Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CptTripps' Real Progress Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
CptTripps
GIANT progress today...I'll post pics tomorrow.

Got the car back from paint...looks amazing.
Installed all new seals...all of them.
Put the Valances, Bumpers and Rocker panels back on.
Installed the rear window.
Installed all the door glass.
Replaced the felt in the door for the windows.
Installed Dynamat in about 80% of the interior. DEAD quiet in there now.

More to come tomorrow!
McMark
I have a brake light switch ready to go out if you need one. wink.gif Nice work! Can't wait for pics.
Dead Air
Two points to make:

1. Capt tripps was a blur at the sawsall party in Cleveland. Even if doing something; out of order, against better advice or just plain wrong, he was still twice as fast as everyone else. wink.gif
He has no patience for down time. It's not about his wife or his job or anything...It's just the way he is!

2. Why do we have to wait for tomorrow??!! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
CptTripps
I THINK that was a compliemnt? wink.gif

Ok...I'm up and ready to jump back you there...

Thanks Mark. I'll PM you my address. Let me know what I owe you.
redshift
Awright!

Hurry.. I am going to be busy listening for bad 70 year old glue joints today, and then listening to an asshole play banjo for almost two hours..

I need good news... and pictures.

M
Verruckt
QUOTE (redshift @ May 21 2005, 06:48 AM)
Awright!

Hurry.. I am going to be busy listening for bad 70 year old glue joints today, and then listening to an asshole play banjo for almost two hours..

I need good news... and pictures.

M

Just watch your back wink.gif

user posted image
MoveQik
QUOTE (CptTripps @ May 20 2005, 09:59 PM)
GIANT progress today...I'll post pics tomorrow.

Got the car back from paint...looks amazing.
Installed all new seals...all of them.
Put the Valances, Bumpers and Rocker panels back on.
Installed the rear window.
Installed all the door glass.
Replaced the felt in the door for the windows.
Installed Dynamat in about 80% of the interior. DEAD quiet in there now.

More to come tomorrow!

Is it tomorrow yet?? Lets see the pics! clap.gif
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Come one Doug! Let's see 'um. Slacker... biggrin.gif
Dead Air
I think tomorrow was yesterday confused24.gif
CptTripps
Sorry...I got busy and didn't want to stop. biggrin.gif

Importing pics now....
CptTripps
Ok...First the stuff from Friday.

Here are the new trunk seals from the AA kit...

user posted image
CptTripps
And the outer door seal. I put these two in so the paint wouldn't chip on the way home.

user posted image
CptTripps
I made my own rubber grommets for the valances by cutting up an old hose.

user posted image
CptTripps
Worked real well!

user posted image
CptTripps
Front Bumper Installed. I'm going to adjust the hood later...I need the seal in there first.

user posted image
CptTripps
Back Bumper...nice and shiney.

(NAMDRAH is my last name backwards...my other car is HARDMAN)

user posted image
CptTripps
Here's a good body shot. This thing glistens in the sun...I'm SO pleased with the paint!

user posted image
CptTripps
Installing the back glass....GREAT thread here on that BTW!

user posted image
CptTripps
Hey! It Works!

user posted image
CptTripps
Put the 3rd brake light in...

user posted image
CptTripps
Put DynaMat in the interior...deadened the CRAP out of the panels. VERY nice...wish I had more. (I've ordered a bunch more already!)

user posted image
CptTripps
Re-Built the outer-inner felt bad for the windows. I need to order the inner-inner ones. Easy install with parts from Lowes. Took me an hour, and looks/works VERY well.

user posted image
CptTripps
Here are the outer window seals installed. This pic takes us to the end of what I did Friday...

user posted image
CptTripps
I started Saturday by re-covering the top-back dash. I used vynal that I got from Morphenspectra that matches the door panels I bought, and the center console. (diamond punch)

user posted image
CptTripps
Did the dash face too...

user posted image
CptTripps
Here is the rest of the interior stuff I need to cram in there...

user posted image
CptTripps
Next Samson (newto914s) came over and we put the dash in. Sam REALLY liked this part! ("I give up...I cant get to that screw!")

user posted image
CptTripps
Then we put the back-pad on. I had to re-drill a few holes after I put the chassis-stiffening kit in. Forgot about that part!

user posted image
CptTripps
:::: FAST FORWARD BECAUSE MY BATTERY DIED ::::

Samson got the seats built for me, while I worked on the threasholds, seals and side carpet. (As seen in the pic above.)

