Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
scotty b
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 16 2013, 09:04 AM) *

Thanks, Mark! Thanks Doc! Great to meet everyone.

Oh.

Thanks, Dave. dry.gif

Burning or itching....or burning itching.........or just pain? mellow.gif
MrHyde
Thanks for hosting this Mark ! And thank you to the Evil one for the education. Who'd a thunk it that the 1st gear slider that I paid for before the clinic would have been the ONLY thing good in my tranny. Oh well. She's all good now :-)
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 16 2013, 02:23 PM) *

Oh.

Thanks, Dave. dry.gif

Burning itching with mild tingling.

unsure.gif
wobbletop
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 16 2013, 02:49 PM) *

unsure.gif

Too much... or too little... home made cider?
scotty b
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 16 2013, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 16 2013, 02:23 PM) *

Oh.

Thanks, Dave. dry.gif

unsure.gif

Uh oh........
balljoint
Someone mixed Old Bay into his pancakes. confused24.gif
balljoint
I would also like to thank Mark and his family for their hospitality.

And thanks to Dr. Evil and his HLM for helping all the other people at the clinic.

balljoint
I have a list of apologies to post as well but I am still working on it.
Dinobx
Hey All,

Just got home and unloaded everything. A big THANK YOU to Mark and his family for their overwhelming hospitality. Also a big THANK YOU to Mike (Dr. Evil) for his knowledge, patience and colourful personality (I like that you began your drunken guitar set with some Pink Floyd). Also a big thank you to all of the participants for bringing supplies, food, chairs, barbeques, etc. And one final thank you to Andrew for his assistance. He'll do Dr. Evil proud when he assumes the reigns.

I met a great bunch of guys, and had a chance to get a tone of knowledge in a very short period of time regarding Porsche engines and related issues.

In short, a great experience which is a must do for anyone in need of rebuilding a transmission, or even just for the experience of doing it. It does wonders for helping to build confidence as a Do-It-Yourselfer.

Thanks again everyone.

Best regards,

Dino
scotty b
No oderiferousness, or did it just blend in with the natural smell of Canadia Detroit ?
bulitt
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 16 2013, 05:00 PM) *

No oderiferousness, or did it just blend in with the natural smell of Canadia Detroit ?

You already know that answer.
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 16 2013, 05:00 PM) *

Nothing. Evil just smelled like brake cleaner and tranny guts. No ill wind to speak of.

Not sure what happened after he stumbled into Mark's house at 4:30 this morning though . . . unsure.gif The Henry's all seemed to be up and out of the house really early this morning. In the pouring rain . . . idea.gif
Mark Henry

It was fun, a pleasure meeting everyone and putting faces to names biggrin.gif

Lucky we threw Evil's bus on the hoist, he had a fuel line about to pop. Had to send the wife to Canadian Tire and do a quick repair.

I had way to much beer3.gif last night, but I still got my 2nd tranny done today. first.gif

Now I have to get back to work on my bug. I need to get it done ASAP but at least I have a fresh tranny. aktion035.gif
balljoint
Rolling into Elizabethvilleburgtown

Click to view attachment

In the campground
Click to view attachment

Rolling home.
Click to view attachment

Drying out.
Click to view attachment
Jon H.
Thanks for hosting this Mark. It was a really good time, especially pulling my stack apart eight times wacko.gif , after my pinion some how got broken (no names, no pack drill) headbang.gif and we had to set the pinion depth (which was not enjoyable to say the least). Thanks a bunch Mike (Dr.evil) for sorting out that stack for me. I have to tell ya, the 0615hr revelli and road move back back to ottawa with about 4hours of sleep each night sure made for a long drive. The weekend was great motivation though to finish welding on one of my flares this afternoon after a much need nap. But all in all, it was great time and I'm glad I took part in the clinic and was able put some faces to the names I see here on the site.

