Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2011-Medford OR June 23,24,25,26 - SIGN UP NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
TC 914-8
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 10 2011, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2011, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 10 2011, 03:46 PM) *
I'm looking for someone who would like to give my 11 y/o son, Josh a ride-from-hell driving.gif happy11.gif for a lap around the track in a car much, much faster than his dad's humble 1.8L. I'd like to make it a surprise for him and catch it on video. If you'd like to make a young car fanatics weekend and be a fond memory for the rest of his life, please shoot me a PM. I can offer profuse thanks and drinks after the event in trade.

I can do that as Brit doesn't have a passenger seat ... driving.gif

See we are all just a bunch of givers biggrin.gif . anything to help a brother out you know wub.gif

I have a fast car but only have 4min. seat time on a track. He's welcome to the passenger seat, as I go to the school of hard knocks driving.gif
montoya 73 2.0
11 Days People! Start packing!
dw914er
It's getting close smile.gif
JRust
Hell yeah another WCR AutoX
aircooledtechguy
THANK YOU Sir Andy and TC 914-8 for the offers to scare the ba-jeezes give him a ride he'll never forget!! happy11.gif I can't wait to see the ear to ear grin!! driving.gif beerchug.gif
Britain Smith
I have a passenger seat...I will be selling rides for $5 smile.gif

-Britain
J P Stein
Got a cheep hotel in Medford for 2 nights. They may rent rooms by the hour. biggrin.gif
Extended forcast is low 80s....but this is the NW.
Mike Knox
Too bad for you guys. This week there's a week long microbrew festival going on in Medford concurrent with the weeklong car show.

JP, what motel did you reserve?

I can probably tell you whether you got a good one or not.

Mike
J P Stein
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 13 2011, 03:47 PM) *

Got a cheep hotel in Medford for 2 nights. They may rent rooms by the hour. biggrin.gif
Extended forcast is low 80s....but this is the NW.

Days Inn. If it has a roof, bed, & crapper, I'm good to go. yellowsleep[1].gif
montoya 73 2.0
Friday at the track there will be a vendor selling;

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

BBQ or Garlic Lemon Chicken Breast

(for the Vegan's there will be Egg Plant Burgers or Hero's)

Home Made Cole Slaw

Home Made Baked Beans

Fruit or Cake

Soda's and Water (free)

The Saturday Dinner menu will be (included with registering);

Home Made Lasagna

Home Made Chicken Parm over Spaghetti

(for the Vegan's there will be Egg Plant Parm)

Garlic Bread

Salad

Home Made Canolli's and Fruit

Coffee, Soda and water
JRust
Hey we had a member that stopped by our host hotel La Quinta. Turns out the other group cancelled their 20 rooms. So they will still honor out group rate & there are rooms open now!
PeeGreen 914
So it looks like I wont be able to make it to this sad.gif Was at the dentist and my son needs some work that is going to cost me about $1,000 out of pocket. dry.gif

A little bummed but family first beerchug.gif
Rand
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 14 2011, 01:12 PM) *

Turns out the other group cancelled their 20 rooms. So they will still honor out group rate & there are rooms open now!

Sweet! I just upgraded us from a tent and we get a shower to boot! biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like we'll be rolling in Thursday night. Wednesday & Thursday we'll be re-exploring where I grew up. Not sure yet whether we'll be in the 914 or the Jeep....A lot of the favorite places I want to show Becky are only accessible by 4x4 or dirt bike. smile.gif
Britain Smith
Just got a room for Thursday night, 15 rooms left.

-Britain
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 14 2011, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 14 2011, 01:12 PM) *

Turns out the other group cancelled their 20 rooms. So they will still honor out group rate & there are rooms open now!

Sweet! I just upgraded us from a tent and we get a shower to boot! biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like we'll be rolling in Thursday night. Wednesday & Thursday we'll be re-exploring where I grew up. Not sure yet whether we'll be in the 914 or the Jeep....A lot of the favorite places I want to show Becky are only accessible by 4x4 or dirt bike. smile.gif

Tow the 914 with the Jeep. I flat towed my Teener with the Jeep Commander to WCR 2010 Tahoe. Towed beautifully!
TC 914-8
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jun 14 2011, 02:47 PM) *

So it looks like I wont be able to make it to this sad.gif Was at the dentist and my son needs some work that is going to cost me about $1,000 out of pocket. dry.gif

Bummer!!! I was looking forward to see your new car, Good luck at the Dentist.
zx-niner
Add one more room to the suddenly available total. I had a big monkey wrench thrown into my WCR plans today at work. A big project scheduled for this Thursday, Friday and Saturday got pushed out one week to next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Say goodbye to the vacation I had scheduled. headbang.gif

At least now I don't have to push too hard to get the transmission from Dr. Evil's clinic last week back in the car, along with my fan-cooled oil cooler dry.gif

I will be calling the hotel tomorrow.
JRust

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for John smile.gif . I'm feeling some strange financial windfall is bound to come biggrin.gif . Then he can make the trip.

