Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RRC 06 is coming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Aaron Cox
ROFL! it will look good on howard hahahahaha
JoeSharp
AAron: From every thing that I've heard, you should have no problem waring Hot Pink. Personaly I find salmon drab.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 14 2006, 04:47 PM) *

AAron: From every thing that I've heard, you should have no problem waring Hot Pink. Personaly I find salmon drab.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

it does look good on me...

not mikeZ in latex good tho chairfall.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 14 2006, 04:43 PM) *

ROFL! it will look good on howard hahahahaha

agree.gif

Make it the prize for the WINNER! I want that shirt!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 14 2006, 05:14 PM) *

Fair enough. beerchug.gif
Winners Choice - they can keep the Pink Shirt or make the other guy wear it. smilie_pokal.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 14 2006, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 14 2006, 05:14 PM) *

Fair enough. beerchug.gif
Winners Choice - they can keep the Pink Shirt or make the other guy wear it. smilie_pokal.gif

Ok stupid question, but winner of what?
The 40 & Under vs the Old and senile?
Joe Bob
For the one whose jack stand escapee craps out first.....
VegasRacer
QUOTE(bmunday @ Sep 14 2006, 06:34 PM) *
Ok stupid question, but winner of what?
The 40 & Under vs the Old and senile?

History: Aaron was shooting off his mouth and challenged Howard to a young vs. old contest of some sort. Slitz got involved and it quickly deteriorated to talk of Tequila and Livestock. I stepped up and proposed an *offical* team event for Friday after the BBQ in Moab. Both Howard and Aaron have agreed to the Competition.

The Pentathlon:
Aaron and Howard are the Team Captains.
Each will pick 4 additional team members.
This is a Youth vs. Maturity challenge.
(the age break is undecided. 40? 45? 50?)
Each team must have at least 1 female.
Drinking between rounds is required. beer3.gif
(1 oz. Cazadores = 6 oz. Wine = 12 oz. Beer)
Each Captain is responsible for naming the other team.
The earliest VIN of the team car used in the 1st event will determine who goes 1st. The trailing team will have choice in all remaining events.

The Contest:
1.) Pit Crew - Tire Change: A team member will start at the line and drive a 914 into the 'pits'. The other 4 team members will remove 1 tire, spin it and replace it. (Either style of STOCK 914 jack may be used.) (NO Air Tools allowed.) The time will be recorded when the 914 is driven (not pushed) across the finish line. This event is worth 5 points. (either 4 or 5 lug is OK)
2.) Targa Top Race: There will be 2 pairs of 2 members from each team in this contest. They start seated in a 914. On 'GO' they remove the targa top (yes, latched and in place) and they must stow it in the trunk. Time ends when the rear trunk is closed and latched and both people are back in their seats with both doors closed. 3 points 1st place, 2 points 2nd place, 1 point 3rd place, -2 points for last place.
3.) Card Shark: We play 'High - Low'. We alternate member from each team in rotation. If you guess wrong - you are out. If the card is a match - you have to take a penalty drink or you are out. Ace can be high or low, as needed. Game over when all of one team has been eliminated. 3 points for winning team + 1 point for each member remaining.
4.) Jack Stand Stand: Each person will take their turn trying to stand on a jack stand on one foot for the longest time. Members from each team will alternate in their attempts. 3 points for longest individual time. 3 points for highest team total time.
5.) Toss Your Cookies: Each team will alternate tossing cookies at a target. (baseball/basketball style) Each team will rotate through their line up 3 times. (15 total throws) >50% of a cookie must remain in/on the target to 'Score'. 1 point for each cookie score.
smilie_pokal.gif Highest Team Total Wins! smilie_pokal.gif

That should about cover it. idea.gif
***The above (along with Marquis of Queensbury) shall be considered the *official* Rules for the Contest. Any proposed modification, amendments, changes, clarifications or protest must be received before I leave for Mesquite.
TROJANMAN
my $$$ is on lisa's team
VegasRacer
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 14 2006, 08:17 PM) *

my $$$ is on lisa's team

The odds go down if Aaron gunner.gif gives you the special $20 greeting from Waide before the contest. chair.gif
Mrs. K

my $$$ is on lisa's team

Shhhhhhhh! wink.gif

bootyshake.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 14 2006, 08:02 PM) *

Aaron was shooting off his mouth....

since when is telling it how it is.... "shooting off"? rolleyes.gif
SirAndy

my $$$ is on lisa's team

forget about her her team, my money is on lisa!

wub.gif Andy
SharonG
I like the pink shirt. biggrin.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 14 2006, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(LuckieO @ Sep 14 2006, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 14 2006, 02:51 PM) *

Luckie, there's a 914 in my driveway according to the wife it's the same color as our kids snot thumb3d.gif

Ferg driving.gif

My favorite color...snot green...oh, I mean delphi green. We are expecting a call when you get home from work. I am anxious to know what it looks like in person! And, thanks for being a safe house for my new 914! beerchug.gif

Is today the day? I have to see that car. I can't tell if it's Delphi or that early puke green color.

