Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RRC 06 is coming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
brant
hey..
on a somewhat related (drinking) note.

I hear stories about this wonderful trading post place that sells "chuck"

are there any of these oasis locations en-route from CA to UT?
If I sent $$$, would someone be willing to bring me a case of this elixir?

brant
SLITS
I've heard of "Upchuck", but never heard of "chuck".
brant
the fella who was praising the trading post used that slang...

"2 buck chuck"

although I'm sure its not really 2 bucks.

brant
TROJANMAN
it's really 2 bucks, and it's called "Charles Shaw"
The story goes that Trader Joe's bailed out this winery and stopped them from going under, then received an exclusive contract to carry their brand. Not bad. Not great, but it's $2. I prefer to start out with a nicer bottle first, then top it off with the cheap stuff.
Gint was nice enough to get me a bottle or two. smile.gif
I'm in for a case also, if someone would be so kind
Howard
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 4 2006, 02:55 PM) *

it's really 2 bucks, and it's called "Charles Shaw"
The story goes that Trader Joe's bailed out this winery and stopped them from going under, then received an exclusive contract to carry their brand. Not bad. Not great, but it's $2. I prefer to start out with a nicer bottle first, then top it off with the cheap stuff.
Gint was nice enough to get me a bottle or two. smile.gif
I'm in for a case also, if someone would be so kind

Not bad? It's great stuff. One down the street. Tell me what you want and I'll get it. Usual corkage fee smile.gif

2buckchuck!
SLITS
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 4 2006, 02:59 PM) *

Usual corkage fee smile.gif

Would that come under the heading of "Utahish Butt Plug"?
brant
Howard,

are you going to have enough room?
If you have room, I'm definitely in for a case of shiraz

I'm happy to mail a check money order, or paypal cash...
and I'll include the corkage fee in that

brant

edit..
Ron posted while I was still typing..
hmm.. please let me know the corkage fee because given ron's new information I may have to re-think this

Gint
:ericshea: Click to view attachment turned me on to 2 buck chuck. Good stuff. I'd be in for a case also if it can be done. I'm down to my last bottle. drunk.gif
jgara962
You guys are killing me.

As the Brand Manager for Delicato Family Vineyards, I am appalled at where this thread is going biggrin.gif

Does RRC need a sponsor? I'll send some cases to the event so you can try a wine that in inexpensive and really[u] good.
SLITS
Well, bring it on and join us!

Ummmmmm, Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot
shelby/914
Was in Chicago earlier this summer and Trader Joes is there, but it's $3 with the added shipping. I think the nearest one to Denver is Santa Fe. beer3.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Aug 4 2006, 02:39 PM) *

You guys are killing me.

As the Brand Manager for Delicato Family Vineyards, I am appalled at where this thread is going biggrin.gif

Does RRC need a sponsor? I'll send some cases to the event so you can try a wine that in inexpensive and really[u] good.

John,

Send it, I would love it!!! Let me know, I will send the cash to cover shipping!!!
Do we have a choice as to cab, pino, merlot?????? We would all be forever greatful!!!
jgara962
QUOTE(bmunday @ Aug 4 2006, 07:26 PM) *

You guys are killing me.

John,

Send it, I would love it!!! Let me know, I will send the cash to cover shipping!!!
Do we have a choice as to cab, pino, merlot?????? We would all be forever greatful!!!

It would be a donation. Send me a PM with where you are in Colorado, I may be able to have the wine pulled from our distributor warehouse. I'll have to check CO laws, they may be a state where I can't ship wine to otherwise. We don't have Pinot, but we have Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Merlot, and Cabernet. I can probably do four cases.
Howard
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Aug 4 2006, 07:31 PM) *

It would be a donation. Send me a PM with where you are in Colorado, I may be able to have the wine pulled from our distributor warehouse. I'll have to check CO laws, they may be a state where I can't ship wine to otherwise. We don't have Pinot, but we have Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Merlot, and Cabernet. I can probably do four cases.

Very generous. Thank you for the Shiraz smile.gif
Toast
drooley.gif

smiley_notworthy.gif

aktion035.gif

Did I say thank you? smilie_pokal.gif
Ferg
Guess i'm gonna have to make a run to Costco now and pick up a flat of this
biggrin.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 4 2006, 07:48 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Love that stuff!

drooley.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Aug 4 2006, 08:31 PM) *
You guys are killing me.

