Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RRC 06 is coming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 26 2006, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 26 2006, 12:34 PM) *

Yes, I confess. Aaron is my wub.gif love child.

Uh....if that's the case MW can use both of your anatomically correct blow-up dolls.

Don't drag me into their little love triangle.... barf.gif
Gint
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2006, 12:51 PM) *

anyway, here's how it works.
The $75 that everyone is paying per person, is basically all of our "hard" costs. Almost all of it is going to food and drink, and a small amount to charity. This is a complete Not for Profit Effort.
At the most, we could probably knock a few bucks per kid, but not $30 or $40.
Last year, kids that were young enough to order "kids" meals, did so, and parents paid separately. Because the meals on Friday and Saturday are buffet style, we are paying per "head". I know there was some talk about Howard paying for the use of track, but that is purly speculation right now.
Now, If we end up putting some "paid for" goodies (still up in the air due to budget constraints) in everyones bags, and we are able to take those goodies out of the kids' bags, then we may be able to discount things a bit. We do not have sponsors that are donating cash to the event. Every sponsor is simply donating door prizes.
At this point, I would not hold up sending in your registration waiting for us to announce a discounted "kid's" price. I think parents can still plan on paying separately for their kids that are 5 and under, but most teenagers eat as much as adults. If the "committee" decides that we can discount kids, then we will do so. But like i said, there is only a small amount of the $75 that is not going towards food and drink. We will do what we can to keep the cost as low as possible for everyone.

Red Rocks Classic
The Poorman's Porsche Classic smile.gif

Well, this "Poorman's Porsche Classic" attendee will likely not bring teenage kids if they are required to pay full price. We've been considering whether or not to bring them and this is just one reason not to. Not the only one mind you, but a factor all the same.
TROJANMAN
well that's too bad. sad.gif we sure would like this to be a family event smile.gif

good times biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
OK... how long has Wills been at it with the Cutsie avatar dry.gif

(no more sleep'n on my couch Mister!)
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 26 2006, 04:39 PM) *

OK... how long has Wills been at it with the Cutsie avatar dry.gif

(no more sleep'n on my couch Mister!)

av-943.gif av-943.gif I thought that was cllassic.. Hey E, you see Ponch much these days?
Eric_Shea
I thought that was cllassic.. Hey E, you see Ponch much these days?

You would... dry.gif

Last time I saw Ponch he was shaving Slits' back... w00t.gif

(the dude still can't spell... cllassic?? take some of that pork fat from the RRC and buy him a keyboard that doesn't stticckk)
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 26 2006, 05:58 PM) *

I thought that was cllassic.. Hey E, you see Ponch much these days?

You would... dry.gif

Last time I saw Ponch he was shaving Slits' back... w00t.gif

(the dude still can't spell... cllassic?? take some of that pork fat from the RRC and buy him a keyboard that doesn't stticckk)

bootyshake.gif CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC
CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC,CLASSIC!!! We tease those we care about "E".... All in ffffffffffun Bro...bootyshake.gif
carreraguy
I just found out this morning that 914AROO will be ready next week!
Will make our room reservation tomorrow am for the Boss and I but can't complete the Registration until I am 100% sure the Boss likes the car's ride - after all, its no small trip from SJ and back and the last thing I need is an unhappy co-pilot! biggrin.gif

Definitely looking forward to that free beer from Greg! beer.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 26 2006, 07:41 PM) *

Definitely looking forward to that free beer from Greg! beer.gif

great news tom! smile.gif
and to entice you further, i'll make it 2 beers beerchug.gif

see about coming out 80 to Salt Lake, then caravanning down with the Shea's
He's kind of pretty and his wife is really nice smile.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 26 2006, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 26 2006, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 26 2006, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 26 2006, 10:11 AM) *

Greg,

Please post the cost of kids, so that others wondering the same question know as well.

Thanks

Greg, AA and I are caravanning up. Can I bring him as my kid? icon8.gif

Kid, as in offspring? I thought he was your "Midnight Lover".......

