Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Live Event Uploader
Blow Me

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Chuckwalla

IPB Image

RFoulds
That's a fun track. I've run Boxster and FF out there, but not a 914 yet. Good tight technical track, well suited for a teener
914_teener
Thanks John for being the semi-organizer.

Nice meeting Rick and Sandy and see ya guys in San Simeon.

I agree with Brant on most enthusiastic.........hard core 914 owner for sure.

Great event, and glad as many showed up, it was fun.
BigFour1973
Did anyone by chance come across some black ray bahns, they're a large frame. Maybe left by the pool? Shoot me a call or text 626-926-0281
Live Event Uploader
Random Target employee with a 914 tatoo in Palm Springs

IPB Image

Larmo63
The drive Saturday was really fun and memorable!!!!

Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

JRust
So one of the more random things. Stopped at target in palm springs to get a a pair of swimming trunks for my son. As we are waiting in line. I see what looks like a 914 tattooed on this guys arm. Once through the I go loom & sure enough it is. Turns out the guy had a 71 914-6 he wrecked in 2004. I invited hi, to stop by the hotel to check out some nice 914's. I leave & head back to the hotel. When I share my story Wills is like. Did you take a picture? I didn't as that seemed weird. Anyway Wills didn't seem to believe me so I went back to get a pic Later. So there you go
Live Event Uploader
Snake

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Lunch stop in my home state

IPB Image

SLITS
Hope all made it home safe.

Hope Brnat sees the Ocean and gets his fill of it.

Can you spell and say Escalante?

The dream is the journey not the destination.

Hopefully see you all in September. Luckily I didn't see any Palm Trees or concrete pads to sleep on in Escalante!

Thanks John! A California Bistro is way to classy for me.

Thanks Andy!

Thanks Brnat!!!!

Thanks Wills (and family)!

Elliot ... I'm old too! It's only 538 miles for me. I'll bring 5 gal of Aviation Gas for you.

I'm not going to go thru the rest of the names ... I'm worn out.

brant
So great to see EVERY ONE!

Thanks to all
And thank you John
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

914_teener
You made it!

Elliot Cannon
I got home about 2:30 this afternoon. 320 miles. Big shout out and thank you to John Peterson for arranging and coordinating. Also a big thanks to socalAndy for helping me clean up some clogged idle jets on my usually reliable Weber carbs. It ran great till about 1.5 hours from home and clogged again. Gonna have to go through them carbs real soon. This was a fun event and if you didn't make it, well, you missed it. biggrin.gif
Cheers, Elliot
Cuda911
Hey all, the outing was great! Had a fantastic time... everything was PERFECT. Thanks for organizing this!!!!

A few pix:
Cuda911
A few more:
VegasRacer
Great party. Thanks to all who attended.
I counted at least 21 teeners. (not all at the same time)
It was good to have a bunch of 'flow' people. Most came for all 3 days. Some for a few hours. Some for a meal. Some for just 1 day. All are welcome.

It was over much to quick. Let's do it again.
Next year will be a traveling circus. MDB2.gif
Start Friday in one town and drive to a new town for Saturday night.
Please - any suggestions on where? confused24.gif

As usual, Elvira got me safely home. wub.gif
For the first time ever, I took the most direct route home.
The transmission worked fine and growled the entire way.
At mid/low rpms it sounds like a race car with straight cut gears.

Awards. first.gif
Best of Show - SoCalAndy
Most 914 Spirit - Brant
Best Original 914 - Ravi
Best Custom 914 - Elliot
Loudest 914 - Mike Wills
Lowest 914 - Me
euro911
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Mar 28 2015, 02:58 PM) *
IPB Image
What's the story behind Elliot's camera encounter with the ceiling fan ? laugh.gif

You mean to tell me that nobody has a video of that? confused24.gif

poke.gif

Thanks for another great fun-run boys & girls ...
oldschool
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 29 2015, 02:59 PM) *

Thanks to all
And thank you John

Ok now I know who you are...Brant Dude I owe you a t-shirt.. I designed one long ago with your car on it... laugh.gif
SharonG
TOTALLY bummed I missed this. sad.gif Loved all the photos. Event planner(s) did an awesome job with the event based on the photos, of course!!! Hope to see you all in Escalante in September. beerchug.gif
Live Event Uploader
Banquet Memu

IPB Image

It was great to meet all of you Guy's.. John You did a Really Great job..One thing I learned this weekend You Guys are really and totally into 914's.I What a 914 weekend...
914/AlanClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(914 @ Mar 29 2015, 08:14 PM) *
It was great to meet all of you Guy's.. John You did a Really Great job..One thing I learned this weekend You Guys are really and totally into 914's.I What a 914 weekend...
914/Alan
Thanks for welcoming us into your home and the tour, Alan. It was nice to meet you and your wife. Glad to see you had a good time hanging out with us parking lot rats laugh.gif
Socalandy
A big thanks to John Peterson and other planners aktion035.gif for another great Route 66 event. Old friends, New Friends party.gif and awesome cars!!!

GoPro video to come in a few days and some more pictures.
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
beerchug.gif
Socalandy
driving.gif
Madswede
Damn those are some great looking cars! shades.gif

And Ron's car too, I see. laugh.gif

Looks like it was fun! Hoping to make RRC15!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 29 2015, 06:44 PM) *

Next year will be a traveling circus. MDB2.gif
Start Friday in one town and drive to a new town for Saturday night.

