Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2011-Medford OR June 23,24,25,26 - SIGN UP NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
6freak
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 22 2010, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Dec 21 2010, 01:19 PM) *

Im still willing to help out with the AX anyway i can....maybe i can do tech ....so make sure your wheel bearings are good ,you have a good B- pedal ,seat is secure,seat belts work,and steering wheel is tight,and clean tires as in no weather checking or bulges or miss matched tread,,,,,,I dont let stuff slide,,,,,, for safety reasons of course.Have a great day

Thank you sir! We hope to see you on that Thursday to go over the track. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Jackson County Sports Park

Alot more to do at the Sports Park! Come a day or two early or late.

Lord willing and the creek dont rise,,I`ll be there .....and i can pick stuff up from Griot`s Garage !Im only 2 miles away and i will save them shipping cost ..just an idea
TC 914-8
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 22 2010, 08:42 AM) *

It's a straight shot 3+ miles down hwy 140 from the hotel. Your looking at "Martin Transportation" Diesel truck parking lot.

Click to view attachment

That always makes for a nice view ....
Looks like we could a do a few warm up laps in their yard, after a few beer3.gif on Sat night.
I contacted the RV park $30-34 per night depending if your a good Sam member.
I told her to expect a few more reservations...
helios
I may try to make this.....depends on the outage at work. I may not be able to get the time off if the outage hasn't finished by then.

So unfortunately I won't know until last minute. Nevermind the little fact I'll still need to find time to drop the motor/trans to get the alternator rebuilt (not working 100%), replace the rear main (been leaking since I bought the car) and need to look for a possible bad bearing/belt (thinking around the fan) as I heard a howling that would come and go while on the freeway.

Oh yeah, and an alignment. Need to get the GLi fixed too. It's not even starting.

All my projects are starting to test my patience. biggrin.gif

And we won't even get into the starter replacement on the Mustang weekend before last. dry.gif What a pain in the ***!

And on that note, I think I'm off for coffee and read for a while. Then back to clear out the garage some more so I can get a car in the garage start working on all these projects I'm not sure I've even got time for anymore.

Oh yeah.........Merry Christmas everyone!
jcd914
icon_bump.gif

My wife and I are planning to make the trek north for this, tied in with a visit to an old family friend even farther north. Don't know the specifics of our visit to our friend so i have not yet made reservation's but I am making plans.

One of the plans I am making is to make a WCR 2011 batch of beer. I have 6 (out of 6) successful ales so far and have progressed from extract brews to full grain brews. beerchug.gif

I am looking for suggestions on the beer to make. None of my beers have matched the commercial beer they were a "clone" of but all have been good beers and fit the style they were meant to. There are a couple other local 914world brewers I may try to talk into making batches for WRC 2011.

I make 5 gallon batches and put then into 5 gallon kegs.

Let me know what kind of beer you would like to try!

beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif

Jim

dw914er
India Pale Ale

or a good Stout
KELTY360
Just made my reservation. This is gonna be great!
NORD

ROOT BEER driving.gif
TC 914-8
I'll bring the Beer Openers beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
falconfp2001
Oh My God, the track is awesome. I so hope I'm finished with my build before this date.

So want to drive the course.

Frank
sawtooth
I'm in, ultimate motivation to get the car finished. Made the hotel reservations. I'll definitely be wanting to drive the track with the not so serious group. Hopefully there'll be a good showing of suby conversion guys there.
rick 918-S
Don't forget the wash equipment for the long distance travelers. I think every event I've ever attended I've hit foul weather and arrived with the Alien looking like a$$

I'll check our schedule and confirm with the boss. driving-girl.gif
strawman
I really like Jim's idea, as I'm a homebrewer, too. beer.gif

So I'll plan to make a Stout (for those hearty bastards among us) stirthepot.gif , keg it and bring along the rig for dispensing. In fact, I could commit to bringing my CO2 dispenser, a few tee fittings, "in" fittings for Cornelius kegs, and some extra tubing so that we could do a "communal" dispensing. Other brewers would have to bring "picnic" taps to dispense their brew. beerchug.gif

Maybe we should start a separate thread for this... beer3.gif

PS
I think it is really cool that we've got so many beer-related Smilies! givemebeer.gif
computers4kids
I made my reservations today for the RV park for Thursday, Friday, Sat. and Sunday night. piratenanner.gif It's been a long winter already and really miss hanging with some other 914 sickos smile.gif

Question. I will be towing or driving the 914 up to the meet (from CA) and afterwards would like to store the 914 inside somewhere nearby (relatively) for about a month. My wife and I plan on doing some traveling in Oregon and Washington along with our Suzuiki tow car. The 914 just doesn't make a great sight seeing car, especially since we also have two small dogs.

