Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2015 March 27-29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
JRust
Damn I looked through the first page & moved to the second. Didn't see the Route 66 post anywhere. LOL! Great thinking John evilgrin.gif

I've got all my tools loaded. Off to church with the family. Then back home to pack all my personally stuff for the next week. I plan to be on the road by 1pm today. Should be at Rand's place by 9
JRust
I'm hitting the road at 12:44. Tried to add a pic but no go. Live uploaded would help biggrin.gif
76-914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 22 2015, 12:44 PM) *

I'm hitting the road at 12:44. Tried to add a pic but no go. Live uploaded would help biggrin.gif

You can still post 'em here Jamie. Just an extra step or 2. Take lot's of pic's on your way down here. beerchug.gif
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

SirAndy
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2015, 07:51 PM) *
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 01:22 PM) *
We don't need this thread highlighted.
Just keep adding a new reply every hour and we can stay in the top ten.

Hey Admins: smilie_flagge6.gif May we please get a Live Uploader for this event. pray.gif
We will have people on the road starting tomorrow and I would be nice to track their progress.

I set up the live event uploader to go to this thread.

Email your pictures to: Click to view attachment

And don't forget to add a subject line ...
type.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 22 2015, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2015, 07:51 PM) *
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 01:22 PM) *
We don't need this thread highlighted.
Just keep adding a new reply every hour and we can stay in the top ten.

Hey Admins: smilie_flagge6.gif May we please get a Live Uploader for this event. pray.gif
We will have people on the road starting tomorrow and I would be nice to track their progress.

Email your pictures to: Click to view attachment

type.gif

And don't use a iphone 6+ poke.gif laugh.gif
76-914
Wohoo! Thx Andy.
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Mar 22 2015, 02:38 PM) *

IPB Image

Not quite sure how this worked but I actually emailed a pic!! Just getting packed.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 22 2015, 02:18 PM) *

iPhone guys, hold the phone like this when you take a picture ... home button on the right, volume control buttons on the bottom.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 22 2015, 01:45 PM) *

Email your pictures to: r66 (at) 914world (dot) com

type.gif

Thanks Andy. thumb3d.gif Very much appreciated.

We will try to make you proud. We hope we don't get the thread locked.
Live Event Uploader
Jamie no longer coming. Rain storm, Hydro plane, guard rail

IPB Image

76-914
Oh no!

EDIT: My wife says your car is cursed.
SirAndy
QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 22 2015, 02:18 PM) *

You can use an iPhone as long as you know which side of the phone is UP ...
lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Mar 22 2015, 04:38 PM) *

sad.gif
914_teener

IPB Image

Oh no! Hope you are okay.
Live Event Uploader
Death Valley today

IPB Image

JRust
Well my luck is total shit! Just east of Oakridge in a downpour. I came around a corner to hit standing water on the highway. Hydroplane sent me spinning. Ended up going into the other lane backwords & hit the guard rail at the passenger back corner. Wheel hit the guard rail & bent the trailing arm. Have 2 creases from the rail on the front flare. The rear is worse. All my gaps look good. Even in the rear trunk no creases. If the wheel hadn't caught like it did I think it wouldn't have even required a tow. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

So to sum it up I won't be coming to Route 66. I'm pissed as I haven't had my car back long & already I've fucked it up. Last thing I want to do is relive it all weekend. So I wish you all the best. I think I may just disappear for a while sad.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 22 2015, 04:45 PM) *

Well my luck is total shit! Just east of Oakridge in a downpour. I came around a corner to hit standing water on the highway. Hydroplane sent me spinning. Ended up going into the other lane backwords & hit the guard rail at the passenger back corner. Wheel hit the guard rail & bent the trailing arm. Have 2 creases from the rail on the front flare. The rear is worse. All my gaps look good. Even in the rear trunk no creases. If the wheel hadn't caught like it did I think it wouldn't have even required a tow. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

So to sum it up I won't be coming to Route 66. I'm pissed as I haven't had my car back long & already I've fucked it up. Last thing I want to do is relive it all weekend. So I wish you all the best. I think I may just disappear for a while sad.gif

Bummer... sad.gif
VegasRacer
Major bummer. Glad you are OK. The car can be fixed.
JRust
I am fine thankfully. The collision wasn't that bad. A little wider road & I'd have stopped before hitting it. Although I'm getting a little stiff neck wise. Don't think I whiplashes really but seeing it coming I'm sure it was rigid. Sucky doesn't cover it. At the same time I am very thankful I caught no traffic coming the opposite way. Could have been so much worse. I don't think my car will end up being to bad. It is definitely fixable. Just disgusted with myself dry.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 22 2015, 05:03 PM) *

I am fine thankfully. The collision wasn't that bad. A little wider road & I'd have stopped before hitting it. Although I'm getting a little stiff neck wise. Don't think I whiplashes really but seeing it coming I'm sure it was rigid. Sucky doesn't cover it. At the same time I am very thankful I caught no traffic coming the opposite way. Could have been so much worse. I don't think my car will end up being to bad. It is definitely fixable. Just disgusted with myself dry.gif

WCR build party! piratenanner.gif

brant
Crap I am so sorry! And glad your ok and that it wasn't worse
rick 918-S
Effin rain! In the photos you can see the rain is standing on the road! I was really looking forward to seeing your car. Crap!

