Jakeodoule
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 2 2011, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jzdu @ Jun 2 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Sweet trophy! Will there be a prize for the biggest oil leaker? biggrin.gif

How about one for the most annoying girlfriend? idea.gif

Sure I got you covered Andy!
Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Awesome trophies John! I would love one of those myself.
jim_hoyland
WOW ! Only 19 days til 2011 WCR....Seen this long range weather projection: http://www.dryday.com/united-states/oregon...ather-forecast/

Chart shows %Risk of Rain:
jzdu
The weather has been decent here for the last couple days. Although it can change every 5 minutes biggrin.gif . Usually the rain stops by the end of June.
TC 914-8
Here's my update if anyone cares, and I do have a question(s) at the end.
I will be heading south from Sequim via 101 thru Astoria in the RV trailering the Teener on a awsome trailer, my neighbor is letting me borrow, we will find a RV site Monday night confused24.gif , don't know where, but we're on vacation. Tuesday head south on 101 Stopping at all the tourists stops for beer and cheese. Tuesday afternoon ending at Sunset beach state park (Coos Bay) for 2 nights, beach and golf course within walking distance.
Thursday AM head for White city, have a spot reserved at the RV park near the hotel, for 3 nights.
If anyone is in any of the areas we that are stopping at, or passing thru let me know, we can carravan, golf , drink beer, ect.

My 2 questions: Is a Snell 2005 rating acceptable for the AX? And are we still planning the Saturday cruse to Crater Lake ? ( last talk was there was too much snow).
Mike Knox
Hi Tony!!

I can answer this question:

"... are we still planning the Saturday cruse to Crater Lake ? ( last talk was there was too much snow)."

I'm planning the cruise.

There will be snow regardless, but it will be confined to the park proper. We will go to the rim, there is a large parking area which is cleared. The roads to and from the park are all clear, paved, and mostly scenic country. I will be driving the route this next week in order to take notes so I can provide written instructions to each participant. We will have 1-2 rest breaks, and will go through 3-4 climate zones on the trip, as well as several 1000 feet of altitude change both ways.

Hope this helps you plan.

Mike
TC 914-8
Hi Tony!!

I can answer this question:

"... are we still planning the Saturday cruse to Crater Lake ? ( last talk was there was too much snow)."

I'm planning the cruise.

There will be snow regardless, but it will be confined to the park proper. We will go to the rim, there is a large parking area which is cleared. The roads to and from the park are all clear, paved, and mostly scenic country. I will be driving the route this next week in order to take notes so I can provide written instructions to each participant. We will have 1-2 rest breaks, and will go through 3-4 climate zones on the trip, as well as several 1000 feet of altitude change both ways.

Hope this helps you plan.

Mike
[/quote]
Thanks Mike!!

aktion035.gif driving.gif
thumb3d.gif
retrotech
Doesn't look like Rothsport will have my engine will be done in time for the event. I have a room reserved, but will give it up in one week.

Stephen www.route30classics.com
JRust
QUOTE(retrotech @ Jun 5 2011, 01:44 PM) *

Doesn't look like Rothsport will have my engine will be done in time for the event. I have a room reserved, but will give it up in one week.

I know there are people wanton rooms still. Hopefully they will get with you quick & take your reservation
retrotech
JP has spoken for "first option", I f I don't go. But its only for Fri & Sat.
montoya 73 2.0
17 Days till WCR! Get your Registrations in before it goes up or wait till the last minute if you have cash burning a hole in your pockets!
rick 918-S
I'm almost ready to sign up. I may have solved my oiling issue. assimilate.gif
JRust
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 6 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Awesome Rick! We need an Alien sighting. I can't believe how close it is. I've got so much to do too. Oh well it will be worth it piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 6 2011, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 6 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Awesome Rick! We need an Alien sighting. I can't believe how close it is. I've got so much to do too. Oh well it will be worth it piratenanner.gif

I'll know more after the weekend. I have to drive the car more to be sure but I'm traveling for several days this week.
ThinAir
Completed the "highway speed towing test" tonight (with nervous spouse in passenger seat). Just gotta check the spare tires' air pressure and pack and we'll be ready to go. Hittin' the road a week from Friday - I can hardly wait!
Elliot Cannon
I had the wheels balanced last week. The tire stor didn't want to because the tires need replaced but new tires will have to wait till later. The old ones will make it to Oregon and back no problem. I overhauled the Webers today and will adjust them tomorrow. Replace alternator belt tomorrow, adjust clutch and finally adjust valves. ( Saving the best for last). I was going to change the oil but that can wait as well. I can't think of anything else except clean and shine. I've been to every WCC/WCR since 2004 and looking forward to this one and many more.
Cheers, Elliot
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Jun 6 2011, 09:38 PM) *

Completed the "highway speed towing test" tonight (with nervous spouse in passenger seat). Just gotta check the spare tires' air pressure and pack and we'll be ready to go. Hittin' the road a week from Friday - I can hardly wait!

