hot_shoe914
Not to mention get Shoe's damn car running

agree.gif poke.gif Quit sheeplove.gif around and Git 'er done! slap.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 11 2011, 06:07 PM) *

Not to mention get Shoe's damn car running

agree.gif poke.gif Quit sheeplove.gif around and Git 'er done! slap.gif

happy11.gif

PeeGreen should be looking good for this event piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif . I've got some good stuff planned in the next month so I can actually start driving it driving.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 11 2011, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 11 2011, 10:11 AM) *

That is sneaking up quick. I need to get the darn registration going! Not to mention get my damn cars running mad.gif

Has anyone checked to see how many rooms are still available at La Quinta ?

I have secured a spot at the RV park just down the street. For those coming with RV's jump on it, they have limited spaces available. type.gif Send Lexie an email she'll save you a spot.
montoya 73 2.0
I just got off the phone with the hotel, here are some percentages on the occupancy of the dates of the WCR. Originally the hotel put 30 rooms aside for the club, as of a few minutes ago there are 4 rooms left out of 30 for a reservation starting on Thursday the 24th. Including our 30 rooms and the rest of the hotel puts them at 65% full. Friday the 25th is at 45% full.

Even if we go over the 30 rooms they will still honor the 914World price! So get your reservations in if your coming on Thursday or even friday, April is the month the hotel starts filling up reservations for the summer time.
roadster fan
Woohoo, I just booked for WCR2011!

Add me to the list! and probably +2 (still trying to work out those details)

Jim
JRust
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Mar 11 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Woohoo, I just booked for WCR2011!

Add me to the list! and probably +2 (still trying to work out those details)

Jim

Excellent Jim! It about damn time too evilgrin.gif . Bring the family man. I'll have my wife & 3 kids along. My girls will be manning the registration table. They will be 16 by then so you vultures better watch your tongue's. Not to mention your looks ar15.gif Daddy's always got his best friend Smith along. Not to mention Wesson ar15.gif .

Our count is over 60 now! Keep them coming people. Let's overun that dang hotel
jim_hoyland
[quote name='montoya 73 2.0' date='Mar 11 2011, 07:56 PM' post='1443265']
Even if we go over the 30 rooms they will still honor the 914World price! So get your reservations in if your coming on Thursday or even friday, April is the month the hotel starts filling up reservations for the summer time.
[/quote
Good info, thanks . Even if you are on the fence on attending, a reservation can be cancelled up to 24 hrs prior to check in at no cost. Reason I brought this up; at the Seattle WCR, a number of people had to stay at a second location away from the main site.
TC 914-8
How about this view 36,000ft
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Found this about Crater Lake:

http://www.nps.gov/crla/faqs.htm
roadster fan
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 11 2011, 09:02 PM) *

Excellent Jim! It about damn time too evilgrin.gif .

I was waiting to see if you were gonna have a running 914 before I booked my room! shades.gif

Can't wait, and I am definitely trying to bring the family too.

Jim
JRust
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Mar 12 2011, 12:17 PM) *

I was waiting to see if you were gonna have a running 914 before I booked my room! shades.gif

Dude talk about a kick to the privates sad.gif . that just hurts icon8.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 12 2011, 07:43 AM) *

Oh Jim you beat me to it. I was going to start posting that info in bits as a bump for the future. biggrin.gif Still going to though!

By the way, My pops used to take me to Sunset Beach Camp grounds every year during strawberry season for a week. first.gif We would load up the Lime Green AMC Gremlin and have some fun fishing on the beach!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 12 2011, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 12 2011, 07:43 AM) *

Oh Jim you beat me to it. I was going to start posting that info in bits as a bump for the future. biggrin.gif Still going to though!

By the way, My pops used to take me to Sunset Beach Camp grounds every year during strawberry season for a week. first.gif We would load up the Lime Green AMC Gremlin and have some fun fishing on the beach!

Good idea, you can still post it for the countdown. You may be thinking of another Sunset Beach--near Santa Cruz ?? I'm at the Sunset Beach near Huntiington Beach.

montoya 73 2.0
Yeah, Santa Cruz. I didn't know there was two? Damn, You learn something everyday. Even on a Saturday.
roadster fan
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 12 2011, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Mar 12 2011, 12:17 PM) *

Dude talk about a kick to the privates sad.gif . that just hurts icon8.gif

I didnt even bring one last year, so you did better than me in Tahoe. Was meant in the spirit of getting our cars off of jack stands and driving them in beautiful Oregon in a few months. smile.gif

Jim
JRust
I made some progress with my suby conversion. Getting more inspired by the day. WCR will rock!!! I know of at least 3 suby converted 914's that will be there. I even have a line on a guy in So Cal who has done a few of them for other people & has one himself. Hoping to get him there too piratenanner.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 12 2011, 06:41 PM) *

Yeah, Santa Cruz. I didn't know there was two? Damn, You learn something everyday. Even on a Saturday.

Here's a pic of my 914, vintage 1985, taken in those straberry fields near No Cal Sunset Beach.
montoya 73 2.0
1985 I was there that summer! Waking up in the morning getting out of the tent to a strawberry scent sure sticks in my mind. Good times!
roadster fan
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 14 2011, 01:06 PM) *

Here's a pic of my 914, vintage 1985, taken in those straberry fields near No Cal Sunset Beach.

Jim that is less than 10 minutes from my house. On your way to Oregon this summer you should recreate the shot as sort of a 25 (ok 26) year anniversary flash back kinda thing!