Anyone that knows the area know of a storage place that I could rent an indoor storage unit big enough for a 914 on a trailer?

Many thanks,
Mark
JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 19 2011, 07:06 PM) *

I made my reservations today for the RV park for Thursday, Friday, Sat. and Sunday night. piratenanner.gif It's been a long winter already and really miss hanging with some other 914 sickos smile.gif
Question. I will be towing or driving the 914 up to the meet (from CA) and afterwards would like to store the 914 inside somewhere nearby (relatively) for about a month. My wife and I plan on doing some traveling in Oregon and Washington along with our Suzuiki tow car. The 914 just doesn't make a great sight seeing car, especially since we also have two small dogs.
Anyone that knows the area know of a storage place that I could rent an indoor storage unit big enough for a 914 on a trailer?
Many thanks,
Mark

I do have a RV pad with some hookups. You are welcome to it anytime on your trip.
It's not close that close to Medford. YOu are welcome to leave the 914 at my place too. Worst case is a carport covered area for it. If your lucky I may have a spot in the Barn/shop
6freak
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 19 2011, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 19 2011, 07:06 PM) *

Many thanks,
Mark

I do have a RV pad with some hookups. You are welcome to it anytime on your trip.
It's not close that close to Medford. YOu are welcome to leave the 914 at my place too. Worst case is a carport covered area for it. If your lucky I may have a spot in the Barn/shop

and leave the keys driving.gif yahoo
computers4kids
Thanks Jamie for the offer, the wife and I still have to figureout what the game plan is going to be.

Hey Mike, I'm going to loosen my front wheel bearings just for you for the tech session. biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
All,

I have added this event to the newly released www.where2race.com

914 World West Coast Ramble Event

If you haven't seen it yet, the site allows the user to find events for clubs in their area and enable them to build a schedule for the year so that they can keep track of everything in one central location. You can also follow clubs and venues that you are interested in and find events that are occurring that you might not be aware of. The site also allows those who attend many types of racing events (i.e. autocross, karting, track event, etc) to locate and keep track of the schedules across multiple disciplines.

Due to my geographical location, most of the clubs/events listed are centered around the PacNW area. However, we are starting to expand out to include all the clubs and events across the US and parts of Canada.

Go ahead and create an account, log-in, and find events to add to your calender. Event organizer, create your club and start listing events to increase your exposure to new attendees.

Expect to see continued development of new features moving forward. Soon you will be able to add your events to your google calendars, build a buddy list of racing friends, and share events that you are attending with others. If there are clubs that you don't see, drop me a note at info@where2race.com

-Britain

Note: McMark, if you are interested in taking ownership of the club 914World on the site, drop me a note with your login email and I can transfer ownership to you and you can enter all the upcoming 914World related motorsports events.

6freak
Hey Mike, I'm going to loosen my front wheel bearings just for you for the tech session. biggrin.gif
[/quote]

I better check mine real good :)Believe it or not thats the biggest offender and then loose batteries ..you should see what we have to go through for Porsche Parade ...HUGE check list huh.gif
Just make it fun and it can be a really Great thing to do to help out,We could use a few more hands for this work session..3 to 4 guys or girls should be plenty.... anyone want to step up?
Rocky
Sound like a great event! Made room reservations and can hardly wait for some top off weather!

Rocky
PDXMike
I made my reservations yesterday, but at a hotel up the road where I had some reward nights to spend.

Now to get the car running, and the trailer hitch, and the tow bar, and tranny cooler on the van, and the ....
greenie
We just booked our room.

Can I get a guarantee that we'll have blue sky?

I'm so sick of this Seattle rain.

Only six more months to wait.

Thanks to all for the work that goes into this event. welcome.png
ConeDodger
OMG! Curt lives!!! evilgrin.gif
jim_hoyland
bye1.gif Hi Curt, how's the orange car coming ?
JRust
QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 21 2011, 08:29 PM) *

We just booked our room.

