Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2015 March 27-29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
JRust
Just dbl checked on my reservation & it's all good! Looking forward to it
76-914
No worries. If it all turns to stromberg.gif and goes to Hell in a Hand Basket, everyone is invited to "camp out" in my backyard. Sprinklers come on @0630. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 26 2014, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 25 2014, 11:31 PM) *

Fantastic john! Reservation made. Lunch at LULU. http://lulupalmsprings.com/ My favorite vegan restaurant (Palm Greens Café) is just north of the hotel.
Cheers, Elliot

That's the spirit. first.gif Lulu it is for lunch.

We also still need to select a location for the Awards Dinner. Any suggestions? confused24.gif

There has been a slight change. We will not be having lunch at Lulu.
Lunch will be at Peaks Restaurant or Pines Café. (top of the tram ride) chowtime.gif

The Awards Banquet will be at Lulu. smilie_pokal.gif
We will have the balcony as our own private space.
Elliot Cannon
SLITS is gonna LUV LULU. lol-2.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 20 2015, 09:42 AM) *

SLITS is gonna LUV LULU. lol-2.gif

Freakin' Vegans icon8.gif
VegasRacer
Choice of stirthepot.gif
Minestrone Soup
Wild Mushroom Soup
Salad Acqua Pazza
Caesar Salad

chowtime.gif Choice of
Wild Covina Sea Bass splat.gif
Lasagna Bolognese mcmark.gif
Farfalle Primavera clover.gif
Grilled Pork Chop burro.gif

Choice of stones.gif
Tiramisu
Vanilla Ice Cream
Cappuccino Ice Cream
Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake

Socalandy
Are we driving up driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jan 20 2015, 11:51 PM) *

Are we driving up driving.gif

Yes. blink.gif No.

First we are driving around the Mountains. Then we are driving up the mountain and over. Then we will drive down the other side. After that we ride the tram back up the mountain again and have lunch. Finally we ride back down to where we parked our cars. screwy.gif

headbang.gif (just follow and try to keep up)
76-914
On that note John; do you need any help from us locals on which roads or routes for this event? We drive a lot of these on a fairly regular basis and know the good ones. Aw Hell, they're all good in that area. Any road you pick will be fun.
VegasRacer
idea.gif I was thinking this would be a nice 100 mile loop . . . . .
Hwy 111 out of town towards Palm Desert. MDB2.gif
Take the Pines to Palms Hwy. 74. aktion035.gif
Stop at Lake Hemet for a photo opp. coolpics.gif
Turn on to 243, the Banning Idyllwild Panoramic Hwy. piratenanner.gif
a short pull on Interstate 10 from Banning. smilie_flagge24.gif
and back to Palm Springs on Hwy 111, Palm Canyon Drive. aaron.gif
Tramway Road will take us to our lunch stop. chowtime.gif
76-914
Close but no Cigar. I've got to head out this AM but I'll PM you with some alt routes later today or manana. beerchug.gif I can't wait. beerchug.gif Kent

EDIT: I defer, John. That's a beautiful route sans the 10 and parts of 111. There are more challenging roads in the area but that ain't for everyone. Keep your eyes open on the 10. When Ron & I were returning from R66 a couple years ago, a big woman in a big SUV w/ big hair damned near took Ron out when changing from lane 4 to Lane 1 while on the phone. She never saw him.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 22 2015, 08:26 AM) *

That's a beautiful route sans the 10 and parts of 111.

I do my best to avoid driving Elvira on Interstates. ar15.gif
Is there a better option to get back to town? confused24.gif

It's only 11 miles on the I-10 ph34r.gif
Yes, that one stretch of 111 is really boring. yellowsleep[1].gif
76-914
Not in our cars. 4 wheel drive, yes! If there is an interest and no ones in a hurry to get home we could hit some more challenging runs Sunday.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 23 2015, 03:36 PM) *

Not in our cars. 4 wheel drive, yes! If there is an interest and no ones in a hurry to get home we could hit some more challenging runs Sunday.

