Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2015 March 27-29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
76-914
Well, your SOL on that green thing but we will hold a virgin asphalt spot for you. I can probably get Elliot to certify that the spot has never before had a 914 parked there. As many liars as we shall have in attendance, I'm pretty sure I can get a few members to 2nd Elliot's pronouncement, as well. Tell ya what, we'll even put a fluorescent flag on your antennae. Will you be wearing special shorts. Don't forget to take lotssssssssss of pic's. shades.gif
MoveQik
Whoa. Wait! There is going to be a lawn? A show? Will there be a special place for my car? Just a note for the judges then.....my car is the ONLY 914 that was EVER produced with the VIN# 4752907123. To say it is rare would be an understatement.
Elliot Cannon
I don't need a special place for my car because ANY place I park my car is special. laugh.gif I will be parked in my own special place on Thursday. (At least that's what my reservation says). I think.
SLITS
I plan on marking all the parking spots with my special brand of oil. One pass and I'm through.
brant
do all of you "special" people have special pants too?
MoveQik
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 20 2015, 10:22 AM) *

Your pants have to match your car. Err-body knows that. Here I am just closing a $20 million dollar deal over seas. rolleyes.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 20 2015, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Mar 20 2015, 10:22 AM) *

Your pants have to match your car. Err-body knows that. Here I am just closing a $20 million dollar deal over seas. rolleyes.gif

Was that the deal with the Nigerian royal family? How much did you send them? smoke.gif
brant
I'm always a step behind the cool kids
SLITS
My underwear matches my car and I treat them the same. Car wash = twice per year; underwear change = turned inside out once per year and washed once a year.
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 20 2015, 08:46 AM) *

Well, your SOL on that green thing but we will hold a virgin asphalt spot for you. I can probably get Elliot to certify that the spot has never before had a 914 parked there. As many liars as we shall have in attendance, I'm pretty sure I can get a few members to 2nd Elliot's pronouncement, as well. Tell ya what, we'll even put a fluorescent flag on your antennae. Will you be wearing special shorts. Don't forget to take lotssssssssss of pic's. shades.gif

Ah......Kent.....it is PS......I will be needing a glow stick on the antenna.
Elliot Cannon
You actually own underwear??
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 26 2014, 02:14 PM) *

Any chance we can get this thread highlighted? biggrin.gif

We don't need this thread highlighted.
Just keep adding a new reply every hour and we can stay in the top ten.
G e o r g e
I like how the City made this flag to celebrate the many factory colors of the 914

Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 26 2014, 02:14 PM) *

Any chance we can get this thread highlighted? biggrin.gif

I will refrain from any comments about Slits underwear.

And........any oil slicks
SLITS
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Mar 20 2015, 02:34 PM) *

I like how the City made this flag to celebrate the many factory colors of the 914

Click to view attachment

What have you been smokin'?
RFoulds
I would like to host a 914 brunch on the Sunday morning. If anyone is interested. I'm in La Quinta.
JRust
I'll be scrapping tonight & tomorrow. Last night was bleeding my brakes. No wonder my pedal was soft. Pumping my pedal brought Fluid out the drivers rear caliper. Guess those seals were blown. No problem as I had a spare PMB to replace it with. Go to put that on & my rotor is either warped or had something behind it. At that point was pissed off so I left it for tonight & tomorrow. Hope it was just some debrees that worked it's way behind. Otherwise a quick turn hopefully will fix. IF not I may have to get creative blink.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 06:27 AM) *

Approximately 37.
Peer pressure always led me to my best decisions.

Call the hotel.

Doubtful.

What size?

OK, I just made a reservation at the hotel for Sat. night. I may need to cancel, but figured it's best to at least book the room for now.

Shirt size: L

Anyone else heading up from San Diego area? Up the 15 and then across the 60 East is the fastest way, but there are MUCH more scenic ways if any one is interested.

76-914 and Lawrence, what routes are you planning to go?

Hmmmm... maybe I still have a half package of hot dogs left over from Eric's cross-country trip send-off party that I could bring. Maybe some leftover potato salad too... it's only a few weeks old.
RFoulds
What happened to the t short order thread???
76-914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 20 2015, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 06:27 AM) *

Approximately 37.
Peer pressure always led me to my best decisions.