Although admittedly we all really only wanted to see Tierra huh.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 15 2011, 07:16 AM) *

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for John smile.gif . I'm feeling some strange financial windfall is bound to come biggrin.gif . Then he can make the trip.

It looks like I won't be able to attend this years WCR sad.gif Life is getting in the way. John, would you like my registration spot (fully paid)? Jamie, if John doesn't use my registration, please feel free to help someone who wants to go. bye1.gif
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jun 15 2011, 07:24 AM) *

It looks like I won't be able to attend this years WCR sad.gif Life is getting in the way. John, would you like my registration spot (fully paid)? Jamie, if John doesn't use my registration, please feel free to help someone who wants to go. bye1.gif

Sorry you can't make it. Thats really cool you offering your registration to someone else. What a great community we have! beerchug.gif
Maybe we can refund someones fees as a doorprize on you!

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jun 15 2011, 07:24 AM) *

I appreciate the offer but I was paid in full as well. It is the gas, lodging, and food part that I am going to have to pass on. A windfall would be nice but it is more just making sure I have all the funds needed to get my car where I want and make sure my son can get the expander he needs beerchug.gif .
Britain Smith
Hey Jon, if you come down to Portland on Thursday you can hitch a ride down with me for the Friday AX. I got an air mattress you can set-up in the room at La Quinta. I am returning Friday night and can offer you a place to crash Friday night before driving back to Seattle Sat. morning. Heck, my plan is to go to Packwood Sat. night for the NWSCCA event on Sunday.

-Britain
PeeGreen 914
Thanks for the offer Britain. I will see if I can swing that. Tierra may have other ideas as this was supposed to be our time away. But it never hurts to try biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jun 15 2011, 09:30 AM) *

I appreciate the offer but I was paid in full as well. It is the gas, lodging, and food part that I am going to have to pass on. A windfall would be nice but it is more just making sure I have all the funds needed to get my car where I want and make sure my son can get the expander he needs beerchug.gif .

Looks like Britain has you covered for Lodging and gas. We can cover you for beer beer.gif and food chowtime.gif Friday afternoon and dinner. poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 15 2011, 10:28 AM) *
We can cover you for beer beer.gif and food chowtime.gif Friday afternoon and dinner. poke.gif

agree.gif
JRust
Come on Jon. At the very least let Tierra hitch a ride down for the weekend cheer.gif . lol-2.gif

In all seriousness though our community is just great. We all want everyone there if possible. If people want to be there I know everyone here would do anything they can to help. The absolute best thing in our community is our willingness to go out of our way to help a fellow teener out. We do need to get our list of numbers out for anyone who may find trouble along the way. grouphug.gif

I met Lew Meangle last night. He headed up early from CA to Portland. So he stopped by my place to chat. Was good to meet him & see his teener. He will be at WCR next week for sure.
JRust
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Only a week away piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Things are looking good. I may just go from not having a working 914 for close to 2 years. To having 3 working & at WCR happy11.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 16 2011, 07:17 AM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Only a week away piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Things are looking good. I may just go from not having a working 914 for close to 2 years. To having 3 working & at WCR happy11.gif

So excited for you guys!

Hey, is anyone going up from SoCal? I have a small package to send to you guys if there is anyone around San Diego/LA/OC. I can FedEx it, but that didn't turn out too well for the Route 66 event.
JRust
Bring it up yourself Rique biggrin.gif . It will be funner than Vegas confused24.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Fast approaching! It's almost 6 Days to go!
ThinAir
Teener is hitched up, bikes are mounted on the rack, just gotta pack clothes tonight. We leave in the a.m. driving.gif
Britain Smith
What...you are already on your way? See you next week.

-Britain
JRust
Weather is looking perfect! Sunny & mid 70's piratenanner.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jun 16 2011, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 16 2011, 07:17 AM) *

So excited for you guys!

Hey, is anyone going up from SoCal? I have a small package to send to you guys if there is anyone around San Diego/LA/OC. I can FedEx it, but that didn't turn out too well for the Route 66 event.

Inland Empire here bye1.gif I can probably help

Is there anyone else from socal driving up for this? If so, we should set up a caravan smile.gif
JRust
Well I hit a few snags today. May only be the LE that makes it to WCR. Guess I jinxed myself on my v8. There is still hope but I've got some things to work through. Oh well at least my LE is a lock coming up. Just remember Rob when you are driving it up. If you get in a wreck make it a good one. While keeping yourself safe of course. Make sure that sucker is totalled if you get in a wreck evilgrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Rob?
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 18 2011, 11:19 PM) *

Rob?

