Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2011-Medford OR June 23,24,25,26 - SIGN UP NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Mike Knox
I registered and paid on Monday 04/18/2011, and had to pay the higher fee ($70.00).
Was this correct?

Mike
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Apr 18 2011, 10:09 AM) *

Paid! Is there a thread yet for a NW caravan?

I'm coming from Anacortes area and would love to make a line of 914s as we head south. My son and I are heading down the morning of the 23rd. . .

Who's in for a caravan??
Loser_Cruiser
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Apr 20 2011, 06:00 PM) *

I'm coming from Anacortes area and would love to make a line of 914s as we head south. My son and I are heading down the morning of the 23rd. . .

Who's in for a caravan??

This guy! No 914 for me just my 911. I'm in Bellingham. I think my dad would wanna meet up with the caravan in Portland in his 914 smile.gif so excite
JRust

Who's in for a caravan??

We will see when you guys come through. I planned to head down early on the 23rd. Who knows though confused24.gif . I'll have a better idea when it's closer
McMark
Registration prices go up tomorrow SIGN UP NOW! biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
My wife and I are heading out early Thursday so we can join in the train beerchug.gif
computers4kids
Hey Jamie,
I have room for 3 more 914s...should I swing by and pick you up? beerchug.gif
Rand
av-943.gif
You just bought Jamie's first beer.
retrotech
Anyone from the North driving down on Fri.?
TC 914-8
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 20 2011, 09:19 PM) *

Who's in for a caravan??

We will see when you guys come through. I planned to head down early on the 23rd. Who knows though confused24.gif . I'll have a better idea when it's closer

My wife and I are leaving monday headin for the Oregon coast in the motor home. Towing or trailering the 914, If anyone is leaving early or wants to meet up, let me know beer3.gif any golfers out there?? Bandon Dunes?? Astoria??
JRust
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Apr 21 2011, 10:56 PM) *

My wife and I are leaving monday headin for the Oregon coast in the motor home. Towing or trailering the 914, If anyone is leaving early or wants to meet up, let me know beer3.gif any golfers out there?? Bandon Dunes?? Astoria??

You know Tony I might be up for a round when you get down to Oregon. I was only going to take wed, thur, fri off but I think I will take the week. Give me a chance to put some miles on the teener before driving.gif . We'll work it out sometime that week. One other thing is I do hav RV hookups at my place. You are welcome to park here anytime smile.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 22 2011, 06:39 AM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Apr 21 2011, 10:56 PM) *

You know Tony I might be up for a round when you get down to Oregon. I was only going to take wed, thur, fri off but I think I will take the week. Give me a chance to put some miles on the teener before driving.gif . We'll work it out sometime that week. One other thing is I do hav RV hookups at my place. You are welcome to park here anytime smile.gif

Ahh, Right on Jamie. PM me your general location and I'll see where you are located. I was thinking of making it to Newport the first night, then south from there the next day. Let me know, or where would be a good stopping point Tuesday.
JRust
I got a few prizes in this week. The service cover from Garold Shaeffer came in. We also go tthe inner Rocker panel replacements from Restoration Design piratenanner.gif .

Only 60 days until WCR 2011 welcome.png . Be there beerchug.gif

Who will hold the autox first.gif driving.gif ? driving-girl.gif ?
montoya 73 2.0
  • Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States
  • The second deepest lake in the Western Hemisphere
  • The seventh deepest lake in the world
  • Maximum lake depth: 1932 feet
  • Average lake depth: 1500 feet
  • Maximum lake width: 6 miles
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 24 2011, 09:02 PM) *

I got a few prizes in this week. The service cover from Garold Shaeffer came in. We also go tthe inner Rocker panel replacements from Restoration Design piratenanner.gif .

