Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2011-Medford OR June 23,24,25,26 - SIGN UP NOW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
JRust
WCR 2011 is coming up June 23-26 in Medford, OR. Click here to register.

Here is a basic overview of the plan for the 2011 West Coast Ramble.
Thursday the 23nd- Meet n greet at La Quinta in White City

Friday the 24rd - AutoX held at the Jackson County Sports Park. AutoX rules & time we start to be announced. We have the track all day & will start fairly early. BBQ lunch will be at the track for our midday meal drooley.gif . We will have them there with lunch available. The lunch is not included in the registration. Friday night is open as far as dinner. Eat in the hotel parking lot. Go out to one of the local places? Your call what you want to do for dinner.

Saturday the 25th - Our show & shine will take place with judging starting at 9:14 . We have changed our route. Mike Knox was kind enough to figure out a better way for us to go. Crater Lake still is not open all the way. So it would be tough for us to enjoy that ride. We will do the following after the show-n-shine.

I spent the day designing and traveling the route for our tour of Southern Oregon. We'll be driving about 120 miles, only a short part of which is 4 lane or urban roads. We'll travel through orchards, vineyards, 3 climate zones, see lots of wildflowers in bloom in the high country, there'll even be snow. All roads are paved.

Bring your camera. There will be a couple of photo stops.

We'll have a 3000 foot climb in 13 miles, so lots of twists and turns. Lunch will be at lakeside at Lake o'the Woods Resort. Then if you want you can continue on to Crater Lake, or head back to WCR-HQ via a high speed downhill ending in more twists and turns, as we find our way back.

Sunday the 26th - Typically there is an informal breakfast. People head out as needed. I plan to have an optional drive to the coast this day. Depending on saturdays drive going off without a hitch. Those heading south can break off on the 101. Those heading North can break off on the 101 also.

Thanks for your patience. We are working hard to make this the best WCR yet biggrin.gif . Really seems to get better every year anyway. Our Vendor Support has been great every year. We appreciatte all their efforts & will be getting ahold of many of you. You are more than welcome to get ahold of us first chowtime.gif . Hoping for the best turn out to date. Also if you have never been to Crater Lake. It is truly beautiful & worth the drive to see. A picture of the track & of Crater lake are below

Registration fees below (link to pay) Please add your 914world name in the comments
Please write & send checks to: Drew Montoya , 3737 Lakeport Blvd , Klamath Falls OR 97601 (please add your 914world name with your check) Make checks to Drew personally & he will deposit them into our WCR account.

$70 before April 22nd , $30 for participating family member (who eats with us) $120 for a family pack (1 kid or more doesn't matter) This is new & meant for families with kids under 18. There is no need to pay for kids if they are not going to eat with us at the awards dinner. So only choose this if your kids are going to be at the awards dinner also. I do plan to have my daughters available for babysitting for the dinner. There will ba an alternate activity for the kids during this time. Some Movie setup or swim party. I'll plan it more when we know what kids will be coming & there ages.

$80 after april 22nd & before June 15th.

$90 after june 15th & at the event[/b]

Host Hotel is La Quinta Inn & Suites in White City & is just a few miles from the track. http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyPr...eRoomPref=NSMK# our group rate is $84.84. You must call in the reservation & say 914world to get that rate.

Here is the current list of those with reservations at the hotel! WCR paid registrants will have their name in red below. As you pay your color will change smile.gif
Jim Hoyland
Jamie Rust (JRust) +4
Drew Montoya +1
Dean (Sawtooth) +1
Mark B (Computers for kids)
Rocky

PDXMike
Greenie +1
Dave Hunt
Sir Andy +1
McMark
Rob Sime(Conedodger)

Jon Bovey + his much better half blink.gif
John (Jakeodoule)

Brett Korven +1
Marc (Kealty360)
Morgan Stein +1
JP Stein (just autoX)
Mikey 914+family
Jim Tab +1
James Saum (JSaum)
Strawman +3 or 4
Randal (just autoX)

Gary Chapman (in for autoX)
Brittain (just autoX)
Jim (jcd914) +1
Tony (TC914-8) +1
Rand
Steve (ZX-niner) +1
Mike Crandall(6freak)
Jim (roadster fan) +2
Brian (Sailor) + Eric
Dan Dixon (Danno55) +1
Ben Matlock +1 (DW914er)

Marty Yeoman
Stephen (Retrotech)
Paula Hall +1(socalstutgart)
Elliot Cannon
Nate +1
Ian +1 (Loser Cruiser)
Mike Knox +1
Mike (B Dog) +1
Ian (IM101)
Ernie Devries (Thin Air) +1
Paul Boyd (TCAlien) +1
Brian Moreau(JZDU) +1
Lew Mengle (Shulew3)
Tom Brown (Running Wolf) +1
James Dupree (jcd914) +!

