Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show us what you got!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
solex
Here is my first restoration, 74 super beetle painted Porsche Murano Green with a mostly Berg engine 1776 and a full sun roof. It was sold a while ago...
Dominic
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 29 2009, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Dominic @ Jan 29 2009, 02:55 AM) *

Future restoration project....... 67' 911S

Dominic is THAT your car ? Did you get it from someone at Va beach ? I ask because I think I know that car....VERY well, from several years ago. Last I heard it was sitting in the last owners yard because the carbs went to poop.

Yes, that is my car on the Colonial Parkway between Williamsburg and Yorktown.
I did buy it from a guy in VA beach about two years ago. My wife calls it my 40th Birthday Present biggrin.gif

Yes it's a real numbers matching 67' S, has original 4.5" Fuchs and all. Just not painted the original color. Someday it will be restored to its original Polo Red. It was actually running, but not very well with all of the rust in the gas tank, and thankfully it was sitting in a garage on concrete.
One of many projects to tackle when I retire in a few years.
scotty b
[quote name='Dominic' date='Jan 29 2009, 07:33 PM' post='1127703']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 29 2009, 05:52 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='Dominic' post='1127354' date='Jan 29 2009, 02:55 AM']
Future restoration project....... 67' 911S
[/quote]

Dominic is THAT your car ? Did you get it from someone at Va beach ? I ask because I think I know that car....VERY well, from several years ago. Last I heard it was sitting in the last owners yard because the carbs went to poop.
[/quote]

Yes, that is my car on the Colonial Parkway between Williamsburg and Yorktown.
I did buy it from a guy in VA beach about two years ago. My wife calls it my 40th Birthday Present biggrin.gif

Yes it's a real numbers matching 67' S, has original 4.5" Fuchs and all. Just not painted the original color. Someday it will be restored to its original Polo Red. It was actually running, but not very well with all of the rust in the gas tank, and thankfully it was sitting in a garage on concrete.
One of many projects to tackle when I retire in a few years.
[/quote]

Yup that's the car. Too cool. I know her well shades.gif Nice to see it being treated right again smilie_pokal.gif
914junkie
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 29 2009, 05:42 AM) *

QUOTE(914junkie @ Jan 29 2009, 04:42 AM) *

Click to view attachment
1965 Buick Riviera

I've got a 65 Riv, that has serious rust. When I get done with my 914-6 resto, I'm going to take the front end of the Riv and put it on an El Camino. Then I'll have an El Riviera tow vehicle.

T.C.

El Riviera! I love it! Thats a great idea. That would look really cool. I've always thought the front end of a 65 is one of the best of the era and grafted on to a camino would make a sweet truck. Good luck with that. Send or post some pictures when it gets underway, I'd love to see it. Paul S. aktion035.gif
paroxysm
my next project (my highschool ride)
IPB Image
my daily(the corrado)
IPB Image
my just sold
IPB Image
my manliest ride
IPB Image
Justinp71
My chevy, 420hp and a 5-speed, its fun and LOUD...
914junkie
NICE! What 5 speed ya run'n?
dw914er
QUOTE(carcam @ Jan 29 2009, 06:00 PM) *

Love my 914- couple of it's siblings...

ok

e92 m3
997 turbo
x5

and a 914-6 with the mahle's

very nice
Justinp71
QUOTE(914junkie @ Jan 29 2009, 10:22 PM) *

NICE! What 5 speed ya run'n?

TKO 600, its great...
carcam
QUOTE(dw914er @ Jan 30 2009, 01:46 AM) *

ok

e92 m3
997 turbo
x5

very nice

Ben-
I read this and thought, wow, someone else has exactly the same cars I do- how cool is that. Then I realized that I'm a dumbass and didn't see the quote... probably why it took me all afternoon to do a tune up (those points were a bear...)
seanery
This is my only other fun car.
1986 944 turbo, just turned 100k miles. All stock except for the late model Porsche CDR210 radio. This is Corpus Christi at sunrise in August 2008.
Todd Enlund
Here's the only picture that I have of Eeyore. Usually, I am on the inside:

Click to view attachment

This was probably 8 or 9 years ago.
WolfR32
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jan 29 2009, 12:19 PM) *

1988 911CS
Click to view attachment

Formula Mazda
Click to view attachment

Volkswagen R32 (FOR SALE to pay for the FM) sad.gif
Click to view attachment

w00t.gif A nother .:R32 owner! I wonder if I know him...
ericread
My 914 is my DD, so these are my only other transportation:

Click to view attachment

The good news is that I get really good MPGs with these!
ssstikircr
Hey man, can you use the carpool lane with those?

