Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2015 March 27-29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
VegasRacer
This year will be the 11th Annual Route 66 Classic. Last year we were in our furthest east location, Albuquerque.
This year we set a new western record and bring the party to Palm Springs. Come join us for the fun and fellowship.

The host hotel is the Travelodge Palm Springs. 1277 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264. (760) 325-5574.
Please, book your room as soon as you can.
The manager said we would be able to find better deals on-line than what he could offer in our circumstances. ($80 + fees was the best I found) Pets are allowed.
Put "Porsche Club" in the special request field and post here after you make your reservation. The hotel will give us rooms near the back corner of the parking lot.

Friday - Arrive in Palm Springs. Parking lot pizza party.

Saturday - 9:14 am - Driving tour in the San Jacinto Mts. Hwy 74
1:00 pm - Lunch at La Tablita . Mid century modern architecture tour. Ariel Tram ride. Car Show. Shopping. Museums. Galleries. Etc.
7:30pm - Awards Dinner at Lulu's. Parking Lot Activities to follow.

Sunday - Go Home.

Email your pictures to: IPB Image

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Love Palm Springs! Let's see if we can get the car out of the snow bank THIS year. dry.gif
Elliot Cannon
Fantastic john! Reservation made. Lunch at LULU. http://lulupalmsprings.com/ My favorite vegan restaurant (Palm Greens Café) is just north of the hotel.
Cheers, Elliot
MoveQik
Reservations made! beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm in... smile.gif
76-914
Hey, it's in my backyard. No motel needed. biggrin.gif Bring your wives, they can go shopping with mine. dry.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 25 2014, 11:31 PM) *

Fantastic john! Reservation made. Lunch at LULU. http://lulupalmsprings.com/ My favorite vegan restaurant (Palm Greens Café) is just north of the hotel.
Cheers, Elliot

That's the spirit. first.gif Lulu it is for lunch.

We also still need to select a location for the Awards Dinner. Any suggestions? confused24.gif
JRust
Room Reserved aktion035.gif
Elliot Cannon
Any chance we can get this thread highlighted? biggrin.gif
SLITS
I'm out ........ no vegan crap for me. It would spoil my longevity diet of chocolate syrup and ruffles tater chips.
michael7810
I'm out. My daughter's twins are due March 23rd. Hopefully I can make WCR at the end of April.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 26 2014, 02:55 PM) *

I'm out ........ no vegan crap for me. It would spoil my longevity diet of chocolate syrup and ruffles tater chips.

Afraid you might run into someone you know there? av-943.gif Someone from the mountain?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 26 2014, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 25 2014, 11:31 PM) *

Cheers, Elliot

That's the spirit. first.gif Lulu it is for lunch.

We also still need to select a location for the Awards Dinner. Any suggestions? confused24.gif

Maybe here for awards dinner. North end of town, older place but might have a room we can use. http://www.billyreedspalmsprings.com/home.html
JStroud
I won't be making it......I'll be in a cabin at Yosemite beer3.gif in front of the fireplace and driving the roads through Yosemite......wife reminded me blah blah 60th birthday, blah blah 30th anniversary blah blah.... Reservations made...blah blah same weekend....blah blah.....Yosemite it is...... drunk.gif

Have fun guys!!
sb914
I'm in, perfect weather that time of year. driving.gif
rick 918-S
http://www.kaisergrille.com/index.htm Across the street from LuLu's. There's lots of room. We have eaten at both. Both Lulu's and the Kaiser Grille are busy places.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(JStroud @ Nov 26 2014, 07:39 PM) *

I won't be making it......I'll be in a cabin at Yosemite beer3.gif in front of the fireplace and driving the roads through Yosemite......wife reminded me blah blah 60th birthday, blah blah 30th anniversary blah blah.... Reservations made...blah blah same weekend....blah blah.....Yosemite it is...... drunk.gif

Have fun guys!!

that is my favorite place on this earth,enjoy
TravisNeff
Room booked!
Larmo63
We have a family home there, I'm in.
sb914
Nice, staying at larmos pad poke.gif
euro911
Cool, this Rt-66 doesn't appear to conflict with any other events on my calendar idea.gif
craig downs
Cool, its been a long time since a major club event in my area. I'd be a fool not to attend this one.
Socalandy
Booked piratenanner.gif
Chris914n6
I don't think I will have the car road worthy a month early, but maybe things will go smooth for a change.
VegasRacer
A 914 is not required to attend. In fact there is usually an award for the Best Non-NARP.
JRust will be and I will be a Las Vegas caravan. Join us. It will be good to roll with you again Chris.
AZ914
Room booked!
Chris914n6
My daily beater is more of a utility sort for an off-pavement sport. However it does make a good transport for a vq35. piratenanner.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 26 2014, 02:55 PM) *

WTF.gif This Rt66 is a lot closer for both of us next year. You better show up. There won't be any vegan crap till the next morning. Every morning. Regularly.
Elliot Cannon
Nothing to add. Just wanted to icon_bump.gif.
pjhaun
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 25 2014, 08:53 PM) *

This year will be the 11th Annual Route 66 Classic. Last year we were in our furthest east location, Albuquerque.
This year we set a new western record and bring the party to Palm Springs. Come join us for the fun and fellowship.

The host hotel is the Travelodge Palm Springs. 1277 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264. (760) 325-5574.
The manager said we would be able to find better deals on-line than what he could offer in our circumstances. ($80 + fees was the best I found) Pets are allowed.
Put "Porsche Club" in the special request field and post here after you make your reservation. The hotel will give us rooms near the back corner of the parking lot.

