Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ May 17 2013, 10:36 PM) *

mellow.gif

Isn't MDG giving a try at two tranny's??...double the fun.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 17 2013, 11:20 PM) *

mellow.gif

This will be epic to watch as he scrapes knowledge off of the others and I either berate or ignore him (damn prick).
Mark Henry
For those of you camping some pics of our personal park smile.gif
Mark Henry
The slave labours, my boy is 2nd from left.
Mark Henry
Only a couple minute walk from the shop smash.gif
MDG

mellow.gif

I think I'll just do the one for the 3.2 at Mark's. I'll do the one for the 2.0 at home. I figure once you've done one . . . meh, how hard can it be.

mellow.gif
Mark Henry
Anyone who wants to stay a few extra days after the clinic is welcome. Local to us is fishing, lakes, about 500 miles of dirt bike trails and Victoria beach in Cobourg.

It is rough primitive camping, fire pit, running water at the shop and use of the bathroom is for #2 only.... for #1 pick a bush.
There will be a pot at the campsite if needed, but clean it yourself. icon8.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ May 18 2013, 09:23 AM) *

mellow.gif

I think I'll just do the one for the 3.2 at Mark's. I'll do the one for the 2.0 at home. I figure once you've done one . . . meh, how hard can it be.

mellow.gif

You need the tools, bring them both.

Dang...I have to start thinking aboot extra workbenches... idea.gif
Mark Henry
dp
Mark Henry
So Mike (MDG) will you finally be bringing me the parts for your engine? rolleyes.gif

shades.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 18 2013, 09:32 AM) *

So Mike (MDG) will you finally be bringing me the parts for your engine? rolleyes.gif

shades.gif

ohmy.gif

You haven't finished that yet??
MrHyde
Mark.. you do know that your son looks just like you in that pic right ??? he may steal your ID in a few years.. lol
Jon H.
What time is thing kicking off? I'll be able to bring all the rags we'll need if required?

Jon
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jon H. @ May 18 2013, 12:46 PM) *

What time is thing kicking off? I'll be able to bring all the rags we'll need if required?

Jon

Lots of rags are good, and everyone should bring a can of break cleaner, a bottle of LA Awesome cleaner ($1.50 at Dollar Tree stores), a box of beer for the host, a box of beer for yourself and your favourite snacks.

For those that are beerchug.gif any time Friday is good. clinic is Saturday and Sunday and the Evil one is used to driving home with a hangover. biggrin.gif
Jon H.
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 18 2013, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Jon H. @ May 18 2013, 12:46 PM) *

Jon

Lots of rags are good, and everyone should bring a can of break cleaner, a bottle of LA Awesome cleaner ($1.50 at Dollar Tree stores), a box of beer for the host, a box of beer for yourself and your favourite snacks.

For those that are beerchug.gif any time Friday is good. clinic is Saturday and Sunday and the Evil one is used to driving home with a hangover. biggrin.gif

OK I'll bring a few hundred rags, and I'll see you Friday beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
I'm just kidding about the box of beer for the host shades.gif

Wait a minute....Evil is probably drinking my booze,,,, unsure.gif
walterolin
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 18 2013, 09:41 PM) *

I'm just kidding about the box of beer for the host shades.gif

Wait a minute....Evil is probably drinking my booze,,,, unsure.gif

I don't know, seems like a reasonable fee to me. Can I get a couple of six packs (thats what we call them down here in the Bluegrass) through customs?
Dr Evil
I try to kick off at 9am ish both days. Sun depends on how hungover I am, though. biggrin.gif Participants will be my priority, as it should be. If there is much work left on Sun, I will be sober enough to help.
balljoint
"Sober enough"

From a glass half empty / glass half full perspective this should prove interesting.

I am bringing some paint for MDG's case.

It will be pink. To match his new brakes.
Mark Henry
The boys and I did the first camp out last night, and got the fire pit sorted, the area is officially open.
MrHyde
I wont be there until Saturday morning as I'm working friday night but I should be there early. :-)
Canuckster
[quote name='Mark Henry' date='Jan 27 2013, 08:57 AM' post='1810255']
Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
June 15-16, 2013

Tuition is $300 USD if sent via paypal then to (make my 914 go) without the spaces at yahoo.com. Make sure to put your screen name in the message so Dr. Evil knows who you are.
Gasket set $40 USD delivered, clinic only price.