Not me sad2.gif

Unless someone with a much more capable 914 needs a tire warmer with risk of being beat by their tire warmer happy11.gif (Risk... not saying I will.... just that there is a risk blink.gif )
dw914er
Hotel booked w00t.gif

btw, is the registration fee based on number of drivers at the event? I'll be towing my 914 from California, but I think my dad might drive his Camaro separately. Would we pay one member fee or two?
JRust
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 25 2011, 06:54 PM) *

Hotel booked w00t.gif

btw, is the registration fee based on number of drivers at the event? I'll be towing my 914 from California, but I think my dad might drive his Camaro separately. Would we pay one member fee or two?

Registration is based on one driver & one car in the autoX. While I don't think a fn run or 2 by a spouse would necesitate a seperate registration. Someone who wants to participate fully in the autoX should register themselves & not as a family. Having said all that this is meant to be fun for everyone. We don't plan on sending anyone away smile.gif
dw914er
I doubt he will autocross the camaro, but he wants to cruise in the fun runs around crater lake. The 914 should be ready for an autox though.
JRust
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 25 2011, 07:11 PM) *

I doubt he will autocross the camaro, but he wants to cruise in the fun runs around crater lake. The 914 should be ready for an autox though.

Should be fine then. This WCR is going to rock aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
What do ou have planned when we get to Crater lake ? Lunch, walk around time ? other ?
JRust
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 26 2011, 05:42 AM) *

What do ou have planned when we get to Crater lake ? Lunch, walk around time ? other ?

Yes lunch at crater lake. There are 3 different restaurants to choose from up there. Everyone is kind of on there own to choose which. You can even just bring a sack lunch & have a picknick. It is pretty open as far as that drive goes. I'll be heading back pretty early to get things ready for the big dinner/awards banquet.
montoya 73 2.0
55 Days till WCR 2011! Get them tuned and ready to roll!
TC 914-8
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 24 2011, 09:02 PM) *

Jamie,
I will be able to donate a few 914 and 914-6 beer openers. I will bring them or do you need them sent ahead of time?
JRust
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Apr 28 2011, 07:16 PM) *

Jamie,
I will be able to donate a few 914 and 914-6 beer openers. I will bring them or do you need them sent ahead of time?

Please just bring them along with yourself & thanks biggrin.gif . We all love the prizes drooley.gif
ThinAir
Linda & I got registered a few days ago. Waiting to hear from the RV park on a spot. We'll be getting in a few days on the coast at Bandon and some time just hanging out in the area afterward - lots of great roads and wineries in the area to check out.

I've never auto-x before so I'm really looking forward to this. It's gonna be a great event.

Are we there yet?
JRust
Excellent Ernie! Not sure if you golf but Bandon has some very nice courses
JRust
We now have 30 confirmed & paid registrations. Plenty of those are & one's for family. There are another 15 who said they were coming but have yet to register confused24.gif . Time's a wasting WTF.gif lol-2.gif . Seriously though this is coming together great. I even ran into a guy in Portland today who doesn't get online much. I told him about the event & gave him my card. I'm hoping we can get some teeners there who don't get online. Always nice to expand our community. I will be putting some adds on Craigslist announcing it pretty soon evilgrin.gif

Also order some T-Shirts! I know Drew put the preorder thread for it up. We've only got a few orders so far. They are great looking thanks to Ken getting the artwork all done. He really did a great job as usual
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(JRust @ May 3 2011, 08:14 PM) *

We now have 30 confirmed & paid registrations. Plenty of those are & one's for family. There are another 15 who said they were coming but have yet to register confused24.gif . Time's a wasting WTF.gif lol-2.gif . Seriously though this is coming together great. I even ran into a guy in Portland today who doesn't get online much. I told him about the event & gave him my card. I'm hoping we can get some teeners there who don't get online. Always nice to expand our community. I will be putting some adds on Craigslist announcing it pretty soon evilgrin.gif

Also order some T-Shirts! I know Drew put the preorder thread for it up. We've only got a few orders so far. They are great looking thanks to Ken getting the artwork all done. He really did a great job as usual

icon_bump.gif
So the shirt is NOT included in the registration fee?
I read the first post and don't see anything about whats included for the reg fee.
Sorry if this was covered but I didn't want to read 14 pages of posts.

