Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2013, 08:53 AM) *

If you want on the list, I need you to contact me for payment if going as a student smile.gif So far, one in since last PM.

Mike email

Peteyd (Pete), plus 911 friend
Jon H (Jon)
Cool914 (Greg)
MrHyde (Mike)
MDG (Mike)
Balljoint (Dave)
boiledcabbage (Richard)
Ian Stott

I have another guy I'll get his info.
Dr Evil
Add Olin smile.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2013, 09:05 AM) *

Add Olin smile.gif

I bet we sell out smile.gif

Dr Evil
Yup. Counting spectators, we will be a full house. I am planning on bringing an apprentice with me, my friend Andrew. He is a K-6 teacher and with his help I can increase production of rebuilds from home smile.gif
Mark Henry
Update!

We really only have room for 20 students (we have 11 so far) so get you name in ASAP. I don't know when Dr. Evil will ever be able to do this again...some day they may make him get serious about his real job shades.gif

Officially on the student list:

Peteyd (Pete), plus 911 friend
Jon H (Jon)
Cool914 (Greg)
MrHyde (Mike)
MDG (Mike) paid
Balljoint (Dave)
boiledcabbage (Richard)
Ian Stott
Olin check in mail + seal kit
want to be a GT1

This list will be updated on the first post of this thread, please check there as I may forget to update this list.
Dr Evil
Update:
Olin - check in mail + seal kit
wobbletop
Add me as a spectator?

I plan on bringing the 914, so no room for a BBQ.
Dr Evil
Gonna have me fix it for you this year? smile.gif Gonna have the right bushing? wink.gif
Dr Evil
Spectators:
- Wobbletop
- Scotty B?
- Adumb?
- Eric_Shea?
- Chairman Mao?
- Batman?
- The Mother F@#$* Easter Bunny?
MDG
It has just come to my attention there seems to be a lack of cost in this thread. Aside from Mark kinda thinkin' a gasket set 'might' have been around $55-ish . . .

You know, I'd like to pay the guy. Being a new father . . struggling by on a meager doctor's salary . .

confused24.gif

Guess Dave should just pay me then?
Ian Stott
Just tell me how much and where to send it! Nice to see my name on the list! Did my mentioning we can talk about lobsters have anything to do with me getting on the list??Mak could you tell me the name of the hotel that is close to you? I" ll probably stay at CFB Trenton the day before but want to be closer the night of the BBQ and merriment.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Dr Evil
Tuition is $300 if sent via paypal then to (make my 914 go) without the spaces at yahoo.com. Make sure to put your screen name in the message so I know who you are.
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 1 2013, 06:49 PM) *

Tuition is $300 if sent via paypal then to (make my 914 go) without the spaces at yahoo.com. Make sure to put your screen name in the message so I know who you are.

I didn't put my screen name when I sent mine. But I put a note thanking you for the great time in Key West so . . . .
BajaXJ92
Spectator? mad.gif

I'll be playing the role of Grillmaster.

Who had the ham and swiss on rye? confused24.gif

I boil a mean cabbage, btw. unsure.gif
balljoint
No Adam, your role will be "victim". smile.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 1 2013, 09:04 PM) *

No Adam, your role will be "victim". smile.gif

Dave, its not called "surprise sex" anymore, it's called "rape". mad.gif

That's still illegal in Canadia, right? unsure.gif
BajaXJ92
Nevermind that, we'll be on Mark's land.

I've never been with a big black man before.

Whats that like, Dave? Mike? huh.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Feb 1 2013, 09:20 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

Let's make that "willling victim".
MDG

You should be more worried about the wolves and the brown bears . . . and the Mohicans that live in the woods behind Mark's. huh.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(MDG @ Feb 1 2013, 09:36 PM) *

You should be more worried about the wolves and the brown bears . . . and the Mohicans that live in the woods behind Mark's. huh.gif

Why?

Are they rapier than Dave? confused24.gif

Dr Evil
MDG - paid!
MDG
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Feb 1 2013, 09:38 PM) *

Why?

Kinda. Up side is they give you a cool hair cut.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ Feb 1 2013, 10:11 PM) *

Why?

Once you go black you don't go back. shades.gif

sheeplove.gif
BajaXJ92

Why?

Does Dave still do Brazilians? huh.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 1 2013, 10:34 PM) *

Why?