Was your wife in the tow vehicle at the time? Or the vehicle being towed? confused24.gif av-943.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 6 2011, 10:00 PM) *

I had the wheels balanced last week. The tire stor didn't want to because the tires need replaced but new tires will have to wait till later. The old ones will make it to Oregon and back no problem. I overhauled the Webers today and will adjust them tomorrow. Replace alternator belt tomorrow, adjust clutch and finally adjust valves. ( Saving the best for last). I was going to change the oil but that can wait as well. I can't think of anything else except clean and shine. I've been to every WCC/WCR since 2004 and looking forward to this one and many more.
Cheers, Elliot

Which 914 are you driving ?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 7 2011, 03:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 6 2011, 10:00 PM) *

Cheers, Elliot

Which 914 are you driving ?

The one I'm not trying to sell.
greenie
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 6 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Cheers, Elliot

With the bald tires you should be able to keep the speed down, no extra costs (speeding tickets) that you paid for WCR08. driving.gif

My car is finally running like it should, thanks for all the help Rhodyguy & AircooledTechguy!

Getting the General packed up for the trip.
Rand
Greenie's coming? And Elliot's black beauty? Gettin' better by the day.

Hey Curt, speaking of Rhodyguy, it's about time we drag him back out of the wings. Talk him into coming down! (Hi Kevin)

And maybe the Alien??? Woot, go Rick go!! I hope you can make it!!

Just found out Becky got Wednesday off, so that adds some time to the front of our Oregon road trip. Hoping that turns into more WCR time for us.
JRust
Hey Rand it was great to see you sunday. Hopefully you can find a 914 before WCR. Even if you don't just come hang out man. The whole weekend is going to be great aktion035.gif . I have a dedicated 914 weekend in a couple days. Going to get my v8 put back in. Hope I haven't lost anything I really need for it idea.gif
jzdu
Wow, can't wait to see my home town swarmed with 914s. Hopefully you guys can look my car over and tell me what I have done incorrectly biggrin.gif
JRust
More prizes coming in. I recieved a apckage from Appearance & Performance! Huge thanks to James & Heidi piratenanner.gif

A&P Girl is also donating 2 of her complete hardware kits aktion035.gif . Thanks Carrie beer.gif
retrotech
Tossing in the towel on this event. Gamroth is in Europe, 914 won't be done in time.
I have reservations at Quinta for Fri & Sat. If anyone wants them let me know asap, as I will cancel this week end.

Stephen
rick 918-S
QUOTE(retrotech @ Jun 8 2011, 02:48 PM) *

Tossing in the towel on this event. Gamroth is in Europe, 914 won't be done in time.
I have reservations at Quinta for Fri & Sat. If anyone wants them let me know asap, as I will cancel this week end.

Stephen

Sorry to read this. Remember, these events are as much about the people as it is about the cars. It's a great way to meet people you only know from this forum. Specially because it's in your home state. I highly doubt I wil ever see a big 914 event in my state.

But if your really going to bail send me a pm. I have not made resrevations yet. I would be happy to fill your spot. assimilate.gif
retrotech
Thanks Rick, I appreciate the sentiment. However great the people, to be there with all of the 14's and not be driving mine will kill me. I was really wanting to show my interpretation of a 914R. The new twin plug 3.0 built by Gamroth will be a killer. So sorry not be there. I will PM you with hotel details.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(retrotech @ Jun 9 2011, 12:26 AM) *

Thanks Rick, I appreciate the sentiment. However great the people, to be there with all of the 14's and not be driving mine will kill me. I was really wanting to show my interpretation of a 914R. The new twin plug 3.0 built by Gamroth will be a killer. So sorry not be there. I will PM you with hotel details.

Cool, I'm traveling all day today. I won't be on line til late tonight.
Mike Knox
Took my 1974 3.2 conversion for it's intial test drive today.

piratenanner.gif NO PARTS FELL OFF!! piratenanner.gif

It's been 5-1/2 long years of modification, rustoration, and customization. blink.gif

The odometer had -0- this morning now it's got 10K. driving.gif

That's right I had my guages recalibrated-everything's metric. biggrin.gif

So now to get it insured, relicensed and ready for WCR!! smilie_pokal.gif

Mike

P.S. I'll try to post some pix tomorrow.
JRust
Excellent Mike! Today must have been a blast. Definately get that bad boy registered. Be a shame to get a nasty ticket before. Thanks for figuring the saturday route by the way. See you soon biggrin.gif
retrotech
Rick,

If you want the reservation please e mail me at retro356@gorge.net, and I will give you the info.

