Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show us what you got!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
zymurgist
Sweet 928. By any chance, it doesn't have the psychedelic checkerboard seats, does it?
badm
We all need toys it's just as you get older they get more expensive!. 85 Autokraft AC, 72 TVR Vixen.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
championgt1
Love that TVR! drooley.gif
Bristol
I like highly modified Porsches. My 914 has a Chalon body kit, custom interior, wheels, and suspension.

Here's my '03 Carrera 4S with TechArt body kit, HRE wheels, and TechArt coilovers, and my '00 Boxster S with Gemballa body kit, BSA wheels, and JRZ coilovers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The girl... well she's mine too, at least that's what I'm led to believe.... biggrin.gif

Kirk
jetboy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 10 2009, 02:43 PM) *

just got it and it is mid engined!

IPB Image

And finally proof that we are being charged too much for parts biggrin.gif . Sweet car driving.gif drooley.gif driving.gif
Geezer914
1964 ERA Cobra 289FIA replica, small block Ford with Webers.

Click to view attachment
patrick3000
The DD a 89 944S2

IPB Image

The other fun car a 76 912E

IPB Image

And of course the 71 in the middle of her engine swap

IPB Image
patrick3000

Almost forgot the 2000 BMW R1100R

IPB Image
pcar916
My bride's 911. A cruiser.

Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE(Bristol @ Aug 10 2009, 02:43 AM) *

I like highly modified Porsches. My 914 has a Chalon body kit, custom interior, wheels, and suspension.

Here's my '03 Carrera 4S with TechArt body kit, HRE wheels, and TechArt coilovers, and my '00 Boxster S with Gemballa body kit, BSA wheels, and JRZ coilovers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The girl... well she's mine too, at least that's what I'm led to believe.... biggrin.gif

Kirk

i can tell you also like your girls highly modified biggrin.gif
neil30076
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 9 2009, 07:08 PM) *

Sweet 928. By any chance, it doesn't have the psychedelic checkerboard seats, does it?

No, 100% leather - this was my other project / ride until i sold it -
Click to view attachment
dlo914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Aug 10 2009, 05:00 PM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

Kirk

More pics of her biggrin.gif icon_bump.gif rolleyes.gif happy11.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 29 2009, 08:44 AM) *

Cool another W114, here's mine:
A 1974 280C hopefully soon to have a 280E motor in it (once I find a rebuilder that can do the job rebuilding and putting EFI etc).
note: this is when I bought the car...so disregard the "for sale" sign

Well looks like the Mercedes is for sale after all, just got the dream-car...356, so it's time to sell off the project.

Off topic, if you're interested in the Mercedes, PM me.
ghuff
QUOTE(Bristol @ Aug 10 2009, 01:43 AM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

Kirk

What is with the taillights on that boxster?

Looks good otherwise, but those are hideous.
oldschool
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Aug 11 2009, 01:50 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Aug 10 2009, 05:00 PM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

Kirk

More pics of her biggrin.gif icon_bump.gif rolleyes.gif happy11.gif

d don't you a girl?
zymurgist
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 11 2009, 12:29 PM) *

Well looks like the Mercedes is for sale after all, just got the dream-car...356, so it's time to sell off the project.

Oh, how sweet is that? My dad used to have a green '65 C, but I never remember it looking *that* nice.

You gonna put a front license plate on it? I've gotten away without a front plate in Md. so far with my 911 (fiberglass bumper, no place to put it really)
Dr Evil
"d don't you a girl?"

All the time, but I dont stutter as much poke.gif wink.gif

Its called a verb and I need one to know what you are talking about tongue.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 11 2009, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 11 2009, 12:29 PM) *

Oh, how sweet is that? My dad used to have a green '65 C, but I never remember it looking *that* nice.

You gonna put a front license plate on it? I've gotten away without a front plate in Md. so far with my 911 (fiberglass bumper, no place to put it really)

I'm going to register as a antique...have a 1964 plate and 'oh no' there's no front plate mount. So yes, I'm going to run it w/o the front plate.
zymurgist
There ya go. thumb3d.gif

Babydoll didn't have a front plate mount... I took the black and white aluminum antique plate and drilled holes in it to match the existing bumper holes and voila!
Bristol
QUOTE(ghuff @ Aug 11 2009, 12:16 PM) *

What is with the taillights on that boxster?

Looks good otherwise, but those are hideous.