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
ericread
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Jan 30 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Hey man, can you use the carpool lane with those?

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

I have always been concerned about driving on freeways with tunnels.

Yep, you guessed it. I fear getting "Carpool Tunnel Syndrome"...

dry.gif (sorry...)
jhadler
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 28 2009, 09:00 PM) *

Waiting for me to pay attension to her. 1954 Austin Healey 100-4

Click to view attachment

I love the 1004!!

My folks had one long ago, and actually had to...<choke> abandon it!!! I still cry a little about that one... It was before I was around, and they were driving across the country, the head cracked, and they (apparently) didn't have many options at the time, so they left it... In Denver. So where the heck is it?? :-)

-Josh2
pktzygt
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 30 2009, 03:20 PM) *

My 914 is my DD, so these are my only other transportation:

Click to view attachment

The good news is that I get really good MPGs with these!

Looks like those could use a restoration thread?
OU8AVW
Time to represent the other Karmann Products!
The Vert actually has priority over the 914, sorry guys

IPB Image

these two cars mark my 30 and 31st air cooled vehicles. Then there's the 944, Boxster, Scirocco 16v, and a couple of Nissan 4x4s. (I'm 36)
JoeSharp
My other cars

IPB Image

and of course The NARB
IPB Image
Thats Team NARP's Trailer in the backgournd
Shade Tree
My fancy car....doesn't drive on the street anymore. The super fancy articulation ramp came with my property and eventually went to the junk yard.

IPB Image

dw914er
QUOTE(carcam @ Jan 30 2009, 08:30 AM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Jan 30 2009, 01:46 AM) *

ok

e92 m3
997 turbo
x5

very nice

Ben-
I read this and thought, wow, someone else has exactly the same cars I do- how cool is that. Then I realized that I'm a dumbass and didn't see the quote... probably why it took me all afternoon to do a tune up (those points were a bear...)

lol.. i wish I had that garage lol

just the rsx and 914 for me
pktzygt
It doesn't look like much, but it's been through water above the bumper. And it'll put some alot of trucks 10 times it's price to shame on a trail. And it gets me to work in the snow. I really need to remove the sway bars and install some on the 914.
IPB Image
carr914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2009, 09:32 AM) *

Those first generation Rivs are too valuable to part out TC! I have a couple of parts cars if you need anything to repair yours!!!!

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 29 2009, 06:42 AM) *

QUOTE(914junkie @ Jan 29 2009, 04:42 AM) *

Click to view attachment
1965 Buick Riviera

I've got a 65 Riv, that has serious rust. When I get done with my 914-6 resto, I'm going to take the front end of the Riv and put it on an El Camino. Then I'll have an El Riviera tow vehicle.

T.C.

My Riv is too far gone to ever restore. Plus No Title. I got it free with 2 other 68 Riv's I bought to restore one. So After I finally take the front end and certain interior pieces out, you or anybody else can have the rest for free.

I can't wait for the El Riviera

T.C.
bryanf
Not my picture, but I've been enjoying one of these for the last year or so...
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachmentOur shop delivery truck...1985 doublecab
Marty
rick 918-S
I forgot to post my parts chaser. Nice way to treat my Touring. laugh.gif At least I was hauling a 928 donor engine for the Alien.
black73
My old Ford...

Click to view attachment
KG1500S
Wow, gotta say I'm impressed with some of these 'other' cars. TRHerald, as a fellow Calgarian, we should connect some time and yap about your new toy.

QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Jan 30 2009, 05:36 PM) *

Time to represent the other Karmann Products!

I'm a bit of a Karmann fan also, here are my two other Osnabruck creations that will share garage space with my 914-6 conversion project when she's done this spring...