Yes, I confess. Aaron is my wub.gif love child.

"I'm your Turbo Lover."
ThinAir
QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 26 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Hey E, you see Ponch much these days?

I actually did see Eric Estrada about a month ago in Chicago O'Hare airport. He had just gotten done giving his autograph to the cleaning lady and was being pretty much ignored by everyone else. If I hadn't heard his voice I would not have even recognized him!
Wild 6
PayPal sent - can't wait to get out of the Arizona heat to join a bunch teeners running around the red rocks.

P.S. The St' Johns Grand Prix is Labor Day Weekend. This is an awesome DE event on an airport runway complex - just like Sebring (but, smoother)! See you there.
carreraguy
[/quote]
great news tom! smile.gif
and to entice you further, i'll make it 2 beers beerchug.gif

see about coming out 80 to Salt Lake, then caravanning down with the Shea's
He's kind of pretty and his wife is really nice smile.gif
[/quote]

Not a bad idea - I was considering going the southern route via Las Vegas as part of the vacation enroute but going north would be cooler for sure. I'll have to map it out to see which looks best route/stop-wise. Caravaning would be fun too! I don't care if Eric is pretty - is he a good navigator? biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
I had to start from scratch, computer took a dump.... So this is from previous posts, hopefully I got everyone, and yes there will be spelling errors.. bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif

I can't even read it, anyone know why it's so pixelated (sp)? Saved as a JPEG...

Very cool we have 61!!!! Now go get your damn rooms.. biggrin.gif

Noboday is paired with anyone in this list. I know it appears that way, something is wrong with the file. This list is simply showing all those that have committed, (said they were going) and those that are possible's, and finally those that have filled out and submitted their registration forms... This is simply a basic guide line of who is coming and who is not for a general head count...

Now if you would like to partner up with the Hosemeister, then you will need to talk with him.. What happens in Moab, stay's in Moab... laugh.gif
jd66921
Hey, how come I have to be paired with Howard??
Gint
QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 27 2006, 07:09 AM) *
I can't even read it, anyone know why it's so pixelated (sp)? Saved as a JPEG...

Oy....

Because you didn't resize the image to less than 805x805 so the board software thumbnailed it. If you click the image and view it full size it doesn't look like that. Resize your image(s) to something less than 805x805.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 27 2006, 05:37 AM) *

Oy....

Because you didn't resize the image to less than 805x805 so the board software thumbnailed it. If you click the image and view it full size it doesn't look like that. Resize your image(s) to something less than 805x805.

mazel tov Gint !!!! Appreciate it...
TROJANMAN

Oy....

gint's jewish?
who knew? biggrin.gif

Gint, you have to type so brian can read it:
i.e.
beecuz yuo ditnt resise the imaje............. laugh.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 27 2006, 05:49 AM) *

Oy....

gint's jewish?
who knew? biggrin.gif

i.e.

ssssshhhhhuuuutttt uuuuuupppppp!!!! and go to work....
Gint
QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 27 2006, 07:51 AM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 27 2006, 05:49 AM) *

Oy....

gint's jewish?
who knew? biggrin.gif

i.e.

ssssshhhhhuuuutttt uuuuuupppppp!!!! and go to work....

Shut up, quit posting and get a JOB!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jul 26 2006, 10:54 PM) *

Not a bad idea - I was considering going the southern route via Las Vegas as part of the vacation enroute but going north would be cooler for sure. I'll have to map it out to see which looks best route/stop-wise. Caravaning would be fun too! I don't care if Eric is pretty - is he a good navigator? biggrin.gif

we have a few people coming the way of vegas as well. hope your water pump is working biggrin.gif

I'm sorry if i misled you. i must have mistyped
I think i meant to say eric is nice, and his wife is pretty. smile.gif
it must have been subliminal because i know he likes to wear pink salmon laugh.gif
TINCAN914
You got one for me? Oh never mind I'm afraid to ask what it might be....
I do right now, I'm a domestic technician.... biggrin.gif

