Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CptTripps' Real Progress Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
CptTripps
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jun 7 2005, 02:24 PM)
What's next?

Funny you should ask....

I think I'm going to do a Six this winter.
TravisNeff
You fool! laugh.gif

I can't wait to see progress pics of the next project! It's cheaper for me to watch you do a conversion than to do one myself wink.gif
morph
congrats on your build. It takes a lot of hard work, $$$$, dedication, and a strange love for these little cars to do what you have done. I'm glad and proud to be of assistance in your car build.The shift knob came from Thompson MFG(ryan thompson),and again congrats.
james
appearance & performance

a six build would be cool!
Dead Air
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jun 7 2005, 03:40 PM)
You fool! laugh.gif

I can't wait to see progress pics of the next project! It's cheaper for me to watch you do a conversion than to do one myself wink.gif

[QUOTE]
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, I'm going to find the right tub and start there. I think there is a LOT to do before I have to settle on an engine. That way I can take my time, and not rush it.

I've done one in record time, let's see what I can accomplish if I take a year on something. I like a LOT of the things joe did on the 914RS. I'll see how close to that I can get without going overboard....not that it's a BAD thing!
xsboost90
not gonna make it this weekend. Gotta run to louisville to paint a car for a guy, and my tranny is out.
dagdal1967
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 3 2007, 09:34 AM) *

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Don't do it... I sold my very original '73 signal orange car that was in EXCELLENT condition for roughly the same reason you are and regretted it EVERY DAY after the event. headbang.gif And even though I have a new one now, I am still kicking myself for letting that one go!

Don't give her up!

VaccaRabite
Oh no!

This resto thread has been one of my biggest resources when planning and working on my car. Its too bad you feel the need to sell the car. At least you know that you can rebuild another if you ever want to.

Zach
CptTripps
I wish I could keep it.

I'm buying the company I work for and I need all the cash I can get right now. To be honest, I'm looking forward to the day I can do another one. There are SO many things I wish I could do over again, so it doesn't hurt me as bad as you'd think.

I regret selling my first one, I'll regret selling this one, and I'll buy another some day. No worries...that's life.
Gint
A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do...

Best of luck Doug. Go man!
buzzard
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 3 2007, 05:24 PM) *

I wish I could keep it.

I'm buying the company I work for and I need all the cash I can get right now. To be honest, I'm looking forward to the day I can do another one. There are SO many things I wish I could do over again, so it doesn't hurt me as bad as you'd think.

I regret selling my first one, I'll regret selling this one, and I'll buy another some day. No worries...that's life.

Doug

Spent the hour today going through your entire build ..wow ...what else can you say. Then saw with shock the ebay list and now the delist.

Decide to keep her??? After all Cleveland is only 5hrs from Toronto. You definitely had my interest peaked.

Enough mods to keep her interesting but not enough to chnage the look.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
just a thought that all of these panels are available in rust repair variety to make for a nicer cleaner more factory result. We also like to use the floor pan tar just like the factory and then we paint it the factory match color. Again just a thought. the repair panels are cheap. We also do not cut away the quarter panel when replacing the inner wheel well.
JPB
Nice work and worth every penny of 9K. beer.gif
CptTripps
Just decided to pop in to see everyone.

Boy, does this thread ever bring back memories. wink.gif
jd74914
Hi Doug wavey.gif

How's life?
neo914-6
your avatar looks like Javier Bardem laugh.gif
CptTripps
I'm back!

I've got the bug to do another...so I'm getting my ducks in a row to give this a whirl again.

I also just realized that all the links to my pics are down. I need to turn the web server back on for that domain to load everything back up again.

Man...it's been almost 9 years. Hard to believe...
Chris H.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MAN!????!?!?!?!

Welcome back. Can't wait for another break-neck speed build. That yellow car was very nice.
CptTripps
Yeah, I saw one on the road last week and it got me thinking...

I've looked at 2-3 cars so far, and made a guy an offer on one last night. Just looking for a good body/chassis this time around. I'm going to do steel flares, re-paint, and a turbo subie this winter. Gotta find something for the rest of this summer though!
jbyron
Doug - did you see this one in the classifieds?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214565
rick 918-S
bye1.gif assimilate.gif
r_towle
poke.gif alien_2.gif poke.gif
VaccaRabite
Woohoo! Good to see you back!
CptTripps
QUOTE(jbyron @ Aug 16 2013, 03:25 PM) *

I did. I'm looking for something I can drive for a few months while I stock-pile parts for the winter. Rollers are great, but driving is better. ;-)
rick 918-S
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Aug 16 2013, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(jbyron @ Aug 16 2013, 03:25 PM) *

I did. I'm looking for something I can drive for a few months while I stock-pile parts for the winter. Rollers are great, but driving is better. ;-)

Something you can weld in the parking lot? shades.gif welder.gif You can always return the welder av-943.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 17 2013, 10:33 PM) *

Something you can weld in the parking lot? shades.gif welder.gif You can always return the welder av-943.gif

That was seriously one of the more epic "Doug Moments" (as my wife would call them) I've had. That car ended up back here in Cleveland, and was re-sold a few months back. Vince did a great job on it. I still laugh about that every time I pass the welders at Home Depot.

Thanks for all the "welcome back" posts guys. I appreciate it.
Chris H.
So did you but that V8 car yet? What a steal. Even if you want to make it a WRX conversion you could sell that engine/trans for a pretty penny.
CptTripps
I'm seriously thinking about it. That may fir the bill quite well.

Waiting on pics. Anyone local to him that could take a look for me?
bulitt
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Aug 16 2013, 01:58 PM) *

I'm back!

I've got the bug to do another...so I'm getting my ducks in a row to give this a whirl again.

I also just realized that all the links to my pics are down. I need to turn the web server back on for that domain to load everything back up again.

Man...it's been almost 9 years. Hard to believe...

Yes, please turn the pics back on!
CptTripps
QUOTE(bulitt @ Aug 19 2013, 09:48 AM) *

Yes, please turn the pics back on!

Just got the server back up and running. I'm re-naming all the pics now so I can get them back up and running. Should only take me another hour or so. ;-)

::: Update :::
Yeah...so re-numbering a bunch op pics is a giant PITA. I'll have to find an old drive and see if I can pull them off it. Later tonight I can tackle that.
CptTripps
Hmm...Well that KINDA worked. They're huge and out of order, but I'm closer than I was!

I'll work on it tonight.
Gint
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 3 2007, 03:24 PM) *
I wish I could keep it.

QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 3 2007, 05:21 PM) *

A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do...

Best of luck Doug. Go man!

Hi Doug! sunglasses.gif How'd that part of life work out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.