Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Mark Henry
OK...OK.... just a BBQ, I have a coleman and a propane camp stove, our tent trailer also has a stove.
I have a 12 cup coffee maker and will keep the java flowing.
I don't have a beer fridge so you'll need a cooler if you want cold beer.

If any of the Canadian peeps can fit a card table that also would be great. Most of mine will be used for work benches.
Also big sheets of scrap plastic to cover benches if you have it.
Don't go out of your way for any of this stuff, I'm sure we will have lots.

I'm trying to finish a few jobs and clean out the shop this week.

One week and counting smile.gif
Jon H.
I've got lots of plastic I'll bring.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Jun 8 2013, 04:35 PM) *

I've got lots of plastic I'll bring.

We only need enough to cover a half dozen or so benches, my every day benches are used to the grease smile.gif
Dr Evil
Going through inventory to make sure all have what they ordered. According to my spread sheet the following are outstanding:
John H - seal kit
Want to be GT1 - Seal kit

I have two seal kits left that are currently unclaimed, if you guys want them, $$$. smile.gif PM if so.
spsader
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 8 2013, 09:21 PM) *

Going through inventory to make sure all have what they ordered. According to my spread sheet the following are outstanding:
John H - seal kit

I have two seal kits left that are currently unclaimed, if you guys want them, $$$. smile.gif PM if so.

sent payment for a second seal kit (and the DVD)
Paul
Dr Evil
QUOTE(spsader @ Jun 9 2013, 08:57 AM) *

John H - seal kit

Paul

That is why your name is not on this list wink.gif
spsader
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2013, 08:51 AM) *

John H - seal kit

Paul

I had noticed that I was down for only one seal kit on the update list and wanted to make sure that I had the second reserved.... and was hoping to avoid $$$$$ smile.gif
spsader
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2013, 08:51 AM) *

John H - seal kit

Paul

I had noticed that I was down for only one seal kit on the update list and wanted to make sure that I had the second reserved.... and was hoping to avoid $$$$$ smile.gif
Dr Evil
Yup, I put your name on the kits last night and plopped them in the box to go.
spsader
Sorry about the double post... I guess "newbie" is well deserved.
Ian Stott
People who have paid for their lobster,
Walter Olin
Paul Spader
Richard Aucoin

I am looking after the good Dr. as a way of saying thanks for coming and welcome to Canada. Mike if you are bring a guest/helper let me know if they will be wanting a lobster, I can't feed you and not your sidekick, thats just rude!
Space is limited due to cooler size but so far I am OK. Looking forward to this.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mark Henry
Cleaning the shop today. smile.gif

Long range forecast is it's suppose to be a nice weekend, bit on the cool side (mid 60's), but that's better than rain. piratenanner.gif
Mark Henry
Are anyone in for darts? I have a board set up in my shop.
Bring a set of darts (if you have them) if you think you'll be in for a match.

Also anyone into fishing we have a nice creek a 5 minute walk away.

bye1.gif
boiledcabbage
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 7 2013, 05:17 AM) *

We need a BBQ for the weekend. I don't have one because we have an indoor unit, and the wife said we can't use it.
I'll have a propane cook stove going, I only have a small charcoal BBQ.

What is the plan food wise? I know some have contacted Ian Stott for lobster, but what about other meals?
I can get a big bag of pancake mix from Costco idea.gif what else?

Also we only have half dozen chairs so we need someone bring a few extra folding camp chairs if you have them.

Pancakes eh? Mark i can bring some quebec maple syrup -a bit smokey but...
Also will bring chairs, self (sat morning), lots of beer, my outback to sleep in, perhaps a few ceegars...

Just pulled my tranny -what an oily mess in the housing - how the clutch works at all is a mystery - it is slipping n 4th...will bring the plate and disc for show and tell..
walterolin
Smokey maple syrup - good, lobster - good, fishing in small creek - really good, I'll bring an open face and some spinners.

Want me to pick up a large quantity of shredded dead pig to go with the Costco cakes Sunday morning?