I will be again hosting the event, my place is less than 1 hour east of Toronto, Ontario.
If you missed this last time, mark it on your calenders now and don't cry to me that it's too short of notice. smile.gif

If you want your 914, 901, 902 or early 911 code (still a 901) transmission rebuilt to like new condition for cheap this is the event for you. This is a DIY clinic where the good doctor teaches and oversees your work to make sure you do it correctly. I don't think his price has changed, so look at past clinics (I'll post this soon here), IIRC a gasket set was $50 $40 USD delivered and he has low cost SS hardware with him or you can reuse your old stuff.
If you have 2 core transmissions you can often make one good one, but the Doc has a selection good used parts with him at excellent prices. Also members swap/sell parts to each other. Everyone goes home with a fully rebuilt tranny.

For those that stay overnight there is the partaking of vast quantities of your favourite beverage and all the Docs BS is quite entertaining laugh.gif Since it's June we will might have a campfire, etc.
There is lots of room to pitch a tent, tent trailer or even a full blown RV.
Only one space in the house and that's reserved for Dr.Evil
I have a tent trailer I can set up. and an old westfailia that we use as a summer room for guests. It will be first dibs on those.
There are also a few B&B's and a hotel not that far away.

For pic's of the campground see page 16 of this thread. bye1.gif

June 15-16

I'd like everyone who will be participating in the clinic to chime in And let me know if you are a participant or a spectator. Spectators are free but you will get stuck with the cooking and go fetch it jobs.
We need a volunteer to bring a gas BBQ.
Most likely balljoint and MGD will be providing the entertainment with their rendition of Doug and Bob McKenzie.

Peteyd from Restoration Design will be there and most likely Mike from mikes914 as well and I believe Mr Hyde said he will be attending.

Update!

We really only have room for 20 students so get you name in ASAP. I don't know when Dr. Evil will ever be able to do this again...some day they may make him get serious about his real job shades.gif

Officially on the list:

Peteyd (Pete),paid, special tool + 2 seal kits plus 911 friend?
Jon H (Jon) paid, used slider
Cool914 (Greg) paid, 2 seal kits
MrHyde (Mike)paid, good used 1st gear slider
MDG (Mike) paid + 2 seal kits, new 1st gear slider
Balljoint (Dave) paid + seal kit
boiledcabbage (Richard) paid + seal kit
Ian Stott paid + seal kit
Olin paid + seal kit
want to be a GT1
spsader (Paul) paid, seal kit, O X H gears
Dinobx (Dino) paid + seal kit
[/Jamesgordoncarruthers
Dr Evil
James, you need to contact me for payment smile.gif
Dr Evil
Question, is it possible to bring my dog up? Would you guys bee cool with that? Is it possible to bring him in and out of Canada?
walterolin
Fine with me, but I'm only a guest. Was thinking about bringing ol'
Buster with me, but he doesn't have a passport.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 19 2013, 08:27 PM) *

Question, is it possible to bring my dog up? Would you guys bee cool with that? Is it possible to bring him in and out of Canada?

OK with me but it might be a PITA at the border.
Be aware that any bull dog will be seen as a pitbull and they will not let it into Ontario.

Must have all it's shots and written proof of rabies shots etc.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terres...4/1364364352456
Dr Evil
Damn. He is a Pitt sad.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 19 2013, 11:07 PM) *

Sorry Doc, I did remember correctly, I thought your dog was of the bulldog breed.

Also no guns, they will take it at the border and you will never see it again. If you have one hidden and they find it, they will toss your ass in jail, take your gun, impound your car for weeks and cost you a shit load of coin to get it back.
Dr Evil
Ya, I would not transport my gun up there. That much I felt was evident.
Mark Henry
So we have 11 guys paid, 2 maybes and I don't know how many spectators.
Sounds like fun piratenanner.gif

Could the spectators PM me or chime in, I'd like to get a head count of everyone attending.

beerchug.gif

Pic is of Ian Stott's room.

