Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) June 7-9 2019:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
sb914
Click on 914-7t3 and it will give you the option to send a message.
second wind
That puts us at 50....do I hear 60? 31 914's at last Saturday's get together and it was fantastic....60 should be absolutely WILD!!!! 50 will be out of this this world, but I like to aim high.....getting a bit excited....I love talking and meeting 914 people....it's just me....I like it....
gg
Tonyooc
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Mar 22 2019, 05:03 PM) *

I should be up and running by then. How to you RSVP

Thank you
Tonyooc
This is for 914_7T3. Please add me to Sundays WCR.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Mar 25 2019, 02:56 PM) *

This is for 914_7T3. Please add me to Sundays WCR.

PM Sent
914_7T3
T-Shirt Reveal and Order thread is going live shortly thanks to the efforts of @SoCalAndy

beerchug.gif

Andyrew
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Mar 26 2019, 12:14 PM) *

T-Shirt Reveal and Order thread is going live shortly thanks to the efforts of @SoCalAndy

beerchug.gif

piratenanner.gif

IMHO one of the most difficult pieces of the puzzle.

Looking forward to the design!
Socalandy
Sneak peek sunglasses.gif event sponsor logos will be on the lower back area

Order thread in a few days
wes
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 27 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Sneak peek sunglasses.gif

I like it.
Coondog
Awesome, flare it and it will look like mine........ first.gif

Think I am going to order several

How about long sleeve option ???
ConeDodger
That! ^ evilgrin.gif
914_7T3
Alternate route for Friday Morning Run as the Cal Trans will require another two months in which to fix the road.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Jeffery, I went there with my wife and church members the other weekend to check our church camp site (Angeles Crest Christian Camp). the detour was a lot of miles to get back to Hiway 2. I noticed several porsches and bikes drove up there and hanged out at one of the place up there.
A nice clean road for a good drive for our 914s.
narino
Just saw this! I'm in! I won't need a room as I live in the area.

Now I just need to get the car running...

914_7T3
QUOTE(narino @ Mar 29 2019, 05:31 PM) *

Just saw this! I'm in! I won't need a room as I live in the area.

Now I just need to get the car running...

@narino Please PM me your email address as we will be sending schedules via email and not posting publicly. Will also add you to the attendee list in Post #2 of this thread.

driving.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 29 2019, 05:10 PM) *

Jeffery, I went there with my wife and church members the other weekend to check our church camp site (Angeles Crest Christian Camp). the detour was a lot of miles to get back to Hiway 2. I noticed several porsches and bikes drove up there and hanged out at one of the place up there.

The entire drive is only 36 miles and 53 minutes from the start point. This route offers something for everyone as the 4 Bangers are going to love the twistys and the Big Motor Conversion cars can really "open Up" especially on the Sweeps on Upper Big Tujunga Rd.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Mar 29 2019, 06:06 PM) *

The entire drive is only 36 miles and 53 minutes from the start point. This route offers something for everyone as the 4 Bangers are going to love the twistys and the Big Motor Conversion cars can really "open Up" especially on the Sweeps on Upper Big Tujunga Rd.

the only thing u need is to avoid those bicyclist. There is a lot of them when we went there saturday morning.
Andyrew

Hey, some of us 4 bangers love to open up on the sweepers as well smile.gif

Looks like a blast. Should be a great time.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 29 2019, 09:31 PM) *

Hey, some of us 4 bangers love to open up on the sweepers as well smile.gif

Looks like a blast. Should be a great time.

We certainly can, however it'll take a few seconds extra to get there.

sunglasses.gif

jcd914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 27 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Sneak peek sunglasses.gif event sponsor logos will be on the lower back area

I like the 914 50 design, especially the shadowed 914.
I don't quite get the California piece on the front without any 914 with it but that is minor.

Thanks to everyone that is putting in time and effort to make this an epic event!

Jim
76-914
I have a room but I'm still listed as No Motel! huh.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 1 2019, 07:03 AM) *

I have a room but I'm still listed as No Motel! huh.gif

Updated

drunk.gif
914_7T3
Speaking of hotels, we now have 26 rooms booked, however booking links have been provided to over 40 people.

For those that have yet to make their reservation, please do so so we can add more rooms. Credit cards are not charged until the weekend so no reason to not get your reservation taken care of.

If the numbers are correct, we are already sold out and don't know it yet.

@ConeDodger @wes @jcd914 @SocalAndy @ValcoOscar @VegasRacer
914_7T3
Speaking of hotels, we now have 26 rooms booked, however booking links have been provided to over 40 people.

For those that have yet to make their reservation, please do so so we can add more rooms. Credit cards are not charged until the weekend so no reason to not get your reservation taken care of.