John,

I've had both wine and beer shipped to me, so Brian be SURE to send the nice man your address!!! (I realize Thornton isn't as ritzy as Colo. Spgs. but assume the alcohol shipping laws can't be different. (maybe it's easier to ship cases of Schlitz to Thornton than to Colo Spgs...)
TINCAN914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 4 2006, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(jgara962 @ Aug 4 2006, 08:31 PM) *
You guys are killing me.

John,

I've had both wine and beer shipped to me, so Brian be SURE to send the nice man your address!!! (I realize Thornton isn't as ritzy as Colo. Spgs. but assume the alcohol shipping laws can't be different. (maybe it's easier to ship cases of Schlitz to Thornton than to Colo Spgs...)

PM sent to John...

Thanks John, will be toasting you under the Moab stars.. beerchug.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 4 2006, 08:48 PM) *

biggrin.gif

lol2.gif

Just noticed on the first page that the current number of hotel rooms reserved is 25 !!!!
boldblue.gif girlboing.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 5 2006, 05:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 4 2006, 08:48 PM) *

biggrin.gif

lol2.gif

Just noticed on the first page that the current number of hotel rooms reserved is 25 !!!!
boldblue.gif girlboing.gif

I think those rooms are just reserved, I don't know that they are paid for yet.. confused24.gif
We are however based on my count at 63 people committed verbally ..
Updated list..
SLITS
Now we need to get "Big Oil" to donate gasoline....... rolleyes.gif av-943.gif
shelby/914
Brant, Brian. Greg or whoever ( OR IS IT WHOM) is in charge, are there going to br RRC II shirts? confused24.gif
majkos
Just finish reading the latest scoop of this RRC thread, I'm liking what I've so far! beer.gif

Just think, as we drink RED wine under the RED sunset at RED Rock,
Eric's lucky to wear his RED (PINK! or Salmon)

Why?? 'cause he spilt upon thyself! LOL av-943.gif

aktion035.gif This club,simply,RULES!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Aug 5 2006, 10:36 AM) *
are there going to br RRC II shirts? confused24.gif

Yes there will be Red Rock Classic t-shirts available.
Watch for the *official* order thread in the next few days. biggrin.gif
jgara962
Brian,

Two PM's sent on the wine.

drunk.gif
Eric_Shea

Be patient... he's unemployed. It's not like he has time to sit around on the computer all day. lol3.gif

(Brian you may want to tab off amateur.com and check out your PM's once in a while. We are talking about booze afterall)

Send Shyrah... we're a spicy bunch w00t.gif
SLITS
Gad....Utah & Colorado Brokeback Wino Members mixed with the Tequila Guzzlers of Land of The Dirt......

This is gonna be one hell of a party.......someone notify the local police & National Guard to stay outta town or join in.......

Now all we need are the Wadka guzzling terrorists from Russia to join. Maybe a couple of grandmothers too!
Howard
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 7 2006, 11:57 AM) *

Now all we need are the Wadka guzzling terrorists from Russia to join.

+1
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 7 2006, 10:50 AM) *

Be patient... he's unemployed. It's not like he has time to sit around on the computer all day. lol3.gif

(Brian you may want to tab off amateur.com and check out your PM's once in a while. We are talking about booze afterall)

Send Shyrah... we're a spicy bunch w00t.gif

I ws busy watching the PRO AM Tourney in Castle Rock With Brew, and drinking some while we were at it... beer3.gif Replied John, thanks...

Attetion everyone John has been kind enough to donate more then enough, (I would hope) wine for the festivities next month. Please take a moment to say thank you... beerchug.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(bmunday @ Aug 7 2006, 04:29 PM) *

Attetion everyone John has been kind enough to donate more then enough, (I would hope) wine for the festivities next month. Please take a moment to say thank you... beerchug.gif

smiley_notworthy.gif

Hmmmm.....maybe my wife will be interested in the trip now..... idea.gif
SLITS
Thanks for the fish wine.

Now, get in yer car and join us!!!!
Eric_Shea
Attetion everyone John has been kind enough to donate more then enough, (I would hope) wine for the festivities next month. Please take a moment to say thank you...

Thank You John! Just wanted to make sure you got the shipping address right:

RRC sLush Fund
1861 Gracey Lane
Sandy, UT 84092

I'll make "certain" some of it gets there. smilie_pokal.gif
Toast
THANK YOU JOHN!

drunk.gif

Hope he heard me.
jgara962
Your welcome!!!