We fly home Sunday.
I will be out there that weekend..My "4"resides out there..Lulu's is a great place with the Palm Spring's vibe..If any of you guy's are in to Mid Century thing you are welcome to stop by my place for a Beer..Looking forward to meeting you guy's..
Elliot Cannon
We are totally into mid-century design. We've been there for the Modernism Show for years.
Elliot,We will be out there for the Modernism Show too..PM me and maybe we can get together at my place..Would love to meet a fellow tenner..

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 24 2015, 10:59 AM) *

We are totally into mid-century design. We've been there for the Modernism Show for years.

Larmo63
I have collected Mid-Century for years and years. I consider the 914 Mid-Century too.

I'll try to make this event so I can meet some of my fellow 914 geeks.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(914 @ Jan 25 2015, 10:17 AM) *

Elliot,We will be out there for the Modernism Show too..PM me and maybe we can get together at my place..Would love to meet a fellow tenner..

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 24 2015, 10:59 AM) *

Alan was gracious enough to invite us to stay for the weekend at their hip pad. Here's the plan. We drive out to Palm Springs for the event, stay with Alan and his wife at their place, Leave 7 of 9 in his garage in Palm Springs and fly home, Fly back out the end of April and pick up the car for the WCR, Drive home from Cali.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 25 2015, 10:24 AM) *

I have collected Mid-Century for years and years. I consider the 914 Mid-Century too.

I'll try to make this event so I can meet some of my fellow 914 geeks.

Hi Lawrence, I'm thinking of going too but Saturday evening (2nd day) I have to go back after any activities that night.
JRust
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 25 2015, 10:46 AM) *

Alan was gracious enough to invite us to stay for the weekend at their hip pad. Here's the plan. We drive out to Palm Springs for the event, stay with Alan and his wife at their place, Leave 7 of 9 in his garage in Palm Springs and fly home, Fly back out the end of April and pick up the car for the WCR, Drive home from Cali.

Nice Rick! Thats the way to do it piratenanner.gif . Did something similar for Route 66 a few years ago with the creamsicle. Drove to Vegas for work. Left my car with Toast flew home. Then flew down to drive it to Lake Havasu & then back home. Good times smile.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 24 2015, 11:59 AM) *

We went last year and jumped on a home tour. It was awesome as we love the mid-century stuff too. LOVE Palm Springs just for that reason.
rick 918-S
Geeze, Not to change the subject but PS is about Mid Century. We have an architect working on a design similar to this for our lake lot.

VegasRacer
After the tram ride and lunch, the plan has options:
A.) Air Museum http://palmspringsairmuseum.org/
B.) Art Museum http://www.psmuseum.org/
C.) Other - shopping, bars, spa, car repair, whatever.

There is no set itinerary until Lulu's. (cocktails at 7. Dinner at 8.)
Everyone is free to join one of the Museum Tours or Explore on your own.
76-914
What the Hell! I found us on page 2 and that simply will not do. mad.gif Anyway, I thought I should throw this out there. My wife would rather shop than do the tour thingy so if there are any like minded wives that are holding back I can organize a shopping trip w/ my wife in PS while we boy's thrash our vehicles about the turns. Just say the word. BTW John, if you need a hand; holler. I'm much closer than you. beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 27 2015, 01:11 PM) *

BTW John, if you need a hand; holler. I'm much closer than you. beerchug.gif

I have not yet decided who will supply the food for our Friday Night Parking Lot Pizza Party. Suggestions are welcome.
VegasRacer
If you want to order event shirts, please post size and quantity on the official order thread.
914_teener
John....

Need a kitchen pass.

Assume we could show up for the day?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 28 2015, 05:36 PM) *

Assume we could show up for the day?

Anyone and everyone is welcome for any part or all of the weekend.

Heck, you can start the party as soon as you want and carry on long after everyone else has left.
(Last year I arrived at the Red Rock Classic several days late. But it was still a party all the way.)