I have that tent, a smaller tent and a tent trailer for those without camping gear.
If you don't claim dibs it's first come first served.
Jon H.
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 20 2013, 06:18 AM) *

So we have 11 guys paid, 2 maybes and I don't know how many spectators.
Sounds like fun piratenanner.gif

Could the spectators PM me or chime in, I'd like to get a head count of everyone attending.

beerchug.gif

Pic is of Ian Stott's room.

I have that tent, a smaller tent and a tent trailer for those without camping gear.
If you don't claim dibs it's first come first served.

A Westy on a trailer is the most reliable Westy biggrin.gif . I hope mine makes it down there!
Mark Henry
12 paids students and one spectator Saturday. smile.gif

I don't have the heart to scrap that westy and it makes a good guest room.
Dr Evil
GT1 is now paid plus seal kit.
walterolin
Mark,

I'm thinking about staying in a motel, not sure I want to fool with camping gear. What would be the closest one to your place?

Mark Henry
All hotels in our area are a 1/2 hour away and be aware if you plan to partake in the after school activities beer3.gif you won't be driving.

I have a tent trailer one side could be yours. I have no problem camping as long as I'm off the ground.
I also may have another westfailia like in the photo, and there's my bus, it has a Z bed, we do clean them out.

Local hotels

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=hotels+near+K...056747&z=11

bed and breakfast

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=bed+and+break...mp;t=m&z=12

Directions bowmanville to my place.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Bowmanvil...mp;t=m&z=12
Dr Evil
I am really hoping to have my bus there. My apprentice coming with me will need a bed smile.gif
walterolin
This changes my thoughts. I have an old road worthy 10 ft Jayco popup, it 's a little ratty looking, would look good next to the Westy. I might bring it. It travels well, hauled it 1200 miles to Colorado summer before last. Might change my mind and bring ol' Buster too, he's never been to Canada. I could sneak him in without his passport.

Looks like the nearest Sobeys and Tim Hortons will be in Port Hope, is this correct? And liquor store? Not that I would need any booze.
Mark Henry
Please read!
My place is out in the sticks!

It's a 5 minute drive to the local store and a 40-60 minute round trip to a Liquor store , The beer store, grocery store, bank, cash machine, hardware store, auto parts, hotels, etc.

Most GPS suck at finding my place, make sure you print off these google maps for directions.

Heading east

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Niagara+F...amp;t=m&z=9

Heading west

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Kingston,...mp;t=m&z=10
shoguneagle
Going to be interesting to read the followup on this great event. There may be a lot of fun, drinking, etc. but I do know one thing: there will be quality transmissions built and knowledge transferred. Wish I could par-take!

I did read the entire thread and did pick up some valuable information.

Have fun and build, build, build!!

Steve
balljoint
Mark, how is cell service in your area? Should we be requesting a live event Uploader thingy?

You just have to ask McMark. Because he says he runs things around here.

mellow.gif

Mark Henry
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 27 2013, 11:50 PM) *

Mark, how is cell service in your area? Should we be requesting a live event Uploader thingy?

You just have to ask McMark. Because he says he runs things around here.

mellow.gif

Cell service is good, just car GPS systems suck so make sure you download the google maps directions.

live event Uploader thingy? I don't have a clue, I do have wifi that you can tap into....I'm not the tech guy on this. unsure.gif

walterolin
Good Morning Mark,

Couple of things.

Could you PM me with a local telephone # for emergencies, my wife is afraid my WanderGuard won't work up there.

Do you want me to bring my own work table? I'm driving a Frontier.

Should I bring dino fluid? What kind? I will bring rags and brake cleaner and mineral spirits.

I plan on bringing metric and SAE sockets and wrenches, circlip pliers, allen wrenches (including a 17 mm - everybody should own a 17 mm allen wrench). Anything else in the way of tools?

I have the transmission out of the car, separated from the engine, drained, and the outside cleaned (not power washed, although it was tempting). Any other prep necessary?