I have a small work table, I'll throw it in the back of the truck.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(walterolin @ Jun 9 2013, 03:19 PM) *

Smokey maple syrup - good, lobster - good, fishing in small creek - really good, I'll bring an open face and some spinners.

Want me to pick up a large quantity of shredded dead pig to go with the Costco cakes Sunday morning?

I have a small work table, I'll throw it in the back of the truck.

As long as it's the bacon kind biggrin.gif
I'll also have fresh eggs for one morning. chowtime.gif

I'll find out if you need a permit for fishing.

balljoint
Yes, he needs a permit. There is a 24 hour or some such permit for non-residents.
balljoint
What is in the creek? Specks?
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 9 2013, 05:00 PM) *

And the funny thing is, Mark doesn't even own a chicken.

mellow.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Jun 9 2013, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 9 2013, 05:00 PM) *

And the funny thing is, Mark doesn't even own a chicken.

mellow.gif

A chicken? I have over 100 of the frick'in things....a few ducks as well rolleyes.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 9 2013, 05:47 PM) *

What is in the creek? Specks?

Trout and salmon, part of the Ganarasaka river.
Permits and outdoor card might make it more trouble than it's worth. sad.gif

IPB Image
Jon H.
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 8 2013, 07:21 PM) *

John H - seal kit

Pm sent

Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Jun 9 2013, 07:03 PM) *

John H - seal kit

Pm sent

Back at ya shades.gif
Jon H.
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 9 2013, 03:23 PM) *

John H - seal kit

Pm sent

Back at ya shades.gif

Ha! I sent you and the good doctor pm! Still waiting on his reply though confused24.gif doesn't everybody just sit in front of the computer waiting for PM's from this site?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Jun 9 2013, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 9 2013, 03:23 PM) *

John H - seal kit

Pm sent

Back at ya shades.gif

Ha! I sent you and the good doctor pm! Still waiting on his reply though confused24.gif doesn't everybody just sit in front of the computer waiting for PM's from this site?

Nope....you caught me by luck, In fact I was eating my supper when I saw your PM. I've been working all day since 6AM, it's11:45 PM now so I think I'll call it a day. bye1.gif
Mark Henry
this weekend piratenanner.gif
MrHyde
Spent the last week getting everything in order for the camper trailer we bought and getting it set up on the park site this weekend... I'm on afternoons this week so I'll have some time to get my trans a bit more cleaned up before the weekend. I'll be driving up early Saturday mornin..

I know Mark has some chickens up there.. He showed me one of them that was seperated from the others... Its name was Dinner or something like that... lol

Are we going to be chaing out any of the hardware on the transmissions or re-using everything ???? Do I need to pick up anything else besides the brake cleaner ? I already had my gasket kit.
5 more sleeps.. smile.gif
balljoint
Any recommendations on rubber gloves?

I have a pair of these at home.

IPB Image
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 10 2013, 09:57 AM) *

Any recommendations on rubber gloves?

I have a pair of these at home.

IPB Image

Are those for choking Mark's chicken(s)?
Cool914
Not that I don't have the time or attention span to read through 22 pages, but:

1. What do I need to bring besides my 2 transmission? as in tools etc?
2. Is there tablesspace or are we expected to bring one?
3. Does it matter how clean your transmission is? If it is drained and cleaned on the outside, is that sufficient or I am expected to open it and clean the inside of the case before getting there?
4. Anything else I should bring besides my food and drink and sleep gear?

Greg
walterolin
From what I have seen:

Drained and cleaned is/are sufficient

Bring two cans of brake cleaner.

Bourbon

Lots of clean rags.

Table space will be available.

No shower/plumbing to speak of.

Food for self, although some will be provided. Sunday breakfast for example.

Beaucoup space for camping.

Bourbon.

Stringed instrument - no banjos, accordians or bag pipes

Bourbon.

Send $20.00 to Ian Stott for lobster.

Thick skin, I suspect there may be an insult hurling contest.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Jun 10 2013, 05:15 PM) *

3. Does it matter how clean your transmission is? If it is drained and cleaned on the outside, is that sufficient or I am expected to open it and clean the inside of the case before getting there?