Call the hotel.

Doubtful.

What size?

OK, I just made a reservation at the hotel for Sat. night. I may need to cancel, but figured it's best to at least book the room for now.

Shirt size: L

Anyone else heading up from San Diego area? Up the 15 and then across the 60 East is the fastest way, but there are MUCH more scenic ways if any one is interested.

76-914 and Lawrence, what routes are you planning to go?

Hmmmm... maybe I still have a half package of hot dogs left over from Eric's cross-country trip send-off party that I could bring. Maybe some leftover potato salad too... it's only a few weeks old.

Can't speak for Larmo but I'll head over the mountains in the 914 Sat AM. I'd be screwy.gif not to. Friday I'll go in my PU so I'll go out thru the Banning Pass to the dreaded 10.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Mar 20 2015, 06:56 PM) *

What happened to the t short order thread???

It drifted on to page 3.
The deadline to order shirts was Feb 28th.
914_teener
Isn't there a traditional prize for the person who drives the longest on

Route 66?

Or am I just opening myself up for "ribbing".....I can take it. biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Mar 20 2015, 03:53 PM) *

I would like to host a 914 brunch on the Sunday morning. If anyone is interested. I'm in La Quinta.

Thanks for the offer. I expect you will get a few takers, but not many. Most people have their own agenda on Sunday. Any *official' activity plans have historically been a bust.
With so many So Cal peeps this time you may get a good turnout, since they have a relatively short drive home.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 20 2015, 07:09 PM) *

Isn't there a traditional prize for the person who drives the longest on Route 66?

Yes there is a prize for that. . . . . IF you start in Chicago. driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 20 2015, 07:09 PM) *

. . . . am I just opening myself up for "ribbing".....I can take it. biggrin.gif

In the *official* rule book is states that attending this event is an open invitation for 'ribbing'. whip[1].gif

You also get carte blanche to pass it out. happy11.gif
RFoulds
Also, on the Friday night, I'm gonna be at the Palm Canyon Roadhouse right near the hotel. If anyone wants some great roadhouse rock n roll, that's where it is.

And if someone needs a guitar during the stay, I'll bring a Taylor acoustic
Cuda911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 20 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Can't speak for Larmo but I'll head over the mountains in the 914 Sat AM. I'd be screwy.gif not to. Friday I'll go in my PU so I'll go out thru the Banning Pass to the dreaded 10.

Hmmm... not following this... you mean you are going out there Friday, then back to Temecula, then back to palm Springs on Sat. am?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 20 2015, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 20 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Hmmm... not following this... you mean you are going out there Friday, then back to Temecula, then back to palm Springs on Sat. am?

that is what he is saying

Mike did you go look at that craigslist car near you?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Mar 20 2015, 08:26 PM) *

Also, on the Friday night, I'm gonna be at the Palm Canyon Roadhouse right near the hotel. If anyone wants some great roadhouse rock n roll, that's where it is.

Now you're talking. rock_band.gif I know it's only Rock 'n' Roll, but I like it. aktion035.gif

What is a good time for us to show up at the Roadhouse ??
535 S Palm Canyon Dr.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 08:23 PM) *

In the *official* rule book is states that attending this event is an open invitation for 'ribbing'. whip[1].gif

Your 914 will also be subject to our relentless critique. crest.gif
BTW - The number of faults found is usually inversely proportional to how nice the car is.
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 11:06 PM) *

BTW - The number of faults found is usually inversely proportional to how nice the car is.

Prepare for concourse judges :-). For instance.....I am pretty sure Petersons roll cage isn't factory. Minus 5 points!! Don't get me started on that non factory heater....
Cuda911
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Mar 20 2015, 09:25 PM) *

You mean the orange one a few weeks ago? If so, the car sucks. However, it just sold to a guy who is going to replace floor pans, redo the interior, etc. Might be semi-decent after that.
VegasRacer
Palm Springs Weather Forecast pat.gif

Fri. 3/27 Clear. Sunny. High 97. Low 68.
Sat. 3/28 Clear. Sunny. High 98. Low 67.
Sun. 3/29 Clear. Sunny. High 95. Low 65.
JRust
Okay final push. Heading out to the shop to get my drivers rear brake figured out. Hoping my rotor isn't warped. I'm going to pop it off & see if a local place can do a quick turn. Then back to put it all on.