Of course it will be sunny! We should all be going topless evilgrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 22 2011, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 21 2011, 08:29 PM) *

We just booked our room.

Yowsa!!! Wait til The General hears that! new_shocked.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 22 2011, 05:41 PM) *
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 22 2011, 05:30 PM) *

Yowsa!!! Wait til The General hears that! new_shocked.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif

We're still hoping to have the Limo running by then ... smash.gif
greenie
Hey you pervs ! beerchug.gif

The only pictures I'm including are to answer Jims question about the Orange One.
I'm just kinda pecking away at the project, maybe WCR 2014.

I think we'll be driving the Green One to WCR 2011.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 23 2011, 03:53 PM) *

Hey you pervs ! beerchug.gif

The only pictures I'm including are to answer Jims question about the Orange One.
I'm just kinda pecking away at the project, maybe WCR 2014.

I think we'll be driving the Green One to WCR 2011.

smile.gif Nice pic, thanks. See you in Medford bye1.gif
montoya 73 2.0
*Update - It's official! (they spelled it wrong!)

Siskiyou Sports Car Club Website

The Karters club is going to be racing on Sunday the 26th. Click link below to see there schedule.

Southern Oregon Karters Club Schedule

Reserve your rooms and get that Teener going! You have 5 months to go!!

driving.gif driving-girl.gif grouphug.gif drunk.gif icon8.gif

Click link below for room details;

Post #80, end of page #4
SirAndy
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 24 2011, 12:04 PM) *

WTF.gif

"Posche" ??? lol-2.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 24 2011, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 24 2011, 12:04 PM) *

WTF.gif

"Posche" ??? lol-2.gif

I felt the same way. laugh.gif

I already put in a request to spell it correctly!

*Update - They fixed it!
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif
badboybear
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 6 2011, 07:20 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

We'll be there...the 25th is our 23rd or is it the 24th anniversary confused24.gif ...car will be running though (hers), may not look the greatest but we'll be there. grouphug.gif

Stay with mom & dad....free is a very good price! av-943.gif
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif 136 Days til WCR 2011..... smile.gif
JRust
Yes everyone look for updates this week. I hope to get our official registration going. This WCR is going to be great
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif 127 days to go....
RiqueMar

smash.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif type.gif type.gif welder.gif welder.gif
PeeGreen 914
Reservations made piratenanner.gif
JRust
Our people count is over 50. 914's are about half of that so far! Please go on the roll call thread ( http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...115755&st=0 ). Let us know if you are coming & if you made reservations at the host hotel. No problem if you use a different hotel or RV. The roll call thread will be the official registration thread soon. I will have registration fee's figured soon. Should be pretty close to last years as far as fees. A little higher with the addition of the autoX but not bad at all. This is going to be one great weekend piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
Hey Jamie, I am in for the AX as well. My wife may but I am for sure beerchug.gif
JRust
One other bonus is I will bring a digital touchscreen Jukebox. It's one of the machines I operate with work. They have great sound by bose. I think it will be a nice addition to our evenings. I'll even bring it to the autoX just to have something as background besides the sounds of our 914's.
montoya 73 2.0
thumb3d.gif piratenanner.gif

Nice touch Jamie!
JRust
I think we are close to 30 914's now. Some are probably questionable on making it with their 914. Let's set a new WCR record & break 50 914's piratenanner.gif . Tell anyone & everyone you know with a 914. We all know of some Teeners who really don't do much online. Make sure any & all know about it. shades.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif

Page 4, Really? beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
111 days til WCR.... smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif

A couple of other things you can do while in Medford while at the track.

There are a Gun range and R/C track just to the right (below in this picture). I will find out details if anyone wants to know about them, PM me.

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Had to search all the way to pg5 to find this, so................. icon_bump.gif
jim_hoyland
102 days to go icon_bump.gif
JRust
That is sneaking up quick. I need to get the darn registration going! Not to mention get my damn cars running mad.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 11 2011, 10:11 AM) *

That is sneaking up quick. I need to get the darn registration going! Not to mention get my damn cars running mad.gif

Has anyone checked to see how many rooms are still available at La Quinta ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.