Jon
scotty b
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 16 2013, 02:52 PM) *

I had way to much beer3.gif last night, but I still got my 2nd tranny done today. first.gif

It usually does take way too much beer3.gif to do your second tranny Mark blink.gif
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 16 2013, 08:04 PM) *

Rolling into Elizabethvilleburgtown

Click to view attachment

This is where I woke up. Right as we pulled into Elizaburg, we unhooked the chains and I drove the rest of the way under my own power..

Sorry again about having the e-brake on the whole way, Dave.
scotty b
WTF.gif Did the notchback take a crap on you ? sad.gif
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 16 2013, 10:05 PM) *

WTF.gif Did the notchback take a crap on you ? sad.gif

No.

confused24.gif

I just wanted to sleep.
Eric_Shea
hijacked.gif Wheels look great Dave. Any more pictures of those?
MDG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 17 2013, 01:01 AM) *

I pretty much used up all of the memory on my phone taking pics of 'em. I plan on doing a thread of just photos of David's wheels.

thumb3d.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 17 2013, 01:01 AM) *

Eric,

Dr. Evil was telling stories about you.

Don't make me repeat them.

av-943.gif

unsure.gif
MDG
Not only that, Eric, Evil has also chosen that photo - you know "That" photo . . . - as the new graphics on the bus.

'Dr. Evil's Tranny Clinic' and then that photo underneath.

I was quite flattered.

mellow.gif
Mark Henry
Man I've been burnt out all day....I must be getting old. yellowsleep[1].gif

Suppose to go work out tonight sad.gif unsure.gif
MrHyde
I hear ya Mark... I got 7 hours or sleep last night.. I think thats as much as I've had combined from friday-sunday
Cool914
It was great to put some faces to names, and somehow I was able to (well it was mostly Evil) get 2 trannies done. Thanks to Mark for being such a generous host.

Now, considering my 914 is in pieces and undergoing a brisk (well for me) restoration, what is the proper way to store these freshly built trannies for the next 2 to 11 years.......? Do they need some oil in there, if so any type preferred?
MDG
I was up at 6:00 saturday morning . . . went to sleep after 4:00 sunday morning . . was back up 3 hours later . . .

It was like have a three day weekend crammed into two.
boiledcabbage
Thanks for the excellent hospitality mark -looks like as many as 20 trannies got rebuilt thanks to you and the Evil one. Had a great time, great bunch of folks, learned lots .

Ian -thanks again for the excellent lobster.

Evil - Thanks a million -hope you made it south safe and sound - remember to pm me your address so i can send you $ -otherwise i am giving it to the Save the Northeastern Hairless Black Beaver Foundation.

Richard
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Jun 17 2013, 04:47 PM) *

It was great to put some faces to names, and somehow I was able to (well it was mostly Evil) get 2 trannies done. Thanks to Mark for being such a generous host.

Now, considering my 914 is in pieces and undergoing a brisk (well for me) restoration, what is the proper way to store these freshly built trannies for the next 2 to 11 years.......? Do they need some oil in there, if so any type preferred?

I re-geared my 914 tranny (A, F, O, X, HB) on Sunday, I had built it at the first clinic almost 4 years ago and never added oil. It was fine, but I also sits in a heated shop.

If you worried fill it with a litre slosh it around, dump it and reuse in number 2 and repeat.

You must have missed DrEvil's speach on oil biggrin.gif
Just use GL-5 from crappy tire, use dino not synthetic and when you do start driving use the dino cheap stuff but change the oil often.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(boiledcabbage @ Jun 17 2013, 04:52 PM) *

Thanks for the excellent hospitality mark -looks like as many as 20 trannies got rebuilt thanks to you and the Evil one. Had a great time, great bunch of folks, learned lots .

Ian -thanks again for the excellent lobster.

Evil - Thanks a million -hope you made it south safe and sound - remember to pm me your address so i can send you $ -otherwise i am giving it to the Save the Northeastern Hairless Black Beaver Foundation.