@Andyrew @Larmo63 @914Toy @Steve @jim_hoyland @Coondog

@second wind @don-6 @PanelBilly @Heeltoe914
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Apr 1 2019, 11:05 AM) *

@ConeDodger @wes @jcd914 @SocalAndy @ValcoOscar @VegasRacer

My room is booked for Fri & Sat. I have a confirmation # so I'll have to double check just in case but should be good. driving.gif

Oscar
914_7T3

@Mike D @SbuddyKL1 @dan10101 @Chi-Town
@BuddyV @76-914 @Chris914n6 @Matty900 @strawman @PDXMike
914_7T3

@mtndawg @banananose914 @MartyYeoman @echocanyons @JRust @Mikey914
@914 RZ-1 @Unpretentious @FL 000
914_7T3

@Blue6 @Drem914 @914z @DTMLGND @jbcottrell @VG-914 @Carl La Fong @narino
ConeDodger
I’m booked... confused24.gif
Steve
I’m booked
914_7T3
Just to clarify, we are not privvy to the booking information other than the actual # of rooms reserved.

If you are booked and have a confirmation you are good to go. For those that have not completed your reservations, we recommend taking care of that ASAP so you are not on the outside looking in.

beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Booked
dan10101
I'm booked. No fooling... lol-2.gif
VegasRacer
Booked and confirmed.
914 RZ-1
I'm not staying at the hotel. I'm local.
jcd914
Booked back in February and have the confirmation number.
It's on my household calendar, my work calendar and my vacation schedule at work.

Just need to get my car done.

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 2 2019, 12:38 AM) *

It's on my household calendar, my work calendar and my vacation schedule at work.

Jim

I was going to remind you but since you brought it up, what did you do to the car today Jim? poke.gif
914_7T3
Here are several of the award categories with others to be announced during the event!

Best -6
Best -4
Best engine conversion
Most original
Best patina
Best Interior
Best Engine
Best narrow body
Best wide body
Best of Show
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 1 2019, 09:36 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 2 2019, 12:38 AM) *

Jim

I was going to remind you but since you brought it up, what did you do to the car today Jim? poke.gif

Not much today but in the last few weeks I replaced the transmission tail housing, install a clutch and pressure plate, cleaned & lubed a very dry but smooth throw out bearing, bolted the engine and transmission bolted together and finished the wiring to the fuel pump.
So if my daughter wasn't visiting this weekend I might install the engine but I'll get some stuff done this week and on the weekend even with her visit.

Jim
Matty900
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Apr 1 2019, 11:12 AM) *

@Mike D @SbuddyKL1 @dan10101 @Chi-Town
@BuddyV @76-914 @Chris914n6 @Matty900 @strawman @PDXMike

I did make my hotel reservation. So I with be there +1
914_teener
Just some ancillary info for those that come with others who don't want to drive or don't have cars from out of state.

There is a Gold Line Train station nearby where if you want to do a bar crawl in Pasadena and not deal with the traffic it is a cool deal. Cost about a $1.75 from that station to Pasadena.

I know this is a car thing but it is an option for significant others that don't have rides or want to do something else and not deal with parking or traffic later in the day during the week.
drem914
Booked for Fri. and Sat. night. Driving up Friday morning, locally.
914_teener
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Apr 1 2019, 10:05 PM) *

Here are several of the award categories with others to be announced during the event!

Best -6
Best -4
Best engine conversion
Most original
Best patina
Best Interior
Best Engine
Best narrow body
Best wide body
Best of Show

It's always something....lol.

No best "non 914" category"

confused24.gif sad.gif
kconway
If anyone is venturing out on Friday, old town Monrovia has a weekly street fair. Myrtle ave closed and parking is real tough. You can get a Lyft ride from hotel to old town for a buck by adding code GOMONROVIA in the app.

Lots of bars on Myrtle and some decent food, restaurant row is next door to your hotel on Huntington. There is a dive bar that has an awesome “house band” Pat O’brian and The Priests of Love (YouTube it) every weekend a few blocks east on Huntington called First Cabin for anyone needing some music while not talking cars.

Wish I still had a car I’d be all over this.

-Kev
914_7T3
RSVP Total to Date: 81
Car count: 54

second wind
OK.....I feel a ground swell with this event (thank you three amigos) and with the 50th and WCR and just the level of excitement.....WooooHoooo!! I believe we will add to this number (54) quite a bit.....imho....gg
second wind
I've got it.....if you live within 50 miles of an event with 54 914's like the one you have been working on for a long time.....wouldn't you show up to see the cars? That could change the number a bit....
gg
tavoman27
Please add me to the list, I'm local so no room need it.
olsib914
Marc and I will be there Friday Morning and booked for Friday and Saturday. Somehow we will add one more 914

Olsib914..just another Mike
jim_hoyland
Hey Sir Andy..... coming to WCR ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.