Long time family member, 65 VW Karmann Ghia 1500S (Type 34)
Click to view attachment

66 912 - 2.7L TIV Q-ship
Click to view attachment
familienauto
I have had the orange 71 Ghia for about a year, it is my driver every day to school. I even put some snow chains on it recently to get around! Oh, the horror! Don't worry, we don't salt the roads (yet). It is a great car, I stay on top of the rust.

The Bus I just bought, it's a strong running 1977 Westfalia with a lot of dents and rust that I am pulling and cutting out. It's pretty ugly but I am enjoying learning how to do bodywork, welding, etc.

And then there's the 914...but you know all about those.

Click to view attachment
TimT
my fleet

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

what we haul it around in huh.gif

IPB Image
szuccaro
my toys
djporsche
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(KG1500S @ Jan 30 2009, 08:11 PM) *

I'm a bit of a Karmann fan also, here are my two other Osnabruck creations that will share garage space with my 914-6 conversion project when she's done this spring...

Long time family member, 65 VW Karmann Ghia 1500S (Type 34)
Click to view attachment

That is fuchin' sweet!
scotty b
I just don't understand why you guys feel the need to have so many cars confused24.gif I get a D.D. and a 914, but what's with all the others ???????
Dr Evil
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 31 2009, 10:18 AM) *

I just don't understand why you guys feel the need to have so many cars confused24.gif I get a D.D. and a 914, but what's with all the others ???????

av-943.gif

Bitch, please rolleyes.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Jan 28 2009, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 28 2009, 07:44 PM) *

There is nothing sweeter then those early duck tails aktion035.gif

agree.gif driving.gif
carcam
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 31 2009, 10:18 AM) *

You sound like my wife (only nicer). And I just don't understand why she needs so many shoes- can't you only wear one pair at time?
So.Cal.914
[quote name='Dr Evil' date='Jan 31 2009, 07:44 AM' post='1128284']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 31 2009, 10:18 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

av-943.gif

Bitch, please rolleyes.gif
[/quote]

[quote]You sound like my wife (only nicer). And I just don't understand why she needs so many shoes- can't you only wear one pair at time?[/quote]

LOL laugh.gif

Thats right! They are just large, really expensive shoes.
ssstikircr
He who dies with the most toys wins!!!! piratenanner.gif

I might not win but I'm not coming in last !!!!!! w00t.gif
KG1500S
I didn't wake up one morning thinking I should buy 2 or 3 vintage cars that day. I kind of grew into it over a number of years. Once you start hanging out in the classic car community, you get exposed to so many cool cars out there in all sorts of different flavours. So how can you have just one? I tell my wife at least I don't have it as bad as Jay Leno.

What I don't really get is the bunch of guys out there who seem to find themselves with 3, 4, 5 or more of basically the exact same model/year/spec of car. If they're not different to look at or to drive, then why have more than one? Seems especially prevalent with Nash Metropolitan owners for some reason... But whatever, to each his own.
ssstikircr
WTF.gif

Ya , I noticred that about those Nash Metropolitan guys also....

confused24.gif
Helix914
I have a '74 914 2.0 liter... and this...

IPB Image
ssstikircr
Looking GOOD!! aktion035.gif
siverson
Here is one of my newest toys:

arvcube
my 84 vw scirocco
IPB Image
Scott S
QUOTE(arvcube @ Feb 1 2009, 11:40 PM) *

my 84 vw scirocco
IPB Image

Fantastic! That was my dream car in highschool, but the insurance was insane - nearly triple what it was for the Rabbit GTI.

What body kit? very clean - like a slightly more arresive 16V kit. LOVE it.
6freak
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Jan 31 2009, 09:41 AM) *

He who dies with the most toys wins!!!! piratenanner.gif

I might not win but I'm not coming in last !!!!!! w00t.gif

he who dies with the most toys is still died.......... and now your wifes new boyfriend gets to play with it all
Brett W
Wow that roll cage looks like it is just waiting to knock you out. Interesting car.
arvcube
Thanks. It's a Zender kit. You're right Scott, slightly more aggressive that the stock 16v. I've had the car since I was 19. You do foolish things when your that age Brett...like build a full rollcage in street car! You'd think I'd be wearing a helmet just to get to the store! Back then I thought I was invincible... That cage is long gone. I do miss how it stiffened up the car..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.