Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Dr Evil
It is getting hard to keep pretending that I like Dave while I wait for his money smile.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 6 2013, 04:24 PM) *

It is getting hard to keep pretending that I like Dave while I wait for his money smile.gif

I know he's been busy with country club stuff.

dry.gif
Mark Henry
Paid for my X gear.
Dr Evil
spsader is paid - tuition, seal kit, and O, X, H sets
Mark Henry
icon_bump.gif
Mark Henry
Official student list as of today's* date:

Peteyd (Pete),paid, special tool + 2 seal kits plus 911 friend?
Jon H (Jon)
Cool914 (Greg)
MrHyde (Mike)paid
MDG (Mike) paid + 2 seal kits
Balljoint (Dave) paid + seal kit
boiledcabbage (Richard) paid
Ian Stott paid + seal kit
Olin paid + seal kit
want to be a GT1
spsader (Paul) paid, seal kit, O X H gears
Mark Henry, host, paid X gear

*check page one for most current updates.
Let me know if any info is wrong.

If you have not paid no problem, but please PM Mike a update and ETA on payment.
Please do not leave seal kit or gear orders to the last minute.
Dr Evil
Ok, I have done a lot of parts sales as of late and this has put a hit on the hard to find stuff. Namely, 1st sliders. I have 4 good used 1/R sliders left. It is generally recommended to replace these and New ones are about $500. If you are strapped for cash and want a low cost alternative, I can sell you one of mine until they are gone.
As there are a lot of you, I will be doing this lottery style. PM me if you need one and on Fri/Sat I will make a list and throw a dart at it or some other random pick technique.

If I get more good ones, I will start making my way down the list. If you want a new one wholesale, I can take orders and try to negotiate a better price for a bulk deal.

Dr Evil
I can get discounts on new 1st sliders, but I need people to commit to buying soon. Please let me know!
Dr Evil
OMG! Balljoint is paid up + one seal kit!
Mark Henry
I heard he also just bought a pair of those shoes offered here yesterday as well....must be working well for business. smile.gif

List updated
Ian Stott
Do you bring throw out bearings?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Dr Evil
I can. New or used??
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 14 2013, 08:50 PM) *

Ok, I have done a lot of parts sales as of late and this has put a hit on the hard to find stuff. Namely, 1st sliders. I have 4 good used 1/R sliders left. It is generally recommended to replace these and New ones are about $500. If you are strapped for cash and want a low cost alternative, I can sell you one of mine until they are gone.
As there are a lot of you, I will be doing this lottery style. PM me if you need one and on Fri/Sat I will make a list and throw a dart at it or some other random pick technique.

If I get more good ones, I will start making my way down the list. If you want a new one wholesale, I can take orders and try to negotiate a better price for a bulk deal.

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 18 2013, 08:10 PM) *

I can get discounts on new 1st sliders, but I need people to commit to buying soon. Please let me know!

Pay attention to this guys!

Last clinic Mike914 didn't have a good first gear slider and I had to finish his transmission later after I got a 1st gear slider. If your tranny grinds into 1st you definitely need one of these and should order one ASAP from the Doctor. If you plan to rebuild more than one tranny get at least one new (good used) slider on your list just to be safe.

Just an FYI.... I will charge a fee if I have to finish other peoples tranny's after the show because you cheeped out and didn't get one.
MDG
I PM'd Michael on the sliders.
balljoint
A slider is a really small hamburger, yes?
MrHyde
I pm'd on a slider too. Just in case.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(balljoint @ Mar 19 2013, 07:45 PM) *

A slider is a really small hamburger, yes?

No it's my underpants after eating many of those really small hamburgers and drinking massive quantities. dry.gif
Dr Evil
MrHyde has one used

MDG getting a new one smile.gif
Mark Henry
Page 3 is way too far back!
icon_bump.gif
Dr Evil
There sure are a lot of people that are missing from the roster confused24.gif

I am in no matter what, and it is going to be a great time smile.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 26 2013, 11:29 AM) *

WTF.gif

Mark - I thought you said no Evil this time?
balljoint
QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 26 2013, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 26 2013, 11:29 AM) *

WTF.gif

Mark - I thought you said no Evil this time?

agree.gif The last four events have been Evil-Free! ANd they were awesome! WTF.gif
MDG
Dave? Why does Evil just 'show up' like this? Sheesh - can the man NOT take a hint?
balljoint
He is pretty smart so you'd figure he would. But then you realize that you can download most of your medical school assignments off the Internet. And then you look at how many computers the young lad has chewed up. Very telling. And a lot less reassuring when he insists on checking for hernias before anyone lifts a transmission. I mean, how far into your ear is his finger going to go?!?
Mark Henry
Guys.... guys!