Have it ready for the fall and RRC!
Larmo63
We could take up an offering to fly you down?

I'd put up some dough…….?
JRust
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 22 2015, 05:44 PM) *

We could take up an offering to fly you down?

I'd put up some dough…….?

I appreciate the offer but no. Actually after looking at flights to get me to vegas now for work. I am still driving down there. Not sure if I'll be up for Route 66 now though. Getting a little hosed with my tow bill. Although it should end up being covered eventually. I'm just getting it towed to a shop I trust. A little ever 100 miles away. So at this point I am not canceling my hotel reservation. I may still show up with my son as he is still flying to meet me in Vegas. Odds are I will end up showing for at least a day. I'm rethinking my whole trip at this point. Hell I've still got probably 2 hours before my wonderful wife get's here with my car. So it may change a few more times before she get's here. LOL evilgrin.gif
JeffBowlsby

Dude...you drove your 914 in the rain? Really?

blowup.gif

Glad you are OK... sunglasses.gif Really...
JRust
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 22 2015, 06:01 PM) *

blowup.gif

You can safely assume even before the wreck I was not happy about that. Only time I even had it in the rain was for an event. Otherwise it sits nice & dry in the garage
76-914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 22 2015, 06:01 PM) *

blowup.gif

Not much choice going or coming to an event. Slits and I both went thru rain, sleet, snow, thunderstorms and a heat wave on one trip. Glad your still planning on attending.
rick 918-S
Were watching the weather. We may have freezing rain Tuesday afternoon when we leave. dry.gif Can't decide whether to head due south on I35 to 40 ( looks like rain across 40) or west at Des Moine through Colorado then south. unsure.gif confused24.gif Don't want to repeat Jamie's deal.. wacko.gif
Elliot Cannon
Total bummer. sad.gif
StratPlayer
Jamie what a bummer,,it can be fixed.... your luck suks sad.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 22 2015, 03:40 PM) *

Oh no!

The Subaru curse. Sorry. I guess that ain't so funny.
JRust
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 22 2015, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 22 2015, 03:40 PM) *

The Subaru curse. Sorry. I guess that ain't so funny.

It's not my car it is me I think! Curse has got to die sometime though right rolleyes.gif . So my family is bringing me my little hybrid. My wife left with my son for company driving her car. She is about 30 minutes out. I get excited as this Figaro's I am at is getting very old. Then she tells me my daughter is following in my car & just left the house headbang.gif . So I'll get to sit here for another 80min waiting for my car to arrive. Just keeps getting better & better dry.gif

Although I will have company for the last hour wacko.gif
Mike Bellis
I think it's time you sell me the WRX motor. I'm worried about you running it in your car. smile.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 22 2015, 06:58 PM) *

I think it's time you sell me the WRX motor. I'm worried about you running it in your car. smile.gif

Yeah heck you have a month to get it ready for WCR. You could totally do that
Cuda911
Crap, very sorry to see this, Jaime. As you say, at least it looks very fixable. Good luck with it, and glad you weren't injured.
dlkawashima
What a bummer ... such a cool car. I was really looking forward to seeing it again at the WCR. Hopefully you can get it fixed by then.

Click to view attachment
euro911

IPB Image
Dude sad.gif

Glad to hear you're OK.
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 20 2015, 06:48 AM) *
That reminds me; everyone remove your jack plugs and anything else that is easily removed prior to Palm Spgs. What time do you expect you'll arrive, Mike?
Maybe I shouldn't install the rocker panels, then? poke.gif
Too bad for Jamie's car..Its great it was not worst and you were not hurt.. Looking forward to meeting all of you..Just keep one thing in your mind Desert drivers are the Worst and run red lights many times and always drive way over the speed limits.How do i know that just ask me at the meet..
Alan
MoveQik
Anybody going to R66 that has a spare passenger side visor clip/holder they are looking to sell? Mine just cracked.
Socalandy
So sorry Jaime and glad your OK!!! We know you'll get her fixed up like new and see you at an event soon aktion035.gif

Wills, I'm looking for the visor clip now. Looks like it's gonna be HOT
euro911
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 23 2015, 08:22 AM) *
Anybody going to R66 that has a spare passenger side visor clip/holder they are looking to sell? Mine just cracked.
I'm sure you'll find one there, Mike poke.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 23 2015, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 23 2015, 08:22 AM) *
I'm sure you'll find one there, Mike poke.gif

laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Snow storm all across southern MN. Reports of tornados and wide spread hail from Texas through Oklahoma on up into Illinois. I think were heading West when we hit Des Moines... dry.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 23 2015, 11:15 AM) *

Snow storm all across southern MN. Reports of tornados and wide spread hail from Texas through Oklahoma on up into Illinois. I think were heading West when we hit Des Moines... dry.gif

It will be in the nineties in Palm Springs. Sit out by the pool and try not to think about it. biggrin.gif
Cuda911
Weather forecast: 99 on Sat!

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 23 2015, 12:15 PM) *

Good luck getting to Palm Springs..Bring some of that rain with you..We need it..
RFoulds
I kinda feel bad now, cuz I only have a 20 minute drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.