JRust
No the shirt is seperate from the registration. In trying to keep the registration cost down. We kept the shirt seperate. Only 44 days to go piratenanner.gif
ThinAir
Do we have a list of who is at the RV park?
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 13 2010, 07:21 PM) *

Host Hotel is La Quinta Inn & Suites in White City

Just FYI, the hotel is sold out for that weekend.

I'm currently trying to find something close-by ....
dry.gif
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 10 2011, 02:05 PM) *

dry.gif

Hey Andy, I was going to cancel mine if you want it you can have it.
I am still going, but money is tight lately and I'm going to camp.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ May 10 2011, 02:27 PM) *

dry.gif

Cool!

How are we going to do this? You keep the reservation and i'll just pay you???

beerchug.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I just called the hotel and Andy is correct. The hotel is full except there are two rooms available on friday only.

FYI, we have 30 rooms filled.
SirAndy

Got it!

Thank you Sir. pray.gif
J P Stein

dry.gif

I'll be camping also....Where we goin'? biggrin.gif
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 10 2011, 04:42 PM) *

dry.gif

I'll be camping also....Where we goin'? biggrin.gif

Can we pitch a tent at the racetrack pits? Drew could you check with your contact?
Most racetracks allow it.
TC 914-8
I'm at the RV park down the street. You may want to see if they have camp sites
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 10 2011, 06:52 PM) *

They don't. Just concrete slabs for RV's
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ May 10 2011, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 10 2011, 06:52 PM) *

They don't. Just concrete slabs for RV's

Great! That sounds nice! Hope they have a pet area.
JRust
Hey Drew any chance the hotel would let us use the other side of the fence for some tents?
montoya 73 2.0
Are you going to be at Lakewood RV? They should have a pet area.

Click to view attachment

Distance from Hotel

Click to view attachment

As for camping at the track, We can thursday night but Thursdays are Super Moto practice days. The club president said as long as we stay out of the way it should be good. There are no hook-ups but there is a bathroom and a few electrical outlets.

I will call Dick to get more info.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 10 2011, 08:09 PM) *

Are you going to be at Lakewood RV? They should have a pet area.

As for camping at the track, We can thursday night but Thursdays are Super Moto practice days. The club president said as long as we stay out of the way it should be good. There are no hook-ups but there is a bathroom and a few electrical outlets.

I will call Dick to get more info.

I was being a JOKSTER, about the pet area. I'm sure they do, I was hoping for grassy knowls and meandering creeks. poke.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ May 10 2011, 07:52 PM) *

Hey Drew any chance the hotel would let us use the other side of the fence for some tents?

I put in a call to Nora and she will call me back tomorrow.
montoya 73 2.0
Theres a dirt bike area between the RV camp and the track that meanders by the creek and grassy knowl.
Jakeodoule
The track sounds good to me.
I was looking at the overhead on bing and it looks like a grassy area up by the pond.
Just going to pitch a tent. beerchug.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif and a place to stromberg.gif

I used to race SuperMoto so I prolly know a few of those dudes.
Are they racing during the weekend?
The track will be open all weekend right?
Or I'll go to the ohv area.
I just figured I'd work it out when I got there.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ May 10 2011, 08:42 PM) *

The track sounds good to me.
I was looking at the overhead on bing and it looks like a grassy area up by the pond.
Just going to pitch a tent. beerchug.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif and a place to stromberg.gif

I used to race SuperMoto so I prolly know a few of those dudes.
Are they racing during the weekend?
The track will be open all weekend right?
Or I'll go to the ohv area.
I just figured I'd work it out when I got there.

The only thing on the schedule for that weekend besides us is the Karters on Sunday. There is a grassy area next to the pond. It's just outside of the track and people actually fish out of it. don't know if it's stocked.
biosurfer1
So that is the only hotel in White City? It looks like the next closest hotel is ~20 minutes away in Medford?
montoya 73 2.0
Yeah, but all those hotels and motels are near all the fun stuff like civilization and all that you need to exist for the weekend except the WCR 2011!
dw914er
so, who's organizing the So Cal caravan? I plan on doing the drive in one day, most likely along the 5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.