Saturday - Driving tour in the San Jacinto Mts. Hwy 74
Lunch TBD. Ariel Tram ride. Car Show. Shopping. Museums. Galleries. Etc.
Awards Dinner and Parking Lot Activities.

Sunday - Go Home.

Click to view attachment

Is there anywhere to park a car trailer?
Thank You!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Dec 22 2014, 11:44 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 25 2014, 08:53 PM) *

Saturday - Driving tour in the San Jacinto Mts. Hwy 74
Lunch TBD. Ariel Tram ride. Car Show. Shopping. Museums. Galleries. Etc.
Awards Dinner and Parking Lot Activities.

Sunday - Go Home.

Click to view attachment

Is there anywhere to park a car trailer?
Thank You!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

I would call the hotel and ask. There might be an RV park/storage place that will let you park it there for a few days.
boxstr
Best burgers in PS on palm canyon drive, Tyler's.
Craig at CAMP
euro911
Booked a room today. I tried to book it online with the AARP discount, but it won't work for that particular weekend confused24.gif ... so I called and got a AAA discount smile.gif

TOTAL ROOM RATE: (2 nights) $ 125.98 US DOLLAR SPOT (Taxes are not included)

I guess the person I spoke with doesn't know much about PORSCHE clubs or the marque in general - UNDER GROUP: PORSCHA CLUB screwy.gif

... or maybe he has heard of 914s - as he asked if I needed a rental car while I was in town laugh.gif
brant
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 23 2014, 07:39 PM) *

Booked a room today. I tried to book it online with the AARP discount, but it won't work for that particular weekend confused24.gif ... so I called and got a AAA discount smile.gif

TOTAL ROOM RATE: (2 nights) $ 125.98 US DOLLAR SPOT (Taxes are not included)

I guess the person I spoke with doesn't know much about PORSCHE clubs or the marque in general - UNDER GROUP: PORSCHA CLUB screwy.gif

... or maybe he has heard of 914s - as he asked if I needed a rental car while I was in town laugh.gif

Great price mark.
I need to see if I can cancel my online reservation. It's 180. ???
I'll try tomorrow and then call myself. Can't believe you saved 55?
Alphaogre
This looks like a blast. I'll prob call and reserve a room after Christmas.
euro911
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Dec 23 2014, 06:59 PM) *
This looks like a blast. I'll prob call and reserve a room after Christmas.
I wouldn't wait too long. They won't charge your CC until the day you check out. Also, you can cancel your reservation up until 48 hours prior to your reserved check in date.
76-914
I'm going but I ain't getting a room! biggrin.gif
boxstr
Unfortunately my home in Palm Desert is rented for the whole month. I may have to get a room at the hotel.
Craig at CAMP
Cuda911
Sounds good. I still need to check the calendar. If that weekend is open, I'm in. Also, its a couple days after my birthday, so feel free to bring gifts.
76-914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Dec 23 2014, 11:14 PM) *

Sounds good. I still need to check the calendar. If that weekend is open, I'm in. Also, its a couple days after my birthday, so feel free to bring gifts.

Mike, are your plans to commute? If so we could hook up Saturday AM for the run over the mountains to Palm Springs.
brant
just cancelled my online reservation and called to make a reservation over the phone. adult male on the phone told me he is the new owner and that they close on the property in 2 weeks. Told me that he may not be honoring previous reservations and wouldn't make one with me...

wtf!

claimed he had told expedia 2 weeks ago that he would be remodeling and may not be open in march. Uncertain until he closes on the property.
not super friendly about any of it

I'll give John a heads up
probably will play out in 2 weeks and be fine
brant
VegasRacer
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 24 2014, 09:33 AM) *

Stay tuned for more details as they become available. popcorn[1].gif
euro911
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 24 2014, 09:33 AM) *
just cancelled my online reservation and called to make a reservation over the phone. adult male on the phone told me he is the new owner and that they close on the property in 2 weeks. Told me that he may not be honoring previous reservations and wouldn't make one with me...

wtf!

claimed he had told expedia 2 weeks ago that he would be remodeling and may not be open in march. Uncertain until he closes on the property.
not super friendly about any of it

brant
Wow ... just wow WTF.gif

Wonder if it's a situation like a car dealership my sis-in-law used to work for ... two brothers actually owned it, but they transferred full ownership of the business back and forth between them every year, so the employees never gained enough seniority to earn vacation time, etc.

Just got my Westy back from the shop today - maybe I'll just drive the Westy and take a seat in Elliot's car poke.gif
rick 918-S
Drat! I was just thinking I should get in gear and make a reservation. WTF.gif
SLITS
Kinda along the lines of Torrey, UT.
VegasRacer
I spoke with the host hotel manager today. Yes, the place is being sold. Yes, there will be construction going on when we are there. Our existing reservations should not be a problem. (Escrow for the sale is still 2+ weeks away.) The new owners will have more details to follow. Some of the on-line booking sites will accept a new reservations. Some will not. He said they currently show 14 reservations for our group. smilie_wirdgut.gif
brant
hooray!!!

MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 9 2015, 02:15 PM) *

I spoke with the host hotel manager today. Yes, the place is being sold. Yes, there will be construction going on when we are there. Our existing reservations should not be a problem. (Escrow for the sale is still 2+ weeks away.) The new owners will have more details to follow. Some of the on-line booking sites will accept a new reservations. Some will not. He said they currently show 14 reservations for our group. smilie_wirdgut.gif

I just called to double check mine and I was good to go :-)
Elliot Cannon
Any change in hotel status? Construction while we're there?
VegasRacer

No.

Maybe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.