Elliot likes to show up a week early.

rick 918-S
John can I get a "T" for an 18 month old? My son Aric his wife Ani and their son Soren (my grandson of course. biggrin.gif .)are fly in for the weekend.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 31 2015, 08:01 PM) *

John can I get a "T" for an 18 month old?

Yes, but it will only have the 914/palm tree on the front.
What size? clown.gif Size 2T - 6T are available.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 31 2015, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 31 2015, 08:01 PM) *

John can I get a "T" for an 18 month old?

Yes, but it will only have the 914/palm tree on the front.
What size? clown.gif Size 2T - 6T are available.

Cool! Mema say's 2T driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif
914-300Hemi
Hotel has been booked piratenanner.gif
Larmo63
If the hotel is under construction, does that mean it will be up on jack stands?

Seems like an appropriate place for us to meet.
Elliot Cannon
Why is this on page two? Why is this not highlighted? biggrin.gif
euro911
Why are you whining?
euro911
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 25 2015, 07:03 PM) *
Geeze, Not to change the subject but PS is about Mid Century. We have an architect working on a design similar to this for our lake lot.
Moderne (mo-dern) architecture blink.gif

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 8 2015, 11:24 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 25 2015, 07:03 PM) *
Moderne (mo-dern) architecture blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Oh, I like that! smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
Post and beam construction. OH YAH!
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 9 2015, 03:22 PM) *

Post and beam construction. OH YAH!

Looks like an Eichler.
914_teener
Flat roof = prone to leak.

If you are thinking about that design think about a standing seam sheet metal roof and hard R20 insulation.

76-914
Did a little recon last week. A few pic's from our upcoming Sat run..............

This is the quaint little mountain village we'll pass thru; Idylwilde. Five weeks and counting.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

A shot from Palm Springs parking lot looking back at the mountains

Click to view attachment

forrestkhaag
its going to git real cozy at Larmo's if he doesn't watch out....
In the last recon picture it looks you stopped at the McDonalds off the 111..
76-914
QUOTE(914 @ Feb 17 2015, 04:25 PM) *

In the last recon picture it looks you stopped at the McDonalds off the 111..

You nailed it. Good eye. I had to piss so badly that my teeth were floating. I was duplicating our run and after 30 min's on the 111 I would recommend detours around the 111 where possible.
VegasRacer
5 weeks to go! popcorn[1].gif

A number of people had expressed an interest in attending the Mid Century Architecture Tour Route 66 Classic when it was first announced.

I have not seen any related post from many of you in a long time.

If you are on this list - Please check in.
Do you want a Shirt? How many for Dinner?

Alphaogre
AZ914
boxstr
Chris914n6
craig downs
Cuda911
jim hoyland
JohnStack
Larmo 63
pjhaun
sb914
Travis Neff
VegasRacer
BTW - The hotel says the remodeling should be all done by the time we get there. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
brant
One shirt size large
One dinner please

Thanks John!
rick 918-S
7 of 9 is out of storage beerchug.gif Lost the starter on the way home last fall after the RRC. Had to push start the car the last day. Just installed a new starter. Need to fix a couple things yet but she is out of the shed. Even if we get snow we should be able to battle our way south. We plan to hit I35 to 40 and take the southern route this time. we have never been able to get out this early before. Can hardly wait! driving-girl.gif assimilate.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 21 2015, 11:48 AM) *

5 weeks to go! popcorn[1].gif

A number of people had expressed an interest in attending the Mid Century Architecture Tour Route 66 Classic when it was first announced.

I have not seen any related post from many of you in a long time.

If you are on this list - Please check in.
Do you want a Shirt? How many for Dinner?

914-300Hemi
Alphaogre
AZ914
boxstr
Brant
Chris914n6
craig downs
Cuda911
euro 911
jim hoyland
JohnStack
Larmo 63
pjhaun
sb914
SharonG
Slits
Travis Neff

I'm not on the list. Have I been banned? confused24.gif Oh noooo. I think I'm on the "T" shirt list. Am I OK then?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.