If I have missed anyone let me know.
Mike Bellis
Awesome! piratenanner.gif I need to reschedule my kids birthday... No problem, I'm there dude!
EdwardBlume
Cool track... anyone up for camping?
KELTY360
That's a good start. Hope to be there. popcorn[1].gif
raw1298
Looks great! Now to get my car on the road. smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 13 2010, 08:39 PM) *

me me me me me me beer.gif jsharp.gif party.gif
zx-niner
Already got it in my Daytimer! Car is running great at the moment, just have to keep it that way for a year . . .
jim_hoyland
Thanks for getting a date on the table, this really helps smile.gif Looking forward to seeing the Northwest again
BigDBass
Nearest airport?

It's on my calendar for my 5th annual "Wish I were there" WCR activity. I wanna have a beer (or 10) with some of you WCMF'ers biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Nearest airport is Medford. About a 45 minute flight from Portland. Rogue Valley Int'l airport is about 8 miles from the track.

Rogue Valley Int'l Airport

McMark
aktion035.gif Now we have a date to premier the Limo!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 14 2010, 07:29 AM) *

aktion035.gif Now we have a date to premier the Limo!

Make your reservation now! Seating for 4 - destination Medford Oregon biggrin.gif
McMark
lol-2.gif
andys
That's the kart track in Medford. They run AX on it?

Crater Lake is very cool. How long a drive is it from Medford? Done that drive before, but it's been 15 years or so since.

Andys
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 14 2010, 10:01 AM) *

Crater Lake is very cool. How long a drive is it from Medford? Done that drive before, but it's been 15 years or so since.

Andys

2 hours from the track to Crater lake National Park.

JRust
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 14 2010, 10:01 AM) *

Andys

They run alot of AutoX on it. It was also repaved a little over a year ago. It's in great shape. driving.gif
Eric_Shea
Thread reminds me of a PM I think I forgot to answer! sad.gif

Jamie, give me a buzz.

E.
J P Stein
Ah figure you'll need a 914 to fight off the local AX big dogs. I'll see what I can arrange....& who knows, maybeee Randal will have his car running by then.biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 14 2010, 05:33 PM) *

Ah figure you'll need a 914 to fight off the local AX big dogs. I'll see what I can arrange....& who knows, maybeee Randal will have his car running by then.biggrin.gif

Well you should come down in the MR2 JP. I know the SCCA pres down there is a MR2 guy. He'd probably enjoy seeing you down. Besides they will most likely be running MR2's the rest of the weekend.

Nice to se plenty of interest even with it being close to a year off! Keep your eye's open for more concrete info on Hotel's & just everything in general being more set. Just make damn sure it's on your calender. 2011 WCR is going to be a blast aktion035.gif
TC 914-8
Good Job nailing down the dates Jamie. I'll put it on my calander, any chance there is a full hook up RV park near the intended location?
strawman
I'm in! Thanks for your hard work Jamie. beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Perfect, I think I can make it. Got a close friend in Ashland I can stay at too.....
dw914er
I need to double check my school dates, but this may very well be my school graduation present to myself. I walk like 2 weeks before smile.gif
JRust
Just a shout out to Vendors! We want prizes piratenanner.gif . Okay seriously this is just a heads up. If you are going over things for the coming year & Budgeting? We'd like to throw our hat in the ring for whatever. So I am sending out some PM's to our vendors. Please forgive me as I can't seem to say 2011 the whole time headbang.gif . So ignore the 2010 I use also. It is for the 2011 West coast ramble
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 13 2010, 08:39 PM) *