Stephen

montoya 73 2.0
Received the shirts this afternoon! Going to try and ship tomorrow!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 9 2011, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(retrotech @ Jun 9 2011, 12:26 AM) *

Cool, I'm traveling all day today. I won't be on line til late tonight.

PM sent beerchug.gif Call me
JRust
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 2 weeks to AutoX first.gif first.gif first.gif

I'm not going to talk to much smack. I do plan to kick all you who don't know how to drive butts happy11.gif Those of you that know how to drive confused24.gif Well you can show me how to improve rolleyes.gif . Damn this is going to be fun driving.gif
SirAndy
Did you guys get my cheque?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(retrotech @ Jun 9 2011, 11:40 PM) *

Rick,

If you want the reservation please e mail me at retro356@gorge.net, and I will give you the info.

Stephen

Just saw this post. I sent an email. I'll try to call your shop.
retrotech
Rick,

Its yours.

Stephen
JRust
One other question. It seems like there are always a few cars people may be selling when they come. I put an add on Craigslist about WCR. Trying to get it out there to some who may not come on the World. I mentioned there are usually a few cars for sale. I've had a few replies from people looking for 914's. Kind of a unique way to show off your car to prospective buyers. Of course they want to know what might be there. SO if you are considering selling your 914. Please let me know some specifics on it. I will pass it along to those asking. Thanks biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Reservation confirmed. Thanks Stephen! I'll get signed up tonight.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2011, 01:19 PM) *

Did you guys get my cheque?

yes, Sorry Andy and to those who are also wondering. I kept forgetting. headbang.gif headbang.gif I just deposited the last few two days ago.
aircooledtechguy
I have a request for someone with a fast car and knows how to really drive it. . .

I'm looking for someone who would like to give my 11 y/o son, Josh a ride-from-hell driving.gif happy11.gif for a lap around the track in a car much, much faster than his dad's humble 1.8L. I'd like to make it a surprise for him and catch it on video. If you'd like to make a young car fanatics weekend and be a fond memory for the rest of his life, please shoot me a PM. I can offer profuse thanks and drinks after the event in trade.

beerchug.gif
Rand
I'm trying to find the "like" button for Nate's post. biggrin.gif
Maybe Brit will take him for a spin?
SirAndy
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 10 2011, 03:46 PM) *
I'm looking for someone who would like to give my 11 y/o son, Josh a ride-from-hell driving.gif happy11.gif for a lap around the track in a car much, much faster than his dad's humble 1.8L. I'd like to make it a surprise for him and catch it on video. If you'd like to make a young car fanatics weekend and be a fond memory for the rest of his life, please shoot me a PM. I can offer profuse thanks and drinks after the event in trade.

I can do that as Brit doesn't have a passenger seat ... driving.gif
JRust
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2011, 05:01 PM) *

See we are all just a bunch of givers biggrin.gif . anything to help a brother out you know wub.gif
Rand
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Doh! Minor detail. Forgot about that seat coming out. Well, hey, he could hang on to the roll bar and brace his leg with his foot against the new fuel pump!? biggrin.gif

Andy, you could probably sell tickets for shotgun rides around that course in your 3.6. I know I'd be in. beerchug.gif
Mike Knox
Another event happening in the Rogue Valley that weekend is a big car show in downtown Medford. So you may see more than a few vintage cars cruising around.

Anybody want to see my dad's fully restored 1955 Thunderbird?

Mike
jzdu
QUOTE(Mike Knox @ Jun 10 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Another event happening in the Rogue Valley that weekend is a big car show in downtown Medford. So you may see more than a few vintage cars cruising around.

Anybody want to see my dad's fully restored 1955 Thunderbird?

Mike

Hey Mike, I believe the cruise is the weekend before WCR.
montoya 73 2.0
I believe it is the previous weekend. The Big car show is over on this side of the Cascades that same weekend at MoorePark.

Click to view attachment

They are going to be at Crater Lake on that Sunday.
Mike Knox
Yer both right. I got the weekend wrong. chair.gif Sorry for the misinformation. I was just trying to further dispell the myth that there's nothing to do in this area.

Mike
JRust
Made some progress. I got my drivetrain back in place.Still need to hook up alot of little things. So it isn't running yet. Still it is closer than it was yesterday biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.