Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2011-Medford OR June 23,24,25,26 - SIGN UP NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
jim_hoyland
I'm in. Do you have any thoughts on a Lodging site yet ?
JRust
Things are looking great! We have Vendors commiting to prizes.

Our track day is looking great on the 23rd. I've been asked to get a rough idea of how many cars will be doing the AutoX? Could everyone pipe in on that. Things are pretty laid back. We will have some time for the serious guys. Also plenty of time for those not so serious. We will have a good full day of track time driving.gif .
So please pipe in with your plans. This is just to get a rough idea. I know there will be plenty of changes in peoples plans.

On the lodging I will get talk with our planning committee. I know we had some rough idea but nothing set as of yet. We will have both a host hotel & hopefully a close by campground/rv place. All our activities will be at the host hotel for the most part.
DNHunt
Ax here. I'm awful but I try.

Dave
Elliot Cannon
I'll probably be there all five days. I'll be at the autocross but won't be participating because whenever I do, I just make everyone else look bad and there is usually hard feelings. poke.gif av-943.gif Anyway, if Joe Sharp brings his car up to the autocross it will smoke the whole field no matter who is driving it! first.gif (Even if T H O M A S is driving). lol-2.gif
Cheers, Elliot

PS Is there a Marriott or Hilton in town? laugh.gif
Mike Bellis
I would like to AX. Don't know if I'll get any traction but I guess I could drift it? See haw many cones I can take out.
danno55
I'm absolutlely in for the autox. Although I think I would have more fun driving my dads car poke.gif biggrin.gif
Twise
Hmm, how far from SD Jim?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 5 2010, 02:35 AM) *

Hmm, how far from SD Jim?

800 miles
ThinAir
I'll be up for the Auto-X if I make it to the event.
JRust
Okay a bump for the slight change. The thursday autoX didn't work out. So we have the track on friday the 24th. Please note the change on your calenders. Still a ways off obviously. Just want to give plenty of notice of the change.

Changes made on first page & first post
TC 914-8
I'm in for the AX and all events, I'm planing on taking the MotorHome and trailering the 914. Is there provisions for RV's? I'll pencil in the dates fo shor.
TI
computers4kids
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 24 2010, 08:12 PM) *

I'm coming but can't decide on camping (5th wheel) or hotel. I'm thinking trailer either way. Jamie, I can bring your parts if you want to wait 8 months... beer.gif

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Nov 11 2010, 12:05 AM) *

I'm in for the AX and all events, I'm planing on taking the MotorHome and trailering the 914. Is there provisions for RV's? I'll pencil in the dates fo shor.
TI

I'll be bringing the motorhome and maybe a 914. confused24.gif
Coy
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 11 2010, 09:07 AM) *

I'm coming but can't decide on camping (5th wheel) or hotel. I'm thinking trailer either way. Jamie, I can bring your parts if you want to wait 8 months... beer.gif

TI

Hey come on, everyone wants to see the automatic 914!
zx-niner
I plan on attending. A Friday AX actually works better for me. The way the car is running (incredibly well) I need to start making excuses now why I couldn't drive better.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(Coy @ Nov 11 2010, 09:24 AM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 11 2010, 09:07 AM) *

TI

Hey come on, everyone wants to see the automatic 914!

I think mark sold the auto 914,, maybe the new owner will bring it up.

-Robert
JRust
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Nov 11 2010, 05:47 PM) *

I think mark sold the auto 914,, maybe the new owner will bring it up.
-Robert

Hey I hope you are going to have your rotary ready in time. Be nice to have more than just mine there biggrin.gif
NORD

I hope to attend, pretty shure I will. There will be a group caravan I hope to

join for the trip. The problem will be getting AX tires down to the site, may

just have to run on steet tires for the AX driving.gif

Let us know when the Hotel has been decided so I can book.

Thanks for taking charge of this event
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 2 2010, 10:54 AM) *
I've been asked to get a rough idea of how many cars will be doing the AutoX?