Yeah Conedodger is driving up with McMark. Mark is going to drive his Rabbit while Rob drives the LE. Heck I just can't wait to drive it myself driving.gif . Been a long time coming rolleyes.gif
70_914
My cars are currently piles of parts that will be bolted onto a less rusted in half car, to be found later. I would like to ride my bike down Saturday, see the cars and say hi. Is that something that requres entrance fees or registration? I read all posts, and even clicked on the registration link but didn't find an answer.

Thanks
JRust
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jun 19 2011, 12:08 PM) *

My cars are currently piles of parts that will be bolted onto a less rusted in half car, to be found later. I would like to ride my bike down Saturday, see the cars and say hi. Is that something that requres entrance fees or registration? I read all posts, and even clicked on the registration link but didn't find an answer.

Thanks

No you are welcome to stop by & hang for a while. You only need to register if you plan to partake in the activities & awards Dinner. Please come to see everyone, hang out & see all the beautiful 914's creamsicle914.jpg
TC 914-8
The coach is all loaded and fueled up, just have to load the Teener on the trailer hook up and head out in the AM. I wanted to hook up today and give it a test run but the weather and a small hangover got in the way beer3.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jun 19 2011, 08:08 PM) *

The coach is all loaded and fueled up, just have to load the Teener on the trailer hook up and head out in the AM. I wanted to hook up today and give it a test run but the weather and a small hangover got in the way beer3.gif

We're at Bullards Beach State Park in Bandon. Look for a yellow teener zipping up & down the southern coast driving.gif
al weidman
Boy, I can't tell you guys what a bummer that happened to me yesterday. Friday I got my car out and on the road for the first time this year. Ran perfect so I went home and detailed the interior, polished the wheels and blacked the tires. waxed the car and treated the top and sail panels. Saturday I got up early to go to the donut shop get together and it ran a little rough. I went about three miles and it did not clear up. Runnig on three cylinders. What I don't get is that it happened sitting overnight. Checked all the usual suspects, looks like I will miss this one. headbang.gif hissyfit.gif bye1.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(al weidman @ Jun 19 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Friday I got my car out and on the road for the first time this year.

Check the fuel filter ... idea.gif
JRust
You got a few days Al. I'm sure you'll figure it out. I can't believe there is only 3 days left biggrin.gif . I'm sleeping like crap with all the WCR & 914 work I am trying to do. Just keep wakin gup with somehting on my mind dry.gif . Except it is more like a kid the night before x-mas evilgrin.gif I'm just wired for the fun
shulew 3
Jamie, glad to see your excited!

I have a room to share for a non snorer? Teener from Hemet not coming, so spot open. t-f-s

Leaving Salem about 3pm Thurs

Lew

760-409-1389

montoya 73 2.0
today is my Thursday. I took Wednesday off to be sure I have everything ready to leave Thursday morning. I should be at the hotel Thursday morning. I'm thinking about 10ish. Help the hotel rope our area off and then head over to the track.
retrotech
Unfortunately Rothsport won't have my engine done for the event. I have given up my room. Is it possible to get a refund from the club, or apply my registration fee to another?

Stephen
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(retrotech @ Jun 20 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Unfortunately Rothsport won't have my engine done for the event. I have given up my room. Is it possible to get a refund from the club, or apply my registration fee to another?

Stephen

Sorry to hear that you won't make it to the event. sad.gif

All unused balance money for this event will be donated to the WCR 2012 starter fund! So to answer your question, Yes it can be and/or will be applied to another! cheer.gif

Unless you come to an agreement with someone, to use your registration for this event. Please PM Jamie or I so we can note it. Thanks!
Mike Knox
Hi Everyone!!

I spent the day designing and traveling the route for our tour of Southern Oregon. We'll be driving about 120 miles, only a short part of which is 4 lane or urban roads. We'll travel through orchards, vineyards, 3 climate zones, see lots of wildflowers in bloom in the high country, there'll even be snow. shades.gif All roads are paved.

Bring your camera. There will be a couple of photo stops.

We'll have a 3000 foot climb in 13 miles, so lots of twists and turns. happy11.gif Lunch will be at lakeside at Lake o'the Woods Resort. chowtime.gif Then if you want you can continue on to Crater Lake, or head back to WCR-HQ drunk.gif via a high speed downhill ending in more twists and turns, as we find our way back. happy11.gif

The weather is supposed to be dry, and in the high 80's by the weekend.

I'll have a direction sheet for each of you. Hope your trip odometer works!! idea.gif

Looking forward to sharing my home territory with you!! biggrin.gif

Mike
montoya 73 2.0
Sweet! thumb3d.gif

Just a heads up; They still have 90 inches of snow on the ground!

West Rim Drive - CLOSED
North Entrance Road - CLOSED
East Rim Drive - CLOSED

That means no drive around the rim, You can only drive from the Southern entrance up to Rim Village (visitor center) and then back out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.