Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
puffinator
Yes they had heat shields. I have a '70 -6 and it has the same holes for a heat shield. Early cars had bolts to attach and later cars were welded
gcrotvik
QUOTE(puffinator @ Jun 10 2016, 06:36 AM) *

Yes they had heat shields. I have a '70 -6 and it has the same holes for a heat shield. Early cars had bolts to attach and later cars were welded

I guess I have never noticed the bolt heads in the trunk floor on early cars before. Thanks!
More progress pics.
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 5 2016, 01:14 PM) *

Wow, I'm just seeing this thread today. Nothing short of awesome aktion035.gif

I'd like to visit your shop some day ... I live in Torrance most of the time these days.

I'm in Gasoline Alley on Normandie. Shoot me a PM.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jun 10 2016, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(puffinator @ Jun 10 2016, 06:36 AM) *

I guess I have never noticed the bolt heads in the trunk floor on early cars before. Thanks!

Fasteners yes,....... bolts no.
sorry for the crappy pic
Beautiful job.
banananose914
Well, thanks a lot Kent. Now I have to work some overtime. A lot of overtime
More progress pics. Jim did a GREAT job of restoring all the parts.
More pics.
stuttgart46
Wow, that looks incredible.
Congrats
jd74914
That is really awesome!

Your trunk paint is cleaner than most people's exterior paint! drooley.gif
altitude411
My favorite part...reassembling the shiny new bits. popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
Cairo94507
That is looking beautiful - nice work and parts restoration too.
banananose914
For those doing a rotisserie restoration, do yourself a favor. Make sure you put the plastic boot on the steering shaft before you install the suspension. Then, when you put that on don't forget to install the shaft bearing. This should have been a one step process of installing the suspension, but, because of me we removed the suspension twice. Also, make sure you clean the blasting media and any grease from the inside of the a arms. You'll save a lot of time and stress. I tend to learn things the hard, expensive way. This car is no exception. I have other restoration tips that I will share along the way. Tips that I learned the hard way. Stay tuned.
Blue6
Kent and James, those wheels and tires look like $hit. I have some genuine imitation polished western style wheels I'll sell you for $1,500. Maybe think about flares before you paint it. That way you could run some really wide centerlines with BF Goodrich tires. biggrin.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(914350 @ Jun 4 2016, 12:29 PM) *

Sorry for the Orange overload.

Amazing and hard to fault ....better than new no question smile.gif
Mitox
I'm working on a GT project; the body work is now in process. This is likely obvious to many, but can you tell me what type of paint you used. Single stage or two stage, and what brand?
banananose914
[quote name='Blue6' date='Jul 10 2016, 11:19 PM' post='2369984']
Kent and James, those wheels and tires look like $hit. I have some genuine imitation polished western style wheels I'll sell you for $1,500. Maybe think about flares before you paint it. That way you could run some really wide centerlines with BF Goodrich tires. biggrin.gif
Dave, Dave. I'll have you know that the front ones are super damn close to original 6 1/2 inch fake Fuchs. The rear are Fuchs. I think. Anyway, they still retain their original patina and worn tires. Original is the way to go. Loser!
Larmo63
You can always put fiberglass flares on it later.
pete000
Candy !
raynekat
This is a beautiful car that is way over the top.
That means....you have to....or must....show us multitudes of pics.
Karma has dealt you that my friend.
Seriously, I'm saving a bunch of your pics for a "go by" when I start putting my car back together next year.
Really great stuff....
banananose914
I think I still have pieces of the old ones I took off. When Dave isn't huffing on the bondo, I'll graft them back on. Great ideas from both you and Dave (Wal Mart shoppers).
More pics.
More pics.
Primer Sealer.
Primer Sealer.
Painted. Now it will get color sanded with 3 diff. grits of sandpaper and a 3 stage polish.
euro911
Wet Glass drooley.gif
More pics.
More pics.
Cairo94507
smilie_pokal.gif Damn! That looks so good. The factory never sprayed them that nice. That is going to be fun to watch as it begins to come together. Best wishes.
banananose914
Hey Kent. Is it me, or are you trying to get my car done? Looks good, thanks!
Blue6
It might be the pics, but the drivers side door looks a little wavy. av-943.gif Nice work Kent, car shows in SoCal will never be the same. first.gif
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jul 25 2016, 06:45 AM) *

Hey Kent. Is it me, or are you trying to get my car done? Looks good, thanks!

biggrin.gif
Peashooter
What can I say? Absolutely beautiful! You have turned a rusty crock into a swan. I hope we get to see the entire process until the car is finished. I'm just glad I don't have to pay the bill at the body shop! blink.gif
sixnotfour
you'll wish you went Gold...Looks Great !!
pete000
Candy!
banananose914
Tell that to Cairo. He's the gold color guy

Cairo94507
Don't hate the playa, hate the game. beer3.gif
Larmo63
<------------IS JEALOUS!!!!!

That looks great, Jim!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 26 2016, 09:49 AM) *

you'll wish you went Green...Looks Great !!

beerchug.gif
mark04usa
Beautiful car, love the color, it looks like Tangerine!
borg914
awesome work
banananose914
Hey Cairo, no hating. I'm just a fan of original, and gold looks good. From one 830 to another. Hope to see your car soon.
Cairo94507
No worries - I was joking. But you know my car will not see gold paint as long as I own it. But that makes your car worth more because there were so few gold ones to begin with.
Andy showed up with his car, made for some nice pics.
Cairo94507
Absolutely beautiful. smilie_pokal.gif
I'm finnished with my part on the car, now it's headed home with Jim. I will be going out to his place now and then to help with assymbly but at this point, I'm turning this thread over to him. Thanks for all the nice compliments on the car throughout the thread, I appreciate it very much.
Kent S.
pics.
Pic.
...and away it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.