Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2011-Medford OR June 23,24,25,26 - SIGN UP NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
JRust
hissyfit.gif awww! You guys are just the sweetest : slap.gif . Can't wait to do that in person in june happy11.gif
JRust
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 24 2011, 12:31 PM) *

beerchug.gif You rock Jamie aktion035.gif

Actually Drew (Montoya) John (Jakeoudle) Britain (who is heading up setting the track & the autoX in general) All rock. I'm just the lackey along for the ride smile.gif

Of Course all the wonderful Vendors who are going to contribute ROCK also. We will have a seperate thread touting how incredibly cool they are though first.gif

Oh & shameless plug for any vendor or membor who wants to contribute a prize. Please contact me via PM beer.gif
Elliot Cannon
Reservations made and paypal sent. See you all there.
Cheers, Elliot
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 13 2010, 10:39 PM) *

Cool track... anyone up for camping?

I wonder if I can get my tent and all my camping gear on the airplane? confused24.gif Will there be shower facilities for the ones who camp?

Shoe
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 26 2011, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 13 2010, 10:39 PM) *

Cool track... anyone up for camping?

I wonder if I can get my tent and all my camping gear on the airplane? confused24.gif Will there be shower facilities for the ones who camp?

Shoe

We're all hoping there is. av-943.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Wasn't McMark looking for a room mate?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 26 2011, 03:37 PM) *

Wasn't McMark looking for a room mate?

I thought I saw that someplace but read both threads today and didn't see it. I guess he deleted it so he wouldn't have to hear me snore.
montoya 73 2.0
It was a diiferent thread.

"I just reserved my room for WCR"

Elliot Cannon
I don't really have anything to say here, I just want to keep this on the front page.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 27 2011, 11:21 AM) *

I don't really have anything to say here, I just want to keep this on the front page.

thumb3d.gif
JRust
Only 88 days to go aktion035.gif

AutoX here we come
JRust
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 87 days to go chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
aircooledtechguy
That was easy. . .

30 seconds type.gif signed-up
1 minute on the phone, reservation made

Only 87 days and counting hissyfit.gif

My son and I will be coming in our 914. aktion035.gif driving.gif Can't wait!! We need a boys weekend out away from all the girls at home. Really looking forward to this!!!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Just a reminder;

Check the links below... So you can see where and what. Also some reviews of the hotel.

La Quinta Inn & Suites
2020 Leigh Way, White City, OR 97503
(541) 826-0800

Amenities & Services;

•Free Bright Side Breakfast™
•Free High-Speed Internet Access
•Free Local Calls
•Free Parking for 914s
•Meeting Facilities Available
•Business Center
•Guest Laundry Facilities
•Indoor Swimming Pool
•Spa
•Express Checkout Available
• Four legged pets Welcome

Free Bright Side Breakfast;™
•Waffles
•Hot and cold cereal
•Breads and muffins
•Fresh fruits
•All-you-can-drink coffee and juice

Plus enjoy these additional breakfast items:
•Hard Boiled Eggs
•Pastries
•Bagels
•Milk

Google map of hotel...Red Roof

Directions from Hotel to track..
We were told we can park trailers and motorhomes to the left of the hotel, in the empty field.

In order to get the 84.84 a night rate, You have to call and reserve using 914World as the code.
jim_hoyland
Here's a shout-out to Richard from So Cal that I see at many events and is a long time 914 owner; hope you can make the WCR 2011 ! Pic taken at Fontana speedway parade laps.
jimtab
Finally got all the new AA vacuum hoses installed correctly and had the CO reset, it idles like a new car and goes like I like it to....I'm ready for the trip North, can't wait, hope I don't embarass myself too badly in the auto-x......is it time yet.......no? OK, how about now? dry.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Come on up, I'm sure Elliot will be here any moment now.
Jakeodoule
Who is going to be "That Guy" this year? drunk.gif
Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Since Doctor Evil won't be here to defend his title, There will be one lucky new champion! Who wants to step up and claim this title?
aircooledtechguy
It won't be me. . . I can't play the guitar sober, so. . . beerchug.gif
JRust
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Only 85 days to go piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Jakeodoule
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 31 2011, 09:12 AM) *

It won't be me. . . I can't play the guitar sober, so. . . beerchug.gif

I've seen you be THAT GUY poke.gif
Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Ah, good times! Transmission fluid, liquor, bbq and good people. Gotta love it.
PeeGreen 914
Busy times these next few months....

April 11-14 Boston beerchug.gif
May 15? Dr evils clinic beer.gif
June 1-4 Vegas aktion035.gif
June 23-26 WCR piratenanner.gif

Somewhere in this time I need to finish my interior and get my car up to making this trip confused24.gif

Can't wait cheer.gif
Todd Enlund
Crap. I booked a wedding on the 24th.

On the plus side, it is in Eugene, so maybe I can drive VFR direct to Medford afterwards.
JRust
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Mar 31 2011, 11:08 PM) *

Crap. I booked a wedding on the 24th.

On the plus side, it is in Eugene, so maybe I can drive VFR direct to Medford afterwards.

Yeah that isn't to bad a drive. Worst case you make it to the parking lot for beerchug.gif
montoya 73 2.0
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 81 days left till WCR 2011. cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Make your reservations and get that Teener going!

How much snow does Crater Lake park get and does it ever go away?