Two words. ROOM SERVICE. laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
Rogue Valley airport. Hmmmm.
McMark
Count me in for donating a rebuilt speedo drive.
Mikey914
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2010, 06:08 PM) *

Just a shout out to Vendors! We want prizes piratenanner.gif . Okay seriously this is just a heads up. If you are going over things for the coming year & Budgeting? We'd like to throw our hat in the ring for whatever. So I am sending out some PM's to our vendors. Please forgive me as I can't seem to say 2011 the whole time headbang.gif . So ignore the 2010 I use also. It is for the 2011 West coast ramble

I'm in.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 22 2010, 06:08 PM) *

I'm in too. biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
Here is a lap around the outside loop of the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT5WZY0XFQc
JRust
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 22 2010, 09:01 PM) *

Here is a lap around the outside loop of the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT5WZY0XFQc

Cool Brit! So can we expect to see the shitbox with it's new Suby powerplant there confused24.gif . Also are you up for helping with the setup & running of the AutoX. Along with a few others of course huh.gif
Britain Smith
Not sure if I will make the event, depends on the schedule of other events. Gotta get the car built and sorted as well. It is a possiblity, that track is a lot of fun.

-Britain
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jul 18 2010, 02:41 PM) *

Good Job nailing down the dates Jamie. I'll put it on my calander, any chance there is a full hook up RV park near the intended location?

There is a full hook up less than 3 miles away from the track.

LakeWood RV Park

Directions to Lakewood RV camp from track

I was told that we could camp at the track but there are no hook-ups or anything of that sort.
hot_shoe914
Hmmmm.. idea.gif
ConeDodger
I expect I will be there... Hopefully with Yopu and Nicho...

Jamie when you announce the dates this early you get Elliot excited and he might just show up next week. blink.gif He's retired and he has nothing else to do I think...
rick 918-S
I was just thinking this morning....hmmm what happened to the WCR 2011? idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
jcambo7
You know I might be able to make this one. I am moving to Washington now because I just got orders to McChord AFB. I will moving up there in February. With Jon's help and some other people I should have my car running again that month too. biggrin.gif
jzdu
Great!!
I live 5 minutes from the kart track. I better get busy on my car. It's currently in about a thousand pieces.

jeeperjohn56
Hey Jamie, I'll be there +1 or 2, Have you picked the Hotel yet? When can we sign up? John driving.gif
ThinAir
Linda & I are hoping to make this. We love vacationing in Oregon. The only problem is that it's too long between WCR and the big Sisters outdoor quilt show. I'm sure we can't just hang around Oregon for that long (something about earning a living I think). The schedule sounds great and I'm really looking forward to it!
bmtrnavsky
Krisy and I will be there given that we can get child care for 5 days... Shouldn't be a problem though! Any puget sound area people want to caravan?
Coy
That's so close to home... I'll be there one way or the other! driving.gif
JRust
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 24 2010, 05:26 PM) *

Krisy and I will be there given that we can get child care for 5 days... Shouldn't be a problem though! Any puget sound area people want to caravan?

I think for most it will be the normal 3-4 day event. I figure most that aren't into the autoX won't show till thursday night or friday. Of course kids are welcome if you can fit them blink.gif
'73-914kid
I may have to trailer the 914 up for this one.. I have good friends in Medford.. May be a good excuse to come and visit them
jcambo7
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 24 2010, 07:26 PM) *

I will caravan if I am going!
Mike Bellis
I'm coming but can't decide on camping (5th wheel) or hotel. I'm thinking trailer either way. Jamie, I can bring your parts if you want to wait 8 months... beer.gif
JRust
Mike I sure hope I've been down your way to get them by then wacko.gif . Hopefully somehting will bring me down there soon. I appreciatte the offer though biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 23 2010, 08:59 AM) *

I was just thinking this morning....hmmm what happened to the WCR 2011? idea.gif popcorn[1].gif

We had a great time. Sorry you couldn't be there. Maybe next year. lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 23 2010, 07:18 AM) *

I expect I will be there... Hopefully with Yopu and Nicho...

Jamie when you announce the dates this early you get Elliot excited and he might just show up next week. blink.gif He's retired and he has nothing else to do I think...

I've got lots to do. I just can't always remember when I'm supposed to do it. lol-2.gif
montoya 73 2.0
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.