Jim
jim_hoyland
98 days to go..... smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Mar 14 2011, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 14 2011, 01:06 PM) *

Jim that is less than 10 minutes from my house. On your way to Oregon this summer you should recreate the shot as sort of a 25 (ok 26) year anniversary flash back kinda thing!

Jim

Jim never drives his car beyond a 40 mile radius of his house. Someone might have to pick him up at the airport. av-943.gif poke.gif
JRust
Heading down this saturday to meet Drew at the track. We are checking out there opening weekend autoX. We will meet up with the gents supplying our equipment. Just wish I had a running 914 to join in the autoX.

Our caterers will be at the track too. So we will test out there grub. They will be doing our saturday evening awards dinner. I'll be getting our costs finalized & registration up monday.
montoya 73 2.0
Just received confirmation that everyone who is supposed to be at the track will be there. Supposed to rain (about 1/2").
PeeGreen 914
Time for some RAIN TIRES happy11.gif

Toyo RA1s are actually a good tire for wet weather autocrossing beerchug.gif
RiqueMar
I'm no longer going to be able to make it sad.gif

EDC is the biggest concert of the year, and it's in Vegas the same weekend. Damn.
JRust
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Mar 18 2011, 10:23 PM) *

I'm no longer going to be able to make it sad.gif

EDC is the biggest concert of the year, and it's in Vegas the same weekend. Damn.

Dude priorities creamsicle914.jpg
RiqueMar
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 19 2011, 07:32 AM) *

I know, I know... but i'm 22 and my priorities are just a tad different..... sad.gif

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
Thats a hard decision! Having fun with the fella's, driving cars, telling stories and a little drinking OR looking at fine women that you wont ever touch. Oh wait, maybe I'm talking about myself!
JRust
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Mar 19 2011, 08:44 AM) *

I know, I know... but i'm 22 and my priorities are just a tad different..... sad.gif

Seriously dude! PRIORITIES driving.gif . Just bring your girl like you did last time & your covered chair.gif
McMark
Event registration is NOW LIVE! Click here to sign up.

Make sure to get your registration in early to get the best rates.

This is gonna be GREAT! mueba.gif Jumpy.gif boldblue.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif
JRust
Anyone wanting to write a check. Please write & send checks to: Drew Montoya , 3737 Lakeport Blvd , Klamath Falls OR 97601 (please add your 914world name with your check) Make checks to Drew personally & he will deposit them into our WCR account.

jimtab
OK, fees paid, motel reserved...local family still need to be warned of our arrival, 10 day Oregon fishing license to procure, pack flyrod, tuneup and just wait..................BUT I can't wait!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 21 2011, 01:35 PM) *

Anyone wanting to write a check. Please write & send checks to: Drew Montoya , 3737 Lakeport Blvd , Klamath Falls OR 97601 (please add your 914world name with your check) Make checks to Drew personally & he will deposit them into our WCR account.

Just saw this. Disregard my email Rusty The paypal didn't seem to work for me; I'll send a check smile.gif Be careful, these auto-mailed check look a lot like junk mail.....

Jim

pjhaun
When is the last day that we can register?
Is there a cut of date for the hosting lodge?

TC 914-8
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 21 2011, 04:27 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 21 2011, 01:35 PM) *

Just saw this. Disregard my email Rusty The paypal didn't seem to work for me; I'll send a check smile.gif Be careful, these auto-mailed check look a lot like junk mail.....

Jim

Pay pal worked for me I'm all set
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Mar 19 2011, 10:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm going with Riquemar!
strawman
Registurd (sp!) and rarin' to go... just wish my car could be ready, which is highly doubtful. Nonetheless, I look forward to hanging out with you guys again!

Geoff
JRust
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Mar 21 2011, 07:59 PM) *

When is the last day that we can register?
Is there a cut of date for the hosting lodge?

Hey Phil I would reserve the hotel now! They only hold it with a credit card & don't charge anything until you get there. You can cancel the week leading up without penalty I think. On the off chance something changes & you can't come.
Registration for WCR is open now. You can register up until the event. You can even register at the event. It just cost more that way.
retrotech
I just registered, but the Hotel says the special rates are no longer available?
JRust
Hey Stephen we've had the Hotel posted for a few months. We may be past the time they will honor the rate. We will look into it though. Hold off the hotel reservation until you hear from me. Hopefully we can talk them into honoring the rate for a bit longer.
retrotech
Thanks, really appreciate that. My new engine is being built at Rothsport. Didn't know if it would be ready in time. Looks like it will be!
JRust
Drew just dbl checked with the manager at La Quinta. We still have our rate in place. Must have been a brain fart on the kid working the counter when you called. So reserve now people biggrin.gif
mstein95
Room reserved - Registration Paid - oh and icon_bump.gif

Looking forward to the event - WOOT!!
PeeGreen 914
Sent in my registration monies for my wife and I. So when do we pay for track stuff? confused24.gif
JRust
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 24 2011, 10:33 AM) *

Sent in my registration monies for my wife and I. So when do we pay for track stuff? confused24.gif

AutoX track fees were partially sponsored from WCR 2010. It is all included in the registration. No Extra track fees besides registration biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 24 2011, 11:06 AM) *

AutoX track fees were partially sponsored from WCR 2010. It is all included in the registration. No Extra track fees besides registration biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif You rock Jamie aktion035.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 24 2011, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 24 2011, 11:06 AM) *

beerchug.gif You rock Jamie aktion035.gif

agree.gif Rock On
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.