2015, 10:40 PM) *

Biggest problem for us guys and gals up north is the weather. I think I have signed up for every one since the start. Last year we had 6' of snow in the ground 14' long in front of the place we store cars. screwy.gif This is the first Route 66 event we are able to attend and the earliest we have ever be able to get the car out of storage. BUT! it doesn't mean we won't get hit with a massive snow storm before next Tuesday... unsure.gif

See ya all in PS!!! biggrin.gif assimilate.gif

My son just got a job as an airplane mechanic in Duluth. His original idea was to work near a warm sunny beach or maybe the Rt66 location. lol-2.gif

No snow for you Rich - until you try to come back.
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 17 2015, 12:30 PM) *

Ahhh, but I have no trailer. But U-Haul does I suppose. Wait. One break down and three trailer pics of different teeners. Huh?
JRust
Damn it's coming quick. I leave either Sunday or Monday. Still deciding which depending on work. Then a good long drive to Vegas. 4 days of standing on my feet on those damn cement floors. Then blissfully Friday we leave for Route 66 & Palm springs.

Hell we even have a good caravan. We've got at least 3 of us. John, Brandt, Myself & ??? Rick we meeting up with you somewhere? How about Wills & Jason?
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 18 2015, 12:33 PM) *

How about Wills & Jason?

I will be leaving Friday morning. An easy drive for me this time!! My wife and kiddo will be leaving in the afternoon to head over. wub.gif

Haven't coordinated with Jason yet.
76-914
nine days n counting. piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 18 2015, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 18 2015, 12:33 PM) *

How about Wills & Jason?

I will be leaving Friday morning. An easy drive for me this time!! My wife and kiddo will be leaving in the afternoon to head over. wub.gif

Haven't coordinated with Jason yet.

Sandy and I will be in the area on Friday. Maybe we can catch you guys.
Elliot Cannon
Woohoo!! w00t.gif See you all this weekend.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 18 2015, 11:12 PM) *

Are you arriving a week early again? idea.gif Not this Friday Elliot next Friday.
Larmo63
If I still don't have my five lug stuff on, are you guys going to make fun of me?

Does anyone else play guitar? Bringing one?
MoveQik
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 18 2015, 09:32 PM) *

If I still don't have my five lug stuff on, are you guys going to make fun of me?

Does anyone else play guitar? Bringing one?

Shea and Tabor had guitars one year and it was AWESOME to listen to them goof around. Bring it!
JRust
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 18 2015, 09:50 PM) *

Shea and Tabor had guitars one year and it was AWESOME to listen to them goof around. Bring it!

Damn how do I miss all the good stuff. All I get is drunk people making me laugh in the parking lot happy11.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 18 2015, 10:02 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 18 2015, 09:50 PM) *

Damn how do I miss all the good stuff. All I get is drunk people making me laugh in the parking lot happy11.gif

It was actually an early RRC event in Moab with DraperJoJo, Shea and Tabor. :-)
76-914
Uh Eric's playing a Dobro, cool. 8 more days
JRust
Going home tonight to bleed my brakes. Install my Speedo gauge reworked by speedhut to have the cruise control output. Won't get the cruise installed before I leave sunday though. Didn't order the unit so unless I find one at the local auto parts store. It will wait for a later date. Also disconnected all my stereo stuff. So think I'll borrow my daughters Bose blue tooth speaker. Damn thing puts out amazing sound for such a small unit. Plan to drive it to work tomorrow. Then flog it some Saturday to make sure all is well.

I'll leave Sunday afternoon. Drive to Rand's place somewhere around Reno. Crash there & drive to Vegas Monday
76-914
Can't wait to see your car in person.
914_teener
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 18 2015, 09:12 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

It is truly a good person who can put their ego aside and make fun of themselves.............a rare commodity.

Certainly not Elyut.

BTW does anyone want to help me put in new strut inserts this coming Sun....

...free beer.
MoveQik
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 19 2015, 05:35 PM) *

Don't get too excited.....he is missing a jack plug cover. dry.gif
Cuda911
How many are attending? Larmo called me this evening just to bug me to attend, so I may have to bow to peer pressure.

Any rooms left?

Anyone bringing a piano I can borrow?

Any way to still get a shirt? I don't do anything in life unless I get a shirt for it.
VegasRacer
Approximately 37.
Peer pressure always led me to my best decisions.

Call the hotel.

Doubtful.

What size?
76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 19 2015, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 18 2015, 09:12 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

It is truly a good person who can put their ego aside and make fun of themselves.............a rare commodity.

Certainly not Elyut.

BTW does anyone want to help me put in new strut inserts this coming Sun....

...free beer.

poke.gif I thought that you had planned on attending this year.

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 19 2015, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 19 2015, 05:35 PM) *

Don't get too excited.....he is missing a jack plug cover. dry.gif

That reminds me; everyone remove your jack plugs and anything else that is easily removed prior to Palm Spgs. What time do you expect you'll arrive, Mike?

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 19 2015, 11:31 PM) *

How many are attending? Larmo called me this evening just to bug me to attend, so I may have to bow to peer pressure.

Any rooms left?

Anyone bringing a piano I can borrow?

Any way to still get a shirt? I don't do anything in life unless I get a shirt for it.

I'm driving over early Sat AM if you want to hook up for the trek over the mountain.
MoveQik
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 20 2015, 06:48 AM) *

That reminds me; everyone remove your jack plugs and anything else that is easily removed prior to Palm Spgs. What time do you expect you'll arrive, Mike?

Not sure. Probably just head out whenever I get bored of sitting here...so maybe 1:00ish
76-914
I'm going to close up early Friday so I can hook up with ya'll.
914_teener

Yes Kent I.ll be there....wife has to work so she can.t. Tax season.

Leaving early Sat.

New inserts have been sitting on the garage floor for over a month.

Please reserve a place on the golf course green for my graceful appearance group 73.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.