Clear LED tails on the Boxster... totally rice. You are not alone, as the consensus has been that people HATE them. I think they're "okay" though. I may be switching to the clear/red ones to match the C4S.

More pictures of the girl (and cars) are on my Car Domain pages:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3179518

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335730
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 11 2009, 03:26 PM) *

"d don't you a girl?"

All the time, but I dont stutter as much poke.gif wink.gif

Its called a verb and I need one to know what you are talking about tongue.gif

Kind of like saying "I accidentally a coca-cola bottle" isn't it?
type2man
I've got one too many cars......

1967 Westy w/2.0 type 4

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1967 Beetle w/2.7 type 4

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

type2man
And a 1960 Singlecab w/2.0 type 4

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And my shitbox for the weekends Pulling a Houdini on the front wheels but with no type 4 in it ....

Click to view attachment

And I also have 2 914's!!!!

jjbunn
My alternative means of transportation:

IPB Image

('91 Carrera 2 964)
Madswede
I'm not the only one with a 968, but this is the first pic of the coupe version (that I've seen here yet). She's a bit road-scarred, but I take good care of her under the hood. Just as it should be.

- Nelson
914werke
QUOTE(ghuff @ Aug 9 2009, 07:00 PM) *

That UR quattro is sick.

In black no less !! drooley.gif
Jerry that is bad ass. I started down the VAG path with a turbo converted 4KCS
then had to upgrade ...

95 S4
Click to view attachment

Which I punted then moved to an chipped S6 Avant

Click to view attachment
yet to fulfill its RS2 destiny.

I like Toronado Red smile.gif
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

2005 500SL

I've wanted one for years and now I have one for a DD.
djporsche

Well I sold the bus and the white 914. My new 914 is a 73 2.0.

IPB Image
IPB Image
bill pierce
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2009, 08:50 AM) *

My daily driver... 45 to 55 MPG and room to haul a few groceries on the way home!

Nice RT.Here is a picture of my bike. I have to park it in the winter, but when the weather is good I ride, ride, ride.

IPB Image
SCV
Here are pictures of my 1971 Super Beetle. This car was my daily driver until I brought home the 914. The 71' is the car that caused me to become fascinated with aircooled engines. It is tons of fun, and I have no plans to sell it. Unfortunately, the nice shiny paint concealed a bit of cancer underneath, but its nothing a bit of welder.gif can't fix. I still drive it often, but its difficult not to drive the 914 all the time. BTW, I have cleaned up the engine compartment a bit since the pictures were taken.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bandjoey
No one wants to see the Hyundai or Minivan, so here's my other fun car biggrin.gif
rickthejetman
Click to view attachment
92 mr2 daily driver jdm 3sge engine with high comp head 190 whp made me fall in love with mid engine cars
Click to view attachment
crashed by my sister 86 vette 440whp
Click to view attachment
67 morris minor ( sold it to get my 914) 57whp sadly i was driving at top speed (55mph) down the road one day after i finished her and the hood latch failed destroying the hood and part of the roof. i was heartbroken and didn't feel like fixing her anymore
carr914
QUOTE(djporsche @ Jan 17 2010, 04:39 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

You better check the Vin#, as I've never seen somebody put those super heavy 75-76 bumpers on an earlier car.

T.C.
bembry
The wife's 63 Dodge Dart GT convert.

Three on the tree, 225 slant six, and a mighty one barrel carb! I'll see if I can find some pics of my Galaxie to post as well (63.5 fastback, 390). You know, when I bought the Dodge, I figured: "How hard can a Dodge Dart be to restore?" Answer: much harder than I imagined! sad.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
flag.gif
pillay2k
We have a few classics around the place...
it may have now turned into an unhealthy obsession..?
'82 911 sc '74 914 2.0
IPB Image
TR6
IPB Image
IPB Image
Lotus Elan S4 Morris Minor Split Screen also hidden Spitfire MK3
IPB Image
Renault 4CV
IPB Image
911 again + '92 VW T25 and 3 of 6 morris minors
IPB Image
'68 Cooper S + Early MG Midget
IPB Image
Split Screen Minor Cabrio Karman Ghia 4CV again
IPB Image
(various) MGC GT (1 of 2) Renault Caravelle 2x TR6 Lotus Elan Body Triumph Herald Also hidden Riley Elf
IPB Image
Restored '90's Defender
IPB Image
Mini Clubman 1275 GT with herald and landrover chassis!
IPB Image
12/50 Triumph Herald (+parts from various!)
IPB Image

There is more...
bryanf
My new toy...