Greg

Just some basic tools, 13mm, scraper, some knife blades, latex glove, one can of brake cleaner per trans, rags and old clothes.

If you have an extra table and it's easy to bring sure, but I will have a bunch of tables set up.

Clean the case as best you can but it doesn't have to be spotless. If you can dump the oil that will save me a trip to get rid of it.

DrEvil would rather that you didn't open the case.

Bring anything that you think you have to run to the store for, the general store is 10 minutes drive away and town is a <40 minute round trip.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(walterolin @ Jun 10 2013, 05:35 PM) *

From what I have seen:

No shower/plumbing to speak of.

You can use the bathroom for #2
For #1 find a bush.
Cool914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 10 2013, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Cool914 @ Jun 10 2013, 05:15 PM) *

Greg

Just some basic tools, 13mm, scraper, some knife blades, latex glove, one can of brake cleaner per trans, rags and old clothes.

If you have an extra table and it's easy to bring sure, but I will have a bunch of tables set up.

Clean the case as best you can but it doesn't have to be spotless. If you can dump the oil that will save me a trip to get rid of it.

DrEvil would rather that you didn't open the case.

Bring anything that you think you have to run to the store for, the general store is 10 minutes drive away and town is a <40 minute round trip.

Great, thanks. Looking forward to it.
balljoint
No one is to insult Michael (MDG), he has a thin skin and cries at the drop of a hat.

Same rules apply for Mark, but because he will crush you.

I am fair game.

biggrin.gif

But then, so are you.
balljoint
Mark, can I park my truck at the campground?
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 10 2013, 06:39 PM) *

No one is to insult Michael (MDG), he has a thin skin and cries at the drop of a hat.

You lousy bastard, Dave. sad.gif That was uncalled for. sad2.gif

hissyfit.gif

bastard.
bulitt
Watch the video if you got it.
When you are taking the tranny apart make sure you count the number of gaskets.
This correctly sets the pinion whatchamacallit.

Dont lose the little pin in the back-up/switch hole.

Supervison may be, err, lacking (see advice on bringing bourbon above). dry.gif

Dr Evil
So far, the bus is doing well (see bus thread). Looking like all systems are GO!
balljoint
Mark,

Is Saturday night still going to be a toga night?
Dr Evil
Dang, the bus is working pretty well. I hauled two huge loads today, one was all of my tool boxes and other heavy shit. smile.gif

I look forward to a vacation this weekend, and yelling at you all, and being drunk.
Mark Henry
IPB Image
wobbletop
Guess I'm the only one bringing a 914 again?

Maybe I'll bring my to-do list and work on the car.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Jun 12 2013, 11:27 AM) *

Guess I'm the only one bringing a 914 again?

Maybe I'll bring my to-do list and work on the car.

Well.... My 914 isn't running yet but it will be there. You can Oooo and Ahhh over the /6 parts drooley.gif ....but I wouldn't look at the bills huh.gif unsure.gif blink.gif wacko.gif
Mark Henry
Does anyone have any 911 or 915 ('70- mid '75) 10mm CV bolts and a roll pin?
I only need 2 bolts, 2 schnorr washers, one pin and the 2 bolt washer bit (all 10mm, 914 stuff doesn't work).... pray.gif
wobbletop
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 12 2013, 11:45 AM) *

Well.... My 914 isn't running yet but it will be there. You can Oooo and Ahhh over the /6 parts drooley.gif ....but I wouldn't look at the bills huh.gif unsure.gif blink.gif wacko.gif

Mine's a /6 confused24.gif
balljoint
idea.gif

I just need to fit my spare transmission. I guess it would have to be in the front seat.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Jun 12 2013, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 12 2013, 11:45 AM) *

Mine's a /6 confused24.gif

shades.gif
MrHyde
Day one of cleaning the transmission.. holly crap theres a lot of ..... well... crap on it..
wobbletop
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 12 2013, 02:47 PM) *

shades.gif

unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.