Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2015 March 27-29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
JRust
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 26 2015, 04:27 PM) *

Got. A starter in N. LV. Warranted at Orielly's changed in the parking lot. We are booked in at the Silverton. We plan to make dinner tonight.

Nice we will see you there
MoveQik
When I get ready for an event, I pack a backpack. When my wife joins me, it's a little more involved. Evidently we can't show up empty handed. See you guys tomorrow!
mgp4591
I was really looking forward to seeing one of the infamous Fillmore/Beaver road signs... shades.gif
Sleepin
Wow. You guys seriously went through. Grand Junction and didn't tell me!?!?
Live Event Uploader
Dream house

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

ballioint
want tomatoes with that??
RFoulds
Friday night, join me at Palm Canyon Roadhouse. great live band starts at 9.

VegasRacer
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Mar 26 2015, 06:55 PM) *

Friday night, join me at Palm Canyon Roadhouse. great live band starts at 9.

It is walking distance from the hotel. aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 24 2015, 04:45 PM) *
What's up with the yellow car avatar on the event pictures?
Could we get that Changed? Maybe to Ron's car?

The "Live Event Uploader" is a members account, just like any other member.

You'll have to ask him nicely if you want a avatar change ...
shades.gif
Cuda911
Anyone of you who knows wiring up for a small project whilst in Palm Springs?

My driving lights just arrived, along with a dash switch and a Bosche wire relay.

I have no clue what to do with this stuff yet. smile.gif

I can bring some tools... but what's needed? Just a screw driver and socket wrench set?

Free beer to anyone that can help with this.
Madswede
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 26 2015, 08:48 PM) *

My driving lights just arrived, along with a dash switch and a Bosche wire relay.

I can bring some tools... but what's needed? Just a screw driver and socket wrench set?

It's a brave man that goes to Rt66 expecting to get something installed by the crew. drunk.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Just kidding ... mostly. bye1.gif
Live Event Uploader
Bavarian Castle

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

euro911
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Mar 26 2015, 12:23 PM) *
IPB Image
If given a choice between the two, I'd pick Beaver biggrin.gif

Washed and gassed up … ready to hit the road after morning rush hour traffic dies down driving.gif

Click to view attachment
brant
Arrived.

Just did shift linkage adjustment in the parking lot of the Luxor.
Jack stand and everything.
No security caught me
Live Event Uploader
Minnesota 914

IPB Image

Larmo63
I should have NOT fucked with my brakes today. The new PMB stuff arrived, fronts are okay, rears not okay. Missing parts and a big mess. I may not make it. I drove home pumping the brakes that worked perfectly this morning. No pedal. Really pissed.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2015, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Mar 24 2015, 04:45 PM) *
What's up with the yellow car avatar on the event pictures?
Could we get that Changed? Maybe to Ron's car?

The "Live Event Uploader" is a members account, just like any other member.

You'll have to ask him nicely if you want a avatar change ...
shades.gif

I never thought of that. idea.gif Good idea.

Hey Sir Andy,
Thank you very much for the Live Event Uploader you so generously provided to increase our fun and more efficiently share it with others.
It would be really nice if we could have a special custom avatar for the weekend.

You're the best. icon22_2.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 26 2015, 09:13 PM) *
I should have NOT fucked with my brakes today. The new PMB stuff arrived, fronts are okay, rears not okay. Missing parts and a big mess. I may not make it. I drove home pumping the brakes that worked perfectly this morning. No pedal. Really pissed.
Try bleeding the rears again. Maybe you don't have all the air out yet confused24.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Madswede @ Mar 26 2015, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 26 2015, 08:48 PM) *

It's a brave man that goes to Rt66 expecting to get something installed by the crew. drunk.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Just kidding ... mostly. bye1.gif

WARNING: This is what they did to my car at a BBQ when I asked for help soldering my new driving lights.
Larmo63
The right rear is leaking now. I have brand new PMB brakes but they didn't come with adjusters to vent the inner piston. I got them all installed.

We figured them out…..duh.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 26 2015, 10:52 PM) *

The right rear is leaking now. I have brand new PMB brakes but they didn't come with adjusters to vent the inner piston. I got them all installed. They don't adjust. Nothing in the box to alert me to this situation. They don't work and I tried to call them.

What is a pisser is that I had wonderful brakes and I went and screwed them up. I should have waited until I got back to do this.

Any chance to throw the old rears back on, bleed them out and get going?
Larmo63
We did that, one is leaking now. Bad pedal.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 26 2015, 11:08 PM) *

Sucks- at least you weren't on the road when they went out. And no adjustment available on the rears? How is that possible? confused24.gif
I was just over at Erics' earlier today pressing in new rear trailing arm bushings- Would have been able to relay messages to help if I'd known earlier...
euro911
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Mar 26 2015, 10:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 26 2015, 11:08 PM) *
Sucks- at least you weren't on the road when they went out. And no adjustment available on the rears? How is that possible? confused24.gif
I was just over at Erics' earlier today pressing in new rear trailing arm bushings- Would have been able to relay messages to help if I'd known earlier...
Pull the adjusters out of the old calipers and install them in the new calipers.