Click to view attachment
type47
I got my "other" car back from Utah this summer. This is the car that got me into 914's. Bought it in '83.
Click to view attachment
naro914
my 993 cab, that I just tripped 175k miles this past weekend!

campbellcj
I dunno if it qualifies as cool, but my daily-driver is fast and reasonably comfortable. I've been really happy with it, but it's now over 10 years old and may get replaced this year if I decide what to get.

IPB Image
djporsche
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 18 2010, 04:59 AM) *

QUOTE(djporsche @ Jan 17 2010, 04:39 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

You better check the Vin#, as I've never seen somebody put those super heavy 75-76 bumpers on an earlier car.

T.C.

If I had a dollar for every time...

I know it has 75 bumpers. It also has a 75 gas tank, 75 steering column, 75 wiring, 75 2.0 motor. 73 body Vin# starts 47329*****.
Dr Evil
Do the vins from the window and the trunk and the front trunk all match? confused24.gif

Seems really odd to have all of those 75 things as it would cost some to convert to the less desired parts. Sounds interesting.
nsr-jamie
Well, its not exactly a car but it is my other toy. A 1994 Honda NSR250R SP street legal two stroke pocket rocket, this thing weighs like 120KG and has 61 HP and its a two stroke, very fun machine and only 1,000 ever made in these colors

IPB Image

IPB Image

And I have this little 100cc Honda XR100M (mini motard) for tearing up the neighborhood to make trips to the 7-11 biggrin.gif

IPB Image
nsr-jamie
That Beetle is so cool !!! Where did you get those carbon fiber air filters...I need filters bad for my 914, I wonder if they would fit my Dellortos, nice rides you have by the way!! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(type2man @ Aug 12 2009, 10:42 AM) *

1967 Westy w/2.0 type 4

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1967 Beetle w/2.7 type 4

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
QUOTE(pillay2k @ Jan 18 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Restored '90's Defender
IPB Image

There is more...

You are a Nut, you fit in perfectly. Very nice collection of cars.

Are those speakers by the Defender Klipsch Heresy's?

T.C.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 18 2010, 10:54 PM) *

I dunno if it qualifies as cool, but my daily-driver is fast and reasonably comfortable. I've been really happy with it, but it's now over 10 years old and may get replaced this year if I decide what to get.

IPB Image

Darn right it's a cool car, always wanted the S4, but it was out of my price range...had to settle for a non turbo v6. These days I want an S4 Avant, now that would be cool.
pillay2k
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 19 2010, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(pillay2k @ Jan 18 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Restored '90's Defender

There is more...

You are a Nut, you fit in perfectly. Very nice collection of cars.

Are those speakers by the Defender Klipsch Heresy's?

T.C.

Thanks!

Unknown on the speaker front... they are at least 20yrs old. Think they may be Wharfedale but relegated to the barn!

Defo a Nut though... Car Nut that is. biggrin.gif

Old DD
IPB Image
Current DD & me!
IPB Image
Another in the collection
IPB Image
driving.gif
djporsche
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2010, 12:00 AM) *

Do the vins from the window and the trunk and the front trunk all match? confused24.gif

Seems really odd to have all of those 75 things as it would cost some to convert to the less desired parts. Sounds interesting.

No window vin. Truck vin is 1259805, the paint code is gone so if anyone knows how to decode the trunk vin to find what color paint this car was let me know.
Dr Evil
Well, at least it is registered. I doubt highly that it is a 73. Sounds like someone did a switcheroo on the vins of a 75.
Zimms
I don't know about how cool, but we just replaced our '99 Passat with 240K for a 2010 Sportwagen TDI. Spent some extra $$$ on the big a$$ sunroof and loving the decision even during January in Indiana. The diesel is no drag racer, but makes a great DD.

Click to view attachment

type2man
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jan 19 2010, 07:10 AM) *

That Beetle is so cool !!! Where did you get those carbon fiber air filters...I need filters bad for my 914, I wonder if they would fit my Dellortos, nice rides you have by the way!! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(type2man @ Aug 12 2009, 10:42 AM) *

1967 Westy w/2.0 type 4

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1967 Beetle w/2.7 type 4

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The carbon fiber filter tops are no longer available. Made by a guy named Carbon Joe a few years back. Last months car of the month(yellow teener) had really cool filter tops that a vendor on here sells. Check them out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.