Start in Flagstaff. Lunch in Jerome. Party in Prescott. aktion035.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914 @ Mar 29 2015, 08:14 PM) *

914/AlanClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

Sorry Alan and to your wife for not able to visit your house! We have to help Andy on his car at the restaurant parking lot. Some members who went to your place they said that you have a very very nice house and they even mentioned that you might plan of selling your house! Hoping before you will be able to sell it, the next time the group will have the event can still visit your place as part of the venue on the itineraries.
God Bless!
JRust
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. Was a bummer not to have my car but was still great to see everyone. Just goes to show you even if you don't have your 914 for an event. You will still have a great time. My son & I left about 5:30 this morning. 1123miles later we are home safely.
rick 918-S
We made it home to MN. A very special thank you to Alan and Terry for sharing their beautiful MCM home with us and for the invitation to stay with them for the weekend. 7 of 9 is parked next to Alan's 914. They are keeping each other company until we return next month for the WCR. Maybe they will assimilate. assimilate.gif happy11.gif

Of all the events Sandy and I have attended we have never been able to make the Route 66. We were committed this year what ever it took. Leaving MN we hit a snow storm head on and pushed on through it. Fortunately we chose the path of least resistance for the rest of the journey. A little more snow as we left Denver heading west. From there it was clear roads and good times!

We were able to caravan out to PS via Route 66 with JP, Jamie and his son JT and Brant.

We are glad to have finally made one of the best events of the year! The west truly has some of the best driving roads in the country. Thanks for the hard work John! and thank my Dr. for the shot. smile.gif

See you all in a month!
brant
QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 29 2015, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Mar 29 2015, 02:59 PM) *

Thanks to all
And thank you John

Ok now I know who you are...Brant Dude I owe you a t-shirt.. I designed one long ago with your car on it... laugh.gif

It always throws me trying to put names and faces together when I'm used to screen names.....

Nice to finally meet
ndfrigi
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 29 2015, 09:15 PM) *

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. Was a bummer not to have my car but was still great to see everyone. Just goes to show you even if you don't have your 914 for an event. You will still have a great time. My son & I left about 5:30 this morning. 1123miles later we are home safely.

That is a long drive and Thank God for your safe trip!

Thank you also John Peterson! for allowing us to join the event even without advance noticed (although I just mentioned it to Lawrence friday night that me and Corey will be joining in the morning). And to all the members for your warm welcome to event newbies. Everyone are so nice and a real 914world member in terms of support, kindness, humble and many more!

Hope everyone made it home safe and for those still on the road take care and have safe trip. Including who flew back like Rick and his family!
G e o r g e
Thanks John for another great event

Good times BS'n with old and new friends

and as always great cars

MoveQik
Great time as always. Home safe and even had the benefit of some overcast skies for part of the trip. Met a lot of new people this year! It would be awesome if we could get that many new faces at all the events!

Wish I could make West Coast but I can't. Hope to see you all in September for Red Rocks!

Huge props to John for organizing everything!
Larmo63
Palm springs was unseasonably HOT even for this time of year, but it proved to be a great place for 914 junkies. The drive we did on Saturday morning will always be etched in my mind. At the start, it was like the start of an all 914 race. In the twistys, Speedy gave it his all and at the downhill part at the end, it was all or nothing, with a sheer cliff on one side. The drive back was incredible; looking in my mirrors and seeing nothing but Porsche 914s three and four wide as far as I could see!
76-914
I filled up about 10 miles from home and this guy on a Harley came up to me and said, "I haven't seen a 914 in years but today I saw 15 or 20 of them in Palm Springs and now I see another!" lol-2.gif
SLITS
Brant stopped by work on his way out of town. Don't know whether he is taking I15 thru Vegas or I40 to Alb. Either way it will be hot for a while.

He managed to play in Newport Beach, Balboa Island and had the clam chowder at the Crab Cooker. He said he had his fill of the Pacific Ocean.

Good luck on the journey Brant Brnat! biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
The absolute worse part of the whole damn weekend was, one of our beloved members got so "faced" he fell asleep in the dirt under a palm tree and NOBODY thought to take a picture or even get creative with a large black "magic marker". WTF.gif Someone suggested that the reason nobody took a picture is because we, as a group, are maturing and are above such things. Uh huh, sure. laugh.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 30 2015, 10:17 AM) *

The absolute worse part of the whole damn weekend was, one of our beloved members got so "faced" he fell asleep in the dirt under a palm tree and NOBODY thought to take a picture or even get creative with a large black "magic marker". WTF.gif Someone suggested that the reason nobody took a picture is because we, as a group, are maturing and are above such things. Uh huh, sure. laugh.gif

Thank God you didn't hurt your hand or fingers when you raised your phone and hit the ceiling fan. And good no one got hit when your phone fell.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 30 2015, 10:06 AM) *

. . . . had the clam chowder at the Crab Cooker.

Yum. One of my favorite places to eat. chowtime.gif
Now that's a California Bistro. (paper plates and all)
MoveQik
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 30 2015, 10:25 AM) *

Thank God you didn't hurt your hand or fingers when you raised your phone and hit the ceiling fan. And good no one got hit when your phone fell.

As a pilot, Ell-yut should know...you always yell "Clear prop!!" before you raise your hands in the air to take a pic.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 30 2015, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 30 2015, 10:25 AM) *

As a pilot, Ell-yut should know...you always yell "Clear prop!!" before you raise your hands in the air to take a pic.

Sir Mike, can't wait to see the video from your Go Pro shots.
Thank you in advance!
Cuda911
The absolute worse part of the whole damn weekend was when one of our beloved members got so "faced" he jammed his hand into a ceiling fan, severing four fingers and making a lethal projectile of a cell phone.

And NOBODY thought to take a picture? WTF.gif Or even get creative with a bowl of salsa?

Someone suggested that the reason nobody took a picture is because we, as a group, are becoming a bunch of senile old geezers. Prolly right.
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.