Actually got a call from the US Olympic Committee yesterday, perhaps I can get in next week, (keeping fingers and everything else crossed)
Brew
Why work? confused24.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Brew @ Jul 27 2006, 06:01 AM) *

Why work? confused24.gif

good point. i'd love to stay home and let my wife work. then i could spend all of my time learning how to tipe and speel. laugh.gif

(sorry brain, that was the last one)
TINCAN914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 27 2006, 06:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Brew @ Jul 27 2006, 06:01 AM) *

Why work? confused24.gif

good point. i'd love to stay home and let my wife work. then i could spend all of my time learning how to tipe and speel. laugh.gif

(sorry brain, that was the last one)

nou nut, butt I can taek it... laugh.gif

If I don't find a job soon, I'm gonna run out of money to put into this mechanical torture chamber we love so much, called a 914... smile.gif
Eric_Shea
I actually did see Eric Estrada about a month ago in Chicago O'Hare airport. He had just gotten done giving his autograph to the cleaning lady and was being pretty much ignored by everyone else. If I hadn't heard his voice I would not have even recognized him!

Did you tell him you know "Slits"?
WRX914
QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 27 2006, 06:09 AM) *

I had to start from scratch, computer took a dump.... So this is from previous posts, hopefully I got everyone, and yes there will be spelling errors.. bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif

Noboday is paired with anyone in this list. I know it appears that way, something is wrong with the file. This list is simply showing all those that have committed, (said they were going) and those that are possible's, and finally those that have filled out and submitted their registration forms... This is simply a basic guide line of who is coming and who is not for a general head count...

Now if you would like to partner up with the Hosemeister, then you will need to talk with him.. What happens in Moab, stay's in Moab... laugh.gif

You forgot me

WRX914 for four people.

TINCAN914
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jul 27 2006, 07:22 AM) *

QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 27 2006, 06:09 AM) *

You forgot me

WRX914 for four people.

No I left you off intentionally.. biggrin.gif kidding.. reduced the image size, so you show now... Sorry.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 27 2006, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 27 2006, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jul 27 2006, 07:22 AM) *

You forgot me

WRX914 for four people.

No I left you off intentionally.. biggrin.gif kidding.. reduced the image size, so you show now... Sorry.

and in case you didn't know it, you are now bringing 6 people biggrin.gif

(quote WRX914)

A great friend of mine would want to go, but he only has a 930! I was wondering, do you think his car is worthy to drive with us? He only has about 450 hp at the rear wheels, he might have troubles hanging with the 2.0's on the uphills. I guess we could wait for him!

Anyway, it is looking like I will have my wife with me. And I think with the 930's owner and his wife added with with Dana's 914 and his wife... we have six people... I think.

Have things changed? confused24.gif
TINCAN914
Just thought I would keep all 12 of these together..
Toast
I am registered (signed up on Slitsy's registration)
So put an X by my name!! mad.gif

smile.gif

Carreraguy,
If you decide to got the southern route via Vegas, at least 8 of us will be driving whom you can caravan with.

TINCAN914
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 28 2006, 10:45 AM) *

smile.gif

Carreraguy,
If you decide to got the southern route via Vegas, at least 8 of us will be driving whom you can caravan with.

Done and done Toasty... Dosen't show here, but it will when I post the update..
Brando
Currently waiting for vacation days to be approved for the g/f and myself biggrin.gif If she can't go, I'm flying solo... I have a feeling if I get the new motah in and the oil cooler up front, der blew beeduh is gonna run like stink and be loud. [bring earplugs]
Aaron Cox
ditch the SO and save 50% chairfall.gif

carreraguy
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 28 2006, 11:45 AM) *

smile.gif

Carreraguy,

Thanks Toast! I'll keep that in mind! May be asking for details later as mine and everyone's plans firm up. Gotta rep the NorCal folks!
TROJANMAN
i know it's early, but i need to find a couple of spare seats for the scenic drives.
anyone think they may have one available?
my dad is coming, but won't be bringing his car, and my daughter will be in my car.

thanks smile.gif
Toast
One seat available.
(Unless all else fails with Ron's 2 teeners.)
Aaron Cox
i have one seat tentatively open At da Moment....