Keep your fingers crossed. One way or the other I will have it back on the road today. Sure be easier if my rotor isn't screwed up though
76-914
Hurry. biggrin.gif
boxstr
Jamie, I have some rotors at CAMP, if you need a new one.
Craig at CAMP
JRust
I took it down & got it turned. All should be good. Although my replacement caliper only has one bleeder while the old had 2. Does that mean it's early or late? Any problem that would cause?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 21 2015, 12:23 AM) *

QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Mar 20 2015, 09:25 PM) *

You mean the orange one a few weeks ago? If so, the car sucks. However, it just sold to a guy who is going to replace floor pans, redo the interior, etc. Might be semi-decent after that.

no the 75 in North County 3 days old. former Porsche Mechanics..... yada yada
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 20 2015, 10:25 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2015, 11:06 PM) *

Prepare for concourse judges :-). For instance.....I am pretty sure Petersons roll cage isn't factory. Minus 5 points!! Don't get me started on that non factory heater....

I know for a fact that Petersons roll cage is NOT factory. It was especially designed so that no one else can get in and then out of his car (except him) without sustaining major injury or at least a bad muscle cramp.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 21 2015, 10:28 AM) *

I know for a fact that Petersons roll cage is NOT factory. It was especially designed so that no one else can get in and then out of his car (except him) without sustaining major injury or at least a bad muscle cramp.

The cage was designed to serve as a 'No Fat Chicks' warning.

(Slender ones with short skirts are more than welcome.)
RFoulds
Friday night at the roadhouse band starts at 9. Really good band. Mark Gregg and Peter Dallas. I'm not the Lulu's type.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2015, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 21 2015, 10:28 AM) *

The cage was designed to serve as a 'No Fat Chicks' warning.

(Slender ones with short skirts are more than welcome.)

Remind me to tell you a funny story similar to your deterrent... laugh.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Mar 21 2015, 02:18 PM) *

I'm not the Lulu's type.

We are not really classy enough for Lulu's either, but they will figure that out when we arrive. happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2015, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Mar 21 2015, 02:18 PM) *

I'm not the Lulu's type.

We are not really classy enough for Lulu's either, but they will figure that out when we arrive. happy11.gif

Well, to be precisely hip enough, you need to drop the 's. It's LULU. Where dee elite meet ta eat! chowtime.gif av-943.gif
JRust
Rotor turned & all installed with pmb caliper. Everything bled out fine. Used a power bleeder for the first time. Makes it a one man job & seems to have worked well. Put a couple hours drive to make sure everything is right. Now just need to pack all my shit. I leave for Vegas tomorrow. Well Reno anyway & Vegas monday piratenanner.gif
VegasRacer

Hey Admins: smilie_flagge6.gif May we please get a Live Uploader for this event. pray.gif
We will have people on the road starting tomorrow and I would be nice to track their progress.
Larmo63
We are doing my five lug conversion Monday-Tuesday.

Wish us luck.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 21 2015, 07:10 PM) *

Well, to be precisely hip enough, you need to drop the 's. It's LULU. Where dee elite meet ta eat! chowtime.gif av-943.gif

and from the Roadhouse'S home page -
Drop in for a beer! We don’t care what your problem is, just get here. And Hey, if your girlfriend’s ugly, bring her along and drink her pretty!
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2015, 07:51 PM) *

Hey Admins: smilie_flagge6.gif May we please get a Live Uploader for this event. pray.gif
We will have people on the road starting tomorrow and I would be nice to track their progress.

Good luck with that. We can't even get highlighted! confused24.gif

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2015, 11:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 21 2015, 07:10 PM) *

and from the Roadhouse'S home page -
Drop in for a beer! We don’t care what your problem is, just get here. And Hey, if your girlfriend’s ugly, bring her along and drink her pretty!

We warned Elyut against skipping English 101. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.