I saved the gunk/metal shavings from the magnetic plug for the Doc to inspect - sort of like a stool sample from a transmission. Doctors are into that stuff - inspecting your poop. Looked pretty good for a 43 year old 140K gearbox. Oil looked good too.

About what time Friday do you want people to start showing up?

Thanks
Olin

P.S. What kind of music does Evil play? I asked him for a play list but never heard back.

flippa
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 20 2013, 02:57 AM) *

Sorry Doc, I did remember correctly, I thought your dog was of the bulldog breed.

Also no guns, they will take it at the border and you will never see it again. If you have one hidden and they find it, they will toss your ass in jail, take your gun, impound your car for weeks and cost you a shit load of coin to get it back.

No pitbulls & no guns??? mad.gif Where is the fun in that?

I love the campground Mark. I wish I could make it up, this looks like it is going to be a fun weekend up in the Great White North.
balljoint
QUOTE(flippa @ May 28 2013, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 20 2013, 02:57 AM) *

No pitbulls & no guns??? mad.gif Where is the fun in that?

I love the campground Mark. I wish I could make it up, this looks like it is going to be a fun weekend up in the Great White North.

Quiet Larry. You go hang out with the Yankee fans. dry.gif
flippa
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 28 2013, 07:13 AM) *

Quiet Larry. You go hang out with the Yankee fans. dry.gif

ohmy.gif

I didn't even think about it in that regard. huh.gif sad.gif

I'm more of a Bruins fan anyways sunglasses.gif poke.gif

We're still gonna have fun too, even if they are a bunch of Yankee fans unsure.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(walterolin @ May 28 2013, 10:55 AM) *

Good Morning Mark,

Couple of things.

Could you PM me with a local telephone # for emergencies, my wife is afraid my WanderGuard won't work up there.
Wanderguard does work here.
PM on the way.

Do you want me to bring my own work table? I'm driving a Frontier.
I'll have many benches set up, but you can if you like.

Should I bring dino fluid? What kind? I will bring rags and brake cleaner and mineral spirits.

I have my wash tank all set up but it's a bit low so if every one donates a couple pints everyone can use it smile.gif
You don't need to fill it till you get home or install it. Evil will tell you all about why he likes swepco, listen to his lecture before you buy it.

I plan on bringing metric and SAE sockets and wrenches, circlip pliers, allen wrenches (including a 17 mm - everybody should own a 17 mm allen wrench). Anything else in the way of tools?

I do have all of this, but I'd bring your own metric tools. I think all you really need is 13mm wrench and sockets.

I have the transmission out of the car, separated from the engine, drained, and the outside cleaned (not power washed, although it was tempting). Any other prep necessary?

Nope smile.gif but I do pressure wash my cases, I only do it the day before and I know how to protect the seals.

I saved the gunk/metal shavings from the magnetic plug for the Doc to inspect - sort of like a stool sample from a transmission. Doctors are into that stuff - inspecting your poop. Looked pretty good for a 43 year old 140K gearbox. Oil looked good too.
Evil is used to looking at shitters laugh.gif

About what time Friday do you want people to start showing up?
Anytime, but if you are early I put you to work. shades.gif

Thanks
Olin

P.S. What kind of music does Evil play? I asked him for a play list but never heard back. Country yodel
Dr Evil

No need for fliud. You can fill it when you get home. One can of brake cleaner should do...if you are not crazy with it.

No SAE needed, these are German wink.gif Pin pliers are a great thing to have, but I supply all essential tools. Sockets; 10, 13, 14, 19

Nope, that is good.

What kind of music does Evil play?

Blues
Rock
Metal
Flamenco

I know half of over 1,000,000 songs, so about 500,000. I am a little out of practice with my new baby and my job and such. I can either lead or follow, but it will be informal.
balljoint
And your passport. Don't forget your passport.
BajaXJ92
Still in! biggrin.gif
spsader
I have been enjoying the Doc's DVD (to compensate for my lack of experience) have attempted to clean my transmissions, sent payment to Evil for a second gasket set and ordered a set of flares with Pete. Looking forward to meeting you all. smile.gif
Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.