Then we re-blead the brakes, and THAT is when trouble started. We did all three leading up to the drivers front. We could NOT get the tire off the rim. Sounds funny, but YOU try to get that thing off of there! (Yes, we took all 4 bolts off!) So I figured I'd just bleed around it...then the bleeder valve broke off. "No Problem" I thought...I've got an easy-out! Then the Easy-Out broke off inside the broken bleeder. I have NO clue how I'm going to get THAT out of there. I got cleand up and went out to dinner with my wife.

Then I came home, and got back to work...time to see if the carpet fits.

user posted image
michelko
more, give me more drooley.gif
CptTripps
I've got a short-shift kit installed, and the center I got from Morphenspectra doesn't allow for that, so I had to mod it a bit.

First I had to raise the face up to clear the height of the riser. I also had to move the floor up to match.

user posted image
CptTripps
I also had to slice part of the riser. I think I may just go to the top, and bottom of this, as it's still a little too 'FAT' for under there. Maybe take it back to just outside the bolts.

user posted image
CptTripps
I also put the targa-door seals in last night before I went in to bed.

So there are your pics...and progress for Friday and Saturday...Time to go make some MORE...

Today I plan on finishing the interior, seals, and getting a radio in there, and driving it to see my Dad and then my Grandparents. Should be a fun day..

I'll check back in later. This part is FUN!
Verruckt
It's people like you that make the rest of us look bad...
user posted image

I was cutting out the last of my floorpan last night and my wife asked "how long is this going to take before you can drive it?" I said "who do you think I am? Captain Tripps?!?!?!" lol2.gif
She didnt know what I was talking about, and I didn't feel like explaining it. But everyone here will know what I'm talking about. wink.gif

Dude you ROCK! smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
clap.gif
tdgray
Go Doug GO! smilie_pokal.gif

Ya know when you get that thing done your gonna have ta bring it down to show my wife what the hell a finished 914 looks like. She doen't believe me. wink.gif

Allan
Doug,

How hard was it to replace the targa to window seals???
MoveQik
Looks fantastic! Of course I like it...its looks somewhat familiar. See my blog.

I can't wait to see your car finished.
MoveQik
What color yellow did you use?
CptTripps
Verruckt: That's funny...my wife just rolled her eyes when I read that to her.

Gint: Thanks!

Todd: I'm headed to Akron to show my Dad tonight.

Headrage: That's the ONE seal I haven't put back on yet. I did the ones from the Targa BAR to the windshield, that one was easy.

MW 914: Saturn Yellow.

I got the radio and speakers in, as well as all the interior trim today...pics later.
newto914s
Nice work Doug smilie_pokal.gif
Did you ever get that wheel off. I'd be over there right now, but it turns out I'm leaking fuel. never a good thing in an air-cooled car.

MW 914, he used Saturn Yellow I I believe, like his color code L 13 m
Brando
Wow doug, every picture update looks better and better!
CptTripps
It's important to remember tu use more butle (sp?) under the weatherstrips on the wondscreen, and the targa bar.

user posted image
CptTripps
Here's the Stereo and Speakers installed. This is just a temporary install, I'm going to use different speakers powered by an amp, but it gets me music.

user posted image
CptTripps
Here's a shot of the interior as it stands. I need to take some time to figure out the wiring for the center console. I also finished the install of the door panels, and the associated hardware there.

user posted image
CptTripps
I re-covered the padding in the rear trunk. I have had it in my attic for about 6mos to make SURE it's dry. Then I sealed it, and then I covered it with fusion bonding (spray adhesive) and added the carpet.

user posted image
CptTripps
Looks pretty sharp like this...

user posted image
CptTripps
This is the paint. NICE and shiney!

user posted image
CptTripps
Here's the shot of the test-fit of the targa top. I need to wash it up a bit. I DID put the 'sammy seal' in the back, Just arrived on Saturday...perfect timing!

user posted image
xsboost90
very nice! hey drive it down saturday and if we get mine going we can go for a drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.