Once you go black you don't go back. shades.gif

sheeplove.gif

....to Canadia? icon8.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 1 2013, 06:36 PM) *

Just tell me how much and where to send it! Nice to see my name on the list! Did my mentioning we can talk about lobsters have anything to do with me getting on the list??Mak could you tell me the name of the hotel that is close to you? I" ll probably stay at CFB Trenton the day before but want to be closer the night of the BBQ and merriment.

Ian Stott
Moncton

Trenton is about 1 hour away. There is a nice B&B (2 rooms) > 10 minutes down the road. I have a tent trailer with two beds and an old westfalia (one bed) plus my 67 has a Zbed.
Ian gets dibs till we know what he's doing.

Evil has a room, don't be jealous as it's my daughters room and it's pink with a full Barbie collection. blink.gif

I am not kidding when I say we have lots of camping room....bring a tractor-trailer each you might fill up the front lawn (at least the bit I cut). I'd see if you can borrow a tent trailer for the weekend.
We partake in hoisting a few beer3.gif we be having a camp fire, I'm pretty sure the Doc is bringing his geetar.
Did I mention we'd be hoisting a few?
Ian Stott
Hey Mark, Since I will be alone why don't you put me in the Westy that has the one bed( I snore like a downeast foghorn so you can even park it far from the rest!). I just need a place to sleep that's dry in case of rain for the Sat. night, as I would like to have a drink and not have to drive anywhere, that way I can have 2 drinks! Gonna try and do the paypal thing to do the good Dr. today, I suck at pooter stuff (still can't post pics which is a shame as I am very good looking) if I am having difficulties I could deposit money in your account quite easily. Lets see how I make out, my smart daughter is coming over for dinner on Sunday so I may be successful.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 2 2013, 09:32 AM) *

Hey Mark, Since I will be alone why don't you put me in the Westy that has the one bed( I snore like a downeast foghorn so you can even park it far from the rest!). I just need a place to sleep that's dry in case of rain for the Sat. night, as I would like to have a drink and not have to drive anywhere, that way I can have 2 drinks! Gonna try and do the paypal thing to do the good Dr. today, I suck at pooter stuff (still can't post pics which is a shame as I am very good looking) if I am having difficulties I could deposit money in your account quite easily. Lets see how I make out, my smart daughter is coming over for dinner on Sunday so I may be successful.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Ian has the westy shades.gif
It's a scrappy, not fancy, but we do use it for a spare bed and it is clean and rodent free.

We also have the tent trailer if anyone want to share it has a bed each side with curtains. And my '67 bus...
I can put heat to them if needed. I have sleeping bags but you might want to bring your own bedding.
I also have a tent. If you have a cot you can crash in the shop, but you will be woken up early.

Please note if you are drinking my wife will take your car keys. bye1.gif

BTW everyone bring everything you need, booze, bedding, food, beer, cash, adult drapers, liquor...etc
We are a 30 minute + drive to anywhere, 10 minutes to the nearest convenience store.
Dr Evil
This event could wind up banning me from Canada happy11.gif
bulitt
I was thinking just the opposite, sold out 5 months before the event. Like the Pope going back to Poland after the fall of the USSR. Poor cANaDonions the border patrol hasn't let a transmission Dr in for years...

Cuban Clinic anyone? lol-2.gif
walterolin
What will be the available, plumbing if any?

Terlit? Shower? Should I throw in a couple of old 105s for p... tubes, and shovels to make a slit trench?

I'll probably bring a tent and cot, the tent is large if someone wants to share. I snore.

And will the Doc be posting a play list for us mediocre musicians to work on?
balljoint
QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 2 2013, 03:55 PM) *

I was thinking just the opposite, sold out 5 months before the event. Like the Pope going back to Poland after the fall of the USSR. Poor cANaDonions the border patrol hasn't let a transmission Dr in for years...

Cuban Clinic anyone? lol-2.gif

I am sure there will be a few Cubans at this event. rolleyes.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(walterolin @ Feb 2 2013, 04:04 PM) *

What will be the available, plumbing if any?

Terlit? Shower? Should I throw in a couple of old 105s for p... tubes, and shovels to make a slit trench?

I'll probably bring a tent and cot, the tent is large if someone wants to share. I snore.

And will the Doc be posting a play list for us mediocre musicians to work on?

#1 = bushes behind and away from the shop.
#2 = the wife might let you in, there's a camping potty but user hoses it out.