+1 for the AX ...

Whatever hotel you guys come up with, make sure they have a huge parking lot with a corner where we can make noise all night.

And decent room service. chowtime.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 12 2010, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 2 2010, 10:54 AM) *
I've been asked to get a rough idea of how many cars will be doing the AutoX?

+1 for the AX ...

Whatever hotel you guys come up with, make sure they have a huge parking lot with a corner where we can make noise all night.

And decent room service. chowtime.gif

Remember Seattle ? smile.gif
Mike Bellis
I'm in for the AX if I ever get around to fixing my clutch.
McMark
boldblue.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif
ConeDodger
I am hoping to get both of the Weidman boys to come up. Harvey had to cancel due to the death of a close friend for the Tahoe event. Maybe this year???
montoya 73 2.0
thumb3d.gif aktion035.gif
biosurfer1
I'll be there too...Friday works better for me on the AX also. I wont be competing but I still like to check out the racers!
mpoffers
Is this a good first AX for a newbie?
JRust
QUOTE(mpoffers @ Dec 3 2010, 07:16 PM) *

Is this a good first AX for a newbie?

Yes this will be. This is meant to be a fun kick ass day for everyone. There will be some track time for the serious guys. Along with the rest who just want to give it a try. I could care less about points. I can't wait driving.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif
JRust
Big Thanks to John fro getting our host hotel set. They are willing to rope off a nice section of the lot for us. I think we can even get the rooms on that side of the parking lot (great idea Drew). Our Group rate is $84.84 for a double. They also have Suites available for those that want a little bigger nicer room. I don't think we get a group rate on those though. Just call & say 914world to get the group rate. Host Hotel is La Quinta Inn & Suites in White City & is just a few miles from the track. Our group rate is $84.84. You must call in the reservation & say 914world to get that rate. We will have an official registration later. Feel free to call & reserve your room now though biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
Thats a very good price compared to their regular rates...nice work!

p.s. your link doesn't work
montoya 73 2.0
Check these links below... So you can see where and what. Also some reviews of the place.

La Quinta Inn & Suites
2020 Leigh Way, White City, OR 97503
(541) 826-0800

Google map of hotel...

Directions from Hotel to track..
We were told we can park trailers and motorhomes to the left of the hotel, in the empty field.

In order to get the 84.84 a night rate, You have to call and reserve using 914World as the code.
jim_hoyland
Made my reservation this am; it sounds like this is a popular place to stay in the summer months. smile.gif Great rate ! Thanks for finding this place

Amenities & Services

•Free Bright Side Breakfast™
•Free High-Speed Internet Access
•Free Local Calls
•Free Parking for 914s
•Meeting Facilities Available
•Business Center
•Guest Laundry Facilities
•Indoor Swimming Pool
•Spa
•Express Checkout Available
• Four legged pets Welcome
Free Bright Side Breakfast™
•Waffles
•Hot and cold cereal
•Bread and muffins
•Fresh fruit
•All-you-can-drink coffee and juice

Plus enjoy these additional breakfast items:
•Hard Boiled Eggs
•Pastries
•Bagels
•Milk

Here's a link to Medford's monthly weather including temps and rainfall: http://www.climate-zone.com/climate/united...oregon/medford/
montoya 73 2.0
Thanks Jim! thumb3d.gif

All others see post #80 for details.
KELTY360
Will there be any events happening on the 23rd?
J P Stein
I just noticed the dates. The last week in June is historically the least likely to rain week in the NW. Good job.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 14 2010, 02:11 PM) *

Will there be any events happening on the 23rd?