Like come on...

Evil puts the tranny in clinic.

slap.gif
Ian Stott
Re. throw out bearings, I don't know if I need one, I don't know if I need a slider either, was wondering if I did need that will you have them with you?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 26 2013, 06:50 PM) *

Guys.... guys!

Like come on...

Evil puts the tranny in clinic.

slap.gif

Or was that tranny puts Evil in clinic ...??? confused24.gif

No... wait....The clinic puts the tranny in Evil!!!! That's it! smash.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Mar 26 2013, 07:00 PM) *

Re. throw out bearings, I don't know if I need one, I don't know if I need a slider either, was wondering if I did need that will you have them with you?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Maybe not. I have almost all of my used 1/R sliders sold. When they are gone, you are left with the $$$ new ones. I can get you a small discount on them, but they still cost.
MrHyde
Question for you guys. With the 2316 that I'm building. Will the stock gears work ok or should I be looking at changing some ??? Going to be mostly street driven sooo 3-4 th gear mostly
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MrHyde @ Mar 27 2013, 12:23 AM) *

Question for you guys. With the 2316 that I'm building. Will the stock gears work ok or should I be looking at changing some ??? Going to be mostly street driven sooo 3-4 th gear mostly

Still a type 4 and for the street so leave it alone.
My street 2.6L type 4 bug will be running stock 914 gearing.
Dinobx
Hey Mike,
Are there still any spots available for this clinic? I have two trannies I'd like to bring.
Thanks.
Dino
Dr Evil
Dino, I just replied to your email. I hope you can make it.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dinobx @ Mar 30 2013, 08:53 AM) *

Hey Mike,
Are there still any spots available for this clinic? I have two trannies I'd like to bring.
Thanks.
Dino

You're on the list Dino, you just have to pay the doctor aktion035.gif

BTW the up-to-date list is on page one of this thread, bottom of the first post.
Dr Evil
I have two new 1/R sliders that I bought for the clinic. Discount pricing, get them while you can!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 1 2013, 11:03 AM) *

I have two new 1/R sliders that I bought for the clinic. Discount pricing, get them while you can!

Just a reminder for the Canada clinic peeps, If you have a crunchy 1st gear you almost for sure need the above 1st gear slider. If in doubt I'd at least get a good used slider.
This part will be in short supply at the clinic and it is an easy sell if you don't end up needing it.
Mark Henry
Weekend bump-a-roo icon_bump.gif
Mark Henry
To the top! icon_bump.gif
Mark Henry
Hershey bump sheeplove.gif
Dr Evil
Alrighty my igloo dwelling friends. I am back to pimp my skillz out. I wanna see some more people going! Even if just to spectate. It is a fun time for all.
balljoint
I think that I will be converting my old tail shift tranny to a side shift.
Dr Evil
I hope you have parts. I am short on tail cones.
MDG
Cool, Dave. I'll show you how to do that.
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 22 2013, 09:11 PM) *

Don't sweat it, David. I'm sure we can fab something up out of empty cans.
balljoint
QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 22 2013, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 22 2013, 09:11 PM) *

Don't sweat it, David. I'm sure we can fab something up out of empty cans.

unsure.gif

There's gonna be parts of trannies all over the place. Pretty sure I will be able to just pick one up off a bench.
BajaXJ92
Still in! biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
Hey Doc I'm pretty sure a couple of spectators will be coming, I just haven't added them into the official list. I've been telling them spectators are free, but don't forget to bring your beer, beans and back bacon.

Hell... I'd even let Adam join in. smile.gif
balljoint
The spectators can come but they have to bring me a side shift tail cone.
Dr Evil
I may have a free one, but it has had the ears welded back on and looks ugly. Should work for you, though.
balljoint
Thank you Doc. You are a scholar amongst men. Beggars can't be......something.
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 23 2013, 08:14 AM) *

Hell... I'd even let Adam join in. smile.gif

huh.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.