BTW You can sleep at the top of the hill. smile.gif
flippa
Hmmmm, only 532 miles. That would be worth the drive just for the entertainment value. biggrin.gif
balljoint
Oh no. Not two Larry's. pinch.gif
MDG
No - that's great. Think how cool Larry would look rolling in on his new Ruckus sportin' his engineer hat!

C'mon - Boston is like a six hour drive (21-1/2 on the Ruckus). thumb3d.gif

edit: LESS than six hours. I keep forgetting Mark's place is way closer - he lives right on the eastern edge of Canada.

edit 2: not "technically" the eastern edge as there are the maritimes too but they are at the other end of the river.

mellow.gif

So . . Mark's, that river, maritimes, ocean.
flippa
QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 2 2013, 02:39 PM) *

Oh no. Not two Larry's. pinch.gif

Come on, can you ever really have enough Larry's? piratenanner.gif
Mark Henry
Unfortunately there's this pond, called Lake Ontario, that you have to drive around. Google maps says 536miles, 8 hours each way from Boston.

Google Maps Elizabethville, Ontario gets you close enough for planning a route.
MDG
Larry's coming from Boston - if he drives around the lake he's gone the wrong way . . .

Cross at Gananoque via I-81.
MDG
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 2 2013, 06:15 PM) *

I thought you were in Kingston? Isn't Elizabethville north of Port Hope?

balljoint
Mark was in Kingston.

mellow.gif

He got out.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ Feb 2 2013, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 2 2013, 06:15 PM) *

I thought you were in Kingston? Isn't Elizabethville north of Port Hope?

Kingston no, north of Port Hope yes.

Dave living in Kingston is like doing time.
Dr Evil
Ian Stott, our Northern-most friend, is PAID biggrin.gif
Ian Stott
Hey Good Dr. Do you have a checklist of what we need to bring, re tools?? Do you bring parts in case I need a part? I'm on the computer cause the power went out at the Superbowl. I can see the TV from my desk, now my chips won't last til the end of the game!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Dr Evil
Basic tools are all you need. I will bring special tools, and I will have a hoard of spare parts. You should either source your seal kit or have me buy it for you. The cost is about the same.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 3 2013, 09:22 PM) *

Hey Good Dr. Do you have a checklist of what we need to bring, re tools?? Do you bring parts in case I need a part? I'm on the computer cause the power went out at the Superbowl. I can see the TV from my desk, now my chips won't last til the end of the game!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Just bring a basic tool kit, socket set with a few extensions, scrapers, brass brush, 2 cans of brake cleaner, work gloves and rags.

Wear old clothes or coveralls.

If you clean the outside of your tranny you will be farther ahead. I don't like to power-wash tranny's, but if you chance it take care as you can blow past seals. Be extra careful of the input shaft seal. If you do power-wash do it only days before the clinic. For those with air tools I do have a compressor, but it's not really needed.
I have a parts washing tank.

Dr Evil will have a supply of good used parts at good prices but the students also sell/buy/trade parts as well. Doc will tell everyone fair market value prices.
If you have two good cores you can often make one fully rebuilt transmission with little or no parts cost, other than the gasket kit.

Doc you don't need to bring your slider battle axe, I have one. I also have the extra long pinion nut socket.
Dr Evil
I am bringing everything smile.gif Maybe a drum set, guitars and amps, too aktion035.gif
soopaman
Hi everyone. First time poster here. As much as I would like to attend this awsome event, time will not permit it. I hope there'll be another one in the US soon. Is there a way to get a copy of the DVD in the meantime? I would like to have a go at it and see what happens. What about the special tools that are needed. Are the discussed in the DVD? Can a person make theire own? Thanks
Mark Henry
QUOTE(soopaman @ Feb 4 2013, 12:01 PM) *

Hi everyone. First time poster here. As much as I would like to attend this awsome event, time will not permit it. I hope there'll be another one in the US soon. Is there a way to get a copy of the DVD in the meantime? I would like to have a go at it and see what happens. What about the special tools that are needed. Are the discussed in the DVD? Can a person make theire own? Thanks

This is the Canadian clinic, Dr Evil is from Washington, PA, is sort of a travelling road show and may be having a clinic in your area, shoot him a PM.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Doc. You need more COW BELL, who is asigned to bring it. Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.