I believe the events for June, Thursday 23rd - Saturday 25th (Sunday is a day of memories, alot of people driving home safely and planning for WCR 2012) will be the following;
grouphug.gifbeer.giflol-2.gifbeerchug.gifchatsmiley.gifbeer3.gif

Thursday 23rd is the Meet & Greet. Will also be at the track checking things out and going over rules and regulations for the AX. Then right back to aktion035.gif
McMark
Damn. Gotta get CRACKIN' on the limo! smash.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif

Come on guys and gals! Make your reservations. santa_smiley.gif

wreath.gif

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
[quote name='montoya 73 2.0' post='1407842' date='Dec 20 2010, 07:37 PM']
icon_bump.gif

Come on guys and gals! Make your reservations. santa_smiley.gif

wreath.gif

/quote]

I walked into an antique store today and there are two different paintings of crater lake for sale. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Definately make reservations before the snow melts ! smile.gif
TC 914-8
Hey what's the word for us RV folks who trailer Queen our cars in. Anyone know of a place w/RV hook ups close to the hotel? Track , etc...
JRust
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Dec 20 2010, 10:08 PM) *

Hey what's the word for us RV folks who trailer Queen our cars in. Anyone know of a place w/RV hook ups close to the hotel? Track , etc...

Pretty sure John said there was one close to the track. There is an empty lot behind the hotel they own. They said we could use it for RV's or trailers. No hookups though
dw914er
Gotta check plans with my father but I should be attending. It'll be a good college graduation event! smile.gif
Britain Smith
Just saw this...I stayed at the La Quinta last time I was down there...really nice accommodations.

-Britain
Jakeodoule
If you need hook ups this RV park is less than a 1/2 mile away.
http://lakewoodrvpark.com/

Otherwise pretty sure we'll be able to have a few RV's parked on the other side of the fence from the parking lot. This will be a good place for car trailers as well. They said we could park there. The hotel sounded pretty much willing to do what ever we need. They wanted our business.
How refreshing!!
montoya 73 2.0
The front desk kid told me they had a Hot Rod car show in there parking lot last summer. Took up the front parking lot also. So they know what to expect, sort of?

Click to view attachment

Oh, I made my reservations also. Thursday to Sunday (three nights $254.52)
piratenanner.gif drunk.gif
JRust
Got my rooms reserved. I requested to be on the side facing our parking lot. She said she would try but couldn't guarantee it. Going to be KICK ASS
6freak
Im still willing to help out with the AX anyway i can....maybe i can do tech ....so make sure your wheel bearings are good ,you have a good B- pedal ,seat is secure,seat belts work,and steering wheel is tight,and clean tires as in no weather checking or bulges or miss matched tread,,,,,,I dont let stuff slide,,,,,, for safety reasons of course.Have a great day
TC 914-8
I am in for sure, my wife, Coleen, is already talking about going, so yes you get to meet my better half after 3 years of events with out her.
Thanks for the RV info. I'll either check out the lot near the hotel, or book at the near by RV park. Just have to make sure I put in for vacation time that week.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 21 2010, 11:17 AM) *

The front desk kid told me they had a Hot Rod car show in there parking lot last summer. Took up the front parking lot also. So they know what to expect, sort of?

Click to view attachment

Oh, I made my reservations also. Thursday to Sunday (three nights $254.52)
piratenanner.gif drunk.gif

From this picture I see the Hotel and RV park, is the track accross the street from the RV park?
montoya 73 2.0
It's a straight shot 3+ miles down hwy 140 from the hotel. Your looking at "Martin Transportation" Diesel truck parking lot.

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(6freak @ Dec 21 2010, 01:19 PM) *

Im still willing to help out with the AX anyway i can....maybe i can do tech ....so make sure your wheel bearings are good ,you have a good B- pedal ,seat is secure,seat belts work,and steering wheel is tight,and clean tires as in no weather checking or bulges or miss matched tread,,,,,,I dont let stuff slide,,,,,, for safety reasons of course.Have a great day

Thank you sir! We hope to see you on that Thursday to go over the track. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Jackson County Sports Park

Alot more to do at the Sports Park! Come a day or two early or late.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.