Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 resto warning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
rhodyguy
the 5 lug assems seem to be missing. what's the story?

k
DNHunt
Cool Mike

It's got to do your heart good to have Ferg oogling your paint. That must be one fine looking job.

Looking back through this thread, there sure are a lot of people who've come and gone. It's kind of sad but, a fine looking red car makes up for it. Get her done

Dave
Gint
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 22 2007, 06:59 AM) *

You can't very well refinish the suspension with it bolted to the tub now can ya...

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Oct 22 2007, 07:18 AM) *
Looking back through this thread, there sure are a lot of people who've come and gone. It's kind of sad but, a fine looking red car makes up for it.

I had similar thoughts. I considered starting a new thread. But history is what it is...
BMartin914
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Oct 22 2007, 07:18 AM) *
a fine looking red car makes up for it.

It's actually Tangerine. shades.gif
majkos
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 22 2007, 05:59 AM) *

k

Ginter LOVES THOSE WHEELS! wub.gif

btw why are't you oogling at the paint? WTF.gif

Can't wait to see it in the flesh, looks purty in the pics.
Gint
With shipping and 20% off on an order over $400 at Performance Products, I just spent new_shocked.gif $910.03 on...

RUBBER!

bananabang.gif

And I already have inner door seals, targa seal, engine seals, and a front rear trunk seal.
Gint
I got confirmation this morning that all of the seals I ordered were in stock and have shipped.

Some folks might find this list with pricing interesting. I know I did. Also recording for posterity. wink.gif

part no. item description price qty total
905442 Door Window Scraper Driver Side $7.95 1 $6.36
905443 Door Window Scraper Passenger Side $7.95 1 $6.36
912234 Inner Fuzzy Window Slot Inner Fuzzy Window Slot (On Side) $13.95 2 $22.32
912235 Outer Fuzzy Window Outer Fuzzy Window Slot (Screws On) $52.95 2 $84.72
902398 Clutch & Brake Pedal Pads Clutch/Brake Pad (2 Required) $4.95 2 $7.92
905438 Outer Door Seal (On Door) Driver Side $104.95 1 $83.96
905439 Outer Door Seal (On Door) Passenger Side $104.95 1 $83.96
905433 Rear Window To Engine Seal $46.95 1 $37.56
905432 Rear Trunk Seal (Rear Portion) $76.95 1 $61.56
905457 Eyebrow Rubber Grommets $2.95 6 $14.16
905429 Front Hood Seal $149.95 1 $119.96
905430 Front Bulkhead Seal $75.95 1 $60.76
905447 Windshield Lower Seal $97.95 1 $78.36
905434 Rollbar Side Seal Driver Side $74.95 1 $59.96
905435 Rollbar Side Seal Spend $400 get 20% off Passenger Side $74.95 1 $59.96
902409 Hood Stop Spend $400 get 20% off $1.95 4 $6.24
905452 Hardtop Front Inner Seal Spend $400 get 20% off $9 4.95 1 $75.96

Sub Total $870.08
Tax $0.00
Shipping $39.95
Total $910.03
Gint
Thanks to Kevin and Danny the front and rear suspension is ready for bead blasting and powder coating. We managed to strip the front and rear control arms of bearings and bushings in 90 minutes yesterday at Kevin's I'll post some pics later after today's 914 mountain run.
Gint
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 22 2007, 06:59 AM) *

k

Here it is...

Gonna take a while to get this junk cleaned up.
Gint
Went for a drive with friends Sunday.

Link to the Colorado Sunday Drive thread.
Gint
The new seals came in yesterday. All in great condition and received promptly and professionally. Installed the rear trunk seal yesterday. Looks good...
majkos
popcorn[1].gif

What NO PICTURES!?

WTF.gif
Joe Pita
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 14 2003, 11:51 AM) *

Updated: 10/21/2007 Click on the last page link. OR Click on the last page link. - HERE

The 914/6 "rust"oration process has officially begun. I sure hope I can get out for less than $10k. Plan on some stupid CW type questions in the near future. I love pics BTW. I have some nice /4 parts to sell off to help offset the cost of this project.

Motor/tranny have been removed (many thanks to Brant, Scott, Mike and Jon for the assistance). The interior will be gutted this week. I need to remove little stuff like the fuel pump, lines, drain the tank, you get the idea. Then I get to start cutting up the parts car and stripping paint off panels to avoid spending $45/hour for body shop labor.

As Rich says, "onward..."

2.0/6 motor width thread

Hi Mike ,
i just picked up a 914-6 roller and will be fun to put together.
this is my fouth 914-6 from ground up so is you need any help .
email me .

good luck

Joe.
Gint
Pretty nice weather today so I took the afternoon off. I could use a break.

I believe this is one of the oldest restoration threads on 914world. Might be time to resuscitate it. Lots of memories in this thread. Good times... Has it really been 8 years since I took this thing apart? If I ever get the new garage organized I will finally have some room to start on this project. Something other than collecting parts that is.

Click to view attachment
brant
last weekend I was thinking about your car
I think we bought tangerine's on the same weekend back when...
definitely time to see this thread again!

brant
Ferg
Aaagh, my eyes! There is dust on it! poke.gif

Ferg FERG.gif
Gint
Come over and clean it Ferg! It has a couple of chips too... sad.gif
Eric_Shea
I dare you to bolt something on it... tonight.
majkos
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 9 2011, 05:51 PM) *

at least get sumthin' done before you visit,heh Cuz? biggrin.gif

Double Dare!
Gint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 9 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Yeah, that won't work. smile.gif Shar and I went across town for dinner tonight. Picked up some used CD's from Twist & Shout while I was down there.