Ferg - Call me.

car's at my house, come over this weekend.
Ferg
Eric_Shea
Slitz got involved and it quickly deteriorated to talk of Tequila and Livestock.

Nooooooooooooo confused24.gif
TINCAN914
One week from today..... How long do you think it will take Howard and Slits before they llo like this??? poke.gif
Eric_Shea
Trick question? confused24.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 16 2006, 06:16 AM) *

Trick question? confused24.gif

'Throw a NARP shirt on him and it would be hard to tell them apart. Just kiddin Howard.
StratPlayer
I was just watching the news, seeing there is a hurricane off the western coast of Mexico. I hope this storm moves west and out to sea and it doesn't move inland and then north, if that is the case if could affect the weather for the RRC....
TROJANMAN
shhhh smile.gif

forecast:
Sat
Sep 23 Mostly Sunny
78°/49° 20%
78°F

Sun
Sep 24 Sunny
80°/51° 10%
80°F

BMartin914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 16 2006, 09:01 AM) *

shhhh smile.gif

forecast:
Sat
Sep 23 Mostly Sunny
78°/49° 20%
78°F

Sun
Sep 24 Sunny
80°/51° 10%
80°F

thumb3d.gif cool.gif
Aaron Cox
a balmy 80 outside....

ben, you gonna be ok with it being so cold?
Toast
Looks a little bit chilli at night. Guess I will have to bring a titicover sweater after all.
draperjojo
You'll be fine in a T shirt. drooley.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 16 2006, 09:39 AM) *

a balmy 80 outside....

ben, you gonna be ok with it being so cold?

As a matter of fact, it is 65' inside now and I am freezing, just put on a sweatshirt...

Might be an adverse effect of the STRESS the Broncos put me through with that so-so performance. At least we pulled it out.

I might just have to bring a parka to Moab. chairfall.gif
majkos
Parka!? WTF.gif What's that?
Isn't that thoses BIG coats, the Californy people will be wearing,when they come to Rocky Mountains?

I can't wait to see Toast, "Sweater" drooley.gif
TROJANMAN
down boy
StratPlayer
Utah weather REPORT:

Weatherman says the weather for this weekends event will be wonderful,,, clear skys temps in the 80's to low 90's..... Updates to follow..... piratenanner.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 18 2006, 07:35 AM) *

Utah weather REPORT:

Weatherman says the weather for this weekends event will be wonderful,,, clear skys temps in the 80's to low 90's..... Updates to follow..... piratenanner.gif

Sounds good. Looks like we've got a front coming through here on Friday, hopefully it will have moved thru Utah by then.
Aaron Cox
man this is gonna be fun!
TROJANMAN
I just received an email from a COlorado 914 owner (who is not a member here) that he will be joining us. I think that gives us 13 914's driving in from Colorado.
Ferg
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 18 2006, 09:10 AM) *

I just received an email from a COlorado 914 owner (who is not a member here) that he will be joining us. I think that gives us 13 914's driving in from Colorado.

? who

Ferg
TROJANMAN
laurence budd

SLITS
-1 for the CA Contingent ...... The Brown Turd is not gonna make the trip ...... 270 oil temps says it stays at home. blowup.gif
TROJANMAN
-1 914, maybe. You're still coming.
Howard
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 18 2006, 10:38 AM) *

-1 for the CA Contingent ...... The Brown Turd is not gonna make the trip ...... 270 oil temps says it stays at home. blowup.gif

Ride with toasty, she may find Moab that way. happy11.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 18 2006, 10:41 AM) *

Mummsey occupies that seat .........
majkos
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 18 2006, 10:59 AM) *

Mummsey occupies that seat .........

Oh Reeeeeeally!? wub.gif Mother and daughter! mueba.gif happy11.gif
TROJANMAN
kevin,
you really have been working too much.
Toast

slap.gif
Toast
Possible +1

Hershal

(If you have ever been to a G&R swap meet, you know who Hershal is)
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Howard @ Sep 18 2006, 09:41 AM) *

Or......... we can just start another "Caravan" thread poke.gif
Joe Bob

See?....914/6s need oil coolers.....I'm not the only moron.....not going.....
Eric_Shea
I'm not the only moron.....not going.....

Would you guys stop lobbing softballs. I had to muster all my strength not to hit that outta the park.

Why don't you two morons rent a car or drive your goofy ass taildragger??? Like we care what car you're driving...
Joe Bob
SLITs and farts in an enclosed space......yummy.....

Not to mention, I have the High School Footbal "game of the week" to officiate....
Joe Bob
Plus I hear GoatBoy is coming....we can't be in the same room as we both know he doesn't exist.....
majkos
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 18 2006, 12:08 PM) *

kevin,
you really have been working too much.

agree.gif Work hard, PLAY HARDER!
I'm going to moab to PARTY! party.gif beerchug.gif
It's all good. smoke.gif
BMartin914
Countdown to Moab...

T Minus 3 days 15 hours 10 minutes...

Get those 914s ready!
majkos
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Sep 18 2006, 12:52 PM) *

Countdown to Moab...

T Minus 3 days 15 hours 10 minutes...

Get those 914s ready!

yikes.gif 3 days!!!!!! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif beer3.gif (Break)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.