Remember, drink in moderation... biggrin.gif drunk.gif

Have fun and enjoy!
TINCAN914
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Aug 8 2006, 10:24 AM) *

Your welcome!!!

Have fun and enjoy!

John,

As self appointed wine treasure, I will make sure they stay in line... av-943.gif av-943.gif oh once more.. av-943.gif ..

Thank you once again..
SharonG
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Aug 8 2006, 12:24 PM) *
Have fun and enjoy!

No worries - moderation is our middle name. biggrin.gif
Thanks for the kind contribution, John! drunk.gif
Toast
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 8 2006, 12:50 PM) *

No worries - moderation is our middle name. biggrin.gif

Shar, You are posting on the wrong club again. wink.gif
Howard
Sharon, we're going out of town for a week and our kids are coming back over to watch the hose. While they are a bit older than yours dry.gif , the first thing they did was plan a party for when we are gone, just like they did when they were kids. Since you're not bringing your kids to RRC, though I would share my list with you.

Dear Kidz,

Your Mother and I will be taking a one week cruise. Let me take this opportunity to thank you for watching the house in our absence. But please remember the rules.

1. If the parties get out of hand and the Police come, please say you are paid house watchers, not family. Do not use your real names!

2. Please do not set fire to the house, but if you must, locate fire extinguishers and become familiar with their use.

3. Caring for the animals. Please do not change their hair styles or colors. The orange one is a cat. Do not feed him dog food.

4. Liquor. It’s OK to take whatever you want, but please do not add foreign materials to the bottles in an effort to hide your consumption. Especially important with single malts over 10 years old.

5. Stealing cars. OK, just return them clean and full of fuel. Do not attempt to alter odometers, and again, use your fake ID’s if stopped by the authorities.

6. Do not jump off roof into hot tub.

7. Do not play dress up with Mom’s clothes and jewelry. That includes you, Greg.

8. Please be honest and tell us about any items you have destroyed and/or disposed of. Your mother and I are of that age when we just think we have misplaced these items.

Thanks again, and have fun!

Sincerely,

Mom and Dad
SharonG
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 8 2006, 02:09 PM) *
Sharon, we're going out of town for a week and our kids are coming back over to watch the hose. While they are a bit older than yours dry.gif , the first thing they did was plan a party for when we are gone, just like they did when they were kids. Since you're not bringing your kids to RRC, though I would share my list with you...

Howard, I think more things need to be added with regard to harassing pets, i.e. don't keep the cat locked up all week in a cage made of K'NEX; don't put tape on the cat's paws for your entertainment (although it is very funny); playing surf kitty (holding the cat under it's legs and simulating surfing motions in the air) for longer than 30 seconds is a sure way to get your face clawed; etc.

Your list was quite comprehensive, though - I'm sure, though, that your kids were angels and none of those rules were created as a result of something they actually did. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 8 2006, 12:09 PM) *

7. Do not play dress up with Mom’s clothes and jewelry. That includes you, Greg.

who told? confused24.gif
VegasRacer
Thanks John. Click to view attachment
SLITS
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 8 2006, 01:42 PM) *

who told? confused24.gif

Moron Boy & Gimp.................
Eric_Shea
That's "Jack" to you... dry.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 8 2006, 12:42 PM) *

who told? confused24.gif

I knew it, I knew it!!!!!! It's ok Greg, were all friedns here.... gayfight.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Howard
Just to clear up any misconceptions, the 'Greg' I referred to in my note is our son Greg, not our SOB Trojanman. Please accept my apologies for any confusion.
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 9 2006, 07:20 AM) *

Just to clear up any misconceptions, the 'Greg' I referred to in my note is our son Greg, not our SOB Trojanman. Please accept my apologies for any confusion.

Confusion hell, you nailed him.
:PERMAAGRIN: Joe
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 9 2006, 06:30 AM) *

Confusion hell, you nailed him.
:PERMAAGRIN: Joe

No confusion here, I knew who you were talking about Howard. I was just thinking now Trojanman can share back shaving secrets with. Tthose formal evening gown parties are a bitch.. av-943.gif

just teasing Greg's...
JoeSharp
I don't shave my back for formal gowns. Some of the people I date like to pull on them.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
SLITS

You're losing your touch Gramps....the #1 rule of posts on this BBS is you let them "swing" where ever they go...... and those boys (Greg, Gimp, Jack really swing..... av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.