I did fix the tach on the zambeziteen though. Now I can drive it the rest of the week when it's 60 out and have some idea how fast I'm going (speedo cable is shot).

Eric_Shea
...was worth a try. smile.gif
Series9
I was wondering what ever happened to this build, so I went looking.

I've got to say WTF.gif Gint.

Send it to me. You can drive it home in six months. sunglasses.gif
Gint
Appreciate that Joe, but the I won't be sending a car off to either coast again any time soon.

Keeping your project in a 18x20 box loaded with every other piece of junk you own while raising three kids can really put a damper on your 914 project progress. Those in a similar situation will no doubt understand. I have room now, but doesn't it figure that now I have a 50+ hour a week job. But without a doubt, it'll get some action this summer for sure.
Series9
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 5 2011, 10:02 AM) *

Appreciate that Joe, but the I won't be sending a car off to either coast again any time soon.

Keeping your project in a 18x20 box loaded with every other piece of junk you own while raising three kids can really put a damper on your 914 project progress. Those in a similar situation will no doubt understand. I have room now, but doesn't it figure that now I have a 50+ hour a week job. But without a doubt, it'll get some action this summer for sure.

That's fine. I understand.......but.....

It's been SIX YEARS since it came home from paint.

Porsche built every 914 ever made in the same time frame. poke.gif

Gint
They had more room, more time, more resources, and more money. bye1.gif
Scott S
That's fine. I understand.......but.....

It's been SIX YEARS since it came home from paint.

Porsche built every 914 ever made in the same time frame. poke.gif

Cr@p - you just made me feel reaaaalllly old Joe! I remember clearly when that car came home in the ark! Has it really been that long? Ugh. dry.gif biggrin.gif

Looking forward to seeing the new digs this week Gint
beerchug.gif
porsche_dreamer
I hate to do it but im bringing back an old thread. I love reading through this build. Any progress?
Gint
I'm still collecting parts. We need a part hoarder smiley.
Cairo94507
I can totally relate to collecting parts. Just bought a very clean, complete stock rear sway bar this morning with all the hardware. piratenanner.gif
Eric_Shea
Pretty please? Just 30 minutes a week?
Socalandy
Holy crap, how did I miss this thread

Bad ass!!! drooley.gif aktion035.gif

Bleyseng
Make some time for it! Send the kids off to Grandma's for a month along with the wife and work on the car with friends, drink lots of beer, BBQ some ribs and make some progress. beer3.gif
Gint
I appreciate the thought. As soon as you start doing my work Geoff I'll start on that program. I was at the office from 7 am to 9 pm yesterday (Saturday).
shoguneagle
Was this thread started somewhere back eons ago?? Stone Age?? LOL

I do remember this car and the thread including the great adventure driving through a snow storm. Snow storm, hell, it was a down right blizzard!!!!

I totally enjoyed every event Mike has gone through concerning this car and I just know someday in the future it will be completed. It caused me to start a replica 914-Sixer project which is now on the road, not completed, but running and licensed. I do know how everything seems to take precident over car projects.

Congratulatons on the project thus far and please post to it whenever so we can be informed.

Great Job thus far!

Steve Hurt
mr914
I forgot about this thread. confused24.gif

Been too long since an update...

Raises a couple of questions... headbang.gif

Is the welding In of late style seat belt recesses safe? Hate to find out when really necessary and found out that I sheeplove.gif

Confession. shades.gif I've got a project that is way less bad, and I'm nowhere near as complete as this one, after 4 years of procrastination, I'm a year away from the body shop...

Good summer of sawzall-smiley.gif beer3.gif welder.gif beer3.gif headbang.gif beer3.gif smash.gif and welder.gif what? No grind smilies?

Feel like I'm flogging a dead horse.gif thought I was going to be ready in 2006...

keep up the progress! beer.gif
Gint
Suspension will be done soon.
JoeSharp
I was affraid to ask and now that you are I'll just have to say it.
Holly Shit Mike is working on 2 cars. biggrin.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 22 2012, 03:40 PM) *

I was affraid to ask and now that you are I'll just have to say it.
Holly Shit Mike is working on 2 cars. biggrin.gif

av-943.gif Touche' lol-2.gif
rick 918-S
Resurrected from the depths of the build threads. Just read the whole thing! nice project Mike. aktion035.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 9 2013, 12:29 PM) *

Resurrected from the depths of the build threads. Just read the whole thing! nice project Mike. aktion035.gif

Only a few days shy of it's 10 year anniversary! biggrin.gif That has to be close to a record for a documented build thread. I think 2013 should be the year Mike. biggrin.gif
turdo
what would you say the technical term is for the "dipping and priming".. where did you have it done?

id like to see if theres someone who can do that in my area. (kansas)
rsrguy3
OMG WTF!
mepstein
Going up in value every year. Nice!
sixnotfour
he bought a 911
CptTripps
I loved this thread in 2005...and I still love it now. Wish the car was done though...
rick 918-S
Just re-read this. Nice car there Mr. Summer build party? idea.gif
CptTripps
I was thinking about that the other day. If you had a clean tub, and absolutely every part needed, how long do you think it'd take 5-6 914 guys to get the car on the road? Could it be done in a weekend? Day? Afternoon?

That's be a blast though.
mepstein
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Feb 28 2014, 11:14 AM) *

I was thinking about that the other day. If you had a clean tub, and absolutely every part needed, how long do you think it'd take 5-6 914 guys to get the car on the road? Could it be done in a weekend? Day? Afternoon?

That's be a blast though.

It's been done - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=tribute
TJB/914
Hi Mike,
I was wondering about your 914-6 project. We all wish we had a 914-6 in our garage. Don't rush the project.popcorn[1].gif
Tom
Eric_Shea
Just bring it back... we'll finish it for ya!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.