But my car is loud, obnoxious, and hot....
TROJANMAN
thanks guys smile.gif
just trying to plan ahead.
he was supposed to dirve out with the caravan, but they have decided to fly and take a little longer vacation

SLITS
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 3 2006, 12:06 PM) *

thanks guys smile.gif
just trying to plan ahead.
he was supposed to dirve out with the caravan, but they have decided to fly and take a little longer vacation

Ok, he's outta the club.....no guts, no glory (no pushing, no swearing). If yer gonna be a teener driver ya gots to go all the way....otherwise yer just a poser like Howie.
SharonG
Hey Greg! What happened to the "Who's Bringing Kids..." thread??? confused24.gif

Anyhoo, my kids aren't coming - every time I brought RRC up, they looked at me with blank expressions on their faces....

However, I liked "Uncle Howard's" idea for the community style help with kid-care and want to volunteer to be Aunt Sharon during the Saturday drive, whether that means being Sharon Poppins at the hotel or if we flat tow the 914, I could take kids in the truck with me. We'll work it out as it gets closer. I'll take payment in beer3.gif (not while watching your kids, of course smile.gif ) (or at least not much biggrin.gif )
Toast
clap56.gif
You are so cool Sharron!
ThinAir
I've got a seat available.
MoveQik
I seat available here.

Warning - passengers may want to cover ears while driver shifts into second. biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 3 2006, 07:20 PM) *

Hey Greg! What happened to the "Who's Bringing Kids..." thread??? confused24.gif

Anyhoo, my kids aren't coming - every time I brought RRC up, they looked at me with blank expressions on their faces....

However, I liked "Uncle Howard's" idea for the community style help with kid-care and want to volunteer to be Aunt Sharon during the Saturday drive, whether that means being Sharon Poppins at the hotel or if we flat tow the 914, I could take kids in the truck with me. We'll work it out as it gets closer. I'll take payment in beer3.gif (not while watching your kids, of course smile.gif ) (or at least not much biggrin.gif )

Should have a seat open, or if we do 914club summer camp, a whole 914 up for bids for the Saturday run with the proceeds going to charity. Sharon, sorry your kids aren't coming, but this is gonna be fun!
Ferg
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 3 2006, 06:20 PM) *

Cool, I'd love to have the wife actually participate in one drive of the event. I'd love to have someone watch Hudson during the drive. If it works out, great, if not no biggie.

Ferg beer3.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 3 2006, 08:48 PM) *
clap56.gif You are so cool Sharon!
No, YOU'RE so cool, Toast! beerchug.gif
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 3 2006, 10:20 PM) *
Should have a seat open, or if we do 914club summer camp, a whole 914 up for bids for the Saturday run with the proceeds going to charity. Sharon, sorry your kids aren't coming, but this is gonna be fun!
aktion035.gif mueba.gif boldblue.gif lol3.gif monkeydance.gif cheer.gif
SLITS
No worries....Unca Slits & Ompa Howie will take care of the kids. timeout.gif

Session 1: "How to REALLY irritate your parents".......A seminar on old phart's thinking processes.

Session 2: "Tequila...our friend"

Session 3: "Finding the most irritating Rap music on the dial for the trip home"

Session 4: "Instigating food fights at dinner without being noticed"

Session 6: "What to do when the Cops arrive"

Session 7: "Watering down Dad's booze and How to get away with it"

Session 8: "Home movies and their uses"
Brew
Can I sit in on Session 2?
SLITS
QUOTE(Brew @ Aug 4 2006, 11:29 AM) *

Can I sit in on Session 2?

Funny you should ask....Session 2 is the longest of all of them. I expect it to run from early Friday afternoon till sometime early Sunday morning. drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.