If your M/C is shot, good to know it now instead of on the road. I know you really want to take your 914, but you don't need a 914 to enjoy the run … I've done it in Toyotas more than in 914s.
Cuda911
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 26 2015, 09:40 PM) *

WARNING: This is what they did to my car at a BBQ when I asked for help soldering my new driving lights.

Love that splitter. Very Bosozoku!!!!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Mar 26 2015, 07:59 PM) *

Wow. You guys seriously went through. Grand Junction and didn't tell me!?!?

I know WTF.gif I thought I had your number in my phone. By the time we ate we were road weary. Sorry. Sandy had to push start the car. I couldn't do it. driving-girl.gif She's the man!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(siverson @ Mar 26 2015, 02:01 PM) *

I didn't think I could make this event, but *maybe* I can bring the green car up on Saturday afternoon.

When/where is the car show & dinner Saturday night? Same place or ? (this is a really long thread!)

-Steve

Steve,

If you can make it I would really like to see your 6.
JRust
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 26 2015, 10:27 PM) *

Pull the adjusters out of the old calipers and install them in the new calipers.

If your M/C is shot, good to know it now instead of on the road. I know you really want to take your 914, but you don't need a 914 to enjoy the run … I've done it in Toyotas more than in 914s.

Ditto that is how Eric sends them out without the adjustor. That is unless you sent him yours to be rebuilt. If you buy a set from him they do not come with the adjustor. Where is it leaking from on the caliper? Bleeder or one of the seals inside?

Between your new set & your old set. Is the leak coming from the same side? Any chance it is your brake line itself. Seems pretty random to have your brakes be fine in the morning. Then upgraded with your new rear calipers. Only to have not only the new set but your old set that was fine leak. Something doesn't sound right there. Not sure when we are coming in or how far away you are from Palm springs. If your close I'd be happy to come by & lend a hand. Not sure I want to touch anyone's 914 though. My luck this trip is for shit dry.gif .
Larmo63
We are going to give it another shot this morning. It would have been nice if I would have known about the rear calipers not being complete. I just assumed for the money I paid, they would have a minute part on them that actually makes them work. I have three sets of rears now, I guess I can cobble something together. Super frustrating. Wish me luck.

We got 'R done!!!!!! See you guys in P. S.
76-914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 27 2015, 05:56 AM) *

We are going to give it another shot this morning. It would have been nice if I would have known about the rear calipers not being complete. I just assumed for the money I paid, they would have a minute part on them that actually makes them work. I have three sets of rears now, I guess I can cobble something together. Super frustrating. Wish me luck.

Call me if you can get it over here this AM; we can go thru it.
76-914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 26 2015, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 26 2015, 10:27 PM) *

Ditto that is how Eric sends them out without the adjustor. That is unless you sent him yours to be rebuilt. If you buy a set from him they do not come with the adjustor. Where is it leaking from on the caliper? Bleeder or one of the seals inside?

Between your new set & your old set. Is the leak coming from the same side? Any chance it is your brake line itself. Seems pretty random to have your brakes be fine in the morning. Then upgraded with your new rear calipers. Only to have not only the new set but your old set that was fine leak. Something doesn't sound right there. Not sure when we are coming in or how far away you are from Palm springs. If your close I'd be happy to come by & lend a hand. Not sure I want to touch anyone's 914 though. My luck this trip is for shit dry.gif .

Call me screwy.gif but I feel terrible about your unfortunate predicament. Especially since it's a Father/Son trip. So I'll make you this one time offer. Whitey is just sitting in the garage awaiting a tear down. You 2 can use her for the event if you'd like. LMK, Kent
RFoulds
I will be at the roadhouse tonight by 8. maybe earlier. music starts at 9. Will check the hotel parking lot earlier to see who is around.
Live Event Uploader
Cabin Fever

IPB Image

StratPlayer
Put that cooler on the center seat and use it as an arm rest.
Live Event Uploader
West bound and down!

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
America

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Fish

IPB Image

Just drove by the Host Hotel not one 914 in sight. Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Waterfall urinal

IPB Image

914_teener
I thought it was next week? av-943.gif

I am leaving now....need to beat traffic.

Rob

Live Event Uploader
Where's Elliott?

IPB Image

Kansas 914
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Mar 27 2015, 12:58 PM) *

Where's Elliott?

IPB Image

Check the pool.
Live Event Uploader
The splendor of Salton Sea

IPB Image

76-914
QUOTE(914 @ Mar 27 2015, 11:23 AM) *

That's a nice looking ride. I don't believe I've ever seen your 914 before. beerchug.gif
Live Event Uploader
Route 66

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Lawrence and Forest arrived

IPB Image

Socalandy

We're in the back
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 27 2015, 01:20 PM) *

We're in the back

We drove all around the whole place..
What time is the parking lot party start??
Thank,Alan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.