Richard

I like hairless beaver wub.gif
bulitt
You guys must have doubled the population of Elizabethpodunk?
scotty b
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 17 2013, 12:21 PM) *

Man I've been burnt out all day....I must be getting old. yellowsleep[1].gif

Suppose to go work out tonight sad.gif unsure.gif

i hear you pussed out and tried to get Evil_Mike to take advantage of you blink.gif
sixnotfour
Whats the odds of success ??
10-1
10-3
100%
MDG
After Mark singed off half the hair on his head by falling face first into the fire . . wait for it . . Twice, the Doc was a little turned off.

Luckily Evil brought his "helper" Andrew with him.

Funny thing; much like Eric and Lil' E, everyone kinda ended up liking Andrew better than the Doc.
BajaXJ92
blink.gif idea.gif

At this point, I think the term "tranny-clinic" was disastrously misconstrued.

Click to view attachment
balljoint
He can come, but he has to bring a 914.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 17 2013, 10:54 PM) *

After Mark singed off half the hair on his head by falling face first into the fire . . wait for it . . Twice, the Doc was a little turned off.

Luckily Evil brought his "helper" Andrew with him.

Funny thing; much like Eric and Lil' E, everyone kinda ended up liking Andrew better than the Doc.

I hadn't had a drink in over a year and a half then to be plied with good liquor for 2 nights in a row really causes hell. I'm still suffering the after effects.

BTW My shop still reeks of gear oil.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 15 2013, 10:58 AM) *

Cupomeat has a rare 8 tooth pinion that's seen better days. sad.gif
Evil can fix this now with a common 7 tooth.

PM sent

I always knew my gearing was unusual... LOL

Thanks Dr. Evil and Mark!
walterolin
Buster and I got back safely to Kentucky yesterday afternoon, we took our time. Customs guy thought I said Porsche 901, and was very inpressed.

Thanks to the Henrys, for feeding us, and letting us destroy their back yard. Thanks to Mark for letting me pour gear oil all over his floor. Thanks to the Henry children for taking care of Buster. Thanks to the Doc for his expertise and supervision. And to the pseudo Newfie Stott for the lobster.

Beautiful place there on the outskirts of Elizabethville, ON. Traffic in Toronto was a lttle disheartening Friday, but the rest of Canadia was an enjoyable trip, eh? Nice to meet all the guys, put faces with names. And it's been a long time since I've seen two teeners in the same place, both running.

Certainly observed some strange things, the strangest probably was the rather intense argument over who won the war of 1812. I can't even remember what year it happened, much less who won.

Olin
lanker88
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2013, 08:39 PM) *

You can build as many as you can for one low price smile.gif

Hey Doc,

My Tranny Failed and am looking to replace it, but then i thought i would ask if you will be doing any clinics in California soon?

Thanks,
Luke
MDG
It was a pleasure to meet you and Buster too, Walter. Glad you had a safe trip back!

Mind you, the way Buster kept disappearing into the bush with Mark's dog . . .

There may be some issues there. unsure.gif
Eric_Shea
I remember my first 914 event... rolleyes.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 18 2013, 01:19 PM) *

I doubt that very much.
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 18 2013, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 18 2013, 01:19 PM) *

I doubt that very much.

No, I'm sure he does, David.

It was the time when he was asked never to come to another one. The painful memories are always the ones that stick.
Eric_Shea
Michael... shall I ban thee for being mean to me again? confused24.gif
MDG
mellow.gif
walterolin
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 18 2013, 12:37 PM) *

It was a pleasure to meet you and Buster too, Walter. Glad you had a safe trip back!

If there are, it will be a medical miracle.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(walterolin @ Jun 18 2013, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 18 2013, 12:37 PM) *

If there are, it will be a medical miracle.

Times 2
Phinny is a rescue dog, being fixed was part of the deal. She just likes to play. bye1.gif
Ian Stott
Just got home, my ass hurts! A little over 3000 KM, glad the lobsters were a hit! I had a blast, what a great bunch of guys. The musical entertainment was second only to our own personal firewalker! Mark you and your family were wonderful hosts, you deserve all the accolades that I am sure will be coming your way.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
scotty b
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jun 18 2013, 05:22 PM) *

Just got home, my ass hurts!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

huh.gif blink.gif GREAT SUCCESS !! It was an official tranny clinic beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.