The average snowfall at Crater Lake is 533 inches every year. That’s about 44 feet. The greatest cumulative snowfall for one season was 879 inches (73 feet) the winter of 1932-33. The greatest depth on the ground at one time was 258 inches (21½ feet) the winter of 1983. Most of the snow usually melts by the beginning of August, although after particularly heavy seasons, there are drifts that fail to melt before the snows return again in the early Fall.

For all who want to enter the A/X, Please be sure your helmet is atleast Snell 2000 or higher.

Jakeodoule
WCR is fast approaching.... Have you registered yet?
Click to view attachment
PDXMike
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 3 2011, 05:41 PM) *

For all who want to enter the A/X, Please be sure your helmet is atleast Snell 2000 or higher.

Neither my Wife or I have AX'ed before. Is there some set of rules and requirements I can get started with? It looks like new helmets are on the list as both current ones are Snell M95. I'd like to try to get a handle on everything else I'll need as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike
dw914er
I'll be going but still waiting on my dad for hotel info. I was able to get my job (first job as a college graduate) to start the day after WCR w00t.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 6 2011, 09:31 PM) *

I'll be going but still waiting on my dad for hotel info. I was able to get my job (first job as a college graduate) to start the day after WCR w00t.gif

piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(PDXMike @ Apr 6 2011, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 3 2011, 05:41 PM) *

Neither my Wife or I have AX'ed before. Is there some set of rules and requirements I can get started with? It looks like new helmets are on the list as both current ones are Snell M95. I'd like to try to get a handle on everything else I'll need as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike

There is a good few articles written on autocrossing. All you need is a car in good running condition, a driver, and a Snell2000 or newer helmet.

Just come out and have some fun. There will be a few guys out there that are instructors for their regions I am sure that can ride with you and give some instruction beerchug.gif

JRust
What Jon said but the major things are a good working car. Battery must be strapped down & not able to move. Wheels need to be set right on the bearings. Meaning no extra play or wiggle. If you can grab them, shake them & they move confused24.gif . Those 2 items will keep you off the course.

On helmets there will be a fair amount of guys there with them. I believe we will have a few rentals available from the SCCA guys too. I have no problem sharing mine. Depending on the track layout. There will be a max of 2 cars on the course. Possibly only one at a time. I'll let Britain figure that out. We will add a link with the rules soon.

I cannot stress enough that everyone registering should feel comfortable going out on the track. There will be plenty of time & fun runs. So even if you could care less about your times. You will have time to enjoy it also driving.gif .
dw914er
Will there be a helmet rental opportunity? I do not own one, yet.
JRust
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 6 2011, 10:03 PM) *

Yes there will be rental's available. You might want to consider a helmet/head sock. Makes getting them on & off easier. It also makes it better for multiple users of a single helmet.
PeeGreen 914
I will try to remember to bring my extra helmets as well. I have 2 Snell 2000s and I will have two 2010s by then. So I am sure someone will be able to use my spares.
dw914er
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 6 2011, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 6 2011, 10:03 PM) *

Yes there will be rental's available. You might want to consider a helmet/head sock. Makes getting them on & off easier. It also makes it better for multiple users of a single helmet.

Sweet. Most events I usually just used my buddy's helmet or rented one so that's good to know beerchug.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif
JRust
confused24.gif 74 days left shades.gif Time to get on the ball. If you can't make it at least order a shirt & a dogtag. At least you can fake it that way happy11.gif
montoya 73 2.0
another icon_bump.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif
biosurfer1
I'm not sure if it's been answered, but what is included in the $70 registration fee? Don't want to order an extra shirt if one is included
montoya 73 2.0
No shirts are included, but instead is;

This is the design;

Click to view attachment

This is the Material, 16ga. Polished Stainless (mirror finish) laser etched;

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Crater Lake Fun Facts;

Where can I get to the lake to go swimming?

There is only one place where it is safe and legal to get down to the lake edge. It is the Cleetwood Cove Trail, which usually opens mid to late June. Visitors are welcome to swim in the lake from the shoreline at the end of this trail.
Rand
Drew, thanks for posting useful info instead of just a bump icon.
Swimming? I might be in, but I bet it's still crazy cold water. 914 polar bear dip? Girls, bring your bikinis.

Looking forward to seeing y'all.

And Troy, git yur ass down here. A few of us will pitch in to cover your damn fees. And you can ride down with Marc. You will have better luck representing the AHA if you team up anyway.
JRust
Don't forget some of the best prizes ever piratenanner.gif

Can anyone use a newly EVILbuilt side shift transmission? Oh yes we will have one as a prize beer.gif

How about a Shaeffer service cover wub.gif . Anyone who doesn't own one will be drooley.gif all over this one

Many more to come first.gif
dw914er
is it too soon to start planning caravans biggrin.gif
JRust
More prizes chowtime.gif

Al Garcia (Als914) is also donating a set of his "LED gauge lighting".

Yello914 (Raul) is donating a set of "Reproduced Aluminum threshold plates & Carpet Rails"

The world famous McMark is donating one of his modified speedo drives

Pete at Restoration Design is donating a set of his reproduction inner rockers replacements

Many more to come cheer.gif

If you would like to donate something for a prize please shoot me a pm pray.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Paid! Is there a thread yet for a NW caravan?
jim_hoyland
63 days until WCR 2011 ! smile.gif Decide which 914 you are going to bring........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.